Options

Benefits from VIPs attending gigs?

Comments

• Options
    hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    As the screencap says, you have to do more hang-outs prior to the gig to get the rewards. Hopefully more VIPs will be added in the future.

7fOUl0K.jpg
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Thanks for posting it hoodstar.

From what I can gather there is a small percentage of success like when we were playing Pokémon Red & Blue and tried to catch a Pikachu in Viridian Forest, we knew it was there, but we had to face 1 billion of Caterpie / Weedle before we find it.

So naturally the more attempts we make with VIPs bigger are the chances. But is it worth?

The "close friend" status make us spend an entire bar of energy during the hang out, but the chances of winning a prize are still very small, with this energy we can maximize the relationship with a real friend or a NPC and receive some rewards ... I just hang out with the Kardashian sisters because the prize is k-stars.

It would be interesting to be an increase in the chance to receive prizes and all VIPs give k-stars.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    I used a lot celebrities and I NEVER recieved any bonus :(
  • Options
    LxtwnLxtwn Registered Users 56 Posts
    I've only received a 5 kstars bonus once, and it was from Kim. Currently I'm friends with her, Kourtney and Khloe.
  • Options
    ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    I'm not even bothering anymore with VIPS orz
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • Options
    ponylatteponylatte Registered Users 170 Posts
    I thought it was just me!
    Think I'm gonna drop the vip hangouts, it's not worth my energy. -_-
    Call me Pony ^_^
  • Options
    ChristyKayChristyKay Registered Users 73 Posts
    I got 5 kstars from Kim once, but thats it. I stopped using VIPs because you have to spend energy to use them and theres never any payout
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I will keep trying to invite VIPs to my gigs. I'm already friends with Kourtney and Kris but I still didn't receive any rewards from them.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Julia6taJulia6ta Registered Users 13 Posts
    I received 15 k-stars from kim. It was when i became close friends with her.
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I didn't receive any rewards until I reached "Close Friend " status with Kim, Kourtney and Khloe.

Kim = 15 K Stars x 2
    Kourt = 7 K Stars x 1
    None from Khloe yet.

I stopped using Kendall & NeNe bcuz I'm already at max fans.

I guess they [Kendall and NeNe ]would be beneficial for players doing comebacks or who are on lower levels.

I've never used any other VIPs, bcuz it doesn't seem logical.

Why would I use my full bar of energy to to hangout with a VIP who might give me energy when I call them for a project?

Plus I've been getting loads of $4,000 gift boxes so no need for a VIP to give me more K Kash... Lol

It's also a pain in the a$$ hanging out with a VIP before starting a specific gig (like Khloe on photoshoots) and when u begin the gig you can't even invite the VIP nor a contact. So dumb

Maybe Glu thought adding a VIP achievement would entice player to use them more...

PhotoGrid_1440296901141_zpsrgkcjbk3.jpg
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    SarahUKSarahUK Registered Users 59 Posts
    I'm glad it's not just me, I'm at Bestie status with Kim & Close Friend with Khloe but I've stopped inviting them because I've never had any rewards from them
    Game Centre name: NickieSault, A+++ List, KKH Currently on Level 62
  • Options
    KerriKerri Registered Users 22 Posts
    I have not gotten anything. I don't even use them anymore. Too bad it was a good idea but zero payback like I get from my NPC
  • Options
    hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    I knew it would pay off eventually because my doll recieved her k-stars. I always use the VIPs because it feels somewhat realistic and of course it felt sensible to invite one of the Kardashians to the Kardash launch.

67Ny8hl.png

• Options
    kri_kbkri_kb Registered Users 73 Posts
    Hey dolls. Have you ever been earn a free K stars or other stuff from VIP's? Just interesting, because I thought that it's useless, until today when I finally get a 15 K stars from Kim 

image.jpg
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    You are lucky!

I never got anything from those VIPs :D
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    I've only tried twice, but now that I know it may work, I'll be trying over and over again.. lol. I need K-stars!

Thanks for posting this!
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    It's some kind of mystery. I was ready to post my negative thread about that this thing doesn't work and.. voilà I got a K-stars. Lol :D
  • Options
    You're welcome:) You should try to use it more often. Those VIP's help to finish a 3 hours project a little bit faster then ordinary NPC's
  • Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    I've never got anything extra and I e tried the VIP's about 10 times. Disappointing.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    BobbieM wrote: »
    I've never got anything extra and I e tried the VIP's about 10 times. Disappointing.

As you can see we become a close friend with Kim and only after that I've got a reward. Until today I was sure that this thing doesn't work at all. So maybe you should give a second chance for VIP hangout and co-star somebody in your project? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    The chances of receiving something of VIPs is very small.

I use the Kardashian sisters often, I'm 'bestie' with the three of them and always wait their special action button reappear during the gigs, yet I only received once the k -stars in five months since this feature was added.

I became 'bestie' with Kim today, I realized that the time to call her for a gig was just 3h, but it should be 24h!

Can someone confirm if it's right or if it was a glitch in my game?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    LckynickiLckynicki Registered Users 105 Posts
    Lucky I try 19 times and still no luck!
    Piglet: “How do you spell love?”
    Pooh: “You don’t spell it, you feel it.”
  • Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    kri_kb wrote: »
    As you can see we become a close friend with Kim and only after that I've got a reward. Until today I was sure that this thing doesn't work at all. So maybe you should give a second chance for VIP hangout and co-star somebody in your project? :rolleyes:

But I have to spend K Stars to use them. I've spent already my last 30 K Stars on Kim and nada. She has maybe given me a few energy but I never got anything near what was worth 30 K Stars. ☹
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    BobbieM wrote: »
    But I have to spend K Stars to use them. I've spent already my last 30 K Stars on Kim and nada. She has maybe given me a few energy but I never got anything near what was worth 30 K Stars. ☹

You need to use the VIP button at home to invite them. After you hung out with them, you can use a VIP for a gig within 24 hours. For free xD
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I've used the Kardashian sisters before for the hang outs but now I'm on a break lol

I never received any kstars from them. 😕
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi, with the new moderatioin systems, I catch a lot of things for approval now. So, I approved one this weekend, that said something about playing with VIPs, and it was a good post. I lost it now, it's somewhere here, but I started taking the poster's advice. I just did a hangout with Kim. I had full energy, what the heck. The voting event didn't hold me back, so.....I called her to hang out in Mexico. I was a little annoyed that she went everywhere with me, except the nursery. I really wanted her to meet the kids. Anyway, was I surprised when the hour long hangout was over way too soon. We had fun, and I hadn't spent much energy at all. (OK bad mod. tries a new thing forgets to count. Please don't make that a meme with one of my dolls like I did to Luz when she lost her wedding ring down the male stripper's thong.)

Anyway, hangout over really quickly. I still had enough energy, I tapped a couple of pets, got just a little more, and called her into a 3 hour gig with me. Wow. I was impressed. I finished that gig in a flash, and still had energy to hope for a 1 hour date at oak. I lucked out, also got the expensive wine right off the bat, and finished my date for the day. All on one full energy, a couple of taps, and a little bit of luck. :)

Now my interest was peeked. So today, I had all 3 games do a hangout, the other 2 with Kim, the one with Kim yesterday hung out with Khloe. However......now I used my VIP for an 8 hour gig. And...I could easily and leisurely do the gig over the course of a few hours, and somewhere around the 2 hour mark (a little less actually I think) Kim's super power returned, so I took that special Break the internet again. And again. So, while I'm earning energy, I'm pulling enough of her star power to complete a lot of the gig, and save up energy at the same time.

So, that's what I've been doing. It's like a game within a game. How to most effectively use this gem of a tool that's been under our noses for so long, and gets very little positive spin.

So, let's share about it. ANd, if you haven't tried it, give it a shot. Especially now that we have the lull before the next Weekend Event.;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    miragemirage Registered Users 35 Posts
    BobbieM do you host parties? I tried one today and made a nice pile of money......mine was on the plane so I hope it's the same in houses or apts. So far I haven't used Kim for events, but she has just popped up a few times. I'm only on level 13 so I'm sure I have a lot more to learn.
  • Options
    Lulu01Lulu01 Registered Users 256 Posts
    I read somewhere that you need to use their action at least 3 times during the one event. I mean photoshoots/modeling/shooting etc etc. But I don't know if it's true. I am already best friend with Kim and never received anything.
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    I may try this today, since all my gigs are available in 24h and I'm stuck at home with stomach bug.
    I never really understood this hangout with VIP thing lol
    My doll is pretty busy doing gigs ( I think I'm behind with the storyline) and I never have enough time to try these hangouts
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I played with VIPs when it first came out. I used to prep a bunch of them right before the weekend events where I know it's gig event for sure. They give a lot of stars, but they recharge slower, not 1 hour like the friend actions. I can't remember, was it 2 hours? or 3 hours?

I stopped, ever since we couldn't predict what kind of events it will be. Maybe I'll start over, I totally forgot about this feature.

And one time I did a hangout and then a gig, that VIP (can't remember who) had a countdown timer of like over 100 hours til the next time I could invite her for a hangout. Real VIP. I think it was a glitch, it's usually 24 hours isn't it?
    PM to add