Weekend Event 09/11/2015 - Power Bands and Dance Parties ~ We love the 80s

Comments

• HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    [video=youtube_share;SRvCvsRp5ho]http://youtu.be/SRvCvsRp5ho[/video]
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I'm an 80s baby and this was one of my fav cartoons to watch as a kid!

tumblr_ncqcp8JvDU1td3k3fo1_250_zpsfvgtnhup.gif

JEM & the Holograms :)

It's coming out later this year as a feature film, but I don't think it will be as good since its not a cartoon

┐(´д`)┌
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
    I loved The Smurfs! And My Little Pony! I would get up early every Saturday morning to watch my cartoons.

[video=youtube_share;ZIqJ18JHNtE]http://youtu.be/ZIqJ18JHNtE[/video]

[video=youtube_share;1_xde_69-Ok]http://youtu.be/1_xde_69-Ok[/video]
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    Sincerely I was expecting a gift after all the new quests ��
    Sincerely I was expecting a gift after all the new quests ��

Maybe we will get a gift after completing the Fashion Week events? I hope so too.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    If it's a dating event, I wonder where should I take my hubby to go out on dates at? I don't think that I have enough cash to take my hubby to Oak Club. I think that I got broke too fast on my game.

If you've got time, and don't mind scrounging for energy, you can do your dates in Punta Mita, at the Cafe on the beach. (Blonde moment forgot the name of the place) and it's also a cheap but energy eating date at Swan Club in the Hamptons.

And Hi Holly, I love your idea for the thread. I hope you like your header. I love the I love the 80s shows. 80s music is what I first played on the radio, But the Alternative side of the 80s. Same stuff they were playing in the clubs.Like this one. Spandau Ballet.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    This is not a power ballad at all but my boyfriend and I used to love to dance to this in the late 80s at The Flash, a dance club in downtown Kaiserslautern Germany.

[video=youtube_share;zXt56MB-3vc]http://youtu.be/zXt56MB-3vc[/video]
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    OMG do you remember Fraggle Rock
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
    And Hi Holly, I love your idea for the thread. I hope you like your header. I love the I love the 80s shows. 80s music is what I first played on the radio, But the Alternative side of the 80s. Same stuff they were playing in the clubs.
    Like this one. Spandau Ballet.

Thanks! I'm glad everyone seems happy with our party theme.
    I love the header you created! I do indeed LOVE the 80s.

Of course I remember Fraggle Rock!

(I wonder if we are traumatizing the youngsters in this thread)
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts
    I heard jem is having her own movie. I think.
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I thought that looked like another version of Elmo, heh.
    PM to add
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    Yaaaaaaaay now this is my kind of party!! Despite being a 90's 'young adult' Ive always loved 80s music!!! I'm ma start with the very first song that got me into this decade in the first place

DMV_Doll wrote: »
    OMG do you remember Fraggle Rock

Asdfghjkl it feels so weird listening to this, I only know the French version!!!
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio

---
    #TeamCassio
    Well, my son has been going through my cds, and pulling out a lot of the 80s stuff. He comes home with 80s compilation discs he finds in bins for 5$.
    Dance music is dance music. Like the StrokesToday's Indie Rock was grandfathered by the NewWave Post Punk kind of music.

So hope it's ok, but lets invite the Millenials to show us theirs.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Chanrin wrote: »
    Yaaaaaaaay now this is my kind of party!! Despite being a 90's 'young adult' Ive always loved 80s music!!! I'm ma start with the very first song that got me into this decade in the first place

Asdfghjkl it feels so weird listening to this, I only know the French version!!!
    Now finally I don't feel left out lol
    I am born from the early 90s too!
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Neon colors
    Off-one shoulder tops
    Acid wash denim
    Your Jean legs "pegged" (you fold the bottom hem to make it right to your leg and then Roll it up to show your socks
    Two pairs of colorful socks
    Large plastic earrings
    Curly and large hair
    Colorful eye shadow
    Pink lipstick

Here's me (in the middle) and my friends years ago at Strumica's Carnival lol

2njiq2d.jpg
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Congratulations Holly!

I loved the theme of your party! And OMG you look so beautiful in the picture, you remind me of those girls who are the dream of those nerd boys of 80s movies, you should be the it girl of your school, right?

I was born in the late 80's, but I have a true worship for that time!

All I remember was waking up in the morning and watch my favorite TV show "Xou da Xuxa". All I wanted in life was to be like Xuxa lol

Koko the header is incredible, I loved it!

I'd love to stay and post more things from the 80s, but I'm going to travel, so I just gave a very quick stop by here to wish a great weekend event for all of you! Already missing you guys!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    All the possibilities:

image_zpsobc9hpgh.jpg

image_zps8vvpcexg.jpg
    And Jetson Babies.........you may not have been around when every weekend midnight there would be at least one theatre within half an hour's distance that was showing Rocky Horror Special Showings
    Where do you think Glee came up with this? :) Now I KNOW Y'all know about Glee.
    Here's another track covered by Glee, but this one's the original. Tim Curry when this was made, OMG. I have to go have a cool drink right after this.

80s/20teens Everyone old is new again.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    All the possibilities:

image_zpsobc9hpgh.jpg

image_zps8vvpcexg.jpg

My favorite one is the red dress. Omg it would look so elegant on my doll. I can visualize it now. My doll can take a quick pic at the KKH red carpet background wearing the red dress.
    Hmm...what a brilliant idea❕💡
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

Those are great possibilities Frances! I love the red ball gown and the black dress with red roses and the deeper red lipstick. Hmmm... Clearly I love red!
    I'm also a big fan of the silver chevron purse!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Maybe this weekend the stripe outfit will make it's appearance?

I'm also curious how the weekend event and the voting feature will come together. So excited, 15 hours!
    PM to add
    Hey, in the Oak appearance with the timer, some chick in the booth says Hi and makes a little small talk, then says looks like you're busy, your two choices are always and a little. both answers make her respond in a hurt (or huffy) Ok I'll leave then" you say bye. I hate this. Either way we're not nice. If it's Willow fine, but not somebody that I know is gonna come back and bite me in the butt. Anyone have any clue?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    And who could forget ...

ETA: Fixed it for ya.
    GC Minne622
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Hey, in the Oak appearance with the timer, some chick in the booth says Hi and makes a little small talk, then says looks like you're busy, your two choices are always and a little. both answers make her respond in a hurt (or huffy) Ok I'll leave then" you say bye. I hate this. Either way we're not nice. If it's Willow fine, but not somebody that I know is gonna come back and bite me in the butt. Anyone have any clue?

After that you're replaced in the fashion show for fashion week and must go do another gig but that's as far as I've gotten
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    Oh... oh man I thought I got event quests without the event. I was gonna complain about it.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • BabySimmo93BabySimmo93 Registered Users 124 Posts
    I absolutely chuffing love the 80s :D the songs were mint (still are) right classic old bangers, the fashion was also extraordinary, just everything is amazing, I was born in the early 90s but my mum got my addicted to the music, love it
    C'mon you Hull :mad:
    After that you're replaced in the fashion show for fashion week and must go do another gig but that's as far as I've gotten

Yeah, I know when we have no choice, we're goinna do another gig one way or another. But it's just that goes against my nature. My answer would have been "Busy yes, but never too busy for a fan" then she would have blasted me "I'm not a fan" Ok, either way, I'm scrooged. heh heh scrooged. But thanks Vats. THis whole Thursday timed gigs with no explanation scares me.

How can we do two timed events. Unless...could this be the all out sale we've all been asking for? If that's the thing.........oh who knows. And this is why they did away with teasers, I'm sure.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • MikeGagaChicagoMikeGagaChicago Registered Users 64 Posts
    I doubt it'll be a date weekend, if anything it'll have to do with fashion week.
    I absolutely chuffing love the 80s :D the songs were mint (still are) right classic old bangers, the fashion was also extraordinary, just everything is amazing, I was born in the early 90s but my mum got my addicted to the music, love it

Same here, except it was my dad who woke the 80s fangirl in me!

I could just go on and on and on...

---
    #TeamCassio