Weekend Event 8/07/2015 - Fun in the Summer Sun!!!

Comments

• beefcakesbeefcakes Registered Users 25 Posts
    So not only have they made it so it costs more energy to complete events and parties, now they make it so the bonus you get for contacts takes longer to replenish? It used to be every hour you could do it....now it's like 2 or more? This is crazy and frustrating. It's like they're encouraging people to quit, see how much they can take before giving up
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Here's how I'm currently styling the Balmain look. I'm really hoping to get the boots soon.

VGOJ6FH.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • CinfullCinfull Registered Users 10 Posts
    I thought that with this party event and you invite whoever you are dating/married to the party, it would count as time spent with that person. I have been throwing these 3 hour parties inviting my fiance and my bf (yes i am dating an A lister along with my D lister bf i met thru Kim) the A lister at the first party was flirty and in a good mood. Then at the last one I threw he came in upset talking about emo music and how he is angry i havent called him. My fiance still called me wanting to go out on a date as well. After my last party i chose to go on a date with my fiance to get it out of the way and now I am stuck on a 8 hour date when I could be throwing parties to earn more pts for the event. So do these parties not count as time spent with them? Do we really have to now go on a date in addition to these parties or have you guys found other ways to satisfy their need to be on a date through throwing a party? As it stands now, after this 8 hour date I still have the emo A lister to deal with or i risk having him call to break up. I still need the purse and boots from the party event! Any help or tips appreciated!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Here's AppleP and Trevor. No one is driving out of Napa, it's a driver and stretch all the way. lol.
    ApplePTrev_zpsy8iubodp.jpg

And, unfortunately, parties do not add relationship points to any of the contacts you invite to the party. I had to stop a party to date my spouse. lol. I went back and finished, But no relationship points, and ou still have to date. You can decline the date, but be careful there are no set rules that we know of. I said no one, then said yes the next day, had 6 hours left to do the date, and I got the break up phone call on the way to the date. It didn't matter that my timer said I had 6 hours, when my time was up it was up. ;( Now I never say no.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ChristyKayChristyKay Registered Users 73 Posts
    I think this is the first weekend even I will finish, besides the last VIP event. I never use K-stars to buy energy. But I bought several boxes for the event so I got 8 extra event stars for the parties and the extra stars from the Kylie gigs helped too. I'm excited!
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    From what I read here the event is being nice to everyone! Cool!

I must finish mine tomorrow, for those who are behind keep the tap tap tap! We still have two days!

Holly I loved your collage, again I'm dying of jealousy of you girls and your wonderful items in my next game I'll join you girls, to don't just be salivating here and having to content myself with a bitter and frustrating taste .

Carol the game gives sometimes a k-star randomly, I also received one today ...
    bq8Gy4L.png?1

I got to level 39 today, let's celebrate!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    More Balmain stylings by various players

XvLfHSG.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    beefcakes wrote: »
    So not only have they made it so it costs more energy to complete events and parties, now they make it so the bonus you get for contacts takes longer to replenish? It used to be every hour you could do it....now it's like 2 or more? This is crazy and frustrating. It's like they're encouraging people to quit, see how much they can take before giving up

You're absolutely correct! It takes abt 4hrs for the buttons to refresh and reappear. So now it's not possible to make a 2nd round during a 3hr party.

I used that strategy during Khloe's bday weekend event and I finished pretty quickly without any gift box items.

Vats, congrats on level 39:)
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Chester has taken so many L's this year lol... Kylie sure knows how to pick em' smh :(

PhotoGrid_1439078391882_zpsdqvvwwro.jpg
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    I don't know much about Tyga or, more appropriately called, Chester. But does he realize how tacky this is? ....smh x2
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I don't know much about Tyga or, more appropriately called, Chester. But does he realize how tacky this is? Oh yeah....this is the same adult guy who has been dating a teenager....smh x2

Ugh...Tyga digust me.😝
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    Tyga , you could have done better--why would you give your girlfriend the car you gave your baby mama?
    I think I'm laughing at how ridiculous this is..
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Here's AppleP and Trevor. No one is driving out of Napa, it's a driver and stretch all the way. lol.
    ApplePTrev_zpsy8iubodp.jpg

Lol we're looking like real Kardashians with all of our dark colors. I was actually pretty happy with this weekend event and I finished today so I don't have to play all day tomorrow (which is good because I have a lot to do before I start school Monday). Even though I can't find anything in my wardrobe to match with the yellow hat and orange shoes that were the boy's prizes.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • lespritdescalierlespritdescalier Registered Users 66 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    It's fun to see how people are styling this weekend's Balmain dress.

