VIP Memberhip - What do we know?

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I'm merging this with the other in General Discussion. :) And i want to know what is meant by better Gift box items, and a chance at VIP items.?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    I'm merging this with the other in General Discussion. :) And i want to know what is meant by better Gift box items, and a chance at VIP items.?

Maybe they'll add new clothes just for VIPs and we will get like a "VIP giftbox" everyday along with the daily giftbox..? Idk.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • ChristyKayChristyKay Registered Users 73 Posts
    I hope it means no more 4000 cash boxes on the weekends :D
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Daphy wrote: »
    I'm sorry but who the hell is paying 20 a month for a game?! It's certainly not worth it

Most mmorpgs require a monthly subscription. Meaning you HAVE to pay to play. There's a huge one in particular that I don't think I can mention because of forum rules, but WOW.

With that being said, I think there are many people that would purchase this subscription, including me. :)
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts
    I just don't want to remove perks I already have. Like no ads, what if the membership gets rid of it once finished.
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    That's a good point, Mauve. I'd like to be able to watch the video ads for free K stars as well. I still can't do it on my phone, so I have to take advantage with my iPad.
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • TaddyXCTaddyXC Registered Users 47 Posts
    I'd have to see the benefits of it and exactly what some of you said, what would I be losing as well. I easily spend 20$/mth on this game so I would get s membership in a heartbeat if it was worth it. Probably would save me money in the long run LOL!!!
    Just as long as things didn't start to cost more K stars or anything like that. I always get nervous that you don't get something that good without consequences!!!

But yeah if they made it available for IOS iPhone I'd do it! Judge away ......:p
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    So have anyone eventually contacted Glu about it?
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Oh my gosh eselletea your post made me laugh :D

'Better gift box items' probably means you get $4500 kcash instead of $4000
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Daphy wrote: »
    I'm sorry but who the hell is paying 20 a month for a game?! It's certainly not worth it
    wow. The tone of your message sounds a bit condescending to me.

I actually spend way more than that on a weekly basis each event & I would gladly welcome this offer if it ever pops up on my iOS. Actually most active members here buy their kstars. There was a time I watched videos for kstars & although I miss it, I don't miss the ads interrupting my game at all.

People that pay to play should not be shamed for their decision to do so, just my two cents. If you meant no offense then please forgive me & ignore this rant. Thanks.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts
    Hm, since I deleted my old save game and started over it makes me wonder if I have the option for a membership, because the last time I checked I couldn't watch videos on it.
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Is this roughly 6 bucks of savings? Hmm, what happens when there is a Kstars sale? I can't remember, are those sales 30% off?

By the way I spend waaaay more than 20 bucks on games (not only kkh) per month. Now I feel bad about myself... lol.
    PM to add
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    By the way I spend waaaay more than 20 bucks on games (not only kkh) per month. Now I feel bad about myself... lol.

Don't feel bad about it! Some people spend their money on parties, others on food, and others on games. Whatever makes you happy is the right thing, as long as you can still pay your bills :D
  • natchulanatchula Registered Users 135 Posts
    Chanrin wrote: »
    So have anyone eventually contacted Glu about it?

I did, yesterday. But no reply just yet. I will let everyone know what they say when they do reply back.
    add me on GC; natbchula
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Is this roughly 6 bucks of savings? Hmm, what happens when there is a Kstars sale? I can't remember, are those sales 30% off?

I don't see a savings. What am I missing? The regular 220Stars is 20$. I would like to know exactly what it entails and since I've already bought stars my ads have been removed. So how does taking and then perhaps cancelling the VIP membership do to the ads. What are the special things in the gift boxes? Do NOT feel bad about paying for an enhanced game.

I do think the offer is for new people who haven't made purchases.

And Nai - thanks for sending in the question. I will eagerly await the response.

But seriously, what other people spend money on is none of anyone's business. Would you be chastised if you said you spent 100$ a week on a carton of cigarettes? Or going to a Botex Party. Or going clubbing. I spend more than 20 on the games. But i also give bags of food to food banks, if it makes me happy, I equate it to going into Game Stop and dropping easily 80$ for a PlayStation game. But in GameStop or BestBuy I don't get the sense of Community I get here. So it's fine to post that you're aghast at the thought of paying 20 a month on the game, but to wonder about the people who do support the game is out. And, if it weren't for the people supporting the game, I don't think the freeplayers would have anything to play.
    #DontMockUsThank Us. :) (Said in a very lighthearted tongue-in-cheek manner. :) )
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    See, now if the VIP club included a discount on additional Star purchases, I would find a way to make it happen. Now, If it gets the funding through itunes or GooglePlay, I fund those accounts with giftcards. Would I have to hook up a credit card so it could automatically draw? That will not work with mr. ComputerHead. I'm not about to let him know what I spend pin money on. A recurring charge for this game will NOT be appreciated. And it would tie my hands. But, as long as I keep 20 in the account each month I could do that.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    There isn't a savings? The pic shows 220 for 19.99, the regular is 220 for 25.98.

Oh wait... must be the currency thing lol.

Then if that's the case, the only special thing about this membership is "better daily gifts" and "a chance for unique VIP items" which we don't exactly full understand.
    PM to add
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    IF there were definite "perks" to a VIP membership, I would do it. But I need more data than vague claims of better gift boxes and ability to purchase special items.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    I'm anxious to see how Customer Care responds. I'm thinking perhaps games that haven't purchased stars are getting it? Maybe it's just new games? If nothing else, and the offer doesn't apply (or appear) to most of us, perhaps seeing this thread with all the interest might make them offer it across the board.

And, I have to say this update totally surprised me about the 2nd baby. And now this VIP Membership? It makes me wonder what other wonderful surprises they have in store for the future. Oh my can you imagine having a baby carrier you can choose like a purse. I'd love that. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    My android game never purchased any stars, and didn't get this offer.
    PM to add
    Ok then I'm thinking New accounts?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • natchulanatchula Registered Users 135 Posts
    Still no reply from Glu. I'm pretty sure they see the giant hoorah that I've created! They would have to make it available for everyone at this point lol. As for my sister's game, she has restarted several times before so it's not fresh-off-the-bat NEW, like you are suggesting Koko. I really don't know.. I'm clueless just like everyone and don't know why spefically my sisiter's game has this offer. It could be a study trial type of thing like I've said before? Only a select few get to try it out and if it's successful among that group that only then will it become available to others.

Think about it. They have to test the waters before making the jump. If they made this available to everyone without testing the jinks, it will become a HUGE mess everyone (getting over-charged, not receiving the starts monthly, exclusive items not really exclusive, etc) and then they would have to dissolve the whole idea and knowing how much Glu loves making profit (and who wouldn't) that wouldn't be so beneficial to them.
    add me on GC; natbchula
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    I so want this offer.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • ChristyKayChristyKay Registered Users 73 Posts
    I would definietly be interested if it was paid for through our iTunes account, so I could pay with gift cards. I really wouldn't want to have it connected to a credit card. And I'd want to know more about the "perks" to see if it was really worth it.
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I think the VIP program could be very successful for Glu IF they put together a smart package. It cousld also help maintain customers at KKH when the new games hit the market.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    I think I'd probably be likely to get it too. I haven't seen the offer either though. Hopefully we get some info about it soon!!
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
  • JustinMJustinM Registered Users 47 Posts
    I saw that some people had a new starshop interface and a deal that said you would get better daily giftbox items and VIP items, my starshop interface did not change is it maybe because I already bought k stars? I find it unfair we don't get the VIP subscription and some people do.
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    I don't have it either. I've been a player since the game started. I hope we get it!
    iOS
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    Me neither.. But I really want it though!
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    You could also try searching and reading threads about the same topic. No one from Glu has said anything about this either so I wouldn't exactly say unfair.