~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Me too. I tried to be sneaky playing KKH game but I still got caught by my immediate family playing it. They said that I should be doing something productive in my own life lol.

Exact same words coming from my parents! Thing is, I don't only play KKH as the only game. But I still feel that I'm very productive lol.
    PM to add
  • trufflebuttertrufflebutter Registered Users 441 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Exact same words coming from my parents! Thing is, I don't only play KKH as the only game. But I still feel that I'm very productive lol.
    Parents,, parents duhh :D .. I dont care what they saying about the game and Kardashian family as soon as I'm using their card without them knowing I don't care .. :D
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Speaking of KKH, I'm going to be enrolled in college for the fall semester. It's been awhile but I actaully miss being in school. It kept me occupied and busy before I was even addicted to this game. I'll have to figure out how to balance my schoolwork and this game. I just don't want KKH to keep me distracted from my schoolwork lol.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Congrats about school, that's awesome. You can do it, You can do it. You can do it. Hey, if they have a radio station, check it out. you want bang for your buck worthwhile involvment? Tell me if it's something you might want to do. I won't steer you wrong.

Anyway just popping in, and saying hi. Oh, and my Hubby and son know there are 3 games going at all times. (almost) If they pass a device they'll ask "You need to tap something over here?" But I do still feel a little guilty. My Purse Buddies are mad at me. But they're very forgiving when I pop in. More guilt. But I'm Irish. We have to feel guilty about something. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Congrats about school, that's awesome. You can do it, You can do it. You can do it. Hey, if they have a radio station, check it out. you want bang for your buck worthwhile involvment? Tell me if it's something you might want to do. I won't steer you wrong.

Anyway just popping in, and saying hi. Oh, and my Hubby and son know there are 3 games going at all times. (almost) If they pass a device they'll ask "You need to tap something over here?" But I do still feel a little guilty. My Purse Buddies are mad at me. But they're very forgiving when I pop in. More guilt. But I'm Irish. We have to feel guilty about something. :)

Thanks. I'm going to be studying for my Bachelor degree. I will be transferring to a different school soon since I want to pursue an art career.

I wish that my immediate family played KKH but none of them are interested to play the game. My addition to this game is real lol.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• trufflebuttertrufflebutter Registered Users 441 Posts

You are Irish .. Woow that's soooo cool ..

And one little question .. How u are always offline I want that too :D
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I'll have to figure out how to balance my schoolwork and this game. I just don't want KKH to keep me distracted from my schoolwork lol.

It's not easy. I'll be honest, KKH was one of the reasons I didn't get good grades this semester. But I passed. :p

Lol my parents are the same. But surprisingly, it's only KKH that bothers them. I play other games too. Even get bored and buy new CDs as soon as I finish one, but they never say a word.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • HoneyRavenHoneyRaven Registered Users 145 Posts
    Hi, I'm HoneyRaven, and I'm an addict....

Hubby used to get annoyed at it, now he just laughs at me and pulls out his guitar. Usually whenever I know an update is due, I go a little more above and beyond with the housework (so that there is nothing to pull me away from the update) - hubby refers to that as my 'buying brownie points special' to play the game unhindered, haha - so without me saying a word, he always knows when an updates due.

Hey, I'm a junior member! How did that happen?
    ~ You have your whole life to be old, but you only have a few years to be young ~
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    I'm sure this game has probably ruined a few relationships. :p Heck, I get stink eyes and complaints with my game play alllll the time. I'm a Pisces so naturally I love an escape from real life. I think I'm mostly under control. I honestly think I work too much to be addicted. I mean really how much can I play when I work 10 hour days Monday-Friday and "half days" Saturdays (which is really like 5-7 hours)? I can do maybe one date & one gig on both my games per day. Some days I'm so tired I don't even pick up my devices.

I have seen what a gaming addiction looks like. It's not pretty. I don't know you guys personally but I don't think anyone here is that serious ;)
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    Would it look something like this, Eselletea?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3058932/Woman-claims-Kim-Kardashian-best-friend-playing-reality-star-s-computer-game-30-HOURS.html

The thing that makes me gasp is that she RESTARTS whenever she hits #1!! Noooo!!! Why would you do that??! All those pretty event items!!!
    ~ You have your whole life to be old, but you only have a few years to be young ~
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    30 hours a week, wow! Pretty intense for an app game!

She's lucky her boyfriend is also her boss. I'd be fired. I'm not even allowed to use my cell phone at work, which really annoys me. It's not like I'd be playing kkh all day but most jobs you can at least glance at your phone to reply to a text or pay a bill.

I've personally seen worse than that though when it comes to gaming addiction. I was with this guy for a while and it was literally all he did. He had an IT job so he could play while also working. We lived an hour apart and it was annoying driving there to see him and all he wanted to do was play his stupid online games. I remember he took a week vacation from work and he didn't go anywhere or do anything, he just played his game. His house was disgusting; pizza boxes, empty energy soda cans, and cigarette ashes all around. Then I was really dumb and said yes when he asked me to marry him, and in a true moronic move I also relocated across the U.S. with him. I'm currently not married so you can imagine how that went. :p

Whew I'm sorry that got super real for a second! I apologize if I got too personal. :)
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    No, don't apologise, it's interesting! To tell you the truth, I probably wouldn't have lasted more than a few weeks. If you aren't willing to put anything into a relationship and sit with your head in a game for that amount of time, bye bye. Hubby and I have rules - we each have our own things we love doing - for him, it's playing guitars, watching music vids on YouTube and cooking. For me, it's KKH, books, and needlepoint (as weird as it may be that a 30year old loves needlepoint, my grandmother taught me, it's relaxing and awesome. Judge away ;p). So once the twins are down we get some time to each do what we want, then we cook dinner and eat together, and spend the night doing something together. We balance it pretty well. If it was completely one sided, like you mentioned above, I don't think we would be where we are today.

Tell me you traded up!! :)
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I'm having so much fun reading your stories of clandestinity with the game guys!

Well I grew up playing video games then there is no reason to hide.

But I have some funny stories to share.

My mother always asks if I managed to finish the event and these days she asked me to print a picture of my virtual family to put in a picture frame, so she could tell she also has grandchildren when she's asked about it:rolleyes:

My father one day asked why this game was so special that I was for playing so long ... 'thanks for asking Dad, let me show you ...' so I showed everything that could be done in the game, my clothes, my pets, my house, my husband and daughter ... one hour of quality time with daddy lol

I'm like that, just ask me something if you really are interested!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Vats wrote: »
    I'm having so much fun reading your stories of clandestinity with the game guys!

Well I grew up playing video games then there is no reason to hide.

But I have some funny stories to share.

My mother always asks if I managed to finish the event and these days she asked me to print a picture of my virtual family to put in a picture frame, so she could tell she also has grandchildren when she's asked about it:rolleyes:

My father one day asked why this game was so special that I was for playing so long ... 'thanks for asking Dad, let me show you ...' so I showed everything that could be done in the game, my clothes, my pets, my house, my husband and daughter ... one hour of quality time with daddy lol

I'm like that, just ask me something if you really are interested!

That's a very interesting story Vats. When I grew up, I remembered I wasn't into video games at all. All I played during my childhood was with dolls and stuffed animals. When I was a teenager, I played computer games. Now that I am an adult, it's a whole another story. Technology has made me look at games at a different perspective. I played lots of game apps on my phone. My only weakness is KKH (I am so addicted to it). I think that's the only game that has got me focused on right now. I had doubts to download at first. But I thought to myself hmm...let me just give it a try. After I downloaded the game on my phone, it has got me hooked ever since.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    HoneyRaven wrote: »
    Would it look something like this, Eselletea?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3058932/Woman-claims-Kim-Kardashian-best-friend-playing-reality-star-s-computer-game-30-HOURS.html

The thing that makes me gasp is that she RESTARTS whenever she hits #1!! Noooo!!! Why would you do that??! All those pretty event items!!!
    Oh my... Um... Wow that's just wow. I've been playing since this summer and I have NEVER once reached #1. I wonder what she does for a living.
  • TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    I just wandered in here wondering what this thread was. Now I know lol.

First of all I have to say.... OMG Koko I love love LOVE General Hospital!!! I used to watch All my Children and One Life to Live till they ripped my heart out and cancelled them. Then I started watching General Hospital, and I'm hooked! <33 Can't wait for the Jason storyline to be revealed!!!

I'm also a video game junky. I play Xbox One and Xbox 360. My favorite genre is RPG. But since I started playing KKH I haven't picked up my controller lol. I don't have time for that passion and my new one which is KKH. I've been playing video games for about 20 years now starting on PlayStation then mostly exclusively on the Xbox platform.
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
    I could never sit in front of my television to watch soap operas. I'm such a reality TV junkie lol.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I just wandered in here wondering what this thread was. Now I know lol.

First of all I have to say.... OMG Koko I love love LOVE General Hospital!!! I used to watch All my Children and One Life to Live till they ripped my heart out and cancelled them. Then I started watching General Hospital, and I'm hooked! <33 Can't wait for the Jason storyline to be revealed!!!

Welcome to Apropos of Nothin' where we chat about everything.
    I am also a fan of General Hospital. I started watching it in 1987 when I moved to Germany for the second time. Back then my only option for American television was AFN (Armed Forces Network) and they only carried two soap operas: GH and Guiding Light. I'd watched Guiding Light since "in the womb" so I was thrilled to find it on AFN. It made me so very sad when Guiding Light was canceled. Such a shame. As for the Jason storyline, I want the secret to come out too but I've always really likes the character of Elizabeth and she screwed up big time by hiding his identity.
    Originally posted by Carol Davida: I could never sit in front of my television to watch soap operas. I'm such a reality TV junkie lol.
    I'm a big fan of reality TV too. Funnily enough, several of us KKH addicts are fans of Big Brother and we will chat about it here. My favorite reality show is The Amazing Race but I also love Survivor, Project Runway, The Challenge, So You Think You Can Dance, etc.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    I could never sit in front of my television to watch soap operas. I'm such a reality TV junkie lol.

Haha! Me too! I watch almost every reality tv show there is. Getting ready to watch Kendra on Top right now lol.
    HollySisk wrote: »
    As for the Jason storyline, I want the secret to come out too but I've always really likes the character of Elizabeth and she screwed up big time by hiding his identity.

I'm a big fan of reality TV too. Funnily enough, several of us KKH addicts are fans of Big Brother and we will chat about it here. My favorite reality show is The Amazing Race but I also love Survivor, Project Runway, The Challenge, So You Think You Can Dance, etc.

Yes, I like Elizabeth too. But lately they have made her to man hungry! She seems to cling to ANYTHING that looks her way. And whiney!! And her whole alliance with Nicolas and keeping Jason's identity secret makes me really not like her.

I don't watch the others, but I do watch Project Runway. My hubs and I watch America's Got Talent, American Idol and shows like that. Then I watch all my reality tv shows. Got into watching Little Women on Lifetime recently. I also watch Bad Girl Club for a healthy dose of drama LOL.
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
    Oh my god Vats, that comment about your mother wanting a pic of your virtual family had me in stitches!

I'm not too big on reality TV, most of the stuff here is rammed down our throats - one TV station brings out a cooking show, and all the other networks copy the format, so you can't turn around without a new show popping up.

Having said that, I love movies and built up a huge DVD collection with my ex, which I kept when we split up. My stepson thinks it's fantastic, he browses through the book and selects any type of movie and bang - we're watching it with dinner.

Also love computers, my parents taught themselves how to build them from scratch and ran a successful side business building pc's in my home town, so I guess it rubbed off. The knowledge has helped me immensely in my career, as I can figure things out faster than others, haha.

We don't have such a huge following of GH here, I take it it's huge in the States?
    Haha! Me too! I watch almost every reality tv show there is. Getting ready to watch Kendra on Top right now lol.

Yes, I like Elizabeth too. But lately they have made her to man hungry! She seems to cling to ANYTHING that looks her way. And whiney!! And her whole alliance with Nicolas and keeping Jason's identity secret makes me really not like her.

I don't watch the others, but I do watch Project Runway. My hubs and I watch America's Got Talent, American Idol and shows like that. Then I watch all my reality tv shows. Got into watching Little Women on Lifetime recently. I also watch Bad Girl Club for a healthy dose of drama LOL.

Lately I've been watching Basketball Wives LA. The drama from reality shows keeps me entertained lol. I watch more reality shows but I won't type it because the list is too long haha
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

Vats, your mum is so hilarious. Did she tell you she wants a second grandchild in game :p

I don't watch anything mentioned here, I feel detached lol, I'm more into the Asian shows. But I do watch The Voice and a few other singing shows. Which is weird why I play this game in the first place when I didn't know who Kim was exactly, like I heard of her name and all but it was just vague.

Raven, you're good! I would love to pick up some computer skills, I know it'll be the future - coding and stuff.

Overall, I'm just curious about everyone's age. I love reading all the different stories too :)
    PM to add
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I watch Dancing with The Stars, The Voice, X Factor, American Idol, Master Chef, Big Brother, Survivor and all but Indian versions. Mom and I used to watch a lot of movies too but since we've moved here now she's more into soap operas. :p

Crash Bandicoot has been my buddy since I was 5. Those days... Heck I'll play these games now once I'm done with the event! :D
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    Glad you had fun with the story Carol, Honey and Nai! Nai is obvious that my mother is with me in my decision, unlike someone I know and claims to be my friend, but joins Mr. Thomas whenever she can!

Well I don't watch much TV, but I love American series as GoT and TWD and I've watched many others that are finished now.

Currently I only have one addiction on TV that is a soap opera about a 16 year old girl who becomes a model and because of the financial difficulties of her family she comes to the world of luxury prostitution. So this millionaire guy gets obsessed by her and due to a number of facts he marries with her mother while having an affair with the daughter! Tragic and fun!

On video games as TwiztidRose my favorite genre is RPG, my favorite game of all time is Chrono Trigger!:cool:
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Vats, what's that TV show? Sounds exciting.
    PM to add
    I'm gonna send the trailer of it by PM, ok?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Omg we are moving so no effing WiFi up in here. It's been over a week & I'm feeling ill. My hubby & in game sidepieces from GC are tryna dump me. I'm not even tryna deal wit all dat. Plus this week's event... Omg I need & want the two weaves!!!!

The struggle is real, my friends.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    Omg we are moving so no effing WiFi up in here. It's been over a week & I'm feeling ill. My hubby & in game sidepieces from GC are tryna dump me. I'm not even tryna deal wit all dat. Plus this week's event... Omg I need & want the two weaves!!!!

I was wondering where you've been :)
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player

Oh no!!! You have to atleast earn the long curly one! Stay at a hotel with wifi tonight. I mean, priorities. You know. :-)
    Holly
    I play on iOS

You might not have noticed but the weekend event runs an extra day this time. So, you have Monday too! I truly hope that you win the hair!
    Holly
    I play on iOS