Options

Pondering starting over, but.....

TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
So as some may know (kokokokonut) I got reset when my device died. And I started over. I'm now up to a B lister. But I'm thinking about starting over, only because I spent a TON of stars on gift boxes over the last 2 events. I got some stuff, but mostly money and energy. I'm kicking myself for it now!!

Here's my dilemma. I'm worried I won't get my stars and the cash back that Glu gave me for my trouble, when I restart. I'm afraid to risk it!! What to do, what to do?! :confused:
Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
Let's be friends!! :cool: :D

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I'm sorry Twiztidrose, Glu really doesn't return misspent Stars Just accept that your choices didn't work out, and either restart like anyone else, without Glu's cushion, or just keep your game. Everyone would ask for gift box stars back. I spent way too many stars last weekend, I'd love to get them back, but it's not going to happen.

I am just curious, If someone gave you a thousand dollars, and said 'here, have a nice time in Vegas' and you lost your money in the slot machines, would you go back to that person, say "I lost it all in the slot machine. Can I have another thousand dollars and I promise not to go to Vegas this time"? Not trying to be rude, but you didn't have an issue, you had bad game play and want them to replenish it?

I'm sure when you think about it, you'll see how bad that logic is. Be like me, ad thousands of others, chalk it up to experience and try not to buy gift boxes. But they're not going extend a courtesy a 2nd time because the first one wasn't spent well. Sorry I don't have better news. I think it would be foolish to restart your game again.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    mermaidprincessmermaidprincess Registered Users 4 Posts
    I think what Twiztidrose means is Glu gave them a bunch of stars for some problem they had with their game and they're afraid of losing those stars if they start the game over since they didn't purchase them. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what it sounds like to me?)
  • Options
    Hi Mermaid princes, thanks for 2nd guessing, maybe you're right. Let's see what the Original poster wrote:

I'm thinking about starting over, only because I spent a TON of stars on gift boxes over the last 2 events.
    & then they continued:
    I'm worried I won't get my stars and the cash back that Glu gave me for my trouble,

Your premise is they still have 500 or so Stars left over, and they're afraid of losing those if they start over? My thoughts are, if they had 500 Stars left from Glu for earlier issues, and they're a BLister now, what would they gain or accomplish by going back to ELister? If you can be a BLister with 500Stars left over, why would you start from scratch and lose everything except the 500Stars?

I would think Glu would certainly give them back what ever is still in their wallet or resources if they wanted to start over. "I want to start over because I spent a ton of stars' So, if they have 500 Left and they're B list, why would they start over to become 500Stars and E list? It's illogical.

Think about it MermaidPrincess, under your theory, what would be the reasoning for Twiztidrose to drop back down to E with the same resources they have now, after spending a ton of Stars? They'll lose all their progress, all their relationships, any clothes purchased since the initial restart.

Glu sometimes softens the blow when people MUST restart the game due to tech issues or something. Those gifts from Glu are pretty much a one shot deal. And not because someone decided, eh, I want to play a better game. I'm starting over.

Hopefully Twiztidrose will come back and clarify. They said there was no other issue other than they dropped a ton of Stars. Ok, well if he drops down to ELister they've still spent the the ton of Stars.

Anyway, nice to meet you, welcome to the forum, and I really would like to understand what the benefit to starting over and maintaining what he's already got. Maybe I'm just not seeing it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    mermaidprincessmermaidprincess Registered Users 4 Posts
    I am not saying there would be any benefit or that I understand their line of reasoning for starting over (I personally wouldn't), just that that's what I understood from reading their post.

I am sure you do not mean it, but you are coming off as kind of rude. I do not claim to understand their entire line of reasoning or why exactly they'd like to restart or any benefit they'd gain from restarting. I only said it sounds like they're simply just afraid of losing their stars since they didn't purchase them and can't do restore purchases, because based off their post that it what it sounds like.
  • Options
    Yes, and no, mermaid. I did purchase some stars. And I got those back then some. So yes, I'm afraid I would lose what Glu had given me back.
    Kokokokonut you wound me! You did come off kind of cold and rude. I didn't think I was doing anything wrong here. I saw another post by someone talking about gift boxes and that she kept starting over trying to get something she wanted. You helped me so much when I first started here, by getting my sig and setting me up to add friends on Kindle. Now you act like you don't know me! ='(

I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone else with my question....

Edit: and as it says in my sig my name is Jennifer.... I am a she...
  • Options
    I haven't read your whole thing, I will, but I was coming back to be very sincere in explaining what I meant when I wrote,
    I wanted to tell you in a quick way, not to reset yet. With an urgent tone. My tone was sincere, and if you read as many posts as I have, that is a typical question. Post after post about give back a house and get stars back, getting back specific items from a game on a different platform. Selling back the babies. I kid you not. There was nothing in your post to indicate you were resetting for any other reason, You even said only.

