Weekend Event 09/11/2015 - Power Bands and Dance Parties ~ We love the 80s

Comments

• ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    I loved this event!! It was honestly so much fun!! Combining items, actually trying to fit the theme, and taking so much pride in winning! I'm always afraid of praising Glu because it's always one step ahead, two steps back with them, but... GOOD JOB!! I won with everyone of these outfits!

e7cfc516-4c62-4c24-be3e-e68a15677ffb_zpssbyyt682.png~original9bd48c88-2066-480f-80ee-934c41427557_zps7hpyaw4u.png~original166032d8-0a17-4e0b-8e49-f68f17a247f0_zpsskbdgrbg.png~original5cd02be2-cc54-40f8-9b99-e51be82b4ccb_zpsfl46anqe.png~original36de8e7b-6f00-44e6-926e-febd20fa3d59_zpsjookhrit.png~originalbddd4f4e-ced5-4031-9fc6-f5814459e0ac_zpsbnfpirck.png~original
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • DannilionDannilion Registered Users 19 Posts
    As I sleep so much I'm only on my third submitted outfit and have only had the gift box so far (normal gift box handbag). My second outfit (posted yesterday) won though so I'm happy there.

G6TqCe3.jpg

Did that coat come out at the same time as the boots? They match perfectly.
  • Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    And I'm done :)
    image.jpg1_zps5gnwrnmg.jpg
    I must admit, the event went pretty well. It would have been better if they'd put instructions on what to do.
    I'll have to give you a round of applause for this one Glu. After all this is the first event I've finished in a while. (The last event I finished was the 5-stars Weekend one)
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    ChicCharlotte: I would potentially vote for all of those.

I'm not paying for submissions so I don't know if I have any chance to earn anything this event. But it's fun voting for others and maybe helping at least half of them.

I hope if they do this again they change it to every 2 hours, because that doesn't let us submit very many looks, if it's every 4.

Welcome Back Polka Dot!
    You were missed! I'm glad you're back.
    I hope you're able to get some of the event items. I haven't heard of anyone paying to submit extra looks but people seem to be earning the ticks/checkmarks they need. Good Luck!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    My game is so glitchy so I doubt if I can even get the purse.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I haven't heard of anyone paying to submit extra looks but people seem to be earning the ticks/checkmarks they need.
    Oh it's funny that you say that because I am guilty of spending k-stars to submit more looks. :o
    But yes, Welcome Back PolkaDot.
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    ChicCharlotte: I would potentially vote for all of those.

I'm not paying for submissions so I don't know if I have any chance to earn anything this event. But it's fun voting for others and maybe helping at least half of them.

I hope if they do this again they change it to every 2 hours, because that doesn't let us submit very many looks, if it's every 4.

Welcome back Polka :D
    Dannilion wrote: »
    As I sleep so much I'm only on my third submitted outfit and have only had the gift box so far (normal gift box handbag). My second outfit (posted yesterday) won though so I'm happy there.

G6TqCe3.jpg

Did that coat come out at the same time as the boots? They match perfectly.

Yes, they came out at the same time :)
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    A few of my fave 80's candies

PhotoGrid_1442110498131_zpsvdhudwzi.jpg

I don't remember what these are called

PhotoGrid_1442110470042_zpsaekgqpqy.jpg

Candy cigarettes (let's get the kids use to holding cigarettes at a young age... SMH)

PhotoGrid_1442110441591_zps5ytvoh1o.jpg

Bubble gum shaped and packaged like chewing tobacco lol
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
    I think they were just called Dots.... Right? I LOVED them!

A couple of years ago I saw Big League Chew (grape flavor) and I couldn't resist buying a pouch. Lol
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • natchulanatchula Registered Users 135 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    I haven't seen these yet, I'm keeping an eye out for my Google+ & forum friends

You look gorgeous in all of the pics BTW :D

Thanks Doll! I love your black and white picture, it's so classic and raw. It reminds me of Halle Berry.
    add me on GC; natbchula
  • lespritdescalierlespritdescalier Registered Users 66 Posts
    Chanrin wrote: »
    I loved this event!! It was honestly so much fun!! Combining items, actually trying to fit the theme, and taking so much pride in winning! I'm always afraid of praising Glu because it's always one step ahead, two steps back with them, but... GOOD JOB!! I won with everyone of these outfits!

e7cfc516-4c62-4c24-be3e-e68a15677ffb_zpssbyyt682.png~original9bd48c88-2066-480f-80ee-934c41427557_zps7hpyaw4u.png~original166032d8-0a17-4e0b-8e49-f68f17a247f0_zpsskbdgrbg.png~original5cd02be2-cc54-40f8-9b99-e51be82b4ccb_zpsfl46anqe.png~original36de8e7b-6f00-44e6-926e-febd20fa3d59_zpsjookhrit.png~originalbddd4f4e-ced5-4031-9fc6-f5814459e0ac_zpsbnfpirck.png~original

I definitely saw (and voted for!) second from last!
  • lespritdescalierlespritdescalier Registered Users 66 Posts
    my game plan now is to enter the entire event outfit as my submission for the rest of the weekend, so hopefully people will see i have everything already and vote for the opposite person to give them a boost.

cpE7tmP.jpg
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    That's a very considerate move! I think I'll do the same since I also finished the event!

I need 131 points to finish on my guy's game. Not having good luck with it. Submitted a fifth look but and just waiting now but I've only won once. My plan is to just keep submitting and grind with gigs so I can get ticks from friend actions.
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    my game plan now is to enter the entire event outfit as my submission for the rest of the weekend, so hopefully people will see i have everything already and vote for the opposite person to give them a boost.
    brilliant!
    I'm going to copy your idea.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    I don't think that I'm going to get the purse. I only have 200 points so far.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• DelphineDelphine Registered Users 70 Posts
    I don't think that I'm going to get the purse. I only have 200 points so far.

You will get it. Just win 2 or 3 looks and you'll be done in no time. :)
    Delphine wrote: »
    You will get it. Just win 2 or 3 looks and you'll be done in no time. :)

These anonymous voters are haters lol. I can't remember which look I submitted and I didn't win. I only had 10 points. Uggghhh 😣
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    After finishing off the storyline (at least, it finishes with that party at oak with Misty, right?) I'm at 209 so I think as long as I win one more time and get in two outfits (or 3 if I can get my timing right) then I should be ok. fingers crossed!!
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • SukiSuki Registered Users 111 Posts
    Does it tell you if your look loses? I had one just finish but nothing came up to say that I won. Does this mean I lost or is it a glitch?
  • pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
    Suki wrote: »
    Does it tell you if your look loses? I had one just finish but nothing came up to say that I won. Does this mean I lost or is it a glitch?

I only get the points and notification if I won/lost if I exit and restart the game because it's a bit glitchy
    My game is glitchy too. When I restarted my phone my game told me that I lost twice and I only got 10 points. I'm really disappointed with this weekend event. A lot of players went off topic with the city theme and they're the ones that are winning. I dressed up my doll with casual clothing and I still lost⁉
    What is up with that❔❓
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

This game is so ridiculous. I'm tired of submitting so many outfits and I keep on losing. Ugh❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗
    I'm never gonna get the purse.
    😟
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

My game is glitchy too. When I restarted my phone my game told me that I lost twice and I only got 10 points. I'm really disappointed with this weekend event. A lot of players went off topic with the city theme and they're the ones that are winning. I dressed up my doll with casual clothing and I still lost⁉
    What is up with that❔❓
    Well the theme is "city luxury" so perhaps voters find your outfits too casual? Just a guess
    Holly
    I play on iOS

A lot of players are running in to a glitch where they have to close their game and reopen it in order to see what points they were awarded in the vote. See if that does the trick for you too.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts

Also I entered a look last night then checked when I woke up and it didn't tell me anything. Then I submitted another look and it seemed to go through but then I realised on my phone screen my wifi connection had cut out (it does that all the time) and it let me submit another look straight away (without kstars/ timer) so that's another possible reason :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    I definitely saw (and voted for!) second from last!

Oh thanks! I was really afraid to submit that hairstyle that wasn't rell received among the players but it still won, so I'm glad. Now I'm doing just like you, submitting the whole outfit to give a chance to others, let's work hard!
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Welcome Back Polka Dot!
    You were missed! I'm glad you're back.
    I hope you're able to get some of the event items. I haven't heard of anyone paying to submit extra looks but people seem to be earning the ticks/checkmarks they need. Good Luck!

Thank you, Holly! That is very kind of you.

Thank you also for the information.

I don't know what happens but I talk myself out of these events. I wasted most of the first day into the evening, by not figuring out how to do the event. So then today I figured...between it crashing and freezing a lot, but mostly me being behind so far, I won't win anyway. Silly of me! But I hate trying and then having no way to finish up if a bit short.

I do enjoy the voting part a lot and I like creating the outfits. But for some reason when I hit save outfit, it saves it into two slots. So it was a lot to learn in the game in one weekend.

Congrats to all who won their things.

I liked the 40 K star outfit a lot too but, I really blew it the past two weekends on that stuff so this weekend I played it cool. ;)

DMV_Doll thank you so much! Very nice of you.

I like DOTS candy of course ;) and the dots on paper were good too and Pez, and there were these soft, sour lollipops that I really liked but never knew the name of. They'd be in big plastic jars and the clerk would hand you one. Sort of pale yellow and pink??
    Well the theme is "city luxury" so perhaps voters find your outfits too casual? Just a guess

I dressed up my doll with some casual clothing and won from some outfits. I was just using some inspiration how New Yorkers dress up during the fall season.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Sounds like a plan, Carol! Hi by the way. :)

I voted for a lot of simpler outfits. If they were using the beginner stuff that is fine with me. I look for complimentary color palettes, and if they coordinated with the jewelry, hair and makeup and the proper shoes. Not so much the perfect shoe, since I know many people don't have the extensive wardrobe. But, for instance, not a casual shoe with an evening gown or an evening shoe with beach wear...things like that.

I also looked for streamline i.e. if they overdid the amount of 'stuff' on one doll at a time I tended not to vote for that one.

A lot of people wore the pantsuits/jumpsuits, which surprised me.

Sometimes I voted for dolls wearing clothes I didn't really like but it suited their doll and they accessorised well, and pulled it off.

That's for the conversation in this topic a while back, where people were talking about why they vote for this or that doll.
    Sounds like a plan, Carol! Hi by the way. :)

I voted for a lot of simpler outfits. If they were using the beginner stuff that is fine with me. I look for complimentary color palettes, and if they coordinated with the jewelry, hair and makeup and the proper shoes. Not so much the perfect shoe, since I know many people don't have the extensive wardrobe. But, for instance, not a casual shoe with an evening gown or an evening shoe with beach wear...things like that.

I also looked for streamline i.e. if they overdid the amount of 'stuff' on one doll at a time I tended not to vote for that one.

A lot of people wore the pantsuits/jumpsuits, which surprised me.

Sometimes I voted for dolls wearing clothes I didn't really like but it suited their doll and they accessorised well, and pulled it off.

That's for the conversation in this topic a while back, where people were talking about why they vote for this or that doll.
    Hi! I'm actually surprised that I voted for other players as well. I had to stop because on my game I think that most of the female dolls didn't put that much thought and effort into their outfits. The male dolls dressed up better than the female dolls. I dressed up my doll in so much casual clothing because in real life I'm ready for the fall season to arrive in NYC. I can't even relate to this city luxury theme at all. Even though my doll is a celebrity in KKH, I wanted her to dress up as a normal person as myself. I just love the fall/winter apparel period.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG