Parties

Purpleprince90Purpleprince90 Registered Users 45 Posts
Whats the fastest way to get the most things for the event? With 8 hour parties or 3 hour parties?
Prev1

Comments

• dedagsdedags Registered Users 66 Posts
    Whats the fastest way to get the most things for the event? With 8 hour parties or 3 hour parties?
    3 hour parties!!
    BTW I have a question abt parties too... I always throw my parties at my calabasas mansion and I remember that before this weekends event I could always complete my 3 hour parties with like less than 34 energy bolts (I remember I only had to have small talk with each of my guests + 4 more blue stars and I was done)
    But now I have to use more than 37 energy bolts to complete 1 3 hour party at calabasas????? Now after all the small talk bubbles I need like 12 more blue stars to finish the party I think :/
    is this happening w anyone else??? :///
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    dedags wrote: »
    3 hour parties!!
    BTW I have a question abt parties too... I always throw my parties at my calabasas mansion and I remember that before this weekends event I could always complete my 3 hour parties with like less than 34 energy bolts (I remember I only had to have small talk with each of my guests + 4 more blue stars and I was done)
    But now I have to use more than 37 energy bolts to complete 1 3 hour party at calabasas????? Now after all the small talk bubbles I need like 12 more blue stars to finish the party I think :/
    is this happening w anyone else??? :///

omg I noticed that too! It used to be I could just do small talk with each party guest and then do something for 4 energy and finish the party! Now, after I do all the small talks I'm only at like 3 1/2 stars... Idk what they did to change it but I wish they would go back to the old system because its just way to much energy to spend.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • MzLeeLeeMzLeeLee Registered Users 44 Posts
    Small talk don't come back after an hour either
  • natchulanatchula Registered Users 135 Posts
    Small Talk didn't even come back after I did it the first time and I did an 8 hour party. So I had to compensate on other things because clearly for me, the small talk option never came back. It was so hard but I was able to get 5 starts and that got me 37,000 something fans but only 20 points for the weekend event. What the heck bruh! Ugh it was not worth it. I'm just going to stick with the weekend gigs. I'll probably get the yellow bag.
    add me on GC; natbchula
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Changes have been made to the game, that make it more of a challenge. It will probably take a little time to figure out the best way to win the event.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    Come on it's like 1 step forward 2 steps back... What's the point of guests now ? It was already bad enough that inviting them had no effect on the relationship and now you're telling me you can only "small talk" once ? Disappointing really.
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
    I chose 8 hour parties, and just before the 4th hour starts the small talk comes up. I know, I really only wanted people to know it wasn't a bug. I'm feeling it too. There is a vent thread the Hookah Lounge where people are venting about the changes. I do know Glu is here with the finger on the pulse of the community. General consensus around here is we've shown too much love.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I'm on pain meds, so a bit slow on the uptake here. Koko, do you mean that since we've seemed too happy around here, they've started to put the screws to us harder, or do you mean something else entirely?

I guess I can see that happening. What a bummer. You can't just appreciate something without showing exploitability, no?

I've personally been getting more & more ****ed off at the gigs and dating events <and what is there even to say about the VIP events, really?!>, but I like to put a good face on things and dwell on the positive. With the recent Parties revamp, the positive is missing.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• SukiSuki Registered Users 111 Posts
    I had my small talk recharge after about 2 hours. I don't really mind too much that they've changed the amount of energy needed to complete a party but why would they change the small talk recharge time? I see no logical reason for it, especially since it's so random.
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Suki wrote: »
    I had my small talk recharge after about 2 hours. I don't really mind too much that they've changed the amount of energy needed to complete a party but why would they change the small talk recharge time? I see no logical reason for it, especially since it's so random.
    Well small talk action gives you points during party events so they're making the event harder to complete to encourage people to spend money on kstars for opening gift boxes to win clothing that gives more event points, or on energy to get through it more quickly :) (:()
    GC: { Lucyxx }
    Suki wrote: »

2 hours? Not in Calabasas. With 5 hours left on an 8 hour party in Calabasas, I'm waiting for the recharge. It comes shortly before the beginning of the 4th hour. I looked last time at 4 hour 8 minutes left and I had the recharge. This is multiple times, multiple games. Calabasas is giving 2nd Comeback Alisters on level 33 a recharge after almost 4 hours. Where are you getting a 2 hour small talk recharge, and are you a newer player or a seasoned vet? We're trying to analyze the various changes, and if ther changes aren't across the board I'm disconnecting the wifi.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DaphyDaphy Registered Users 133 Posts
    MzLeeLee wrote: »
    Small talk don't come back after an hour either

and here I was thinking that something was wrong with my device. nope, they've changed it up.
    I threw an 8 hour party in Calabasas yesterday (started before the event started) and could do small talk at around the 6- and 4- hours to go mark. I'm level 32 A++. Maybe it was just a one-off? Since then I've only done 3 hour parties which I finish shortly after starting so I don't know.
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Just to add an additional statistic, I did two 8-hour parties in Miami (now on third) and the small talk bubble showed up MAYBE twice in those 8 hours, depending on the guest.
  • NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    Hey guys I have been completing 3 hour parties in my home in Miami. The small talk does recharge after 2 hours for me, however it takes me only 1 1/2 energy refills to complete the party, and I only have 26 energy points at level 12. So maybe you should do 3 hour parties? IDK I am just speculating (well sort of )
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Hey guys I have been completing 3 hour parties in my home in Miami. The small talk does recharge after 2 hours for me, however it takes me only 1 1/2 energy refills to complete the party, and I only have 26 energy points at level 12. So maybe you should do 3 hour parties? IDK I am just speculating (well sort of )

