Weekend Event 8/07/2015 - Fun in the Summer Sun!!!

Comments

• HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    The black gown in the boxes is the same style as one of my favorites, the leopard print gown. Since have so many black dresses and black gowns, I wish they had done another print dress in this style instead of another solid black piece of clothing.
    ABmdWRJ.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    I'm going to see a movie with my four year old daughter tomorrow <Shaun the Sheep>, and I'm going to a luau in celebration of my grandma's 90th birthday on Sunday, so it's gonna be a sweet weekend... Aw yeah, I know how to party! <actually, I'm really looking forward to both things.>.

Oh Luz, have a wonderful time with your Grandma! What a very special birthday! I'm sure you know how blessed you are to have her in your life. Not a day goes by that I don't miss my Nana.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I'm really disappointed how difficult the parties are lately. The Calabasas mansion is supposed to be the best one on this game, but it's not giving me enough party event points. I think that this is probably my least favorite event including the VIP event as well. I will probably won't get all of the items for this event. I think that I will just get the dress and will probably quit this event. It's too stressful and exhausting. Smh
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Kylie's Balmain dress does look better with sleeves. But they didn't even give it a leather-like appearance. Also, I'd like to see the shoes she actually wore & not another black & gold footwear style, although I do like the event boots.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Yes, but you wouldn't have been going to college for many, many years, and I can wear Balmain right now! It's the right choice.
    image.jpg1_zpsicnz69xi.jpg

You'll understand when you're older. When you borrow it.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I'm really disappointed how difficult the parties are lately. The Calabasas mansion is supposed to be the best one on this game, but it's not giving me enough party event points. I think that this is probably my least favorite event including the VIP event as well. I will probably won't get all of the items for this event. I think that I will just get the dress and will probably quit this event. It's too stressful and exhausting. Smh

Don't give up yet Carol. There's plenty of time left to get all the prizes. Once you get the earned dress, you'll receive additional bonus points.

IMO Calabasas is the best house bcuz it fits the most guest. I also only do 3hr parties and I don't do any other storyline gigs while I'm grinding.

Don't 4get when you do the Kylie event gigs you'll also get event stars for those too.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Ok guys, I saw some complaints about the event and I was thinking maybe something else is going on with my game because my event is very easy!

It looks like it used to be before. I can complete a 3h party with 40 energy bolts, am earning 12 stars for party + 3 bonus with one item and 2 stars for each guest, together are 29 stars for party this is too much! There is still more bonus to come and at the end of Kylie's birthday we'll probably receive a significant bonus plus we have an extra day!

I didn't like the male items, but this event is easy, Glu improved a lot since Khloe's birthday !

Koko I'm a bit tired so I didn't detect well your feeling, you're happy with what you got? Or is frustrated by not being able to have all items for all your dolls?

Ok music ...
    I love this video that covers Bob is very cute! Hope you like Luz and guys!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    Kylie's Balmain dress does look better with sleeves. But they didn't even give it a leather-like appearance. Also, I'd like to see the shoes she actually wore & not another black & gold footwear style, although I do like the event boots.

Glu always removes the best parts of the Kardashian / Jenner fashion inspiration. Whether it's the sleeves, skirt/dress length, color.

Andriod player
    Vats wrote: »
    Ok guys, I saw some complaints about the event and I was thinking maybe something else is going on with my game because my event is very easy!

It looks like it used to be before. I can complete a 3h party with 40 energy bolts, am earning 12 stars for party + 3 bonus with one item and 2 stars for each guest, together are 29 stars for party this is too much! There is still more bonus to come and at the end of Kylie's birthday we'll probably receive a significant bonus plus we have an extra day!

I didn't like the male items, but this event is easy, Glu improved a lot since Khloe's birthday !

Hmm... I wouldn't say it's better, Glu did extend the refresh time of the guest small talk buttons since Khloe's event. You can only do one round in a 3hr party, but I think the event is definitely doable. :)

Andriod player
  • pandamoo85pandamoo85 Registered Users 107 Posts
    Ugh I'm so annoyed, I got the ugly platform Daily Box shoes in my free gift box and I can't afford to buy another cuz I'm saving up to get my kid back. Siiigh I just wanted the earrings *cries*
    My avi's name is Star -- she shows up as Starfaise for GC contacts. :o
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Hmm... I wouldn't say it's better, Glu did extend the refresh time of the guest small talk buttons since Khloe's event. You can only do one round in a 3hr party, but I think the event is definitely doable. :)

I understand, the fact is that I usually use only one round before the end of a party, but I'm sure there was a reduction in energy expenditure and an increase in the number of event points.

I'm sorry for that panda!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Don't give up yet Carol. There's plenty of time left to get all the prizes. Once you get the earned dress, you'll receive additional bonus points.

IMO Calabasas is the best house bcuz it fits the most guest. I also only do 3hr parties and I don't do any other storyline gigs while I'm grinding.

Don't 4get when you do the Kylie event gigs you'll also get event stars for those too.

Thanks for your words of encouragement but I'm still not sure if I will continue this event. I will try my best though to see how far l can go.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

So this is what my "gift" boxes that cost 40 k stars each looked like....
    4TvX4rV.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • SayuSayu Registered Users 90 Posts
    Do we get any bonus points for completing the event gigs? Have anyone finished the photoshoot with Kylie? :-)
  • trufflebuttertrufflebutter Registered Users 441 Posts
    Sayu wrote: »
    Do we get any bonus points for completing the event gigs? Have anyone finished the photoshoot with Kylie? :-)
    Yes u get points
    Yay! I already got the dress!😊
    Now my goals are to get the last 2 items! The outfit would be incomplete if I don't get the purse and the boots.
    Screenshot_2015_08_08_01_35_08.png
    image hosting sites
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Angie7680Angie7680 Registered Users 178 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    So this is what my "gift" boxes that cost 40 k stars each looked like....
    4TvX4rV.jpg

I've noticed that you and dmv.doll seem to have the worst luck when it comes to gift boxes lately... :/ it's like they rigged just both of your games specifically
    I’m just here to steal your outfits and your wine

• kinzakinza Registered Users 46 Posts
    Guys are 8hr parties better or 3hr?
    GC: kinzaxo
    I love playing with friends so add me up :)
    A lister!
    kinza wrote: »
    Guys are 8hr parties better or 3hr?

3hr parties
    3hr parties

Do they give the same number of event points?
    A lister!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    3 hour parties in Calabasas with no event items is 12 Stars I think. One item adds 5 Stars, 2 is 8? I think DMV Doll has posted these numbers in the past, but I don't know if it's the same any more. THe special Birthday Party gigs pay stars.....otherwise no stars for gigs during the event. Just Parties as far as I know. Parties and the 3 tasks for Kylie's bdparty.

I have one game that just earned the dress, so now she has one bonus item. I don't see her finishing, but with the extra time....who knows.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I do just the 3hr parties and I just need 230 point to get the shoes
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    AppleP needs 151 Event points for the boots, the Android Phone needs 200 something, but poor Android Tablet? she needs 360. She got no bonus item in the giftbox, and couldn't afford to buy any. ;( I don't think she'll finish.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    AppleP needs 151 Event points for the boots, the Android Phone needs 200 something, but poor Android Tablet? she needs 360. She got no bonus item in the giftbox, and couldn't afford to buy any. ;( I don't think she'll finish.

I don't see myself finishing either. But I really want that Chanel bag! I don't use real money in the game so its pretty hard to even get the dress.
    A lister!
    kinza wrote: »
    I don't see myself finishing either. But I really want that Chanel bag! I don't use real money in the game so its pretty hard to even get the dress.
    U are right without real money we are nothing :D ..
    U are right without real money we are nothing :D ..

Complete the event gigs! It will give you 22 points each 3hr gig (first with Kylie in Paris and second with Maestro Sly in Malibu)
    Sayu wrote: »

The final event at Lif
    • 6hr
    • Kylie gives you 50 event stars (make sure you tap her speech bubble)
    • you can invite a friend
    • 25 event stars for completing the event
    • It took me 81 energy to complete the 6hr event

If you complete all Kylie party gigs you get a total 119 event stars :)

Side note : IDK. W T F this glitch is , but every time I go to edit my post... It deletes its self. It's driving me insane so I'm off to the Hookah Den

Andriod player
  • MarshybeansMarshybeans Registered Users 33 Posts
    I'm sorry but you can get everything from the event without spending kstars or real money in the game. And without winning the special items.
    I do it every weekend and very rarely do I win a special items.
    It takes a lot of time and effort,I admit. But it can be done.
    I'm sorry but you can get everything from the event without spending kstars or real money in the game. And without winning the special items.
    I do it every weekend and very rarely do I win a special items.
    It takes a lot of time and effort,I admit. But it can be done.
    Agree! Same here :-)
    It can be done obviously, but I can't play all day. I have school and extra classes as well, homework, too. I'm a freshman so next year I have to give the O levels, so I can't afford to put in so much effort. And plus this is my first weekend event, the last one I did was way back in August last year when I deleted the game so I'm not sure exactly what to do.
    A lister!