Weekend Event 7/31/2015 - Think Pink~MidSummer's Nite Dream/Welcome Back babies PT2

Comments

• HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Tephie88 wrote: »
    Happy weekend event!! I have a silly question..if you spend K stars during a VIP event to "charm" a contact does this count towards your K star spend for items?

It does.

However, what's the point in "charming" a contact? What does it do for you?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Wow, Lucy, I'm so sorry! And jeez, that shag hair really seems out to get you!! Beware!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

My doll is completing the first leg of the Kim quest and she decided that Kokonut should join her in the swimwear show.

Can y'all see that there's another character behind Koko's weave?

pigcsAE.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Luz, oh yeah, I've treated my doll with Ariana Grande hairstyle and some jeans, got the hair and the black swimsuit from the free giftbox, so it's all good :)
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Wow, Lucy, I'm so sorry! And jeez, that shag hair really seems out to get you!! Beware!

Thanks Luz I see that hair in event gift boxes so much it's only a matter of time! :D plus it's always that blue dress and white bag - it's obviously my dream outfit
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    So, I splurged on some things I had been wanting in my own wardrobe, for a while. I got the hair, and the sandals, and won the VIP prizes. So here is my doll in some of those things.

gQCNrJW.png

Then to try to get some more energy (I know, as much as I hate the energy being in there, I foolishly told Simon I'd do an 8 hour gig and then ran out) and also the braided hair in the 40 K star boxes, which I really wanted...

I tried 3 times, with 3 goes each, to win that hair but did not.

Here are the prize arrays for those 3 times. At least each one had a 40 K star prize in it I guess. I did win the shoes and purse.

AzGq6es.png

Ub58yLp.png

This was the only one to contain the hair but I didn't win it.

dGx6X3p.png
  • lespritdescalierlespritdescalier Registered Users 66 Posts
    man, i'm not in love with any of the vip stuff except the side braid hair. so naturally i opened four or five boxes trying to get it and failed miserably. (of the vip items, i only managed to snag the meh purse; i never saw the dress or hair in any of the revealed boxes, wahh.) i did get the heavy hair, though! thanks jersey shore cat.

and who is always looking for that princess diana ring? i managed to get it in one of my boxes. wish i could send it to you somehow, as it's lovely, but i prefer the giant rock my dear husband made me buy myself.
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    The hair is so Jersey! It does look a little large and weird sometimes. I think it looks much better paired with Jersey-style "trashier" outfits:

9YjFNUn.jpg

Someone on my GC list wore the long leopard print dress with it as well and I thought that was super cool! Very jersey-licious ;)
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    So, then I later went nuts trying to win that braided hair...

Here are the prize arrays and my doll modeling some of the prizes. These are all 40 K star prize arrays. Still no braided hair.

This prize array was kind of a zonker. (Aren't those shoes only worth 10 K-stars?)

posQWdG.png

Winning the baseball skirt suit and a purple shorts outfit. And some K-cash.

hPwAD3v.png

Modeling the baseball skirt suit.

3u6Sebd.png

Modeling the purple shorts outfit.

Those high heels were also a prize, and I had bought the hair to qualify for the VIP prizes.

0PkwLhR.png
    More tries...still no braided hair...

Winning a red jumpsuit.

FaXgSlo.png

Her eyes are shut because the color is so bright ;)

The shoes came with the jumpsuit.

vaF7Loe.png

Winning the red bikini outfit. (Again, red!)

3NdoJT1.png

Modeling the red bikini outfit.

nXQEfeU.png

And I will probably call it a day at that...Maybe I will win the braided hair in another throwback event some day :/

and who is always looking for that princess diana ring? i managed to get it in one of my boxes. wish i could send it to you somehow, as it's lovely, but i prefer the giant rock my dear husband made me buy myself.

Me, and thanks; I feel the same way about all my extra purchase credits...I wish all those 40 K star tries could be sent to someone as credit in their VIP prize total...know what I mean? I spent more on those than I needed to qualify for the VIP prizes and wish it could've helped someone else win their VIPs.

Thanks for thinking of me though, if you meant me.
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    R u kidding me??? I'm obsessed with BB! Trev is too.

I'm so mad Jason left last night. This season there so many bad game moves its painful to watch. I think they cursed it with to many ppl with names that start with "J" (that makes no sense... I know lol)

I wanted Austin to go home so bad.

I don't get the fees, but I follow @BigBrotherLeak on twitter for updates and I watch BBAD most nights.
    Oh wow. DMV Doll, I love Big Brother. Have you always watched? My absolute favorite show on TV. My favorite housemate, Howie. He is just such a silly guy. Another BB fan. Do you get the feeds? I couldn't see myself leaving for 3 months. But it's nice to see someone else who knows about the show here. :)

I did the pigs for my games and the kitty and I'm thinking I have to do the shoes.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    They should put the braided hair in the wardrobe for sale D:

That has me ctfu... The hubbies are really good for nothing lol
    I wanted the black shoes ;_; but I got the dress and the bag and fuuuuuuuuugggggg

I got them... really wish there was some way I could give them to you. They're not really my thing.

We need a KKH consignment shop or something.

