Weekend Event 7/24/2015 - 5 Months to Christmas - Woo Hoo!

Comments

• LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Lia wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there are no items you already own in these gift boxes. When I went to open one I only had a choice of 3 so I liked my odds. I ended up winning that grey dress with all the holes in it, love it. But yeah, I must have owned all the other things. Did anyone else find this?

Yes, exactly. My girl game only had a few boxes available, but my underprivileged guy game had many more boxes show up. That's what had me so pleased; it seemed perfectly tailored to my games.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Can I just say of Vats doesn't get his Brad Pitt hair, I'm on the next thing smoke to Glu headquarters in San Fran... Lol

You may want to get ready, then-- it's not one of the options in the men's boxes. I'm a little scared to hear Vats check in...

• HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    gurl do it! You only live once. Unless of course you believe in reincarnation lol but in any case, the next life might not provide amazeballz event items for ur doll to wear.

I know now money's tight but this is one impulse shopping trip you will not regret, I swear!

Oh I am DEFINITELY shopping at this sale but I'm trying to wait an hour until I get home. I'm sitting in a waiting room at the car dealership so I would LOVE to be on KKH but I'm trying to be good.... I think I'm going to fail if they take much longer with my car.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • kkh.isabellagracekkh.isabellagrace Registered Users 108 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    That's awful Isabella. I'm sure there is some sound economic reason behind it but that really stinks. I'm sorry that we can't gift you K stars. I would in a heart beat. I'll see if I can atleast gift you items that cost K stars.

Don't do that guys. I don't want to cause pity.

I have a method to get K stars, I use things like free my apps and then claim my itunes gift cards. It's all good, seriously. But thank you so much, Holly. You are an angel.
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Wow! Way to go Glu! All of this stuff is worth way more than 60 K-Stars and with a guaranteed chance of getting something each time there's really no way to lose. I'm so tempted to buy the $99 k-star pack and just keep opening boxes. Here's what I got in my first one:
    image_zpsm9hd7sdv.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's from a VIP event and would have costed 600 K-Stars but I got it for 60! :)
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    I was surprised by the sale! Seems like Glu is doing some of the things we have asked for. I had like 96 k stars on Jesse's acct so I bought a box and got the pirate top from Halloween. Pretty cool since I wasn't playing then. I only have 57 on my main acct hmmm decisions decisions. Saving for a VIP weekend but maybe one 4.99 pack to open one box won't hurt?

I'll post a pic of Jesse as a swashbuckler when I'm not feeling so lazy ;) currently recovering from strep throat ughh. I'm feeling better but super tired. Happy almost weekend everyone!

& happy birthday to nebula!!
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    So these two are apparently going to have an interesting evening. I got the pirate hat and hair for him too, but didn't feel like using it right now.
    image.jpg1_zpsuwtaa7ds.jpg

I was avoiding even opening my game (because I have no self control) but knew I had that stupid Jonathan clothing gig going on. I opened it with 32 seconds left!!! Thankfully I was close so I tapped frantically and beat the clock.

I then came right here to tell yall so that I wouldn't buy K stars.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Yay Vats on your prize. Congrats. I was not so lucky. 60 stars for a hideos red heart candy ring. You know one of those gimicky things good only to push you along faster in the event? Yah. That was mine. So disappointed they had to put gag gifts in the box. 60 Stars is not a gag.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Purpleprince90Purpleprince90 Registered Users 45 Posts
    I already bought a 15 dollar itunes card, but it's so tempting to buy another one! Can't decide wether it's worth it or not
  • FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    I hope there's a event besides this offer.
    I already bought a 15 dollar itunes card, but it's so tempting to buy another one! Can't decide wether it's worth it or not

Do it! This is the day to spend money like no tomorrow. Hahaha
    Eselletea wrote: »
    I was surprised by the sale! Seems like Glu is doing some of the things we have asked for. I had like 96 k stars on Jesse's acct so I bought a box and got the pirate top from Halloween. Pretty cool since I wasn't playing then. I only have 57 on my main acct hmmm decisions decisions. Saving for a VIP weekend but maybe one 4.99 pack to open one box won't hurt?

I'll post a pic of Jesse as a swashbuckler when I'm not feeling so lazy ;) currently recovering from strep throat ughh. I'm feeling better but super tired. Happy almost weekend everyone!

& happy birthday to nebula!!

Oh, Eselle, we're jinxed, now! Rest well.

Yay Vats on your prize. Congrats. I was not so lucky. 60 stars for a hideos red heart candy ring. You know one of those gimicky things good only to push you along faster in the event? Yah. That was mine. So disappointed they had to put gag gifts in the box. 60 Stars is not a gag.

Yes, Koko, I got that ring, too. But I also got a bunch of stuff that I'm pleased with, so I'm not letting it get me down. Hope you cheer up soon.

I saw your pm, and have no good answer for you.

Feel better soon!

• ChristyKayChristyKay Registered Users 73 Posts
    Since the throwback goes on until tomorrow, I wanna wait in case a VIP weekend event starts before buying a box. But ahh it's so hard to wait!!
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I got the original 2 items I requested in Vats top 10 items thread!

PhotoGrid_1437689782631_zpst3ysetv0.jpg

Awsome job Glu :)

hand-clapping-smiley-emoticon_zpslnpjf9ny.gif
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Today, I'll try to explain "Cadivi" to you guys. If you don't get it, it's okay. Cadivi is an exchange control. Here in Venezuela, we have Bolívares, you guys have Dollars. So the government decided that we should get a regulation of how many dollars we can spend in WHOLE year. At first, back in the 2000 they let you spend like 3000 $. But now we can only spend 300$. But that's no the bullsh!t, the truly bullsh!t is that my money accounts are in a private bank. But, no, if I want to use my dollars I have to switch to a public bank and all of that process it's a waste of time. Because they said to you: "Your dollars are ready to be use" And when you try to spend it, they are BLOCK.

This whole country is full of repression. I'm planning of moving out next year.
    Off topic but Venezuela is a beautiful country with rich natural resources. I don't know much about its politics but your country is known for having the most Miss Universe winners of all time. Every year the announcer always says "Venezuela!!!!"
    my favorite winner of all time is Dayana Mendoza. I wish my doll looked like her.
    GC: Zoë Strange
    ChristyKay wrote: »
    Since the throwback goes on until tomorrow, I wanna wait in case a VIP weekend event starts before buying a box. But ahh it's so hard to wait!!

Hmm, you know I had the timing all wrong in my head, but you're totally right-- maybe this will be a party weekend, then. It seems too generous of them to let this orgy of spending dovetail with a VIP event.

Maybe parties, then? It'd be nice to give my poor wallet a chance to breathe.

I hope it works out for you, so that you get credit for both!

ChristyKay wrote: »

That's smart...wish that's what I would have done :( my impulse control is none existent...

Andriod player
  • Purpleprince90Purpleprince90 Registered Users 45 Posts
    Do it! This is the day to spend money like no tomorrow. Hahaha
    Haha yes totally! I think I'm going to wait as well until tomorrow in case it's a VIP event, but I'm definitely buying another card
  • ChristyKayChristyKay Registered Users 73 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Hmm, you know I had the timing all wrong in my head, but you're totally right-- maybe this will be a party weekend, then. It seems too generous of them to let this orgy of spending dovetail with a VIP event.

Maybe parties, then? It'd be nice to give my poor wallet a chance to breathe.

I hope it works out for you, so that you get credit for both!

Yeah it's almost hard to believe they would do them the same weekend.. but I hope it is a VIP weekend because I've been saving K stars for all kinds of stuff but I don't want to spend them yet because almost every time that happens a VIP event sneaks up on me and I have no K stars left.
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    Off topic but Venezuela is a beautiful country with rich natural resources. I don't know much about its politics but your country is known for having the most Miss Universe winners of all time. Every year the announcer always says "Venezuela!!!!"
    my favorite winner of all time is Dayana Mendoza. I wish my doll looked like her.

It is. Actually my dads are from Europe and they move here in the earlys 80's because they felt in love with the country. And even know it's beautiful. I can't live, I love my country but the politicians are ruin this country. Anyways, stop with this topic.

And your doll do look like Dayana Mendoza. She's my favorite too and now she's having a baby. She looks amazing. Do you also know Stefania Fernandez? She was also a Miss Universe and she went to my university while I was studying there. I was such a fan girl moment for me.

I agree. To increase the price of gift boxes by 50% and then offer a trinket... Not nice. But I'm still excited to get my chance.

What did Vat win?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Omg what did I miss. So coooooooooool, is everything an option? Like is the Christmas hair in it?

But, I'll be a patient little girl and wait to see if its a VIP event. 11 hours wouldn't hurt right.
    PM to add
    I'm about to go spend $55000 on a jersey shore condo to stop myself from buying K stars.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    I wonder if I should wait to see if it's a VIP event before opening a box? So tempting...
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    It is. Actually my dads are from Europe and they move here in the earlys 80's because they felt in love with the country. And even know it's beautiful. I can't live, I love my country but the politicians are ruin this country. Anyways, stop with this topic.

And your doll do look like Dayana Mendoza. She's my favorite too and now she's having a baby. She looks amazing. Do you also know Stefania Fernandez? She was also a Miss Universe and she went to my university while I was studying there. I was such a fan girl moment for me.
    oh yes I do. I love Stefania! I knew she'd win, too. My sentimental fave are Monica Spears & Eva Ekvall. What happen to them both is tragic it makes me wanna cry. I'm also an avid pageant fan & regularly post in pageant forums. But yeah...

on topic:
    i hope & pray there will be a way for you to get funds to purchase Kstars. You totally deserve it, girl.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • MarshybeansMarshybeans Registered Users 33 Posts
    Can anybody post screenshots of the boxes? I'm tempted but I'm not sure...
    Stumbled across these

PhotoGrid_1437691449213_zpsjbnkibjy.jpg

PhotoGrid_1437691371627_zpsw7wenbbl.jpg

Andriod player
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I'm hitting the grocery store bright and early. I'm not going to let one bad prize for 60Stars deter me. Yes DMV. I saw the green boa and got the red carp Candy ring
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary