Weekend Event 09/11/2015 - Power Bands and Dance Parties ~ We love the 80s

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    iOS Chick won 20 Stars.

Androids in about 2 hours. I was so confused by this, that I didn't even know to submit the look I made. So, I'm behind. But ok, we'll just do what the game tells us, and see what happens.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    AmyT wrote: »
    I was confused at first but the voting thing is actually quite fun. Glu should let us do this midweek too, it's a great idea but I'm used to spending the event tapping away grinding for items. I like that they're giving us something new to do but personally I think this would be better midweek rather than for a weekend event.

I got 20 points, opened the gift box and got the shoes.

But what are these? Dolls in their underwear? What a weird glitch. The second one looks naked!

A5F0397D-CA77-418D-866B-C5F606CD6A21_zpsvf7lmyd7.jpg

767177F6-0A54-44C0-98D9-634B3B2D47A0_zpshnkxrz60.jpg

A5F0397D-CA77-418D-866B-C5F606CD6A21_zpsvf7lmyd7.jpg

And wait, we have underwear in the wardrobe? I've never seen that...

Oh yeah, Luz runs around here like that some times. And I think I went pantless around Easter. When I'm not voting I'll pull up a pic or two.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Lia wrote: »
    That's what I went with

B67CBCE3-7928-44B6-8BAF-206E294E1441_zpsoomybfco.jpg

gorgeous!!
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Did anyone get to vote for the guys? I voted a lot, but not once I have come across guys in the competition. Makes me nervous for the guys, whether they'll get any scores at all. Anyway here's what I entered Jax in.

PSZKMFS.jpg

this is nice!

I've voted for guys maybe 3 times and have easily voted in general around 30?

In general I like the idea of this event but maybe the execution needs work?

this was what I went with:

tumblr_nuio5bE2Ig1qfvh9po1_1280_zps4jdcpthx.png

I'm slightly unsure on the shoes but hopefully people like & vote for it :3
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    I don't think it's that confusing, it's just different and new to us.

To create a look, you need to vote three times. Pick the outfit you think is better. Then you will be given the option to create your own look and submit it. Voting will be open for four hours, and other players will vote. If anyone has ever played the app Covet Fashion, it's very similar to that.

When the four hours are up, you'll be given a certain number of event points (how much we don't know yet, four hours isn't up!) based on how well liked your look was. Then you can create a new look again, and the same process will be repeated.

I actually really like this event, and I think when people get used to it and come around they will too. We often create looks and share them with each other on this forum, we all love to see how each other has done up their dolls or worn certain accessories/dresses/hairstyles, and Glu is now incorporating that element into the game. I think it's great. Sorry to see so many people disagree but hopefully you'll all change your minds and become converts eventually! :P

After seeing that my guy got the 20 point for the first look and I was able to open the gift box and win the sunglasses I'm feeling pretty good about it. While I wait for energy to charge I vote...not like for the 4 hour but 5/6 minutes here and there and is looking good. I actually find it great because there is something to do while I wait for energy and lets face it, some of the outfits are pretty hilarious! Lol. Good event everyone!!
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Oh yeah, Luz runs around here like that some times. And I think I went pantless around Easter. When I'm not voting I'll pull up a pic or two.

Really? Haha! Post it when you get a chance.

I feel bad for whoever owns those dolls because they are less likely to get a vote (unless the voter likes that sort of thing lol). Or maybe they're just 'bots' put out by Glu, as someone mentioned earlier? Idk...

Anyway, glad people seem to be enjoying this. It's fun to do something new. Different and sort of confusing, but fun :)
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    **** every time i close my game and start it again i got points and points :D Sorry for the language
    lol there is definitely something wrong with your game - but since it's working in your favour I wouldn't complain ;)
  • Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    Hey guys, buenos dias! This was hella confusing at first... I'm seeing a lot of basic B... Lol I have seen a couple of guys, not a lot. For my next look, since everyone seems to be sporting the same gray top I'm going for my Halloween outfit, since we it's almost Halloween :)

IMG_1735_zps9cb69f4b.jpg
    GC Minne622
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    2aqlwz.jpg

I saved yo my kstars in order to be able to open a second box.....and this is what I get. Thanks glu, another weekend of getting daily box stuff in my event box.
    I feel like the reason why GLU might have done this voting thing its because ppl are always voting on dresses and stuff on IG and Twitter no?? So they decided to perhaps give it a try on the game I suppose. Idk lol
    By the way Trev your guy looks amazing!! I love that brown jacket.
    GC Minne622
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I'm so sick of seeing these two items! 😠

From now on anyone wearing them are getting thumbs down from me (jk)

PhotoGrid_1441982874515_zpstzznhaal.jpg
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    I'm so sick of seeing these two items! ��

From now on anyone wearing them are getting thumbs down from me (jk)