My response to our new poster, unfortuntely was the first post, saying no, I think you got it wrong. so I tried to explain why I thought that was what you meant using your own words. ANd I asked twice to please tell me what I was missing. And, yes I remember writing to you about things but I can't even remember where my own dolls are in the game quest wise, I am always asking people for more details.

It's my husbands birthday and I was holding up his birthday breakfast, So I rattled off a quick response. I had to quickly assess the situation, and wanted to stop you before you did something and regret what could be yet another bad decision. Then my son held us up while the Birthday Boy was rattling his keys and muttering about blueberry pancakes. I looked back to see if you had answered back, and I see a brand new poster not even saying Hi, I'm new with "i think you got it wrong." So, I tried to quickly explain myself a virtual stranger,

We got back, I had already decided to try an apologize for curtness, and then I saw your first two lines, saw you said I was rude, and wanted to write my explanation without any influence by what you've written. Now, I'll go back and read. But be honest, with your original post, forgetting about anything else you think I may know about your game, see the words you used, and tell me how else I could have taken it. You mentioned nothing of any reason other than having made bad choices and want to start over without losing what they gave you.

Now I'll go read, and I am the first to apologize for Snap judgements or mistakes. Because I'm human. And I'd like everyone here to remember that.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I figured you were either having a bad day or in the middle of something sweets. I'm so sorry!! Because you've ALWAYS been nothing more than sweet and very super helpful! <3<3

And yes! I said I wanted to restart simply because I stupidly overspent stars on those blasted gift boxes. Not because of any fault or tech problem. So you are right there. But I felt like I got my hands smacked with a ruler by the teacher haha!

Edit: and I'm no dummy lol. I wouldn't reset on a whim lol. I said I was pondering it. I came here to talk about it.
  • Options
    Ok, apologies to both, But Twiztidrose, without going back to earlier posts, I can not recall your situation from thread to thread. I sincerely wish with all my heart I could. I always try to answer any post for help or questions, I was also putting together a glitch thread for in game messaging, and contacting Glu about it. I emailed 5 people from another thread telling them I created the new thread, and asked them to please repost their issues.

Oh, wait a minute, I sent one of those to you, didn't I? Ooooh, I was in the middle of trying to help you guys, when a new thread popped up.

OMG, this is funny. I hope you can see it. So on top of my hubby's hunger on his birthday, I'm trying to help with a glitch and wanted to quickly answer any new Support threads.

It was your thread. Your choice of words helped me to assume that's what you meant. The word Pondering illicits visions of someone idling on a summer's day under a tree just thinking and wondering about things. And since your new post said only your thoughts about bad decisions and wanting to start over without losing what they gave you. (Your words)

Personally, I would have prefaced the post with, I'm currently involved in the messaging glitch, so I was thinking.............

That would have made it totally different. And I'll admit, I feel bad for people involved in real problems with the game, and this first post seemed like a trivial problem, compared with what I was trying to help other people with. Babies were changed, and there are only 3 days to get your fix order in, through the ingame messaging. If they can't message, their babies probably won't get fixed for a while if they miss it. So, I am sorry, but with no knowledge of your issue, it seemed trivial. But I still didn't want you to lose your game without knowing you probably couldn't get it back. ANd, I also had to discourage a mob of people dumping their games because they bought gift boxes. So, I had to be blunt.

Anyway I am sorry, now you know why.

If you're involved in that glitch, I wouldn't restart until we hear what glu has to say. But of course, if your loss was due to Glu tech issues, you know they will be more than fair with you.

I'm going back to read MermaidPrincess' post after I check for any news about the glitch. And then I'll be pming her.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Exactly lol! Pondering!! Haha! No honey, I'm not part of the group with that problem. You take care of yourself. Sounds like you need to de-stress! <33
  • Options
    Ok, you're not part of that glitch, please refresh what the issues are. Hubby's playing his new guitar, and it's 2 hours before he starts shaking the keys to go out for his birthday dinner. So I would really like to help you out with this. Oh, you have the Kindle. We got you hooked up with Google Circle, and you helped me learn how people connect with kindle games. So, tell me the basic things, Of course if you restart and it's not their fault you can recover your purchases, and Most probably what is left of the aggravation gift they gave you. If you restart because of something they did to affect your game, I would make a list of things I bought with the funds they gave me, ie: Bought the Jet xStars List any pets you bought, showing them in screenshots, and just hold onto it in case you need it. But before restarting I would write to Glu, thank them for their help, explain the issues that make you want to restart the game (leave off the gift box thing, it will probably lead them in the wrong direction as it did with me) Tell them what you want to do, but tell them your concerns for the Stars and or cash you bought, plus the remains of the generous gift. So, either way, you don't want to lose more, and if the 2nd restart is also due to Glu issues, then I'd mention a few big ticket items, did you adopt? A jet? and say you don't want to end up buying them again from the leftover stars.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary