Weekend Event 7/24/2015 - 5 Months to Christmas - Woo Hoo!

Comments

• HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    I bought them. I waste money. It's my thing.

I love you!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • MikeGagaChicagoMikeGagaChicago Registered Users 64 Posts
    Wait do you get only one item in a box or more?
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    I want the bunny ears & bunny purse next. All the items are totally worth 60 Kstars. I am so frickin happy right now WOW!

Omg I also want the big hair from New Years really bad. But any box is a winner.thank you so much, Glu!!!!!!
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    You only get one item in each of the eight boxes. But they each contain a fabu prize. There ARE accessories, so beware, because a gaudy gold necklace is a possibility.

Buy at least one, Koko. It feels gooood.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

HollySisk wrote: »
    I love you!

Thanks, Holly. At least my habit is good for a laugh!

• ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    Wait... This is not the weekend event, right?
    No, it's not. It's just a brief affair.

I have a hunch it's a VIP event that'll start right after this ends, so that these extravagant purchases we make don't apply to that total!

Yikes, cynical much?

Gurllll..... Green is not my color but it's all good coz i can get my Irish on. And if I hadn't said it enough, I love you, Glu!!!!!

25i12k1.jpg
    Can you layer those boots with pants?

Nope. They stand alone with skirts or shorts.

The best part is the "#1" in the banner, which means we'll have more #ThroubackSales!
  • TaddyXCTaddyXC Registered Users 47 Posts
    This got me so excited! I warned my husband I was buying the 45.99$ kstar in app purchase. He is not amused,but will get over it.
    Soooooo I opened 4 boxes: first box really cute purse white with all crazy paint splotchy colours on it, I think it came from the Easter event. Ok Off to a great start! Next up, the cool sunglasses from Kylie's event. I never did that one. Ok that was good, not great but good. MY NEXT TWO WERE A WAIST OF 120 K-Stars!!!!!! I got the red heart ring from the Valentine's Day event, which ok is cute but I would have liked some hair or clothing.plus it is limited in what you can wear it with . My last one😭😭😭😭😭the stupid St.Patricks Day Garland thingy you wear around your neck. I'll be decked out next year on March 17th with that and my Shamrock Ring I wasted 40 stars on.
    I'm so done! I have 380 Kstars that are itchy for a box but my luck has soured. I only started playing last December so I missed so many cool events. Arrrrrrrgh!!!!I'm off to my pity party of 1.

Good Luck everyone I KNOW no one can waste as many stars on as many disappointing items as me. So let me live vicariously through you and show me what you lucky ducks got!!!

Also does this replace our weekend event? The timeline says this is over Friday which means there could still be a weekend event!!!
    So I'll hold on to my Kstars and hope it's a fabulous one!
  • nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    I hope they put some stuff for cash because lmao I'm 10 stars short. I'll... cave in and buy an itunes card after all.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Nope. They stand alone with skirts or shorts.

93b.jpg

Those were the ones I wanted to layer them with pants...
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
    I am stuck at the car dealership waiting for my car to be inspected and I am DYING watching what yall open. I'm down to 55 Kstars so I can't even get a fix by opening one. Argh!!!
    I bought a $100 iTunes gift card last week but it's at home in my other purse. Argh!!!!
    DYING!!!!
    Trying to resist just buying the Kstars on my credit card. Yall know I have an issue with self control. But when I buy the iTunes gift cards at my grocery store, I can get discounts on gasoline so I rationalize. Lol
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    Can you guys post some images of your open gift boxes? I want to open one so bad, but I only have 20 Kstars and since I don't live in USA but in brokenzuela (Venezuela), I have no choice. Anyways, I'm so happy for everyone. You guys have a chance of getting those cool items back.

Is there a way to gift you real money to buy Kstars? Like through PayPal or something?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • TaddyXCTaddyXC Registered Users 47 Posts
    Holly I was weak.... I had to buy the Kstars!!!
    This is a sure fire moneymaker for Glu and Kim. Brilliant, but come on they listened to our pleas!
  • Purpleprince90Purpleprince90 Registered Users 45 Posts
    Omygod!! I had like 500 Kstars or something like that and I'm now down to 28!! I got a bunch of cute stuff, such as the hair with the bunny ears and the heart dress thing, but there were so many lovely things in those boxes I wanted so bad! But I'm really glad about all of this really, hopefully this will return when I have K stars again!
    I am stuck at the car dealership waiting for my car to be inspected and I am DYING watching what yall open. I'm down to 55 Kstars so I can't even get a fix by opening one. Argh!!!
    I bought a $100 iTunes gift card last week but it's at home in my other purse. Argh!!!!
    DYING!!!!
    Trying to resist just buying the Kstars on my credit card. Yall know I have an issue with self control. But when I buy the iTunes gift cards at my grocery store, I can get discounts on gasoline so I rationalize. Lol
    gurl do it! You only live once. Unless of course you believe in reincarnation lol but in any case, the next life might not provide amazeballz event items for ur doll to wear.

