Weekend Event 7/31/2015 - Think Pink~MidSummer's Nite Dream/Welcome Back babies PT2

Comments

• Lgordon19Lgordon19 Registered Users 107 Posts
    That'd be a little better, though! I'm probably confusing the event point 600 points with the VIP Kstars! 'Kay, then. No tank top for me for 500 Kstars!
    Stellan Eklund on GC: lgordon19
    Add me!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I have to be honest, not digging the guys stuff. And I kinda like the Blue dress, but to be honest again? Not a fan of the girls giftbox outfit at all. So far in giftboxes I 've got the shoes for one game, 40Stars for another, and 50 Energy for the third. No desire to buy any other giftboxes. I might buy extras from the regular giftboxes today. I'm suddenly no longer fretting about not getting out to get gift cards this weekend.

(Note to self: Stock up on coffee, benedryl and gift cards for next weekend. lol. So that means.........more time for keeping the Birthday in this Birthday Party Weekend Thread.)

Let's all wear Pink for Sassi's Birthday Celebration!
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    Lgordon19 wrote: »
    Hi Wolf. Yes, the VIP event loaded for my Luz game, and I see where people also posted the girl version of the VIP. But I don't see anywhere in this thread that a guy has posted the event window. I'm asking because KKH often doesn't offer guy equivalents, and I'm wondering if they omitted the entire male VIP event this time. It's different than your update problem, I think.

Also, I have the offer of the weekend event's gig, leading up to the new outfit from the Kardashian Kollection (which I'm doubting might actually exist for the second-class guys).

So, I still have my original question for the guys: any VIP prizes being offered?

I think I'm glitching.
    I got the call from Kim about finding her a new outfit for the Kardash collection immediately, but I didn't get any VIP event windows until I updated. Just double check that you have the most current version of the game, since updating is the only thing that made the actual VIP pop-up show up.
  • EternalLoveEternalLove Registered Users 46 Posts
    I am delighted, I bought one of the hairstyles I had been saving up to buy so I could get the free box and I was going to grind on the events to save enough stars for the event hairstyle, I bought the hair I had been saving up for to get the box, forgot I was wearing something else without buying it and accidentally spend stars thinking I hadnt paid for the hair, I was so annoyed at myself, but I got my free box, and what did I get the fab hair, on the first box I picked, cant believe it, I could only afford that box, so happy, I am never that lucky ♥ (also got the event hair due to my mistake as the outfit was something like 40 stars) so now have to grind to make some stars as am super low now

jsSi7Yzy.jpg
  • CorrerrioCorrerrio Registered Users 9 Posts
    Ugh, everything is so beautiful! I really want that blue dress, let's see how the weekend goes.
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    My "gift" boxes were depressing. Only one of the special event items and I ended up with the dreaded $4,000 kash plus two regular outfits.

OIfdNyI.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Lgordon19Lgordon19 Registered Users 107 Posts
    I got the call from Kim about finding her a new outfit for the Kardash collection immediately, but I didn't get any VIP event windows until I updated. Just double check that you have the most current version of the game, since updating is the only thing that made the actual VIP pop-up show up.

Well, like I say, everything showed up when I restarted my device, and I was already updated. But thanks for the concern.
    Stellan Eklund on GC: lgordon19
    Add me!
  • kkhlexikkhlexi Registered Users 38 Posts
    I'm probably only going to spend enough Kstars to get the box and MAYBE the hair idk. The stuff for the event is okay but not worth 500 kstars. I like the stuff in the gift boxes more but there's no way I'm getting the whole outfit.
    No cheats, no hacks. :o
    Android - message me to add me on GooglePlay
  • MauveyMauvey Registered Users 157 Posts
    I got up to the hair, and I'm stopping. I only wanted some hair anyway. I'm not sure how I feel about it. They made my head look big as if it was weave that wasn't put in right. Maybe I was expecting the other hair so much I didn't like this one as much. At least I got 40 stars in a box.

image_zps1kw7fsli.jpg~original
  • SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    Mauvey wrote: »
    I got up to the hair, and I'm stopping. I only wanted some hair anyway. I'm not sure how I feel about it. They made my head look big as if it was weave that wasn't put in right. Maybe I was expecting the other hair so much I didn't like this one as much. At least I got 40 stars in a box.

image_zps1kw7fsli.jpg~original

The hair actually looks really good on your doll.
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
    I had to open a lot of boxes to get the side ponytail but I finally found it! I love the hair but I wish it didn't cover the earring. That doesn't make any sense.

Once my doll was dressed, she wanted her picture taken with a couple of friends.

Polka Dot can put together quite an outfit.
    BWnfFDl.jpg

But Minne is giving her a run for her money.
    HabjTo3.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • SayuSayu Registered Users 90 Posts
    Happy with the new hair! Tried a Kylie insp outfit because this hair reminds me of her :-)
    KKH_Screenshot_1438350950656_zpswnjvoq4a.jpg
  • pandamoo85pandamoo85 Registered Users 107 Posts
    Ugh same. Mine had 3 energies, three cruddy normal box items, 1 cash, and the purse -.- I just wanted a chance to get the hair, ugh
    My avi's name is Star -- she shows up as Starfaise for GC contacts. :o
    My poor Doll. This new weave is so heavy that it has given her a headache.

yNgx8zE.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    ooh yay! now I can buy me the hairstyle XD just want the hair
    Everyone's looking good, I wonder what the prizes are for the boys.
    Edit
    Never mind I saw the pics
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Gurl I want that hurr! Although it does look like it needs hella deep conditioner. It looks dry & brittle. But still new weaves are always a delight!
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    This event made me conclude that on Glu just works women who hate men or nerdy guys who hasn't any fashion sense or perhaps that the Kardashians have a horrible taste in men!

There are at least two months we boys don't have a whole set of nice clothes ...

We had some nice pieces like the jackets from Baby Bash and last VIP event and of course Brad Pitt' hair, but they were all in boxes and guess what? I didn't get any of them.

To don't be unfair the items from Glam's event weren't that bad, but compared to what the girls received that weekend made everything seem miserable.

I like VIP events and I'm grateful to receive 1 k-star for each completed gig, but the recent events have things to be questioned.

I must be too dumb cause until now I didn't understand the purpose of the existence of gift boxes at this type of event, supposedly the items of the boxes serve as extra points to grind, right? What's to grind now? Probably the money of players willing to pay for poor quality items ...

Why we received gigs with a timer to complete if in the end there won't be prize or extra points? Only to consume all the energy we have and disrupt our grinding for k-stars or to fill the lack of story lines of the last update?

Glu be nice and less greedy!

Improve male items at the events and change the gift boxes system.

Speaking of boxes:

Daily boxes are cool the way they are, but...

The events boxes should always contain all the available event items and more non-bought clothes or the others that aren't available for purchase in the wardrobe. No k$ and energy, and k-stars only in amounts greater than 40, it makes no sense to pay 40 and get it back! If the player has all the items, should just appear 4 boxes with items of the event as it was in throwback.

About the throwback boxes, they also don't make sense. Why not make an actual sale where we can choose the items that we want.

We're not going to a shop, pay and receive a random item. If the person wants to complete the collection of items no matter how that person will buy everything. But for those who are interested in a few things this kind of policy isn't worth it. And you're missing this type of consumer.

Sorry for the huge and repetitive text guys, but every new weekend is the same drama!

You girls are fabulous with this new hair, I wish to have one like that for my doll too!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Ugh... Many K Stars later I figured out the gift box strategy that worked for me, and I finally got everything.

Luckily, I didn't spend as many K Stars as I originally thought bcuz I opened several 40 K Stars boxes

PhotoGrid_1438354782573_zpsccwys0bg.jpg

I have to learn not to fixate on one particular item, bcuz when I do, I can't stop until I get it :(

Edit: The hair looks super heavy and reminds me of "Cousin It" from the Adams Family Lol
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    I'm like a little girl ready to squeal :)
    I got the dress from the box pick so I'm excited I don't know when was the last time I got box outfit!!!! Eeeeek :)

Holly your doll looks fabulous as usual. I'm Kstar broke so I don't know if I want to try and get the hair, I wish the hairs would have been switched.

IMG_0291_zps7187de49.png
    GC Minne622
  • LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    DMV You're doll looks stunning in the new outfits and hair!

I got the hair and I think I'm stopping there as I have no kstars left and j can't repeat what I did two weekend ago spending an absolute fortune to get that Bob hairstyle and then failing :( treated my doll to the two piece pink outfit and got the hair. It really reminds me of drag queen hair, fabulous!

4EDB822B-C7B0-468C-A98B-257D8BE05608_zpstt9r08gp.jpg

Didn't get much luck with the gift box though but what else is new? Glu please remove the money from the gift boxes!!

DF351CC2-C131-4575-AFF9-8A8D12E8AF8F_zpszpzqhmfx.png
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
    Lyanna wrote: »
    DMV You're doll looks stunning in the new outfits and hair!

I got the hair and I think I'm stopping there as I have no kstars left and j can't repeat what I did two weekend ago spending an absolute fortune to get that Bob hairstyle and then failing :( treated my doll to the two piece pink outfit and got the hair. It really reminds me of drag queen hair, fabulous!

4EDB822B-C7B0-468C-A98B-257D8BE05608_zpstt9r08gp.jpg

Didn't get much luck with the gift box though but what else is new? Glu please remove the money from the gift boxes!!

WOW Lyanna, your doll looks absolutely stunning !!!!! PERFECTION

To VIP events in one month...Glu is going by the Big Brother motto "expect the unexpected " lol

I don't think I like the change to have exclusive items in the gift boxes during VIP weekends.

I focused more on getting the gift box items instead of buying some of the things I held off from buying, so I could buy them during the VIP event.

I did however get my new pet pig and kitty

Andriod player
    Vats I am with you 100%!!! The whole throwback thing to me seemed like the biggest scam..60k stars per box and not knowing what you get. I mean come on now, if you're going to do a tb do it right and let us choose what we want!! And the men's clothes does suck, although as usual I do like the ones in the VIP boxes. ans from the few boxes ppl have posted it seems like there was a lot of 4k in everyone's boxes!! And if it's a special box why are the daily items included on there...
    GC Minne622
    Holly you weren't suppose to tell no one about my tacky Thursday lol

IMG_0292_zps4b0ba310.jpg

I hope I've redeemed myself... And we are ready to shop!
    GC Minne622
    what's the deal with Glu and their insistence on Tiny Tim pants for the guys???
    zitrone wrote: »
    This is not my character. I got these off a FB group.

11017518_406323296223455_7935649383112653842_o.jpg

11807354_406323259556792_4893566779249867512_o.jpg

Andriod player
  • MarshybeansMarshybeans Registered Users 33 Posts
    I'm really disappointed that it was a VIP weekend, I really wanted a party event. Hopefully next week!
    I think I'll try and get the hair this week and thats it.
  • Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    Okay so I got the handbag. The hairstyle was just right under it..Yep I'm going to get 40 kstars and use the gift box for the first time ;D
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    what's the deal with Glu and their insistence on Tiny Tim pants for the guys???

Yeah, I really don't get it either. I can imagine my husbands horror if I bought him something like that...
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• natchulanatchula Registered Users 135 Posts
    So yeah, I decided to get all the items, I loved the Kylie inspired hair and the shoes, the dress not so much but I can work with it. I don't know how I pick my boxes, it's just a gut feeling and I always end up with the weekend prizes in my closet (I didn't win the dress though :( ). But the very last box that I decided to open, was a huge disappointment. Look at it! Not even a single item from the weekend event, that sure is a ripoff!

wbypef.jpg
    add me on GC; natbchula
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I'm probably being naive here, but where the weekend's quest says this thing about "finding an outfit", does that mean we're just helping to contribute an imaginary outfit to an imaginary clothing line, or that we're possibly going to win a slightly-less imaginary outfit for our dolls? I'm confused. It seems kinda unclear.

image.jpg1_zps2nwpo0lx.jpg
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

Vats & Minnie I agree with you both.

FYI Glu... Kanye d
    wore these for Halloween... Not everyday attire. Yes, LD wore them once and learned his lesson lol

There's no flooding in the game...so need for all the high water pants.

PhotoGrid_1438357684578_zpsfate7pog.jpg

I don't even have a guy in the game and I'm sick of seeing stuff like this offered

Andriod player