Weekend Event 09/4/2015 - A Labor Day that doesn't involve a Birth Day. Or Does It?

Comments

• Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    Oh and I would LOVE to be the hostess.The necklace is gorgeous!
    Now time for the party favs.
    Lol Koko, that's totally fine!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Yay. All I ask is no blatantly explicit videos. And, if anyone burns popcorn, they'll be trouble. Oh, I know it's not gourmet but but I made Uncle Zig's Homemade Brownies. They're delish. And then some. :)

brownies.jpg
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Happy birthday, Danielle! :)

Trev I saw your post on Instagram and was hoping y'all are fine. Glad to hear that!

Hmmmm, my game updated itself and I see an additional event file, party event I guess? I'm still on the E List. Need a boost :p
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    Charli wrote: »
    Happy birthday, Danielle! :)

Trev I saw your post on Instagram and was hoping y'all are fine. Glad to hear that!

Hmmmm, my game updated itself and I see an additional event file, party event I guess? I'm still on the E List. Need a boost :p
    Does this mean the update is out? And thank you!
    I hope this event is a VIP event, I have a whole lot of K-stars saved up and I wanna spend them.
    This song is stuck in my headBut it reminds me of a break-up I once had DX
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I love cheese! What's some famous food in your country? Post them!

Pittsburgh, PA : Famous Food

While I am very much a southern girl, I moved to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania eight years ago and have really fallen in love with this city. Pittsburgh is definitely famous for taking two classic items and adding French fries, not as a side dish though. Pittsburgh puts French fries inside your sandwich and on top of your salad!
    The top picture on your left is the famous Primanti Brother's sandwich - which includes French fries and cole slaw inside the sandwich. The top picture on the right is a classic dinner salad, with fries on top! LOL

The second row of pictures has pierogis and pancakes. Many Eastern Europeans settled in Pittsburgh in the 1800s and they brought pierogis with them. Today, many churches serve lunches where their elderly parishioners make handmade pierogis. The pancakes are from Pamela's diner which is famous for their crepe style pancakes. Visitors to Pittsburgh are always told to make it to Primnti Brothers and Pamela's. Even President Obama stopped at Pamela's when he was on the campaign trail.

The third row of pictures show another way Pittsburgh shares its love of the pierogi -- The Pierogi Race! These mascot like characters show up on the sidelines of the Pittsburgh Pirates games and race around the outfield during the 7th inning stretch.

The bottom row of pictures features another unique Pittsburgh sandwich - the chipped ham BBQ sandwich. As a southern girl, I can't claim this as real BBQ but native Pittsburghers sure do! And last, but not least, Pittsburgh's contribution to the world : Heinz Ketchup.

7bCWdx6.jpg
    LkSnYsB.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Does this mean the update is out? And thank you!

Nope the mini weekend update. Now if someone would set the clock twelve hours from now, they might see the event. I see nothing over social media yet.

I love putting fries inside my shawarma xD Oh and thank you for the Heinz Ketchup. Sure is the best!
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • HoneyRavenHoneyRaven Registered Users 145 Posts
    I love cheese! What's some famous food in your country? Post them!

Here you go Nai:

vsZOlM6.jpg

Some Vegemite on toast for breakfast...

aSCYPes.jpg

A meat pie with sauce for lunch...

uZbJz3E.jpg

A beautiful prawn salad for dinner...

0uhvUzG.jpg
    3EMHJoh.jpg

Finishing with Pavlova and Lamingtons for dessert :)
    ~ You have your whole life to be old, but you only have a few years to be young ~
    Charli wrote: »
    Nope the mini weekend update. Now if someone would set the clock twelve hours from now, they might see the event. I see nothing over social media yet.

I love putting fries inside my shawarma xD Oh and thank you for the Heinz Ketchup. Sure is the best!
    Oh well at least that's something :p
    Ha I remember when everyone at school would sing turn down for what and do such inappropriate dance moves. Um... It was definitely a vine trend..
  • Nisha300Nisha300 Registered Users 347 Posts
    Has anyone received the mini weekend update because I haven't and I usually get them early in the day
  • Kittycatlady05Kittycatlady05 Registered Users 35 Posts
    I haven t either
  • pandamoo85pandamoo85 Registered Users 107 Posts
    Unfortunately I won't be around much this weekend, and hopefully the weekend outfits aren't TO DIE FOR because I will be very sad while at the convention this weekend. But I come bearing delicious food from New Orleans to share with everyone!

tumblr_nu4sjaNARv1scxz2ko1_540.jpg
    A Delicious Shrimp Po-Boy from the best place in the city.

tumblr_nu4sjaNARv1scxz2ko2_500.jpg
    Delicious red beans and rice (we have a big pot cooking atm for our housesitter)

tumblr_nu4sjaNARv1scxz2ko3_400.jpg
    And last but not least, beignets and cafe au lait for dessert :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    My avi's name is Star -- she shows up as Starfaise for GC contacts. :o
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    I love New Orleans food! The locals are so nice there. Now I want to go back. That shrimp po boy looks amazingggg
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Well, I love shrimp, but I like the look of the beignets. Have fun Panda and come back with pictures. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Well, I love shrimp, but I like the look of the beignets. Have fun Panda and come back with pictures. :)

I will be very happy to be able to eat beignets again once I'm off the stupid diet I've been on to fit into my cosplay!! LOL
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Holly, Thank you for amazing Pittsburgh food! And a very detailed description of them. I'm most curious about the first sandwich with coleslaw and fries in it, feels weird not having them as sides but in the main meal, but I wanna try them. Pierogi looks like Chinese dumplings, I remember watching the World Pierogi Eating Championship and the top 2 downed 160 of them. And lastly, love the ketchup. If you wanna know, it's really expensive in my country as compared to the other brands but I bought them one day and loved it.

Raven, thanks for your food pictures! Don't be mad but I tried vegemite and I don't think I'll ever eat it again. I like Bovril though :) These stuffs are also expensive in my country, I'm not sure about the original price in yours, but in mine a small bottle of Bovril costs $15. That is just steep, but I still buy them, that's how much I like it. Love those desserts, too.

pandamoo, darn it fly me there to eat that Shrimp po boy nowwwww, I've seen so many videos on it I just drool everytime. Do those beignets taste like donuts? They do look super calorie high though, but who cares about diets? Oh yeah, enjoy your convention/ trip!
    PM to add
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Oblig -

I'm guessing gigs for the weekend event too. I'm won't be able to reach my family this particular weekend - no big deal since we visit with each other at least once a week - but I will buy myself something special for dinner ;3
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
    Raven, thanks for your food pictures! Don't be mad but I tried vegemite and I don't think I'll ever eat it again. I like Bovril though :) These stuffs are also expensive in my country, I'm not sure about the original price in yours, but in mine a small bottle of Bovril costs $15. That is just steep, but I still buy them, that's how much I like it. Love those desserts, too.

Ah, but when you tried it, did you spread it thick like peanut butter? Because it's a big no no if you did! You only use the tiniest amount, and you have to put butter on underneath while the toast is straight out of the toaster so it melts - absolutely delicious if done correctly ;)
    ~ You have your whole life to be old, but you only have a few years to be young ~
    HoneyRaven wrote: »
    Ah, but when you tried it, did you spread it thick like peanut butter? Because it's a big no no if you did! You only use the tiniest amount, and you have to put butter on underneath while the toast is straight out of the toaster so it melts - absolutely delicious if done correctly ;)

I just tasted it straight out the bottle :p I'll try it one day with your instructions and let you know my updated thoughts! One day I decided to get different kinds like Vegemite, Marmite and Bovril and tasted them with porridge, I only liked Bovril.
    PM to add
    pandamoo, darn it fly me there to eat that Shrimp po boy nowwwww, I've seen so many videos on it I just drool everytime. Do those beignets taste like donuts? They do look super calorie high though, but who cares about diets? Oh yeah, enjoy your convention/ trip!

I'd say they're more like a funnel cake? They're deep fried and made out of the same dough as eclairs - so they aren't as dense as donuts, and the powdered sugar is what really gives it the flavor. They're like... 240 calories each shhhhhh they taste like heaven though.
    I just tasted it straight out the bottle :p I'll try it one day with your instructions and let you know my updated thoughts! One day I decided to get different kinds like Vegemite, Marmite and Bovril and tasted them with porridge, I only liked Bovril.

Watch this before you try it, Nai :)
  • trufflebuttertrufflebutter Registered Users 441 Posts
    Is there a teaser of the weekend event??
    4 more hours
    I've been searching all day Trufflebutter, still nothing :(
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I hate the fact that it's such a huge secret for weekend events. Uggghhh❗❗❗
    It definitely spoils the fun 😖
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

I hate the fact that it's such a huge secret for weekend events. Uggghhh❗❗❗
    It definitely spoils the fun 😖

Top secret :D
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Holly, Thank you for amazing Pittsburgh food! And a very detailed description of them. I'm most curious about the first sandwich with coleslaw and fries in it, feels weird not having them as sides but in the main meal, but I wanna try them. Pierogi looks like Chinese dumplings, I remember watching the World Pierogi Eating Championship and the top 2 downed 160 of them. And lastly, love the ketchup. If you wanna know, it's really expensive in my country as compared to the other brands but I bought them one day and loved it.
    It seems people either love or hate the Primanti Brothers sandwich. I prefer my French fries on the side and no cole slaw.

Pierogi do look like Chinese Dumplings! I saw an episode of Top Chef (a cooking competition) that devoted the episode to "dumplings" from around the world. They said that almost every culture has some form of dumpling. Classic Pierogis are filled with either mashed potatoes or sauerkraut and come with a sauce of butter and onion. You can also find them with a meat mixture or hot sausage or more adventurous ingredients.

As for Heinz Ketchup, it is the best! I'm kind of a cheapskate with groceries and will buy generic or store brands for a lot of items but not when it comes to ketchup. It must be Heinz. :-D

And now I'm really really craving some beignets. That's definitely a New Orleans dish. You can rarely find them at all in other states.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    pandamoo85 wrote: »
    I'd say they're more like a funnel cake? They're deep fried and made out of the same dough as eclairs - so they aren't as dense as donuts, and the powdered sugar is what really gives it the flavor. They're like... 240 calories each shhhhhh they taste like heaven though.

Never tasted funnel cake either lol, trust me when I say I've been cooped up in Asia. But whaaat, they're really calorie high! Feels like I could eat 2-3 of them and that'd be 720 calories...
    HoneyRaven wrote: »
    Watch this before you try it, Nai :)

HAHA, right before you showed me I had looked up vegemite toast and watched that video! Looks tasty.
    HollySisk wrote: »
    It seems people either love or hate the Primanti Brothers sandwich. I prefer my French fries on the side and no cole slaw.

Pierogi do look like Chinese Dumplings! I saw an episode of Top Chef (a cooking competition) that devoted the episode to "dumplings" from around the world. They said that almost every culture has some form of dumpling. Classic Pierogis are filled with either mashed potatoes or sauerkraut and come with a sauce of butter and onion. You can also find them with a meat mixture or hot sausage or more adventurous ingredients.

As for Heinz Ketchup, it is the best! I'm kind of a cheapskate with groceries and will buy generic or store brands for a lot of items but not when it comes to ketchup. It must be Heinz. :-D

And now I'm really really craving some beignets. That's definitely a New Orleans dish. You can rarely find them at all in other states.

Yeah I love dumplings, I like mine fried too :p Is Heinz ketchup expensive even in your country? Here in mine, costs 3 times the price of the regular brands.

Also, 2 hour 40 minutes to event, what? No leaked teaser?
    PM to add
    Nothing! It's driving me bonkers! I've tried every hash tag and variation of the name of the game on Instagram and Twitter and nothing. Excuse me while I sit in the corner over there and sob....