Back to Kustomization!

VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
You asked for a fashion thread so here we are!

Today you are all successful stars with millions of fans, with many accumulated gigs and wearing the most fantastic clothes worthy of a Kardashian, but it wasn't always like that!

Do you remember the first clothes / hair / accessory / makeup / facial features that you wore in kustomization screen?

If possible comment on why the choices and what you have changed along the way.

Let's revive the humblest times without having to restart the game!

HPkcms1.jpg?1

This was the first look of Vats I did him according to the way I look, I love green so it made sense to combine the top and shoes, that long hair was what definitely held me to keep playing. My hair was darker last year so I chose the golden blond at first and I used dark brown eyes the first few weeks until I find out that there was a brown color, duh!

Don't forget to use the red carpet as photobooth.
Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
Prev1

Comments

• xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    See Vats you always bring it with the original fashion threads!

image_zpsp7blzltl.jpg

This is my game restart - my girl is supposed to look like me too (but doesn't really :D). I went for the simple bun because I knew I would change it to the ombré hair when I could restore my purchases. It never occurred to me to change the clothes! I guess I thought was good to go, after all is just a regular day straightening shirts in So Chic - no-one to impress right? (;))
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    This is what my doll looked like her first time around,simple yet classy.
    image.jpg1_zpseagupygb.jpg
    This is a great idea for a fashion thread, maybe I'll find a twin XD
  • zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    I don't remember at all. It was somewhat like Lucy's I think. I just breezed past the screens because I read an article about the app and how it was making so much money. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about...
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Thank you for the compliments and for posting your looks girls!

Lucy you already revived that ordinary day few times isn't it? Where is J? Don't hear anything from him a weeks!

Danielle what a transformation! I didn't recognize you without the red hair!

zitrone your story is like mine, I read the article on the revenue that the game would have and that everyone was downloading the app. I couldn't stay out and downloaded too, but never imagined that a year later I'd still be playing!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Lgordon19Lgordon19 Registered Users 107 Posts
    Forgive me Vats, we aren't on the red carpet here, but it's kinda funny that I found this really old pic from the first time that I encountered Luz. We went on a few dates, and I wasn't sure if she liked me or was hoping to eat me. Then she disappeared for awhile, and when she returned, she didn't have those fangs anymore. We were just friends for awhile, until she got all excited about wanting a baby.
    image.jpg1_zpssd73mmbz.jpg

We've both had a bit of work done...
    image.jpg1_zpsbayo0tlg.jpg
    Stellan Eklund on GC: lgordon19
    Add me!
  • MauveyMauvey Registered Users 157 Posts
    Oh how Ramona has changed! This was back when she was Cecilia. Come to think of it I do have a throwback picture of her in the B list.

image_zpsbtl11wcp.jpg~original
  • mrsarchuleta89mrsarchuleta89 Registered Users 81 Posts
    Love this idea! I forgot to take my nose ring and wedding ring off though lol. Geez my doll's gotten a lot of work done :'D

28vyh1.jpg
  • Lgordon19Lgordon19 Registered Users 107 Posts
    Mauvey wrote: »
    Oh how Ramona has changed! This was back when she was Cecilia. Come to think of it I do have a throwback picture of her in the B list.

image_zpsbtl11wcp.jpg~original

I remember Cecilia-- she was one of my first regular partners for the date events! That's so funny. What a trip down memory lane!
    Stellan Eklund on GC: lgordon19
    Add me!
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Another great fashion thread Vats :)

PhotoGrid_1438120011430_zpsv7t9ikpc.jpg

I chose this brown hair bcuz I dyed my own hair this same color for many years (I have naturally black hair or 1B if any ladies have ever purchased hair lol). My family and friends call me "pale" and "high yellow ", but I see myself as golden brown so that's why I chose tan. I secretly wish I was a milkly deep chocolate color like Tyson Beckford or Tyrese.

Anyhoo, I've always been a very matchy-matchy person so I tried to coordinate colors and not mix metals (yes I know I put way to much thought in my dolls outfits).

I switched to pink hair bcuz I found a baby picture of me wearing my older sisters pink wig and it made me smile.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Before I was famous....

4grQcsU.png

That is, for the love of black & white! I was depressed by the fact that there no watches in beginning.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    I switched to pink hair bcuz I found a baby picture of me wearing my older sisters pink wig and it made me smile.
    Aww, that's so cute XD ! I naturally have brown hair but I dyed it auburn. So it's like a darkish red.
    Charli wrote: »
    Before I was famous....

4grQcsU.png

That is, for the love of black & white! I was depressed by the fact that there no watches in beginning.

OMG does anyone remember to **** landlord and having to come up with rent? I think it was like $750 and I remember thinking how can I possibly make that much money... Lol

Once we paid then we had to buy the house in Miami. The good old days :)

Andriod player
    I remember that! But in the game I have today I NEVER went into the downtown house. Never had to pay rent, I guess you live and you learn :P
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    OMG does anyone remember to **** landlord and having to come up with rent? I think it was like $750 and I remember thinking how can I possibly make that much money... Lol

Once we paid then we had to buy the house in Miami. The good old days :)

Yep and I didn't have the money. Neither to buy So Chic in time xD I had to face them again after restart, so I was prepared :p
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    Oh so many posts to comment!

Stellan / Luz was there one single time that I haven't forgiven you?

Mauvey and mrsarchuleta looking at you I only testify how Hollywood changes people!

DMV I loved learn the story behind your choices, lovely!

Charli can you see how you evolved? Now you ignore the watches from the weekend event !

I restarted the game a few times in my first week, then in my current game I didn't enter the apartment while I hadn't k$ to pay that smelly landlord!

But after a year I'm still unhappy at being forced to pay 1 k-star to Luther!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I don't know if this was the very first look I put my doll in but it's definitely what I was doing in my early days on KKH.

I love red hair. Always have. In real life, I'm a dirty blonde and I've never even dyed my hair red because it just wouldn't work with my skin. My Mom used to dye her hair a rich auburn that I loved. So, of course I used red hair on my doll.

I used to wear my hair in loose ringlets and I wish that the style would come back (except now I'm too old for it. lol).

c3S9gI7.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    I changing my doll back to her normal A List attire and I'm realizing...I put in waaaayyy more effort and thought into what my doll wears than what I wear in RL. What has this game done to me???? Hahahahahaha I'm such a lame-o

One day I'll get a life... I think lol :)

Andriod player
  • Vinn4311Vinn4311 Registered Users 54 Posts
    This was when I first move to LA from Atlanta to hope to be a star. Who would have known three months in town I will run into KK. I guess this was written in the sky's for me to show the world how dreams do come true.

image.jpg1_zpsdeggjm6c.jpg
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Great thread Vats. Everyone seems to have just become more sophisticated versions of their original selves. Ah, the carefree days when we had, what....24 max Energy?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I changing my doll back to her normal A List attire and I'm realizing...I put in waaaayyy more effort and thought into what my doll wears than what I wear in RL. What has this game done to me???? Hahahahahaha I'm such a lame-o

One day I'll get a life... I think lol :)

I'm the same way!!! I spend a lot more time on my Doll's wardrobe than on my own.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Aw I love everyone's original looks! I agree with Koko, I think you're all more polished versions of yourselves. :)

I think this was my first look! Imgur changed stuff so these pics may be huge, sorry!

pRrP3Hg.jpg

& today! Wow, nose job and lip injections anyone? :p

dTcNK3Q.jpg
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • pandamoo85pandamoo85 Registered Users 107 Posts
    Star has had a bit of work done since the beginning xD I decided that I didn't like the round face as much and she's gone through multiple hair and eye color changes over the last year but im back to where i started on those

tumblr_ns8dfmrf9m1stdtuko1_540.png
    My avi's name is Star -- she shows up as Starfaise for GC contacts. :o
    Holly once I dyed my hair red, I became a ghost!

DMV sometimes I feel I don't have a life because I lose a lot of time getting dressed or doing my hair, I believe the secret is just relax and go live the experiences that life offers!

Vinn you were smart moving out from Atlanta I heard that there is infested with zombies :p

Thanks Koko, I believe were about 12, hard times! Where are your dolls?

Eselle who knew you would go from Gothic princess to human Barbie, which surgery next? I want to see Jesse as well.

Panda is another case of girl next door going wild!

Great posts guys!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Bee7Bee7 Registered Users 88 Posts
    My doll now...
    photo%202_zpshqbedjij.jpg
    And my doll when she first started out.. minus the necklace, I forgot to remove that.
    She was a fan of the braid for a long time. And always black hair! She is also waay more pale here. After all she had just moved to LA!
    photo%201_zpstve2stdk.jpg
    GC: BaiBeeM

G+ : BaileyM
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Oh lawd. When I first started I thought I looked the bomb. Simon saw potential in me & so he introduced me to Maria. Maria gave me a reality check & said I looked a hot mess. She gave me the number of a stylist, a makeup artist, an esthetician, and a top notch plastic surgeon that does all the A Listers in Hollyweird.

So... I got rhinoplasty, my hurr did, collagen fillers on my lips, liposuction on my neck & cheeks, and he gave me new eyes. My makeup artist & I worked on a signature look for me which was dark wine eye makeup & grey kohl liner. Lips were always a semi-matte nude shade since she didn't want me going all cray with my new inflated kissers. She also took me to task about wearing green contacts. She wanted me to just accept my brown eyes no matter what. "Less is more, learn to accept yourself" she always said. How ironic that my makeup was "natural" yet my face is 100% surgically altered. Welcome to Hollywood!

My wardrobe stylist suggest I emphasize my naturally tawny skin with self tanner with a gold sheen. He also said I should stick to nude, or neutral colors because it brings the focus to my face. Plus... It looks like I'm naked from afar & that always gets the paparazzi's attention.

Jewelry however, had to be blingy. Lots of gold, gold shoes, gold errthang. My signature jewelry is my hoops. To quote my mentor, Khloé Kardashian, "The bigger the hoops, the bigger the heaux."

i concur.

8xjxts.jpg
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    An yes shame on me for forgetting Jesse! Here he is, fresh-faced in Hollywood.

gtVeXIy.jpg

& today...he decided to go with ink modification instead of all the plastic surgery like his wifey. And a hair stylist for that mop. ;)

yw8YVDt.jpg
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    Well Bree while you remained true to yourself ...

Zoye serious you're the best! If there was a prize for best story you would be always the winner!

Thank you for sharing all the charm of Jesse with us Eselle!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Well Bree while you remained true to yourself ...

Zoye serious you're the best! If there was a prize for best story you would be always the winner!

Thank you for sharing all the charm of Jesse with us Eselle!

aaaw... Thanx, Vats! *hugz*

ble83.gif
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    This was me in the olden days. Back then I was working full time in retail for some azz hole manager and my landlord was threatening to evict me because I couldn't afford to pay rent for my downtown apartment. Life was tough on the mean streets of LA.

CLJxOoAVAAArZ_n.jpg

Then I became a fabulous swan, and it's all because some reality tv star took pity on me and thought I'd make an adorable lacky! Now I follow her around the world doing her jobs for her, and am married to a gorgeous cheapskate who never pays for anything and never helps me change a nappy. Thanks Kim!

CLJvRi4UEAAnMUJ.jpg
    Great job wolf! I like both versions!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!