PhotoGrid_1441982874515_zpstzznhaal.jpg

When the I see those shoes I can't help but to think it's an NPC, don't you think?? I mean we have a nice selection of shoes. And although I love that gray crop top I'm over seeing it on everyone!! And then there's these 2 types of hairs on most of the dolls which indicate to me again, NPC.
    GC Minne622
  • ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    Please Glu, don't do this kind of event never again. Please. I don't have much friends and I'll never get all the items :(
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Shammxo wrote: »
    I'm so lost lol. I haven't even gotten the option to vote for anything :/
    Are you sure you're not getting this screen?
    Screenshot_2015-09-11-12-40-25.png
    Because it can be that, because we're not used to the actual voting thing, you're missing the VOTE button on the right.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • CooleenCooleen Registered Users 80 Posts
    Why are most of the entries I'm seeing wearing a grey top?
    Is anyone else seeing that as well?
    Game Centre Name: ColleenAndrew. - KKH: Cools
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    Ffffffffff I'm so p i s s e d!!

I created a look earlier today and nothing happened.... turns out I had saved it and not submitted it..... I'm so frigging lost... I'm not getting jack.... AND voting is super annoying, like I vote for one person, then it freezes, then competitors appear and disappear before I have the time to vote, so when I press thumbs up I instead voted for one of the following contestants. .. it's so confusing. ..

I'm not doing this event :( at least I'll get some sh*t done over the weekend instead of tapping non-stop è_é
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • natchulanatchula Registered Users 135 Posts
    Cooleen wrote: »

Yeah the majority of the entries have the grey top too, it's so annoying and all the guys keep wearing the same khaki color suit jacket.
    add me on GC; natbchula
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Can somebody please explain to me what this event is all about❔❓ I am so confused right now⁉😕
    2z4wm85.png
    23vepl5.png
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I'm voting a lot and I am not just randomly tapping. I definitely look at the outfits. If i see stuff that makes me think NPC, the other doll gets my vote. If I see stuff from the various weekend events, that I know we had to grind for, I vote for those outfits.

Oh, and I ALWAYS vote for Wolf's avatar hair.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    Cooleen wrote: »

It's one of the newest items that came along the last update. It's pretty classy and for once it doesn't cost kstars, it's rather cheap so it got pretty popular pretty quickly ^^
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • CooleenCooleen Registered Users 80 Posts
    Thank you for answering my question!

Also, I submitted my outfit, and I have been voting a lot, but I have not received any points yet?
    How long do you guy have to wait to see if someone voted for your outfit?

Thanks again!
    Game Centre Name: ColleenAndrew. - KKH: Cools
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Can somebody please explain to me what this event is all about❔❓ I am so confused right now⁉😕

Here are some very helpful words that Wolf posted earlier--

I don't think it's that confusing, it's just different and new to us.

To create a look, you need to vote three times. Pick the outfit you think is better. Then you will be given the option to create your own look and submit it. Voting will be open for four hours, and other players will vote. If anyone has ever played the app Covet Fashion, it's very similar to that.

When the four hours are up, you'll be given a certain number of event points (how much we don't know yet, four hours isn't up!) based on how well liked your look was. Then you can create a new look again, and the same process will be repeated.

I actually really like this event, and I think when people get used to it and come around they will too. We often create looks and share them with each other on this forum, we all love to see how each other has done up their dolls or worn certain accessories/dresses/hairstyles, and Glu is now incorporating that element into the game. I think it's great. Sorry to see so many people disagree but hopefully you'll all change your minds and become converts eventually! :P
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    OK, I won ... Is it still 600 points to complete the event?

PhotoGrid_1441987211381_zpstv2fgj64.jpg

Andriod player
  • trufflebuttertrufflebutter Registered Users 441 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    OK, I won ... Is it still 600 points to complete the event?

PhotoGrid_1441987211381_zpstv2fgj64.jpg

255 point dont worry
    Okay I invited Carol she is also android player .. I sent her some gifts and our relationship turned into flirt.. Try with dating friend.. And yes i won the giftbox items
    I've learned that you have to invite the friends to gigs first before sending them gifts. That's what I usually do before I send gifts to friends and the relationship is still professional. Glu is so dumb like that. That's extremely awkward.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

Carol if you are here i wanted you to know that i love you so much.. I invited you to a gig and you gave me 9 ticks
    Yaaaaaaaay❕❗❕❗❕❗❕❗❕❗❕
    How come you're signed off from my game❔❓😕
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

255 point dont worry

Cool! Thanks Truffle :D

Andriod player
  • hellowendy1126hellowendy1126 Registered Users 10 Posts
    Any other kindle users still not have the event yet? I'm going crazy here!
  • DaphyDaphy Registered Users 133 Posts
    this event is very Covet Fashion lol
    This is exactly what I get for complaining 😩 😂

There coming like this back-to-back FML

PhotoGrid_1441988757446_zpsecjkfbo5.jpg

Andriod player
    These looks are so basic on my game that I had to stop voting. I'm not even impressed with this event at all.
    2gx1o5k.png
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG