Weekend Event 09/11/2015 - Power Bands and Dance Parties ~ We love the 80s

Comments

• CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    I actually like this event. It's easy, innovative, the items are pretty and I'm really enjoying it :D
  • bcandybcandy Registered Users 3 Posts
    IMG_5697.png

when my four hours were up, nothing came up. After i closed out of my game, this popped up. Does this mean no one voted for me and they're just pity points?

IMG_5699.png

this was my outfit
  • MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    It's very easy to participate once you understand how to submit your outfit. Did you see Wolf's helpful instructions? Please do submit your doll and the resubmit her outfit every four hours. You'll be surprised by how your points add up.

I know how to do it, but I don't have the time for events that don't benefit me or I'm absolutely infatuated by the outfit.
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    So, what's the overall consensus. Do you think anyone was up and watching our crazy scramble at 5am Eastern to figure out how to play. I feel terrible. My back ached and I couldn't get myself up until 5:15. Got to the game around 5:40, and did not know what was going on. lol.

It's too early to evaluate this weekend event as a whole but here are some preliminary thoughts.

1. Glu should have included a help screen with clear instructions how to "play" this new voting game.
    We were all so confused and we aren't dummies. I feel so bad for all the players who don't know to come here for help.

2. Glu should not introduce totally new features as part of a weekend event because there are always glitches with their updates and players (aka customers!) are extra angry & frustrated when their participation in the weekend event is affected.

3. Glu should not include NPC in the voting contest. Many of us take fashion very seriously, heck the entire thrust of this game is fashion, so we are bored/annoyed/disappointed when we are voting for outfits that look put together by a computer with no style.

4. Once I learned how to play, I've found this new feature mildly entertaining. I think it *might* be better than grinding. I need more time to decide.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    bcandy wrote: »

when my four hours were up, nothing came up. After i closed out of my game, this popped up. Does this mean no one voted for me and they're just pity points?

IMG_5699.png

this was my outfit

I really think your doll popped up in my contest. I don't recall if I voted for her or not though....
    Even if you didn't get a ton of votes, at least you've earned 10 ticks toward the weekend event.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    I got 20 points towards the event. I told me something on the lines of 'Everyone loved your Look! Great Job!'.... Something like that. And I got hair in my gift box.
  • nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    Your opinions about the other dolls fashion choices are on point. It reminds me so much of Fashion Police on E! Since you want to pursue a fashion career, you could end up being a fashion critic.

I'm more into being behind those things, y'know. Like, I'd like to be a junior designer in a fashion magazine [my dream is Vogue but we'll see]. However, that doesn't mean I wouldn't be stylish. I do take my fashion very seriously so for me it isn't just fun but it's also like, something I do place my opinion and thought upon because it is part of my career plan after all.

I wanna be like Esther Quek, fashion director of The Rake and other publications.
    Esther_Quek_Group_Fashion_Director_The_Rake_Melod.jpg
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    I'm currently at 125 event points, got the dress. It was a combination of inviting friends to gigs, tapping pets, and submitting two outfits, those got me a total of 80 points (20 x 4). I now decided to open gift boxes, won the purse and shoes. Now getting lots more points from friends at gigs. If there is a reward of 50 points for finishing all the gigs, I'd say I'm primed to finish today.
    iOS
  • DelphineDelphine Registered Users 70 Posts
    So I'm sitting at about 45 points right now after entering 2 looks. Here's my 3rd that I'll be entering in an hour or so. What do you guys think? Any suggestions? I feel like this one is my worst one so far.. :/

K2kh6mf.jpg

Edit: Just got more points? Maybe a lucky glitch. Shh don't tell anyone, lol.
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    I like it! That's the hair I'm using too, but I am wearing the white jumpsuit that was new with the update. :)
    iOS
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I'm more into being behind those things, y'know. Like, I'd like to be a junior designer in a fashion magazine [my dream is Vogue but we'll see]. However, that doesn't mean I wouldn't be stylish. I do take my fashion very seriously so for me it isn't just fun but it's also like, something I do place my opinion and thought upon because it is part of my career plan after all.

I wanna be like Esther Quek, fashion director of The Rake and other publications.
    OK so now I get it. You want to work behind the scenes on the fashion industry.
    R.I.P. to Joan Rivers. Fashion Police isn't the same without her. The show has gone downhill after she passed away.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

OK so now I get it. You want to work behind the scenes on the fashion industry.
    R.I.P. to Joan Rivers. Fashion Police isn't the same without her. The show has gone downhill after she passed away.

Yep, pretty much. I've never watched that show so I really can't have an opinion on it.

Also, do they only give you 20 points per submission? Plus the bonus you get from earning box items [I got the shoes so they're giving me two extra points].

Because I submitted an entry 2 hours ago and it seems I already "won" so, I thought the points kept on coming for a period of 4 hours and you got as many points as you could get in that amount of time. If it's only limited to 20 points per submission, that sucks, because now I have to wait 2 hours until I can submit another entry. It also sucks they released the event gigs before the event. Should've waited until the event to start them.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
    Delphine wrote: »
    So I'm sitting at about 45 points right now after entering 2 looks. Here's my 3rd that I'll be entering in an hour or so. What do you guys think? Any suggestions? I feel like this one is my worst one so far.. :/

K2kh6mf.jpg

Edit: Just got more points? Maybe a lucky glitch. Shh don't tell anyone, lol.

Change the makeup, it's too heavy on her. You could also get rid of the ring.
    Uh oh Wolf.... Voters don't like my 80s look. :-(

u3ka0VK.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • primadiamondsprimadiamonds Registered Users 36 Posts
    I was a little wary of this new event at first but I actually really like it! It's pretty easy. The only real issue I have is that the voting is a little glitchy in my game, but it's a brand new update so I'm sure it'll iron itself out.

And I love that we get to make a new look every four hours (:
    These two dolls look positively embarrassed to be dressed like this. I don't blame them one bit. Soooo blah

ZgWcAXc.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • HelloDevyHelloDevy Registered Users 8 Posts
    When you click on the blow horn for weekend events and click on vote there's a count downon the screen where you vote for people's outfits like right now it's an hour 1minutes what's the countdown for?
    Yep, pretty much. I've never watched that show so I really can't have an opinion on it.

Also, do they only give you 20 points per submission? Plus the bonus you get from earning box items [I got the shoes so they're giving me two extra points].

Because I submitted an entry 2 hours ago and it seems I already "won" so, I thought the points kept on coming for a period of 4 hours and you got as many points as you could get in that amount of time. If it's only limited to 20 points per submission, that sucks, because now I have to wait 2 hours until I can submit another entry. It also sucks they released the event gigs before the event. Should've waited until the event to start them.
    I think if you don't get enough votes then you get 10 event points. If you had enough votes then you only get 20 event points.
    So I got good news and bad news. My doll had on a fall NYC stylish wardrobe and had so many votes. So that's the good news. The bad news is that I didn't win any special event items. I won 40 k-stars so that sucks. I wonder if anybody here on the forums voted for my doll. I'm not sure if I will continue this weekend event.
    tmp_22397_Screenshot_2015_09_11_16_54_37_1615001.png

tmp_22397_Screenshot_2015_09_11_16_55_08_1118746.png

tmp_22397_Screenshot_2015_09_11_16_59_36_1175862.png

imagur
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts

What do you think of the fashion industry in Mexico? I've been researching it a bit because I was thinking of going over there for an internship maybe (seeing as it's the second-coming-up-in-fashion Latin American country).
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    I wish there was a way to see my submitted outfits. I'm not sure if the one I'm wearing is preparation for the next round or if I submitted it already lol.
    I think if you don't get enough votes then you get 10 event points. If you had enough votes then you only get 20 event points.
    So I got good news and bad news. My doll had on a fall NYC stylish wardrobe and had so many votes. So that's the good news. The bad news is that I didn't win any special event items. I won 40 k-stars so that sucks. I wonder if anybody here on the forums voted for my doll. I'm not sure if I will continue if I will continue this weekend event.

My doll is dressed for our 80s weekend and she did not get a lot of votes...lol. Oh well, at least Glu still gave me 10 ticks for "losing." I really do think that I have seen some of my GC friends in the voting. I recognized some of the dolls. I do wish that I saw more dolls that I recognized.

I'm sorry that you didn't win any special weekend event items with your free gift box but atleast you got 40 k stars. You can use them during the VIP event!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    Val_ wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to see my submitted outfits. I'm not sure if the one I'm wearing is preparation for the next round or if I submitted it already lol.

You have to actually tap a button that says "SUBMIT". Did you do that? It them takes you to a screen that asks if you want to SAVE & SUBMIT the outfit.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    HelloDevy wrote: »
    When you click on the blow horn for weekend events and click on vote there's a count downon the screen where you vote for people's outfits like right now it's an hour 1minutes what's the countdown for?

The countdown is for the 4 hours that your doll is competing for votes. Did you submit an outfit? There is another thread specifically devoted to this weekend event. You'll find some player provides instructions and tips.
    Holly
    I play on iOS

I saved and submitted my outfits. I couldn't let a stylish outfit go to waste.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

Does anyone think that I should submit this outfit? I love NYC fashion so I should know this. Please just give me your honest opinion about this outfit.
    tmp_10213_Screenshot_2015_09_11_17_43_01_1615001.png
    image hosting sites
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Hi. I got these tips that you may or may not know about the new fashion event. 1st off, they're reading, making notes tinkering and will improve this for the next one. Look at it this way, with no instructions, we've been playing the prototype.

- To get the check-mark event points faster, people can submit multiple looks during a four-hour round. Their prior looks will still be in the pool getting votes, but they'll also have other looks in the pool too. It's like fishing with several rods; once can catch more fish simultaneously.

- If people are seeing the same 2 dolls one after another, or they see several sets of dolls flash by rapidly, it could mean that their connection was not so strong just then. Please suggest that everyone play with a strong connection and we'll look at fixing this for the next time this event happens.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    What do you think of the fashion industry in Mexico? I've been researching it a bit because I was thinking of going over there for an internship maybe (seeing as it's the second-coming-up-in-fashion Latin American country).
    I personally think that although we have good designers, we're still not on par with American or European fashion. I think that Mexican fashion is too bold for the market, and the Mexican fashion industry as a whole is not very well known over here because of lack of opportunities for designers. We're not a country that exports fashion after all.
    We managed to send a designer for Fashion Week in NY last year [the name escapes me] but that's as far as we have gotten. I think it's going at a sorta steady but sorta slow pace because some designers have gotten some recognition here but not the kind of recognition that would warrant a haute couture fashion show in New York. I don't know if I'm making any sense.
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    These are the looks I've submitted so far. I've won with the first one, I'm crossing my fingers for the second one (which is an all time fav to me).
    Screenshot_2015-09-11-23-48-17_zpsfi4rffbu_edit_1442008767693.png_zpsuyu74abr_edit_1442008990097_zpslv4mt0it.jpeg~originalScreenshot_2015-09-11-23-48-05_zpshqauisiu_edit_1442008833514.png_zpsbcwhcunz.jpeg~original
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • pandamoo85pandamoo85 Registered Users 107 Posts

- If people are seeing the same 2 dolls one after another, or they see several sets of dolls flash by rapidly, it could mean that their connection was not so strong just then. Please suggest that everyone play with a strong connection and we'll look at fixing this for the next time this event happens.

Somehow i find this hard to believe, since I just ran a speed test for them yesterday to prove i had a strong connection, and I'm currently getting 65 MbPS down (and still experiencing this glitch).
    My avi's name is Star -- she shows up as Starfaise for GC contacts. :o
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Okay, now that I have the dress safely in my closet I can relax and try to enjoy this event a little more. I'm having much better luck winning as a man than as a woman!

And I agree, Panda-- I also believe I have good connectivity, and I always get stuck on one set of dolls...
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19