Feedback on "Comeback" quest

Comments

• MauveyMauvey Registered Users 157 Posts
    In order for me to reach "max" I still need an extra 200 MILLION followers. You can't say "don't worry about your friends" because if this person was not in my friends list, I would be #1 right now, with 280M followers, and could start my comeback right this second. But since this person isn't getting deleted, I'm only #2. Now I need that extra 200 million to get the top spot. Why would I be happy about having to wait months and months and months to get to that number and start my comeback, when if this person wasn't in my game I could start my comeback today?
    To be honest it isn't as bad as you think it is. Take baby steps, it won't seem as bad. I stopped playing for about four months, and do you know how many fans I had to earn? At least a 100+ mill and I gained all those fans by gigs alone (mainly because I didn't know parties existed) and I also had friends to compete with. Sure it seemed tedious back then, but as I looks upon it now, it's not as bad. Same thing with my first comeback, it was a lot of work but it was so tough even with friends. Less than two weeks I was able to reach the A list without much trouble. You do have to reach max, I know that's a bunch, but it's all in the matter of the mind. If you think it will be so tiring, it will be, vice versa. Even if you delete the top players in your game, they'll still be there, and you'll have to reach max anyways. It may work for the next comeback, but this current one not so much.
  • wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    Mauvey wrote: »
    To be honest it isn't as bad as you think it is. Take baby steps, it won't seem as bad. I stopped playing for about four months, and do you know how many fans I had to earn? At least a 100+ mill and I gained all those fans by gigs alone (mainly because I didn't know parties existed) and I also had friends to compete with. Sure it seemed tedious back then, but as I looks upon it now, it's not as bad. Same thing with my first comeback, it was a lot of work but it was so tough even with friends. Less than two weeks I was able to reach the A list without much trouble. You do have to reach max, I know that's a bunch, but it's all in the matter of the mind. If you think it will be so tiring, it will be, vice versa. Even if you delete the top players in your game, they'll still be there, and you'll have to reach max anyways. It may work for the next comeback, but this current one not so much.
    That's not true. I deleted about ten friends who had more followers than me, and it took about a week but eventually they were all removed from my game... except this one person, whose name was deleted from my game so I don't know who they are. They are the only person who hasn't been removed completely.
  • Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    I understand how your taking this one of my friends are number 1 with over 400mil fans, I'm not even sure if i'll ever be able to beat them..
    O.O
    I just realized all of my friends are in the top 10--great..
  • MauveyMauvey Registered Users 157 Posts
    That's not true. I deleted about ten friends who had more followers than me, and it took about a week but eventually they were all removed from my game... except this one person, whose name was deleted from my game so I don't know who they are. They are the only person who hasn't been removed completely.
    That's really weird. I had friends whom I've deleted several months ago, and they're still there. Maybe it a glitch I don't know. But that delete friends method never worked for me. About time it for the deletion take affect I would have already surpassed them. So I don't delete friends anymore, because I'll be number one by the end. Then again nothing special is going on with being on top. I actually kinda like being a underling, gives me a challenge. I also know for sure I'm not doing a third comback, I haven't heard a lot of ranting and raving about the love guru. But I have to admit that really strange.
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    I've never been close to #1. I think I was at #6 for about two seconds, which triggered a 'try for #1' challenge which will now sit there a while because I keep adding new friends, many are A or A +++ or whatever, and no matter how many 5 star gigs I complete I hover around # 38-40. # 33 is really doing well for my doll.

I quit worrying about it a while ago because nothing seems to change it. But it also removes some pressure to do perfectly on all gigs, too. :p:)
    I only care about fans for the purposes of starting a new comeback. I want to up my max energy, I want the special action, I want the new outfit. Once I'm A+++ I won't care about my ranking or fans, but I just reeeally want to get to A+++. Hell, even just A++ would make me happy right now lol.
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    I also did the comeback for the extra energy, outfit, and button. 462M is a slow climb, though. I'm like 390 something million away. It took me over six months to get to #1 because I can't play as much as others can. I might do a second comeback then stop, idk. With every update they increase max fans so it makes it really difficult if you want to do all 3.
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    Getting to number 1 is going to take me forever! I had a GC friend at 461.6mil that I delete but yet she's still there.. Great.. I'm only at 51.9mil and yet I'm worrying from the point I'm at. I guess I just really want to do the comeback quests since before restarting my game at haven't been able to.. :(
  • lileililei Registered Users 33 Posts
    I just want to make sure that if you choose one of the comeback options you get to keep spouse and baby too. Is this the case? an E+ with homes on different continents is interesting as well as keeping the wardrobe.
    lilei wrote: »
    I just want to make sure that if you choose one of the comeback options you get to keep spouse and baby too. Is this the case? an E+ with homes on different continents is interesting as well as keeping the wardrobe.
    Yes, you keep everything except your fans. That's the only thing you lose. Husbands, babies, houses, etc don't go anywhere.
  • LapinCurieuxLapinCurieux Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hi all! I wasn't able to find an answer to this question anywhere in the thread, so I hope someone can help. I'm very close to reaching number one but wanted to know if doing the comeback affects your storyline quests? I'm behind a bit in terms of the main story and was wondering if I will still be able to receive the main story quests if I start the comeback? I've just finished the Paris Fashion Week story and am currently working on the World Fashion Calendar series.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    No. THe Comeback will NOT affect your storylines or quests at all. The only things affected: You get a dress, you get 4 added to your Max Energy Capacity, you plummet to one fan and the lowest level Letter wise. And you get a 'special task' button, that replaces a number of smaller tasks, costs 9 Energy and give a little extra in payout. (I'm not a big fan of the special task, but tha's just me. I like it in Fashion shows, hate it in dates. lol) Good luck. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Skeeter513Skeeter513 Registered Users 26 Posts
    I'm #98 at the moment...when can I do comeback? What is it? I'm new to forums...
    Hi Skeeter, I grabbed the graphic for the Comeback:
    Comebackgraphic_zpsswaylxqz.jpg

