Still Wondering: HOW do we Transfer our Games from one Android Device to a New One...

WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
I've read the archived posts... I've asked in the forums... Soooo many players have lost their games... no one knows how to transfer their games safely anymore.. not even the most tech savy KKH players.

So once & for all.. a definitive answer... please!!!

How do we transfer our games????

Apparently Glu has done something that makes transferring KKH impossible, yet Stardom still can be saved via USB Cable & then transferred as a file to your new phone or tablet... but after the last few months of updates KKH does NOT transfer... I've read outraged players ranting over losing their games because Glu won't let you keep your game, if you get a new device. Its outrageous.

I'm playing on a tablet that is nearly 3 years old. I am a legitimate player who owns every home, fully furnished, every single pet, tons of special event clothes & hairstyles, a baby, a full wardrobe, etc... I have over 500 K Stars & 500K in game cash saved. I wrote Glu, asking them what I can do to ensure the safety of my game.. which I've spent hundreds of hours & hundreds of dollars of real money on. My game, to replace at this point... would definitely be worth a couple thousand dollars.. and MANY of my items couldn't be replaced.. as they are special event items I worked hard for, that are not available for sale!!!

I wrote Glu a ticket, offering to send a detailed email, with screenshots proving the legitimacy & current status of my game. I waited 3 weeks... & received a generic response. It's mindboggling to me. I've invested so much time & money into something that I cannot safeguard... or transfer to a new device. Why is it like this?

Where do we get answers?

Thank-you.
Prev1

Comments

• ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    The answer remains the same... it's impossible. Here's the most recent thread about the topic
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?169138-Don-t-uninstall-or-transfer-your-game
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    I feel your pain Wish. The phone I play on is pretty old and I am so afraid of losing my game. I have put hundreds of $ of real money into it, not to mention all my time spent. I have every single weekend event outfit since the beginning! If I were to lose my game, I would not even bother starting again. Glu really should make it a top priority to work on this.
    iOS
  • WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
    AliBryant wrote: »
    I feel your pain Wish. The phone I play on is pretty old and I am so afraid of losing my game. I have put hundreds of $ of real money into it, not to mention all my time spent. I have every single weekend event outfit since the beginning! If I were to lose my game, I would not even bother starting again. Glu really should make it a top priority to work on this.

This is disgusting customer service. The link above states that games cannot be transferred, you just need to start over. "We apologize for any inconvenience".. seriously? That's it!? Thanks for all your time, loyalty & money.. but you're SOL in other words!

Why can we transfer Stardom then? Its a Glu game. Because no one plays it anymore & they don't care if you transfer it. Glu knows that in this day & age, ppl upgrade their phones & tablets constantly... therefore they'll make more money if players have to restart & repurchase everything, every time they change devices. In the short term this seems like a good business move, it will bring in more revenue. But customer satisfaction is hitting all time lows. The sheer hatred for the company online is staggering. I can't imagine why a company would chose that. Shocking.

You are 100% correct.. Glu should make it a top priority to fix this. We know they can very quickly & effectively fix problems in the game, when they choose to! Perez Hilton was removed completely. Hacked games no longer get weekend events. Modded games have had their cash & stars removed. Other glitches & bugs are swiftly rectified. But loyal paying customers don't matter. And of course there is NO phone number to call & no way to speak to someone with any authority.... clearly they don't care.

Unreal.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Wish this is really very frustrating and it's the thing that I'm most afraid that happens after all this time playing this game.

I really prefer to believe that this is a temporary situation and it will be resolved, there are so many games of celebrities coming and it's likely that the number of players increases, can't see Glu being so careless about to throw this good deal out of the window .
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Hi Vats :)

Well... the thing is... up until a few months ago, KKH *was* transferrable between devices. So I doubt its something temporary. Its something NEW, that was added, like all the other bug fixes, etc... to make sure that we will not be able transfer the game. I kick myself for not transferring the file when you still could.

I can't get over this, what company would want so much animosity building daily towards them? I've never in my life encountered a company with such little respect for customer loyalty. I have a business background & this situation confounds me. Glu will make money in the short term, but in the end... this will prove to be a terrible business move.
    P.S. If any of my friends here, are on Google+... send me a quick message & say hi! I think some of you may already be G+ friends with me. I see some profiles that *seem* like they may be ppl I know, in G+ communities... but I'm not sure!!

thanx ;)
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    It's so stupid that we can't transfer our games. If my phone gets broken and I can't transfer it to a new device, I'm never ever gonna put a single touch on this game again. I worked way too hard for my game.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I'm changing my phone in 1-2 months and this transferring of game is getting me worried. If I can't transfer (I'm not gonna keep an old phone just to play KKH) then I guess KKH is over for my android game. I don't understand why this hasn't been fixed til now. This should have been the number one thing on their list when the game was first created. Where's their server? Are our games not backed up on a server or something?
    PM to add
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I don't understand why this hasn't been fixed til now. This should have been the number one thing on their list when the game was first created. Where's their server? Are our games not backed up on a server or something?

ALL Excellent Quesions!!

It isn't something they haven't "fixed" though...it always worked before. KKH was transferable for a long time, my best friend transferred her game from her phone to a brand new tablet a few months ago. She used to use a USB Cable to copy the file & back up her game on a routine basis. Suddenly, she couldn't do that anymore. Glu is now confirming that if you upgrade or switch devices... too bad, your game is lost.

Nice upgrade Glu... how about go after hacked games & leave loyal customers alone.
    Cherrey wrote: »
    It's so stupid that we can't transfer our games. If my phone gets broken and I can't transfer it to a new device, I'm never ever gonna put a single touch on this game again. I worked way too hard for my game.

I completely agree... worse than starting over & repurchasing all my pets, homes & vehicles.. would be losing all the special event items, that I couldn't buy back! I've also completed all three comebacks, losing my 43 Energy would suck!

Glu.. are you reading these comments, or all the horrible feedback on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google Play???

Does anyone care?
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Up until the Android OS upgrade in April, the game files were saved in regular backup. I used Kies, but just copying the files over to your own drive backed up the game. The Operating System changed, and that caused the problem. I took this from the FAQ
    https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/?s=general&f=i-changed-devices-can-i-transfer-my-old-game-to-my-new-device
    I changed devices. Can I transfer my old game to my new device?

The savegame for this title is saved on the device only; there are no server-side saves for the game, so it cannot be played on more than one device, or be transferred from one device to another. One needs to either continue play on the device to which the game was installed, or start anew on one's new device. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

I agree that we put so much into the game, they should enable us to save and back up the games somewhere. Maybe they thought we'd toss a couple of bucks in, and forget it. I don't think they envisioned the life of it's own, the game has become. I'm not going to spend 400$ on a purse, knowing the purse could just disappear one day.

If they give us the ability to have our games safeguarded, we'd probably pour more cash into the game, knowing it was safe and wouldn't vanish.
    One of our friends here, believes the games are able to be saved, but I don't think he wants to post it anymore. Alk plays iOS, but it stands to reason, that in theory it would work on Android as well, the instructions would just change a little to adapt for the different system. I'll look around for that post. It might be up in "Don't uninstall your game" I forgot the exact wording of the thread, but it's a sticky in FAQ.

I completely agree, if they want us to spend money in the game, let us save our game. But if it was the OS that caused this, can Glu workaround it? Maybe instead of asking for designer clothes, and the ability to delete contacts, we should focus and make this the number one thing we ask for. Maybe someone could organize a well thought out Statement about it, and start a petition. Maybe we can even get outside players to sign up just to sign the petition. A lot of us are in other outside groups, we could pass along the message and the link.

Sure, we got 50something names for the petition about the 4000$ giftboxes, but this issue makes that issue look unimportant and trifling. I think if we pass along the link, (don't spam it, but you can tell your friends, and any KKH Groups you're in) we might get enough people behind it that Glu just might start looking into ways to save and backup the game. Someone start a petition? I can't think of anything else besides Alk's untested plan, and the petition. And you know what gets me, just before the update, I talked a player through the android transfer, and when it worked she was so happy, and I felt great that I could help save a game. Then Bam, new OS and we're skrewed. ;(
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Oh okay, so there was an update that destroyed the ability to transfer games. And they're saying "Sorry for the inconvenience". Well fix that inconvenience!

Hmm... Should there be a petition for this? I feel that this isn't a case of to do or not to do. This is such a crucial thing, it's the core of the game. They have to fix it regardless of the presence of a petition, or how many people joined the petition or what not.
    PM to add
    A petition is a great idea, but they MUST already know how unbelievably upset players are. The feedback online is scathingly brutal, everywhere!!! I'm convinced that this wasn't an "unintentional mishap" that occurred with upgrades. Its a way to make more money & it will backfire.