Andriod player
    DMV_Doll wrote: »

I'm so mad Jason left last night. This season there so many bad game moves its painful to watch. I think they cursed it with to many ppl with names that start with "J" (that makes no sense... I know lol)

I don't get the fees, but I follow @BigBrotherLeak on twitter for updates and I watch BBAD most nights.

I am also a BB fanatic! I've seen every episode of every season since season 2. However, the only time I ever paid for the live feeds was the Janelle, Howie, Kaysar season.

I'm not thrilled with this season so far. I feel like some very interesting players have been ousted and too many floaters are in the house.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »

Sameee I wanted Jason to stay so badly! I watch BBAD everyday during the summer, but not during the schoolyear. So far I'm thinking Vanessa will win this season but I really love John.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
    They should put the braided hair in the wardrobe for sale D:

Yasssss.

Is Big Brother online with a live webcam feed? I remember that years ago it was. That was so much better than the actual show.
  • beefcakesbeefcakes Registered Users 25 Posts
    I'm Almost at the point where I quit the game. I got the free 40kstar box and got cash and when the rest of the boxes were revealed there wasn't one single clothing item, just energy, stars and money. So I spent my own real money so I could open another and I got a jacket that is 20 stars in the store. When the boxes on that one were revealed there were no special weekend items either. Honestly the game just feels like robbery or trickery at some point. It isn't fun anymore.
    beefcakes wrote: »
    I'm Almost at the point where I quit the game. I got the free 40kstar box and got cash and when the rest of the boxes were revealed there wasn't one single clothing item, just energy, stars and money. So I spent my own real money so I could open another and I got a jacket that is 20 stars in the store. When the boxes on that one were revealed there were no special weekend items either. Honestly the game just feels like robbery or trickery at some point. It isn't fun anymore.

Welcome, to the Forum Beefcakes!

Your complaint is one that we are seeing more and more. Polka Dot started documenting it a couple of weeks ago. There is a suggestion thread that you can post in. I think all of us who see this happen, should be posting there too.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    I'm curious to see what we get in the end if anything... Just in case I've been keeping track of what the models said.
    Off Topic but I literally just shed a tear when I was listening to See you again, well that was before wiz Khalifa came in with a rap..
    About to finish the trip. Just need to wait for my energy to fill..
    Sameee I wanted Jason to stay so badly! I watch BBAD everyday during the summer, but not during the schoolyear. So far I'm thinking Vanessa will win this season but I really love John.

I strongly dislike Vanessa, she's paranoid and over analyzes every move. I get that she's a professional poker player, but she over thinks everything, like not believing Day one the phone booth prize.

HollySisk wrote: »
    I am also a BB fanatic! I've seen every episode of every season since season 2. However, the only time I ever paid for the live feeds was the Janelle, Howie, Kaysar season.

I'm not thrilled with this season so far. I feel like some very interesting players have been ousted and too many floaters are in the house.

Season 2 was when I started watching too. Chilltown got me hooked, but I don't think any season Will top Derrick.

We can continue BB talk in Apropos if u like :) I don't want to get too off topic.

Andriod player
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Hey! Is anybody else getting this weird glitch in their game? I'm actually doing the 2nd fashion show right now for this weekend event.
    Screenshot_2015_07_31_20_01_08.png
    free photo hosting
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

About to finish the trip. Just need to wait for my energy to fill..

Hey, Danielle! If you do get anything at the end, please let us know, and could you please pm me a picture of whatever it is if you don't post it here?

• HoneyRavenHoneyRaven Registered Users 145 Posts
    So, quick question - I've managed to open 3 K-Star boxes, got the shoes, the bag and energy - but I haven't got the call from Kim about tracking down the outfit. what level do you have to be on for the event task to come through?
    ~ You have your whole life to be old, but you only have a few years to be young ~
    Hey! Is anybody else getting this weird glitch in their game? I'm actually doing the 2nd fashion show right now for this weekend event.
    Screenshot_2015_07_31_20_01_08.png
    free photo hosting

Yes, I think that's happening to everybody.

• FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    I can almost guarantee you that those outfits will be in a VIP event. (Maybe this weekend) but omg I am obsessed with the boy's denim jacket although I probably won't be able to get it.

25hic6r.jpg[/QUOTE]

I'm glad that this outfit is not for a vip event I want the hair so bad.
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Hey, Danielle! If you do get anything at the end, please let us know, and could you please pm me a picture of whatever it is if you don't post it here?
    Okay, I will.
    The glitch where someone's standing right in front of someone else on the runway? Yeah a few people have posted pix like that also.

I just did that runway show - same thing.
    beefcakes wrote: »

Sorry to hear that :( There is a topic called "Hookah Den" where we have all been posting any gripes. You will see some posts about it in there. At least, you can feel you are not alone.

I am sorry to hear it also in the sense that I had thought maybe it was fixed, when I played some 40 K star chances earlier today, and there was at least one of the special prizes in each...Even though I saw some 10 K-star shoes in there, also...

ETA: Oh...hmm...I just looked back at my screen images of the 40 K star arrays, and there WAS one which had none of the special 40 K-star prizes in it. :(