8Rws9R9.jpg
    wH6iTUV.jpg

aw, this is so cool! everybody looks so lovely. i'm bottom right! thank you for including me <3. i've almost got the boots just now. figures we get an extra day on a weekend where i've been plugging along nicely. only three more parties to go for me! do you guys ever add up how many more parties you'll need to do? i'm sort of obsessive about it, and i don't even like math! what is this game doing to me.
    Just finished the event, yay! For some reason this one felt so much easier to finish than all the others.
    aw, this is so cool! everybody looks so lovely. i'm bottom right! thank you for including me <3. i've almost got the boots just now. figures we get an extra day on a weekend where i've been plugging along nicely. only three more parties to go for me! do you guys ever add up how many more parties you'll need to do? i'm sort of obsessive about it, and i don't even like math! what is this game doing to me.

I always do that with gigs.
  • Brandon Lee SantosBrandon Lee Santos Registered Users 44 Posts
    I don't know why but I only got the weekend event none of the tasks or goals that usually comes with it, then in my iPad I haven't received the event
    ChristyKay wrote: »
    Just finished the event, yay! For some reason this one felt so much easier to finish than all the others.
    Easier?? This one seems to be going a lot slowly for me, does anyone else always feel like the gigs go extra slow, or it takes longer to do?
    For the game that got no bonus items, I am not frantic. For the first time, there is a lot of time to finish, so more people are completing. it. I feel like after months and months of complaining, the weekend Event is once again doable. THe 2 games that bought gift boxes have finished this evening, the last one will finish tomorrow.

So Thank you Glu. People are enjoying the event again, and that is huge in my eyes. :)

It takes a while, to inch closer and closer, but I know it's doable.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • MauveyMauvey Registered Users 157 Posts
    Sorry I'm late to the party. I didn't feel like grinding a lot this weekend so I just got to the dress.

image_zpsiwk5razt.jpg~original

I allowed my younger cousin to dress up Ramona with some of the weekends items. Apparently my doll had some plastic surgery.

image_zpsxh4r3rdc.jpg~original
    Okay so I just opened a gift box and i got my 40k-stars back.. Er--thanks?
    Okay so I just opened a gift box and i got my 40k-stars back.. Er--thanks?

ahh that happens to me a lot. But hey at least you get to try again. I think it should be 50 K stars :/
    ChristyKay wrote: »
    ahh that happens to me a lot. But hey at least you get to try again. I think it should be 50 K stars :/
    True, but that was really a bad experience since that was my first time opening a gift box.
    Whoa, okay I think things are getting easier --like side gigs, hm I could get used to this.
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    It took me forever to get the purse but yeah... I finally earned it!

24b1a50.jpg

btw, I can't get Nicki Minaj's Anaconda lyrics about wearing Balmain out of my mind. I'm glad I gots mine without the salad, thank you.

Speaking of Balmain, did y'all see the fashion show? I love the clothes!!!

GC: Zoë Strange
    I have boots for all three games, and it's Sunday morning, and there is still a day and a half to go. This is wonderful.
    Thank you Glu!
    I feel like they got the whole thing about relaxing it for us. Yesterday afternoon I realized I could just relax, enjoy life a little, and I had plenty of time to finish. At that moment, I started playing a little more. I got to spend 5 minutes in the Dressing Room trying different hair and jewelry with my new clothing items. Before it was just tap as fast as I could, plowing through the parties not selecting guests, but just tapping the next in line. Now, I'm selecting who goes in what room in Calabasas. In short, I'm playing, I'm not just tapping till I get things. And it felt great. i spent a lot of Stars for the iPad, and one Android, but the game that spent no money on stars, finished a little later. I think I'll take my hubby out for Chinese Food today. I have time to do something besides scrambling for the outfit.

;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Yeah I finished the event!

In general I finish the event on the afternoon of Sunday, but today I could earlier:)

I'm happy with the event and agree with you Koko, it's great to breathe and enjoy the game.

The parties returned to be interesting to do, the gigs of the weekend had a short space between them and were rewarding and the extra day made life easier for all of us!

Thank you Glu to hear our requests!

Women's items are wonderful, we men still need more attention to feel more gratified by devoting our time to grind, I believe we just need a little more balance between girls and boys items to don't generate conflict in the theme of the event .
    JCSNA29.jpg?1
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Yay! I'm done!!! Now I can finally rest! My fingers feel numb...lol!
    Screenshot_2015_08_09_13_52_31.png
    upload pics
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

My doll looks stylish wearing her new wardrobe. 👗👢👜👚
    KKH_Screenshot_1439143731342.jpg
    upload gambar
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

Lovely Looks everyone . I've been playing with different outfits with the boots. I don't usually wear bags, but the boots and bag.........they are so perfect together.

I finished this morning, and actually spent time with my Hubby. The pace was so very much more relaces. And look at the time left. I was so afraid for the game that had no bonus items, but she finished this morning.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary