Weekend Event 09/11/2015 - Power Bands and Dance Parties ~ We love the 80s

Comments

• wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    I'm so sick of that grey crop top!! Sure it's cute and all but you'd think people would try to be a bit more creative! I try to vote for the more unique look. The only time I vote for the grey crop top is if it's paired with another grey crop top and I have no other choice!
  • nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    Lmao this ****.
    I'm voting based on people's ability to make items work, regardless of them being starter items or not. For all I know, these people might be just starting [which might be just the case], and I was there once, so my requirements for an outfit to win is:

1.- Originality: I'm not voting for someone who uses an entire event outfit. Mixing event items with regular items is fine, but if you are wearing an entire event outfit I'm not voting for you. That's cookie cutter and it shows your lack of style or ability to dress an avatar. Also if you wear nothing but event items. Know how to mix cheap with not so cheap when it comes to fashion and style.
    2.- Color combination: That also includes makeup. I've seen a lot of faux pass with colors in the submissions and that can't happen.
    3.- Accessories: I hate, HATE, when dolls are overloaded with accessories.

I'm going full Anna Wintour in this *****.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
    Also I don't care about that gray top since my doll's wearing it and it was my first entry too lmao. Starting off easy before I send the artillery. I don't even like the earner/box items, I'm doing it just to win.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
    I don't think there's anything wrong with using only event clothing. I actually find it refreshing, considering I'm seeing the same basic crop top 90% of the time anyway. It shows me the player is actually dedicated to the game and grinds on the weekends just as hard as we do. Thumbs up to them IMO!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Ok, now that I know how to get points, this is a lot of fun. But a few instructions would be nice. I feel for the player who didn't submit their outfit. Well, it's different, it's fun now. and I'm clicking on the whole look. I've turned away from an outfit because of an added unnecessary bag that doesn't go.

But fun event. It just should have come with instructions.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    Lmao this ****.
    I'm voting based on people's ability to make items work, regardless of them being starter items or not. For all I know, these people might be just starting [which might be just the case], and I was there once, so my requirements for an outfit to win is:

1.- Originality: I'm not voting for someone who uses an entire event outfit. Mixing event items with regular items is fine, but if you are wearing an entire event outfit I'm not voting for you. That's cookie cutter and it shows your lack of style or ability to dress an avatar. Also if you wear nothing but event items. Know how to mix cheap with not so cheap when it comes to fashion and style.
    2.- Color combination: That also includes makeup. I've seen a lot of faux pass with colors in the submissions and that can't happen.

Wow, you're taking this very seriously aren't you?
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    I don't think there's anything wrong with using only event clothing. I actually find it refreshing, considering I'm seeing the same basic crop top 90% of the time anyway. It shows me the player is actually dedicated to the game and grinds on the weekends just as hard as we do. Thumbs up to them IMO!

Thats one way to see it yes. God knows how much we actually suffer every weekend lol...but we're still here. For me thought, it's looks pretty easy to put the events cloths on and be done with it, whitout putting actual thought into the outfit...so my vote depends of how much of the event outfit is there and how good it looks.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Ok Wolf swore she'd vote for me if I submitted my 80s Dance Party look so I just did. Be on the lookout for her and remember, she is not a tacky NPC, I did this on purpose!

iQnE9M4.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    I have actually seen a lot of men, and I also think the guys are far more fashionable than the ladies :P

IMG_1745_zpse7913bcf.jpg
    GC Minne622
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Ok Wolf swore she'd vote for me if I submitted my 80s Dance Party look so I just did. Be on the lookout for her and remember, she is not a tacky NPC, I did this on purpose!

iQnE9M4.jpg
    LMAO Yass queen!!! Gosh I hope she shows up in my voting!!
    Thats one way to see it yes. God knows how much we actually suffer every weekend lol...but we're still here. For me thought, it's looks pretty easy to put the events cloths on and be done with it, whitout putting actual thought into the outfit...so my vote depends of how much of the event outfit is there and how good it looks.
    I don't think it's easier, especially when you have a lot of event clothing. It's still possible to mix and match and create something fresh.
  • MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts
    Well so much for participating in this event. I can barely get to the gift box. I procrastinated on school for this event. I'm so disappointed.
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
  • trufflebuttertrufflebutter Registered Users 441 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »

iQnE9M4.jpg
    Like I said before .. Holly u always look so flawless !!
  • ShammxoShammxo Registered Users 26 Posts
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    Are you sure you're not getting this screen?
    Screenshot_2015-09-11-12-40-25.png
    Because it can be that, because we're not used to the actual voting thing, you're missing the VOTE button on the right.

I feel like a moron! Don't mind me, I've been sick all week so my brain is mush. Thanks for your help:)
    GC: shammxo
    Lyanna wrote: »

Wow, you're taking this very seriously aren't you?

As trivial as this is, I am. If there is something I love besides art, is fashion, so I'm gonna spend my weekend submitting dolls and watching fashion shows, considering I've not watched them in a while. Last show I remember was Kendall walking down the Chanel Brasserie, and that was back in February. Got a lot to catch up on.
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    I just voted on someone wearing this outfit. Was this a weekend gift boxes item? o-KIM-KARDASHIAN-570.jpg?1
    iOS
  • DelphineDelphine Registered Users 70 Posts
    So annoyed you can't skip.. I've been seeing outfits unrelated to the topic at all.. I saw a couple wedding dresses and floor length evening gowns. Is that really *City* luxury? And sometimes the looks are equally as good/bad too.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Okay so Carol Davida decided to submit this look for fashion week. I like this look because it's casual and fashionable at the same time. I just love neutral colors for the fall season. My doll is a risk taker yet she's nervous lol
    tmp_2008_Screenshot_2015_09_11_13_20_30_16150015.png
    screen shot windows 7
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

Okay so Carol Davida decided to submit this look for fashion week. I like this look because it's casual and fashionable at the same time. I just love neutral colors for the fall season. My doll is a risk taker yet she's nervous lol
    tmp_2008_Screenshot_2015_09_11_13_20_30_16150015.png
    screen shot windows 7
    Do u have problem with ur wardrobe ??
    Delphine wrote: »
    So annoyed you can't skip.. I've been seeing outfits unrelated to the topic at all.. I saw a couple wedding dresses and floor length evening gowns. Is that really *City* luxury? And sometimes the looks are equally as good/bad too.

I know right⁉
    That is so true. Can we submit more than one look?
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts
    I mean I thought my first outfit was nice. I guess I have to reinvent the wheel. I think by spending k stars will increase the views on your outfit? I think I'm going to sport my fav dress and hope I get something.
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Omg, sorry all but I love this weekend's event! It's a dream coming true lol I'm dressing myself ( oh well my doll) for FASHION WEEK! :D

I'm sooo exciteeeeed and I just can't hide iiiitttt la la la la :D

Here's my first entry, my girl loves to make experiments for Fashion Week, she even cut her hair off lol
    iqyohj.jpg
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
    Do u have problem with ur wardrobe ??

Nope. I already submitted this look since it goes with the city theme. I know how people dress up from New York since I live on the city.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Minne623 wrote: »
    I have actually seen a lot of men, and I also think the guys are far more fashionable than the ladies :P

IMG_1745_zpse7913bcf.jpg

I agree! The guys looks are styled waaayyy better

PhotoGrid_1441992960516_zps0lhtfjla.jpg

PhotoGrid_1441993274195_zpshvppew2i.jpg
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
    Holly, you are a true Dancing Queen. I will vote for your doll if I see her like that.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    This friggin' wardrobe freezing and game closing glitch is driving me insane :mad:
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
    DMV_Doll, your avatar is such a great look. The greyscale looks like a b&w headshot that would be on top of a pile of shots scattered across some Movie Producers Desk, the Honcho takes a big fat cigar out of his mouth grabs that photo and shouts to his assistant. "I don't know who she is, but I want This Girl! " Ok, I watch too many old movies.

Anyway, wish my android wardrobes worked better, but what can you do. I don't even care if I finish, I'm having tons of fun voting.

Anybody hungry? It's Moony Muphin Friday. Time to send a shout out to the Weekend Event people we miss.

Here's to Moony, and Noona, and Leyshla and Wish. I miss Breenie and others I see in my games.

But Here's to all the new members. Shout out and say hi. Grab a muphin. They're pumpkin/raisin made lovingly by mr.

Muphins.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Lmao this ****.

Your opinions about the other dolls fashion choices are on point. It reminds me so much of Fashion Police on E! Since you want to pursue a fashion career, you could end up being a fashion critic.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    I seriously think most of what we're voting on are not outfits chosen by real players. Way too many of the game's basic free and cheap items are being used. The silver hoop earrings? Over and over and over again? The original black strappy sandals, over and over... and so many of the formal dresses have those heeled thong sandals from a year or so ago if they don't have the strappy sandals. Oh and SO many are wearing the blue watch from the earliest point in the game too. Just weird.
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • pandamoo85pandamoo85 Registered Users 107 Posts
    This poor girl had a wardrobe malfunction on the voting screen.

dndb3c.jpg

I really love this event tbh. Gives me something to do at work other than furiously tap and wait for energy to refill. And hey, I got the purse out of a gift box instead of just getting Kash this week, so that's something!
    My avi's name is Star -- she shows up as Starfaise for GC contacts. :o
    Nope. I already submitted this look since it goes with the city theme. I know how people dress up from New York since I live on the city.
    Oh no I mean glitch with your wardrobe .. Because I cant dress my doll..