When you get to number one, A window pops up and gives you the chance to do a comeback. You lost all your fans, you drop down the E List, only now you'd be E+ List, the + means you've been number one and took the comeback. And then you get snubbed by all the people in clubs again. You keep your contacts, your homes, vehicles, pets, clothes, all your experience Level Points, your cash, your stars. You get to pick the quest you want, most of us picked according to clothes. You receive that piece of clothing, your maximum energy is raised by 3 to 37. And you slowly begin your climb back to the top. You may or may not receive special tasks to go with the comeback, when it was first rolled out, they were the next gigs we got, you might have already done them. It doesn't affect your 2nd climb anyway. Good luck, enjoy the climb to number one. I'm sure if you wanted to see the outfits better, people will post them for you when it's time to decide. :)
    Hope this helped.

Oh, the special task. It's a new button that pops up, replacing quite a few smaller little tasks to tap in your gig....it takes 9 Energy, and I'm not sure how much it pays out. To me, it's not at all helpful really. On dates, I end up needed one fraction of a star, and my only choices are 9 energy for the special task, or 8energy plus 200$ for drinks at Oak. But the Fasion one, that is helpful in fashion shows, or maybe it's just less annoying to me. But I'm sure there are people who love the special tasks. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Koko, I have a question related to what you said about the energy. So say I'm level 15(Or another level that's below the max energy) And If become number one, Since you said I have 3 energy added to max, does this apply to the number of energy I'd have at level 15? Or when I get the comeback at level 15, when I level up to the next level, will the energy I get still be added to the 3 energy you for the comeback?

If you're not quite sure what I am, here's what I mean. For example, say 22 energy for me fills my bar up entirely. If I do the comeback which adds 3energy to my number. Whenever I level up will I have more than 25(Since if you put the 22 and 3 together..) Or will I not get anymore energy?
  • Tephie88Tephie88 Registered Users 42 Posts
    Hi Danielle! I think I know what you are saying and yes, I am pretty sure you will still increase energy when you level up. I am on level 31 and am on my 3rd comeback and my max energy right now is 43.
    Tephie88 wrote: »
    Hi Danielle! I think I know what you are saying and yes, I am pretty sure you will still increase energy when you level up. I am on level 31 and am on my 3rd comeback and my max energy right now is 43.
    Hey Tephie! Thanks for responding you definitely gave me the right answer. Welcome to forums!
    Koko, I have a question related to what you said about the energy. So say I'm level 15(Or another level that's below the max energy) And If become number one, Since you said I have 3 energy added to max, does this apply to the number of energy I'd have at level 15? Or when I get the comeback at level 15, when I level up to the next level, will the energy I get still be added to the 3 energy you for the comeback?

If you're not quite sure what I am, here's what I mean. For example, say 22 energy for me fills my bar up entirely. If I do the comeback which adds 3energy to my number. Whenever I level up will I have more than 25(Since if you put the 22 and 3 together..) Or will I not get anymore energy?
    Tephie88 wrote: »

Oh Danielle, I'm sorry, I didn't see this. I had to cook and play and be here at the same time, and I'm sorry. And thank Tephie88, You're correct. I'm currently on 40, I've done comeback twice, and when then time comes, maybe 3. I'd like to add that Once your energy gets to 34, it will not continue to increase when you level up. 34 is the max, without comebacks. So if you do the comeback the game keeps track of how much is oriiginal up to 34, and what has been Comeback added.

And to amend previous Special Task Feeback, I only really object to it it during dates. But I'm not KrayKray about the last dress, the finance? So I don't know if I'll do it. I might be capping off at 40. ;)

Hi Tephie, if I haven't said it before, Welcome. Nice to meet you.:)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Tephie88Tephie88 Registered Users 42 Posts
    Thank you! :) Nice to meet both of you!
    I think I have a shorter path to #1, I only have to earn 176.6mil fans so I think I'm ok...I guess my complaints are behind me now. It's funny how I'm only D-List and I'm already thinking about this..I'm definitely doing fashion icon first.
  • SukiSuki Registered Users 111 Posts
    I just started my third comeback and I love energy boost, exclusive clothes and extra stars from clawing my way back to the top.

However, I do not like the exlusive actions. As Koko has said, it replaces smaller-energy tasks which can be a pain.
    Also, the payout isn't necessarily that great. Take a shift at So Chic LA:
    Money maker = 9 energy = 12 stars
    Rearrange table = 5 energy = 12 stars

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea, but sometimes it feels like I'm being punished for doing the comeback.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Ok so I did my first comeback as a fashion icon and now I'm on my second comeback as a love guru. I would have to say that I like the fact that the first come back that I chose has an actual storyline to it. I was also happy when my ranking increased quickly. However when I hit the a-list, it took me forever to gain fans more quickly on the top stars list. I became the #1 ☆★ again on my game by throwing tons of house parties. I took advantage of the party weekend event so that helped me to move up quickly to do my second comeback.

Now for the second comeback, I would have to say thay I am a bit disappointed that there's no second storyline. All three comebacks should have a storylines gigs. The love guru comeback was pretty helpful for my doll and her hubby to improve on their relationship faster and to start a family. Now my doll is ready to have a second baby with her hubby. But Ray Powers tweets stayed the same. His tweets were pretty annoying because he repeatedly tweets the same things on Twitter over & over again. Ugh!

I don't regret doing two comebacks. I actually was bored being the #1 ☆★ on my game so I needed a challenge. I think that it was actually worth it to me.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Carol - you and I made the same choices. I did the fashion icon as my first comeback and now I'm in the midst of my second comeback, the love guru. I enjoy the extra energy and new clothes but I wish there were some other perks during a Comeback. Clearly someone who has made it #1 player and then chooses to start all over again is a dedicated player and I wish Glu would show more appreciation toward such loyal customers.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Carol - you and I made the same choices. I did the fashion icon as my first comeback and now I'm in the midst of my second comeback, the love guru. I enjoy the extra energy and new clothes but I wish there were some other perks during a Comeback. Clearly someone who has made it #1 player and then chooses to start all over again is a dedicated player and I wish Glu would show more appreciation toward such loyal customers.
    I was gonna choose money maker as my second comeback, then I changed my mind all of a sudden. But I realized that my doll was struggling to conceived her first child. I believe that I made the right decision for my doll. Love is more important to my doll than money since it's more valuable.

I enjoy the extras energy boosts and the new action tasks that comes along with the comebacks as well. It annoys me when I have a real life friend on my top star list who refuses to do the comeback because that person has more fans than me (I usually struggle because of that). Or when a real life friend did all three comebacks and has more fans than me. It's definitely more of a challenge to become the #1 🌟 on my game again.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »

Agreed, throw us some KStars our way.

The special action clearly has been nothing but a hindrance, if only we were given 1 KStar for doing those special action :D
    PM to add
  • Kate GreyKate Grey Registered Users 29 Posts
    Finally was able to start the third and last comeback and it feels good! Love the energy boost and the cute outfits, and it gives me a goal on the game, so it's really great. However, it gets harder everyday to get to the top and this is really unecessary.
  • lespritdescalierlespritdescalier Registered Users 66 Posts
    Kate Grey wrote: »
    Finally was able to start the third and last comeback and it feels good! Love the energy boost and the cute outfits, and it gives me a goal on the game, so it's really great. However, it gets harder everyday to get to the top and this is really unecessary.

i just started my third comeback too! we can be comeback twins. i'm not looking forward to having to get all the way up to 537.5 million fans to get back to number one though. ugh.
  • MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    Is it possible to adjust the number of fans we get with each party and project?

The parties and projects get harder to complete as they require more energy than before, and the number of fans gets more than doubled vs the beginning of the game after many many updates.

So the least you can propose the players is to give more fans so that we can finish the comeback journeys quicker.

Thanks Glu for your consideration.
  • Kate GreyKate Grey Registered Users 29 Posts
    Yeah! I've always wanted a twin! Not looking forward to get all those fans AGAIN, but hey at least it's for the last time! I can't spend money on my game so it's going to take A LOT of work, I'm so glad the party weekend helped :) xo
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    I'm thinking of making a comeback.. but I don't know which one to choose as a first one? I like the fashion icon, but at the same time I want a baby with someone I choose to be my husband. Currently I'm not dating anyone (because my second husband left me couple of days ago because of a glitch, and glu is taking forever to respond me)
    And what time do you need to come back to top 10 at least? Without bying energy with k-stars, just regular daily playing (one/two gigs per day). And how does the love guru help you to boost your relationship?
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014