I know now money's tight but this is one impulse shopping trip you will not regret, I swear!
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    I hope I have this weekend's event. I didn't have it this morning and I am still a bit worried about a false flag.

Isabella Grace I wish there were some way we could help you get to open a gift box.
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Has anyone received a item you already had? I think I'm going to take screenshots of my wardrobe before I start opening.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Kmbaby3Kmbaby3 Registered Users 58 Posts
    I really hope this weekend isn't VIP, I just used all my kstars. I think the throwback sale is awesome but I wish I had better luck. I got the silly heart ring, a dress that I'm not really in to, the purse that Nori drew on and the hair with the bunny ears that I already had ( the was the biggest disappointment and a complete waste of 60 kstars). I know the boxes are random but I wish that glu could somehow make it so we can't win something we already have. I might have to cave and buy some kstars so I can open more.
    I bought too many boxes, and there wasn't anything I already had. I think <oops! I thought>it carefully avoids duplicating your stuff.

Edit: Yikes. So much for that, then. You already had the bunny ears? So sorry about that!

• FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    So what does everyone think the event Will be this weekend? VIP? Or maybe parties?

Oh, did anyone else here enter the FB contest? I know Trev did.

I got my prize in the mail today

PhotoGrid_1437669882024_zpszq7km5oj.jpg

2 vip events in the same month? Never happen before.
  • kkh.isabellagracekkh.isabellagrace Registered Users 108 Posts
    Is there a way to gift you real money to buy Kstars? Like through PayPal or something?

Today, I'll try to explain "Cadivi" to you guys. If you don't get it, it's okay. Cadivi is an exchange control. Here in Venezuela, we have Bolívares, you guys have Dollars. So the government decided that we should get a regulation of how many dollars we can spend in WHOLE year. At first, back in the 2000 they let you spend like 3000 $. But now we can only spend 300$. But that's no the bullsh!t, the truly bullsh!t is that my money accounts are in a private bank. But, no, if I want to use my dollars I have to switch to a public bank and all of that process it's a waste of time. Because they said to you: "Your dollars are ready to be use" And when you try to spend it, they are BLOCK.

This whole country is full of repression. I'm planning of moving out next year.
  • LiaLia Registered Users 113 Posts
    I'm pretty sure there are no items you already own in these gift boxes. When I went to open one I only had a choice of 3 so I liked my odds. I ended up winning that grey dress with all the holes in it, love it. But yeah, I must have owned all the other things. Did anyone else find this?
    Game Centre: +Lya+
  • kkh.isabellagracekkh.isabellagrace Registered Users 108 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    I hope I have this weekend's event. I didn't have it this morning and I am still a bit worried about a false flag.

Isabella Grace I wish there were some way we could help you get to open a gift box.

Don't worry, Polka. I'm happy, what we asked for it's happening. It's such a great day.
    For me, there's only six boxes (the Halloween costumes, I guess), because the other things I already have.
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Can I just say of Vats doesn't get his Brad Pitt hair, I'm on the next thing smoke to Glu headquarters in San Fran... Lol
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
    Today, I'll try to explain "Cadivi" to you guys. If you don't get it, it's okay. Cadivi is an exchange control. Here in Venezuela, we have Bolívares, you guys have Dollars. So the government decided that we should get a regulation of how many dollars we can spend in WHOLE year. At first, back in the 2000 they let you spend like 3000 $. But now we can only spend 300$. But that's no the bullsh!t, the truly bullsh!t is that my money accounts are in a private bank. But, no, if I want to use my dollars I have to switch to a public bank and all of that process it's a waste of time. Because they said to you: "Your dollars are ready to be use" And when you try to spend it, they are BLOCK.

This whole country is full of repression. I'm planning of moving out next year.

That's awful Isabella. I'm sure there is some sound economic reason behind it but that really stinks. I'm sorry that we can't gift you K stars. I would in a heart beat. I'll see if I can atleast gift you items that cost K stars.
    Holly
    I play on iOS