The fact that sending in a ticket asking for help, takes 3 WEEKS to garner a form letter response is insanity. I am convinced that they dont care. There is NO way to get in touch with a real person. They dont fix the problem or respond to negative feedback because they dont have to! They know that ppl will continue to play the game. There is no accountability. Perez is gone in a flash, hackers K Stars disappear like magic.. but we can't save the games that we've PAID for!!!

Crazy.

koko... you are 100% correct... I've already spent more real money on this game then I'd like to admit, but that's *Only* because I know that I'm going to eventually LOSE my investment!!! If I KNEW that my game was SAFE... I'd buy K Stars ALL the time.
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I recently purchased a new phone. My old one has a huge cracked screen and shuts down without warning, but it still works for the most part.

I dreaded even attempting to transfer my game. All my files, pictures, games, apps, music, playlist and contacts everything transferred seamlessly except KKH.

I went as far as reaching out to Google Play & Andriod help desks. And I was told Glu developers implemented a non save cloud (some technical terms) thing and there's no way to transfer the game. It's not only KKH, it some of Glu's "macho" men games too.

Only way to transfer "save files" is through Glu.

Im waiting to hear back from Glu. I'm holding on too hope that they will change this asap. I'm a legit player and I added up all my Google Play receipts for this game and I actually started crying lol

... As of now I have 2 phones so I can continue to play KKH and not feel like I'm throwing money away.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    I recently purchased a new phone. My old one has a huge cracked screen and shuts down without warning, but it still works for the most part.

I dreaded even attempting to transfer my game. All my files, pictures, games, apps, music, playlist and contacts everything transferred seamlessly except KKH.

I went as far as reaching out to Google Play & Andriod help desks. And I was told Glu developers implemented a non save cloud (some technical terms) thing and there's no way to transfer the game. It's not only KKH, it some of Glu's "macho" men games too.

Only way to transfer "save files" is through Glu.

Im waiting to hear back from Glu. I'm holding on too hope that they will change this asap. I'm a legit player and I added up all my Google Play receipts for this game and I actually started crying lol

... As of now I have 2 phones so I can continue to play KKH and not feel like I'm throwing money away.

Wow!!

Thanks very much for sharing this.

Good for you, don't give up!!!

Good Luck :)
    I finished reading DMV Doll's post. I sat back and said Wow. Then I scrolled down and saw that was Wish's reaction too. I think that's going to be everyone's reaction.
    I think it's time for us to stop asking for more nail polish and focus on the only thing that matters. Saving our games. Sell THAT for a monthly fee and see how fast people sign up.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Wish wrote: »
    Wow!!

Thanks very much for sharing this.

Good for you, don't give up!!!

Good Luck :)

Np... If anything changes I'll be sure to post it. I'm staying positive and hope (pray) Glu helps me.

I didn't say anything b4 bcuz I was pretty devastated.

Koko... I 100% agree :)

Andriod player
  • kkhlexikkhlexi Registered Users 38 Posts
    I really hope this gets taken care of soon. I have to switch wireless providers soon and I can't even express the amount of anxiety I have over losing this game.

I would be incredibly devastated if I lost all of my progress. I lost months worth of progress when my last phone broke, I couldn't even touch the game for a month except to go in and realize how much I actually lost l. It was very discouraging. It took me months to get back on track and right now my doll is better than ever so I'm glad I continued playing it but now I'm terrified I'm going to lose everything that I have to the point where I don't even want to buy anything in game anymore and rely on events for clothing and accessories.

I don't want to continue putting my money into a came that I can't even save. I used to purchase kstars all the time until I lost my game, now I'm a lot more wary about doing so so I'll only spend about $10 a month now.
    No cheats, no hacks. :o
    Android - message me to add me on GooglePlay
    I finished reading DMV Doll's post. I sat back and said Wow. Then I scrolled down and saw that was Wish's reaction too. I think that's going to be everyone's reaction.
    I think it's time for us to stop asking for more nail polish and focus on the only thing that matters. Saving our games. Sell THAT for a monthly fee and see how fast people sign up.

Amen to that.
    kkhlexi wrote: »
    I don't want to continue putting my money into a game that I can't even save. I used to purchase kstars all the time until I lost my game, now I'm a lot more wary about doing so so I'll only spend about $10 a month now.

Amen to this as well... but are they listening? Do they care? Time will tell.

I'd invest so much more money into my game, if I knew it was safe.

Glu?
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    It broke my heart to read DMV's testimony.

Wish you're right! I think I've been deluding myself lately.

I've been holding my feelings to don't seem a boring and bitter person especially now that I came to good terms with the game after a critical period because of the incident with Brad's hair and babies' eyes color swap that left me very angry.

But I can't help but be outraged by this situation! Come on Glu do something for us that we don't need come here and humiliating ourselves in front of you asking for something as basic as save a game.:mad:

We are in 2015 not in the 80s!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Everyone here is amazing and great... We've been loyal customers in spite of growing frustrations about the game. I hope Glu realizes that and makes adjustments accordingly.

On a lighter note... I love my new phone :D

I got the Galaxy S6 Edge+

The screen is huge, but I love it.

Can wait to play my current KKH gams on it... Hint hint

Andriod player
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Everyone here is amazing and great... We've been loyal customers in spite of growing frustrations about the game. I hope Glu realizes that and makes adjustments accordingly.

On a lighter note... I love my new phone :D

I got the Galaxy S6 Edge+

The screen is huge, but I love it.

Can wait to play my current KKH gams on it... Hint hint

DMV_DOLL, that's a smart move that you're playing KKH game from your old phone. I agree that Glu should work on transferring games to new devices. But I don't understand why Glu is making it so difficult and impossible to transfer the game from an old phone to a new phone. I would hate to lose my progress and start all over again from scratch. But anyways I have no plans of switching to a new phone. I love samsung galaxy avant. I have no problem with storage space and it's kinda like a tablet because I can download lots of apps without it getting too full. I think that it's the best phone that I have so far.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

I'm so happy that people are feeling strong & safe enough to voice their very legitimate concerns!! This is awesome, its only in being honest & direct, that we'll effect any changes. Wanting things to be fair, doesn't mean that we're bitter or angry people!!

What should we do? Sending a ticket to Glu did nothing for me. I'm encouraged with DMV Doll following up & holding them to a resolution. I'm anxious to find out what they say. I'm so scared they're just going to say, the classic "Sorry for the inconvenience" BS again... a friend of mine on G+ lost her legit game due to a glitch & all they would do is refund her the value of her Google Play receipts. She got 600 K Stars back but lost all her homes, pets, event items & in game cash. She was DEVASTATED. Still is, she rarely posts anymore. I can't believe how much time & effort I've invested into this game. I never expected to care so much.

Koko do you have any connections?
    Anyone have any ideas what we should do?

Just think, there are only a few of us here airing our feelings.. but there are THOUSANDS of silent players, worried & feeling the same way that we do. They need to fix this. I'm scared though guys, it appears that this "fix" was implemented deliberately... & if so, we may be screwed.. no matter how much we b¡tch & moan....

arghhhh :(
    All I can do about this is voice my agreement. I have to be totally addicted to the game or a masochist to play 3 games. I'm not a masochist. But my heart stops every time the game takes an extra couple of seconds to load.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    All I can do about this is voice my agreement. I have to be totally addicted to the game or a masochist to play 3 games. I'm not a masochist. But my heart stops every time the game takes an extra couple of seconds to load.

So you aren't able to talk to anyone at Glu, or get an inside scoop in any way?
    Can you escalate the concern or anything? I have no idea how they run things.
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    But my heart stops every time the game takes an extra couple of seconds to load.

OMG same. I hope Glu notices this, it's actually a big deal. No amount of stars can compensate the effort and time you've dedicated to this game. I know 'cause I've been through this.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    Oh, I meant I don't have connections to make the Officers of Glu, consider it, but Glu does monitor all that goes on here. I suggest the Petition thread. I wish I had that kind of clout. All I can do is brainstorm (don't laugh) try to come up with a good way to present it, and then slip it under the door so to speak I promise you I'll make sure Glu hears our feelings on it. It's already on my notepad. I'll defin try to help. But it's easier to push something through all the way up the chain if it seems organized, and like there is a lot of support behind it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Is anyone starting a petition? I would start it, except I'm not very eloquent lol.
    PM to add
    Oh, I meant I don't have connections to make the Officers of Glu, consider it, but Glu does monitor all that goes on here. I suggest the Petition thread. I wish I had that kind of clout. All I can do is brainstorm (don't laugh) try to come up with a good way to present it, and then slip it under the door so to speak I promise you I'll make sure Glu hears our feelings on it. It's already on my notepad. I'll defin try to help. But it's easier to push something through all the way up the chain if it seems organized, and like there is a lot of support behind it.

That's Awesome.. Thank-you :)

Let's start a petition!!