Weekend Event - 8/28/15 - Star Studded Summer Soiree~ Everybody is a Star

Comments

• Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »
    I can't help myself seeing a monkey face in those gift box shoes :D

Lol those shoes look hideous. I'm glad that I didn't win those shoes but I was so upset when I won that hideous shaggy hairstyle. 😯
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

Why is Glu doing this, not even a simple reward such as k-stars to spend towards the event or just to have for our own use.

Yup it's not fair that we have to earn extra cash for the weekend event. That's why I'm not grinding at all this weekend. It's a V.I.P. event so we're supposed to be earning more k-stars for this week's event.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Why is Glu doing this, not even a simple reward such as k-stars to spend towards the event or just to have for our own use.

You know Danielle, the VIP event doesn't make much sense nowadays.

Previously this type of event was the only way to capture the money of the players in the weekend event, but with the inclusion of the cursed boxes Glu develop a new method to capture money.

Theoretically the weekend gigs serve to help us earn extra points, but in case of VIP event we don't need extra points.

Same thing with the cursed boxes they don't have a role in this type of event because theoretically the clothes contained there help receive extra points to grind and as I said we don't need extra points in this type of event!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • DelphineDelphine Registered Users 70 Posts
    I do find that I gain more fans from the weekend quests though. But for me, it still isn't worth it since I'd rather progress through the storyline.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Delphine wrote: »
    I do find that I gain more fans from the weekend quests though. But for me, it still isn't worth it since I'd rather progress through the storyline.

I agree Delphine. Extra fans from a weekend event are not a "reward" for me.

(Btw, Delphine is a beautiful name!)
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    I purchased a couple pieces of clothing to get me over the 500 k star requirement to win the flokati top.

5sdnLEj.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Chanrin wrote: »
    Spent 10 bucks for the first time on the game for 105 kstars... I must have opened a total of 5 boxes and I still did not get the dress. .. I kinda feel like crying right now :(
    I've been there. And it hurts even more that I chased a virtual dress & got super hideous items like the shag hair & the high waisted harem pant jumpsuit.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    I've been there. And it hurts even more that I chased a virtual dress & got super hideous items like the shag hair & the high waisted harem pant jumpsuit.

I won he shoes (meaningless without the dress), 4000k, 40 kstars, and other wardrobe items (2 or 3 swimsuits I already had in different colors) .... I really wanted that dress... but that'll teach me. My wallet and Glu are breaking up.
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I just leveled up to level 16 and so I got a gig called Kardash Shades? Does this benefit me towards the weekend event?

Yes, it's part of the Weekend event, but does it benefit you? You get paid for the gig. There is no 'payout' after completing the "Event" tasks. It's the new model. On spender weekends, buy things or you get nothing. And as Vats pointed out, the giftbox items don't help in anyway, they are just clothes to get you to buy Gift Boxes.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I was actually contemplating getting a coat and a hairstyle, I went with the hairstyle eventually as it costs 50 KStars exactly. And then in my giftbox... I got the coat! This must be a super lucky weekend for Jax. I would say the gift box items looked pretty darn good, consists mainly K clothing and gift box clothing. I got the best item I would have wanted from all these 7 items, it costs 90 KStars and can't be gifted.

8cAoUPe.png

Here's the new hairstyle I bought for Jax, he's with Moony.
    FucVm93.jpg

And the shoes, sneakers are the way to go, we need one for the ladies here!

wfasmsT.jpg
    PM to add
  • Beyoncé33Beyoncé33 Registered Users 67 Posts
    Why Jax's style is always Perfect ?? He slay everything !! :mad::rolleyes::o

And i agree with you we need a shoe like this for our street style outfit :mad::(
  • Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    Yes, it's part of the Weekend event, but does it benefit you? You get paid for the gig. There is no 'payout' after completing the "Event" tasks. It's the new model. On spender weekends, buy things or you get nothing. And as Vats pointed out, the giftbox items don't help in anyway, they are just clothes to get you to buy Gift Boxes.
    Oh okay. My curiosity is now towards what the next weekend event will be. I think it may be a party event.
    Oh okay. My curiosity is now towards what the next weekend event will be. I think it may be a party event.

I hope that it's a party event too since it's one of my absolute favs weekend event❗❗❗
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

I hope that it's a party event too since it's one of my absolute favs weekend event❗❗❗

I don't care which kind of event it is; I just hope for great clothes, pray for new hairstyles, and beseech the Glu gods to get rid of the 4000 Kash box!!!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    Thanks Beyonce!!

I actually much prefer dating events to party events ever since they screwed with the party settings.

Is anyone able to spread the $4000 KCash petition to the KKH community on instagram? I don't use instagram any more. It'll be very helpful if we can get more people to sign it because Koko has said that Glu is aware of it. They must be monitoring it.
    PM to add
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I don't care which kind of event it is; I just hope for great clothes, pray for new hairstyles, and beseech the Glu gods to get rid of the 4000 Kash box!!!
    I'm getting sick of opening up gift boxes already❗❗❗I'm tired of winning $4000 and clothing from daily gift boxes. And I hate winning hideous items that I will never use on my doll. I think that I hardly ever win special event items anymore since now I'm having bad luck with opening up gift boxes for the weekend events.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    I'm so late but all I got were the shoes which I actually love. I'm ok with gold & black because it actually suits my doll's skin tone.

2csi1pd.jpg

Congratz to everybody who got that cream dress. It's real pretty. I pray to see it at a throwback sale. I mean $ALE, not giftbox. Hear that, Glu?
    GC: Zoë Strange
    I'm with Holly doesn't matter what type of event, I want incredible clothes! And please no more things in plaid, this weekend they put on the shirt under the blue sweater looks like a joke!

Nai you sure was lucky, those Kim's picks are always better than the events items. I'm glad I got those shoes for only 50 k-stars they are a must have for the wardrobe and by far the best item of this weekend.

Zoye great family portrait! A sale is everything I want I need my Brad Pitt's hair and with the cursed boxes my chances are ridiculously low to win.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    I didn't get the dress, unfortunately, I got a daily gift box shoe. But I'm happy enough with Jax's win of the coat! I'm not gonna chase gift box items any more, ever since my failed attempt at the short female hairstyle, I never bought any boxes. They were just full of cash and energy, ugh!

TUvzF6f.jpg

Me and Minne!

IbVDBCK.jpg
    PM to add
    Nai it's for the best don't buy them! As I always say, don't support a bad policy and certainly they will come up with something better to offer!

You and Minne are unrecognizable but still beautiful to make any guy drop dead!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts
    Sadly I didn't get my husband, but it's fine... I haven't been playing often as well.
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
    Vats wrote: »
    I'm with Holly doesn't matter what type of event, I want incredible clothes! And please no more things in plaid, this weekend they put on the shirt under the blue sweater looks like a joke!

Nai you sure was lucky, those Kim's picks are always better than the events items. I'm glad I got those shoes for only 50 k-stars they are a must have for the wardrobe and by far the best item of this weekend.

Zoye great family portrait! A sale is everything I want I need my Brad Pitt's hair and with the cursed boxes my chances are ridiculously low to win.

Vats, I know but I was only saying that party events are my personal favorite events. I don't see anything wrong about that. That's the type of event that I prefer from the rest. There's a million different reasons why I like party events.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

I'm excited to see what the next update will behold. I'm aware of who is joining the game, I'm just curious for what will be new in the wardrobe. I was disappointed with the New Jersey update when we did not get much.. Or was that the San Francisco one...?
    I'm excited to see what the next update will behold. I'm aware of who is joining the game, I'm just curious for what will be new in the wardrobe. I was disappointed with the New Jersey update when we did not get much.. Or was that the San Francisco one...?

I think with the San Francisco update, we didn't get that much clothing inside of our closet. We didn't have that much storyline gigs either.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I totally ignored the Kardash task until now, earned 4 stars on it and it'll finish before the event ends so no grinding. Also I'm 18 parties away from the comeback wooo! :)
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Is anyone able to spread the $4000 KCash petition to the KKH community on instagram? I don't use instagram any more. It'll be very helpful if we can get more people to sign it because Koko has said that Glu is aware of it. They must be monitoring it.

Trev could do it. He's quite famous :p

Same for the guys, a really cute side parting hairstyle would do for me! :o
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    Congrats Charli! Meanwhile I'll be slowly climbing to the top.
    Did anyone did the storyline gig yet when you have to change your look? I'm not sure which fashion designer to choose. I mean does it really matters at this point⁉ I have to chose either elizabeth korkov or misty levin.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    Isn't it part of the event quest ? Anyway I went for Korkov, because Mitsy's calling my doll a best friend but she's never there when needed and I have no chill.

Kim was disappointed with me in the end but that might have been because of my previous choices... (or because one of the gig finished with 2 stars...)
    She said something like "this isn't what I expected"...
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio