Options

Kindle Update

MarshybeansMarshybeans Registered Users 33 Posts
Just wondering if anyone playing the game on kindle has got the update yet.
I'm still waiting...

Comments

• Options
    TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    For Jersey Shore? Nope, haven't got mine yet either. :p

Edit: Hey! Not many of us kindle players! :cool:
    Add me please? My info is in my signature.
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
  • Options
    I got the update this morning but it seems to take 10 - 14 seconds to change to a new location all of a sudden?
    Very slow.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I know nothing about kindle, but can you clear cache or anything? I am sure you shut down and reopened. Is it still lagging like that?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Still no update for me yet.
  • Options
    Yep, restarted my kindle a few times and shut down the app. Still about 14 seconds, only about 7 - 10 on the countries one though.
    Sorry to hear that Twiz!
  • Options
    So I haven't been having problems, but the Throwback Sale isn't showing up for me. I don't even know if that's even an actual issue or not. But figured I would add to the post. I haven't received the update yet, so idk if that is why. I got last weekend's event fine. My device isn't rooted, whatever that is, I play by all the rules, and I have no mods or hacks or anything. I have NOT contacted customer service.

Idk what my platform/OS is I want to just say Kindle ??
    Device: Kindle Fire HDX 8.9
    Female
    Lvl 16

Edit: just thought I should note, I DO have a Nene photo shoot in my quest Q to do right now.
  • Options
    What Kindle do you play on Marshy? Wonder why I haven't updated yet. On your issue, I've seen other's posting about the same problem. Maybe I shouldn't be so anxious to get it lol!

Did you see that I asked you to add me on Facebook Marshy? Not many of us Kindle players here. My info is in my signature if you want to add me. I can gift a little bit here and there.
  • Options
    Kindle Fire HD, I think! Not 100% on that though. The update isn't crazy good tbh. Especially with the lag and I'm glad it's not just a me thing! Hopefully it will get sorted.

Sorry I'll add you now. I've never played with GC people before.
  • Options
    So I haven't been having problems, but the Throwback Sale isn't showing up for me. I don't even know if that's even an actual issue or not. But figured I would add to the post. I haven't received the update yet, so idk if that is why. I got last weekend's event fine. My device isn't rooted, whatever that is, I play by all the rules, and I have no mods or hacks or anything. I have NOT contacted customer service.

Idk what my platform/OS is I want to just say Kindle ??
    Device: Kindle Fire HDX 8.9
    Female
    Lvl 16

Edit: just thought I should note, I DO have a Nene photo shoot in my quest Q to do right now.

Hi Twiztidrose, I moved your post here to the Kindle thread. I have to ask you to Please not post in Specific Issue threads or Glitch threads, unless you're having that issue. You'll see it's a glitch thread usually if I started it, and the first post leaves specific instructions for Platform/OS/Device/Level and Brief Description. the majority of the following posts will be people leaving just the items in purple, but I do appreciate you're clearly stating the issue wasn't affecting you.

If you need to start a new thread, that's fine. Just bear that in mind for next time.

Now, can some other Kindle players chime in and tell us if you got the update, (which update you got San Francisco? Atlantic City?) and did you get the Throwback Sale. (60Star Gift boxes containing old event gift box items, old items, everything from Candy Rings and green boas to actual good gifts.
    Does Kindle always get the Special Gift Boxes on the weekends? I know nothing about Kindle, so you guys have to try and help each other. A last resort is of course, contacting customer care.
    Which I could help more, If I come up with anything I'll let you know.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I've got the current update with New Jersey and I have the throwback sale and event up atm.
    I get special boxes. I'm a lurker on the board and I can't say I've noticed anything that iOS players get that I haven't just the lagging atm with the new update.

EDIT: Does anyone struggle to get any of the KStars from the offers they do? I never get video offers and the other games are answer surveys (which I always get bumped from) and play a game which never seem to work either. Very frustrating!
  • Options
    Thank you so much MarshyBeans. Awesome info. As far as the lag, I don't notice it in my iOS game, and I don't notice it in my new Samsung Tablet. But My year 1/2 old Samsung phone just started that lag. I am going to wait and see if it disappears with the next little fix or update.

(Other offer KStars are a big waste of time. My phone can't get videos so I can't get stars there. Have you removed the ads by making a purchase of stars in the StarShop? Even the small package gives you a nice chunk of Stars to play with and with the ads gone, it creates a whole new experience in the game. My old Tablet was dying, so I bought stars because ads crashed it. I wanted to keep the tab game till Christmas and my new tab. I loved the difference by smooth transitions without "play this game, use this app" ads interupting my game. I immediately went out and bought stars for the other two games that were on a brand new iPad and a 6 month old phone. But the offers? ehhh. Too much trouble. (that's what my BFs used to say about me!) Anyway thanks for this info, and it was nice meeting you.
    โš˜
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Twiztidrose, Have you still not gotten the update? It can all depend on your connection, if you're not on a good strong wifi signal it won't download. My fingers are crossed, I'll check back later. Any other Kindle players? Thanks for helping? :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Twizridrose, I'm pretty sure your issue is a case of not getting the update. Not being locked out the Weekend Event because your game was accidentally flagged as playing with the hack. Did you read the post directly above this one?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Sadly I am not getting the event that's going on right now. I got last weekend's event just fine, so idk what the issue is all the sudden. No biggie really I guess, I just hope it doesn't continue. I'll just wait it out right now and see. If it continues, then I will submit a ticket.

Marshy, did you get the Throwback Sale on your Kindle? Are you getting the event? I'm wondering if I'm not getting the event because I haven't got the update yet....

Edit: I didn't read your last post kokokokonut before I posted this lolz!
  • Options
    Twiztidrose, Have you still not gotten the update? It can all depend on your connection, if you're not on a good strong wifi signal it won't download. My fingers are crossed, I'll check back later. Any other Kindle players? Thanks for helping? :)

I was an excellent signal hun. And I checked last night. There isn't an update available.
  • Options
    Lol so now I've gone back and read all the posts I didn't realize were there. The questions I asked were already answered. So thanks haha. Well hopefully I'll get the update soon then. Crossing my fingers!! =)
    Thanks Marshy and Koko!! <33
  • Options
    I've got the throwback sale (not that I can afford anything :( ) and the event.
    Usually I have to manually update but this time it didn't and auto did it, fingers crossed you get the update soon!
    Thanks Koko, I'll keep an eye out on the lagging in the next update!
  • Options
    Mine usually auto updates. But I checked last night, and there isn't any updates available so idk. My last update was on 6-27 to 3.1.1 and that was the San Fran update.
  • Options
    ok, for my games I go to my app store. I can't imagine it would be different for Kindle. Have you checked the very informative pages at the Game's Help pages https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/ It reads like a "how to" and wiki all in one.

Try Toubleshooting and see if it says anything about Not Updating? (I'll go to, but I refer to this all the time. Everyone should bookmark it. Imo ;) )
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Yup, I know how to check for the updates ;) . It's really not any different for Kindle. We also go to the store.

And guess what?? I've been shutting down my Kindle every once in awhile, hoping that it would finally catch the update. It finally did!! Just updated! And yes, I now have the event. So the issue was just not having the update yet. Thanks kokokokonut!! <33

Edit: Gah! I've also got the Throwback Sale. I'm sooo tempted! But 60 flippin stars? Are they mad?!
  • Options
    If you're watching stars consider 2 aspects, then I have to go play. In the throwback...they are all item prizes. No 4000$ (most hated box ever) but they do have candy rings (I got that for 60Stars AAAAARGH when the event was happening, I was so happy to avoid getting the blasted thing) but they also have gowns and shoes and things. Or, you do the 40Star Gift Boxes, and run the risk of walking away disappointed when you get money.
    This morning I was crying in my cheerios. then I went back tried the 40Star boxes again, ok, better. Then I just did 2 more, I had to have a feeling about the 2...OMG I got the sunglasses for a 2nd doll, and I got the long sleeved drink party (think rooster- Tail) dress in black with a lace bodice and sleeves. oh so elegant. lol. ) glad you're up to speed Twiztid. Now go play. (Do you mind if I call you Twiztid? Or Rose? I feell we've been through so much. lol).
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    If you're watching stars consider 2 aspects, then I have to go play. In the throwback...they are all item prizes. No 4000$ (most hated box ever) but they do have candy rings (I got that for 60Stars AAAAARGH when the event was happening, I was so happy to avoid getting the blasted thing) but they also have gowns and shoes and things. Or, you do the 40Star Gift Boxes, and run the risk of walking away disappointed when you get money.
    This morning I was crying in my cheerios. then I went back tried the 40Star boxes again, ok, better. Then I just did 2 more, I had to have a feeling about the 2...OMG I got the sunglasses for a 2nd doll, and I got the long sleeved drink party (think rooster- Tail) dress in black with a lace bodice and sleeves. oh so elegant. lol. ) glad you're up to speed Twiztid. Now go play. (Do you mind if I call you Twiztid? Or Rose? I feell we've been through so much. lol).

Rose is good hun (and of course I don't mind!). Any game/gamertag of mine has Rose in it somehow lol. My doll's name is Jenna Rose.

Yeah, I just passed on the Throwback Sale. I'm just waiting to save the stars I have left for the outfits I know I have coming up as I lvl up. I'm lvl 17 (almost 18) now. Got I think 237 stars left atm. The 40star boxes are calling to me tho LOL! I just keep ignoring them!!! Must.... resist.... the.... urge.....!!!!!