Yes I think 3 hour parties are the best way to go - I get the small talk popup more often on them, and at 12 baby thingies (+ guests x small talk) it's more efficient than the 20 you get from the 8hour parties.
    I know Luz wasn't doing it, and jumped in late....so for Luz and all the grinders out there.........you can do it you can do it you can do it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    My 3 hour party small talk just recharged after 1 hr 25 min (or less)

Edit: just had one that recharged after 1hr 9 min or less. Maybe they've changed back to the 50 min recharge? Anyone have recent stats to add?
  • Angie7680Angie7680 Registered Users 178 Posts
    I think the small talk matters on how many guests you have? I think so.. When I was hosting a party in my Calabasas mansion, small talk only came back after 4 hrs.. When I hosted a party at the Punta Mita beach house, it came back after 2 1/2 hours.. And parties at my Malibu house the small talk came back at about 2 hrs.
    I was really frustrated because now that we get less stars, it takes me 2 or 3 8hr parties to finish in a day and then I've to wake up at night to finish them and sometimes I don't hear the alarm so it ends up finishing without me and I don't get the rattles. So I started The rents quest and I'm even more frustrated because I only got the 2nd prize after all the partying and the event is due today but I'm only on the Mom advice part of quest. If I speed up the event I'll waste K stars and also I'd imagine you've to wait 8hrs for the Rents part 2.
    Really wanted the hair but I guess I'm out of luck this week, plus I wasted my time on this stupid event and stayed inside partying:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    I’m just here to steal your outfits and your wine

• Angie7680Angie7680 Registered Users 178 Posts
    After reading everyone's comments I think I realised when the small talk bubble recharges. It does matter with the amount of guests you have, Calabasas mansion can invite up to 7 guests, half of 7 is 4 1/2 so the small talk recharges after 4 and a half hours. If you can invite up to 4 guests at other houses, the small talk bubble recharges after 2 hrs. All that and so on.
    Fairly annoying and takes longer to complete parties I must say.. The parties were the only reason I recently purchased the Calabasas mansion only to realise Glu did this change!
    I’m just here to steal your outfits and your wine

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I've had the bubble recharge after 2 hours in the Calabasas mansion. And other times not having it recharges. I think its pretty random.
    PM to add
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I've had the bubble recharge after 2 hours in the Calabasas mansion. And other times not having it recharges. I think its pretty random.

IA. Same happened to me during several 8-hour parties in Calabasas.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

Hey, I had a thought. Could it be a Glitch? And there is a chance Glu will send out a fix. I know of at least one issue fixed that's coming out soon. So, maybe other things like this recharge Glitch will be fixed too. ANyone think that is possible? Now I only know a fix for a marriage glitch is coming through soon. I don't want to start a rumor that recharge is a glitch. Right?

I am only asking the community's opinion if you think it's possible the recharge is an oopsie? Can we give them the benefit of the doubt? Look at how fast Facebook got the update. Later that night. And, there haven't been an abundance of FB issues since the update. So....maybe things are being fixed. It could happen. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I wouldn't lie, I was hoping it is a glitch.

However, I think of the chances of it coincidentally being a glitch right before a party event, and how they made the party event points increase...

Still hoping here.
    PM to add
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Well, it'd be nice if it was a glitch, but people began complaining about the delayed recharge issue on Wednesday, and they didn't push through a fix for it like they sometimes do, and KK:H_Staff hasn't appeared to say they're working on it, so I believe it's purposeful.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• hkayteehkaytee Registered Users 116 Posts
    Another party event... And the small talk actions still aren't filling up the stars like it used to
    Add me GC: AychKT && yakanaTee :)
  • MauveyMauvey Registered Users 157 Posts
    You might as well not stress yourself trying get the stuff... Even with all the bonuses, you'll barely make it pass the purse, and I bet the dress is 600 points... This event isn't worth the time...
  • hkayteehkaytee Registered Users 116 Posts
    Mauvey wrote: »
    You might as well not stress yourself trying get the stuff... Even with all the bonuses, you'll barely make it pass the purse, and I bet the dress is 600 points... This event isn't worth the time...

Ugh this game is starting to add to my stress levels instead of help with it
    Add me GC: AychKT && yakanaTee :)
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    Guyyyyyys. Parties are back to normal!!! I think... I mean I was bored earlier so I decided to work my way to the top by completing parties...I had 40 bolts and IDK I just spent it all because I thought that I would have to go out to reload but then the party was over!! Sorry if it's old news lol I'm not exactly up to date with the game lately.

EDIT : Sorry I must have been drunk, parties are just as hard to complete as they were before.
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
    No chanrin, it has relaxed a little, not as good as it was, but better than when it first reset. Also, I see a more reasonable thing to get to the hair. At least it's not like dating that wiped on game out 50,0000$ and still didn't finish to the dress. Yikes.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary