Any Tips or Strategy to win VIP Evens

Brandon Lee SantosBrandon Lee Santos Registered Users 44 Posts
I need help in winning all the events of the weekend VIP events, I always fail to get all the items and almost every time I don't get the thing I really want in the gift boxes, does anybody have any tip or strategy they can tell me on how to win all the event items. In this week's event I only got 330/600 stars and didn't get the dress but I got the hair and lips and picked the wrong gift box and lost the eyes, I was so ****ed when I picked the gift box below the one that had the eyes. Would be eternally grateful for the help. Thanks

Comments

• Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    I need help in winning all the events of the weekend VIP events, I always fail to get all the items and almost every time I don't get the thing I really want in the gift boxes, does anybody have any tip or strategy they can tell me on how to win all the event items. In this week's event I only got 330/600 stars and didn't get the dress but I got the hair and lips and picked the wrong gift box and lost the eyes, I was so ****ed when I picked the gift box below the one that had the eyes. Would be eternally grateful for the help. Thanks
    Well for me usually with the gift boxes I sometimes wait for someone to post a picture of them finishing the gift boxes so I can see where an exclusive item is located and then I stick when my instincts to see which ones best. If it's a gig event ALWAYS do 3hr gigs not only is it easy to finish but you get a fair amount of event points. I really wouldn't suggest using 40k-stars to open a gift box unless you want to. But it really isn't worth it, after all you win you lose. Hope this helps!
  • nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    There's technically no way of knowing where your desired item is going to be. Just whatever your gut tells you. As for completing events on time:

-Without winning an event item it's going to be double the work because of the extra bonuses event items give you. For this, stick to 8h gigs to get the most points as possible. Then right after you have ran out of energy, go around the world tapping on things until you're completely refilled with bolts. Do this until you're done with the gig and right after that go again and tap on stuff until your energy's full again to complete another gig right away. Rinse and repeat.

-If you do win an event item, you can do 3h gigs. Do the same thing with tapping on stuff and refilling your energy until you're full again.

-Now this isn't really recommendable but you could always wait until the very beginning of the event [which in my case starts at 4AM], start an 8h gig and then wake up to complete it.

-Finally, leave the event quests until the end because it gets harder to get points as you progress.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • Latest Entertainment NewsLatest Entertainment News Registered Users 2 Posts
    You should make proper planning before starting of event. You can practise short event in own house. Carefully watch every movement of other competitor.
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    If u have a choice... Never do 8hr events. In the amount of time and energy it takes to complete one 8hr event you could have done two 3hr event.

8hr gigs normally pay out 18 event stars
    3hr gigs normally pay out 12 event stars

2 x 3hr = 24 event stars

The biggest hurdle IMO is going for the last item bcuz u need 300 stars to get. Get the 1st two earned event items as quick as possible, bcuz you'll get bonus stars during gigs even if you don't have a gift box item.

Oh, BTW... "VIP" events u spend 500 K Stars only... No strategy needed :)
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • DaphyDaphy Registered Users 133 Posts
    Don't go to work, don't go to sleep. Hide ya wife, hide ya kids
  • haylohaylo Registered Users 19 Posts
    I'm afraid to post my strategies because from what I've seen and read on the board, glu read the board as well and then makes things harder.
    haylo wrote: »
    I'm afraid to post my strategies because from what I've seen and read on the board, glu read the board as well and then makes things harder.

You're absolutely correct. It appears they've already switched up a few things for this event. I'll be able to assess the changes more as the weekend event progresses.

Andriod player
  • beefcakesbeefcakes Registered Users 25 Posts
    I like to always have a few of the in-game story gigs queued up. They're usually 8 hours so there isn't too much risk to this strategy. I start maybe 3 or 4 of them all at once and just stick to using the bonus you get for inviting a professional to a gig. Then I come back every hour and play (because that's when the bonus comes back). Just make sure you invite different characters to the different gigs, otherwise this won't work.
    beefcakes wrote: »
    I like to always have a few of the in-game story gigs queued up. They're usually 8 hours so there isn't too much risk to this strategy. I start maybe 3 or 4 of them all at once and just stick to using the bonus you get for inviting a professional to a gig. Then I come back every hour and play (because that's when the bonus comes back). Just make sure you invite different characters to the different gigs, otherwise this won't work.

When parties first started, players could use a similar strategy. We could throw multiple parties in different houses at one time, but Glu fixed that.

Also, I think this one of the reasons why Glu eliminated the teasers, bcuz players can prep their games.

Out of curiosity... What if it's a dating or party event weekend? Does starting multiple gigs put u way behind or do u just say screw it, start throwing parties or dating and lose fans from not completing gigs?

Andriod player
  • hkayteehkaytee Registered Users 116 Posts
    For every weekend event I try to stay up and wait for it to start which is at 4 am my time. I normally start a gig and hope it's a gig weekend so I would start the gig from say around 11 pm and then at 4 I would finish it and get event stars.

The weekend event usually has a storyline and a couple of gigs associated with it and a time on them just like the time we have to get the items for that weekend. The first gig will usually start 12 hours later (around 4 pm) Now I would wait it out and see if anyone on the forum has done the gig and if they got bonus event stars because 3 hour gigs would give you 22 and an 8 hour gig gives 30 (this is just for the storyline gigs for that particular weekend) Otherwise I won't ever do them because that's a waste of energy

Those stars contribute a lot but I typically ensure Simon calls me with 3 hour gigs and keep myself busy. My other game has a lot of 8 hour gigs and I just try to do those as quickly as I can using tapables all over the world

Also ! Pace yourself. For me I ensure that I get the giftbox and the 1st item before Saturday and I try to get the second item and get started on the last one before Sunday

It's really a lot of hard work. Weekend events never used to be so stressful and it's a lot of commitment for one game lol kinda crazy but I hope this helps
    Add me GC: AychKT && yakanaTee :)
  • beefcakesbeefcakes Registered Users 25 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    When parties first started, players could use a similar strategy. We could throw multiple parties in different houses at one time, but Glu fixed that.

Also, I think this one of the reasons why Glu eliminated the teasers, bcuz players can prep their games.

Out of curiosity... What if it's a dating or party event weekend? Does starting multiple gigs put u way behind or do u just say screw it, start throwing parties or dating and lose fans from not completing gigs?

I just deal with losing fans because I think getting an exclusive item is a bigger priority. Besides you get a lot of fans with parties and for dating you get fans when you move up the couples list.

The only thing with the dating one is to make sure you're going on dates with different people, otherwise you won't get the bonus multiple times. And I make sure never to click the pink heart that pops up in the speech bubble on anyone but my main husband, that way you don't have to deal with the break up calls.