General Complaints Thread

Comments

• pandamoo85pandamoo85 Registered Users 107 Posts
    i didnt feel like starting a new thread in the other section but ugh, getting real tired of not being able to use the paste function when submitting a ticket. how the hell am i supposed to give them my game ID if I cant paste it in?? (i mean clearly i can type it out or screenshot it but im trying to send them a link and i cant) get urself together, glu
    My avi's name is Star -- she shows up as Starfaise for GC contacts. :o
  • MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts
    I hope Glu got that k star glitch under control. I still didn't get my 100 stars they owe me.
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
  • MarshybeansMarshybeans Registered Users 33 Posts
    Kindle yet again taking forever to get the update!
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    I'm really tired of the regular box outfits in the weekend gift boxes. It makes me so angry, I would rather have the $4000 because at least I'd get to spend it as I want, not be stuck with an ugly bag/top/whatever.
    These are my boxes from the past weekends

o85pg2.jpg

148okg6.jpg

9h6kgj.jpg

Why is that blue dress ALWAYS there??!
    And I saved up and spent the only 40 kstars I had to open a second box this week and got these horrid trousers.

2aqlwz.jpg
  • DannilionDannilion Registered Users 19 Posts
    That purple shirt isn't even a gift box item, but a K stars one. You can get that whenever.

My rant is the startup noise. I turn my media volume up for a video or something, or I'm listening to music, and if I start the game, it makes that horrible noise. I've got the game muted and the startup noise ignores it. Even worse, it stops whatever music I'm playing as well.

Ideally I'd like sounds and music in the game separated, as some city's music makes me ill and it often glitches anyhow, but the sounds from tapping are useful for me. The fact the startup sound ignores the mute setting though is inexcusable.
  • lalaloveyoulalaloveyou Registered Users 122 Posts
    Dannilion wrote: »
    My rant is the startup noise. I turn my media volume up for a video or something, or I'm listening to music, and if I start the game, it makes that horrible noise. I've got the game muted and the startup noise ignores it. Even worse, it stops whatever music I'm playing as well.

Ideally I'd like sounds and music in the game separated, as some city's music makes me ill and it often glitches anyhow, but the sounds from tapping are useful for me. The fact the startup sound ignores the mute setting though is inexcusable.

YES. I am with you on ALL of this.

That start-up noise, ugh. My game is always set to sound OFF, and my phone is usually on silent as well. I always forget, after I've turned the volume up for another reason. Open the game again and that sound scares the hell out of me, and I jump about a mile. You're totally right, it should obey the overall game setting. I can't even think of another game that doesn't.

Also with you on the music vs. sound effects. A few months ago the music stopped working for a bit and I was SO happy, because I do want sound effects. But they fixed it, of course. :-(
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Dannilion wrote: »
    That purple shirt isn't even a gift box item, but a K stars one. You can get that whenever.

I know right? I've gotten a pair of lame 10kstars shoes one time as well.

It's so frustrating because I REALLY want the giftbox outfit, but what, I can't get it unless I spend 50$ on kstars? How the hell is that fair? What game charges that kind of crazy money to play?!

I honestly wouldn't mind if they introduced ads to take the price down a bit, not everyone can/wants to spend 100$ a month on a game. Not even super sophisticated games like World of Warcraft charge that kind of money. It's ****ing ridiculous.
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Glad people are saying this about the game music. I said it a long time ago but had no support at the time, so maybe you all will succeed where I failed.

Needs to be separate audio sliders for the music and the rest of the audio. And please, please, change out that airplane music and the Beverly Hills music too. The airplane music is also used in other towns, and I flinch every time.

Current gripe: The game keeps freezing and crashing, when I vote.
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    YES. I am with you on ALL of this.

That start-up noise, ugh. My game is always set to sound OFF, and my phone is usually on silent as well. I always forget, after I've turned the volume up for another reason. Open the game again and that sound scares the hell out of me, and I jump about a mile. You're totally right, it should obey the overall game setting. I can't even think of another game that doesn't.

Also with you on the music vs. sound effects. A few months ago the music stopped working for a bit and I was SO happy, because I do want sound effects. But they fixed it, of course. :-(

Plus that awful startup noise totally rats us out to friends & family. I can't pretend to be emailing or something else productive when that music tells everyone nearby that I just opened a game.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    I spent over $100,000 K-cash on furnishing and decorating the So Chic London store in KKH and it isn't even finished.

They do offer one K-cash option per item, there might even be two K-cash options on one of the things. the other options are 20 or 35 K-stars I think.

Once chosen you don't get the option again.

I wish I had not chosen the clothes rack. It was 50,000 K-cash and blocks most of that end of the store. Can't see how big the store is now. I think they should've made it not as solid, or made it smaller.

I wish there was a way to do away with the dots in the houses and stores, if we don't want to furnish it completely. Sometimes it looks better without so much clutter in it.
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to do away with the dots in the houses and stores, if we don't want to furnish it completely. Sometimes it looks better without so much clutter in it.

I second this.
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    I receive this information from glu today and I don't know how to feel about it
    Sometimes, the weekend events are only run on Android/iOS platforms. I apologize for the inconvenience and dismay this issue has caused you

So, we only have the warranty of a full game if we play on Android/iOS. In other words I just have to deal with the fact that there are times when I'm not going to be able to have the beautiful things for the weekend event for my girl because she's on my facebook game :(
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote:
    Megannita wrote: »
    I second this.

100% agree with yall
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
    Lilei - The Hookah Den is for complaining about the game, not for criticizing other players. We try to be a supportive community and try to avoid attacking each other. Sometimes people don't click or their personality's clash but there' is no need for either of them to be spiteful regarding the other.

I see you're new and I'm sorry that you've had a bad experience. Koko volunteers a lot of time here on the Forum but she can't always fix a problem. She tries to help but isn't omniscient. But even if you are disappointed in your experience with Koko, the Hookah Den isn't a place to come and criticize her.

I do hope that you're able to solve your issues with Glu/KKH and that you are able to enjoy the Forum. There are a lot of fun, intelligent, and passionate people here.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    lilei wrote: »
    You might want to have that conversation about spitefulness with someone else. I don't wear a hat and my skin is thick enough to not bother with online bully behavior since it's an indicator of where society is in my personal opinion. That said, I think the game was probably created more for people who use droids as opposed to FB so now that I get that I understand the glitches. Thanks HollySisk.

I've seen some other players who play KKH through Facebook complain that they seem last in line with Glu. I have no doubt that that is incredibly frustrating. I feel that Glu should support all platforms equally or not provide the game on that platform at all. It's not right to treat customers who invest time and money as if their commitment to the game is less important because they use FB instead of iOS or Android.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • lileililei Registered Users 33 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I've seen some other players who play KKH through Facebook complain that they seem last in line with Glu. I have no doubt that that is incredibly frustrating. I feel that Glu should support all platforms equally or not provide the game on that platform at all. It's not right to treat customers who invest time and money as if their commitment to the game is less important because they use FB instead of iOS or Android.

It never dawned on me until tonight that KKH was created more for iOS and Android players. I suppose I could play it on iOS, but the laptop is easier. I might try that platform and agree with your sentiments. Glu should support all of them equally. Nice look btw for your doll. It seems (my opinion only) that the dolls for fb may or may not have more options in terms of appearances with facial features and hair. I don't know, but it seems that way to me. Your doll looks great!
  • wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    My game no longer provides trailers for me to watch when I go to earn free K-stars and press "other offers". I've waited and waited for them to return, and it's now been five weeks.

I'm sick of Glu only offering nice silver accessories in the gift boxes. SICK OF IT. I can't express how angry I am. I feel stupid because it's just a game, but I can't believe that I've been playing this for over a year and have spent so much money on this game, and I still don't have ONE nice silver necklace to wear. I can't stress this enough - NOT EVEN ONE. Every time they offer silver accessories in the gift boxes, I bite and spend so much money opening boxes trying to get a necklace. I never, ever, ever, EVER EVER EVER win them. I want to pull out my hair lol it infuriates me so much that i'm starting to think my game is rigged. They know how much i want a silver necklace because it's all I've been asking for for months, so Glu rigs my game so I can never win them.

My game has also been really laggy ever since the last update, and I'm growing more and more over it. I can't stand it when I gt updates about Willow Pape because it takes a full minute - sometimes two - for me to actually make the notification disappear. I'm running out of patience. Fix the lag, Glu... and for ****ing ONE TIME IN HISTORY make a nice silver necklace 'earnable' rather than putting it in a gift box. FFS.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    These weekend event giftboxes are the worst omg. I'm really frustrated because I hardly ever win special event items anymore. I think that 50 energy bolts and $4000 shouldn't be put inside of the weekend event giftboxes. It's really pointless when all I really wanted was more clothing and jewelry for my doll. Point blank period.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Well, I don't like that they haven't given us a chance to earn KStars for 2 VIP events now.

They haven't fixed my iPad game who got the ad button removed after purchasing KStars for months now. The only way I had been earning KStars was during VIP events where they gave us a KStar for each 5 stars gig we complete, but it never appeared again.

So now, I have no way to earn KStars.
    PM to add
  • Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    image_zpsytejvsgy.jpeg
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I'm noticing a pattern Glu... Ever since you decide to add exclusive items to VIP weekend gift boxes, you've made it hard as heck to get the most coveted items. Harder than any other weekend items.

No one here or other KKH communities have seen the gift box purse until they've won the earrings and necklace.

It's s bad enough to continue loading the boxes with $4K K-Kash

PhotoGrid_1442577220668_zps6squv15p.jpg
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    So...here is my torch song, if you will. I have been playing KKH for almost a year, have been lurking and occasionally posting on the forums for a few months, and have come to the realization that I am no longer enjoying the game. These forums, with all of the dynamic personalities who post here, is much more entertaining. At least here, the members are supportive and really care about each other.

I spend money on entertainment with the expectation of enjoyment. When I purchase a product, and find that I am dissatisfied with it, I either return it, or I discontinue using it. This is the case with KKH. After spending an embarrassing amount of my money to play this game, I find that I am dissatisfied with it. I do not expect any returns, however, I will discontinue supporting a company whose disregard of its customers continues, despite petitions, protests, and kindhearted requests.

Thank you to everyone on the forums. You are the best thing that Glu Games has going for itself.
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
    So...here is my torch song, if you will. I have been playing KKH for almost a year, have been lurking and occasionally posting on the forums for a few months, and have come to the realization that I am no longer enjoying the game. These forums, with all of the dynamic personalities who post here, is much more entertaining. At least here, the members are supportive and really care about each other.

I spend money on entertainment with the expectation of enjoyment. When I purchase a product, and find that I am dissatisfied with it, I either return it, or I discontinue using it. This is the case with KKH. After spending an embarrassing amount of my money to play this game, I find that I am dissatisfied with it. I do not expect any returns, however, I will discontinue supporting a company whose disregard of its customers continues, despite petitions, protests, and kindhearted requests.

Thank you to everyone on the forums. You are the best thing that Glu Games has going for itself.

I'm sorry to see you go but I certainly understand your reasoning. You'll be missed here in the Forum!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    I totally understand now this reaction.. I am also getting close...
  • lileililei Registered Users 33 Posts
    I've noticed that too. The hair from two weekends ago was tough to get. Basically, you had to host parties all weekend and do no jobs and then the dress I didn't get it. I seldom get beyond two on the weekend events.
    Well - I'm not sure how complain-y I feel, because in a way I'm glad I'm not that into the weekend's clothes because I was so low on K stars and felt like taking a break this weekend.

But, I did feel zonked when I spent the 40 K stars I was hoping to save for something nice...on a 40 K star box and guess what:

zzpMcTB.png

Please, can we not have energy bolts or money in 40 K-star boxes? They are renewable resources which also mean they are quickly gone. I would like something that I can *keep* please. What's more I had just finished an 8 hour task with 5 stars rating. And I had turned down Simon's offer of 'extra jobs.' So I had no need of energy bolts, because my plan is to usually log in twice a day, and let the energy meter fill up naturally, in between (same with pets, so I take a world flight to pick up another 34 bolts to finish the job, when I play.)

So, in other words, my energy meter would've filled up on its own...and I just threw 40 K stars away on this.

I notice that there is nothing from the prize pack in there but the jewelry. I do love the necklace; would love to have a chance to buy it. I agree we need way more silver jewelry and black jewelry for those whose dolls have lighter hair. The gold jewelry against gold hair just disappears.

The main reason I decided to splurge was I decided I kinda liked the white gown after all, and also the white purse. And, I thought, I get two gift boxes if I spent this much: the one in the box I buy and the one in the box it activates (because it's a spend-stars event.)

In my spend-stars event gift box, this is what I got:

fnnxgnc.png

I am actually happy with that, because technically it was 'free' (unless you count the 40 stars it took to get to it. Lol) and I needed a white handbag. And it's streamlined. The huge handbags hide the doll so I prefer the streamlined or small ones.

It looks very cute with the short white 'tennis dress' looking thing and the 400 K cash shoes, so I hope others win it, because there are so many white clothes.

But I notice that the gown isn't in there. I think it should be, rather than all the other 'normal' things. At least there was no K cash in that one, though; and, at least, if they won the K stars they could try again. (If others got a similar prize array.)

I don't think things that can be won in everyday or 10 K star boxes should be in the 40 K star boxes. I know it's been said before. I know it's hard to keep so much content coming...but there must be a solution? I know artists aren't that expensive depending where one hires. There are so many talented artists in the world.

So anyway...

eZSpW1R.png

This one was a recent 10 K star box. I haven't been buying those because up until I got the Kim's Pick this weekend (which I liked well enough, but mainly got for the K stars pack), I had so little stars. So this must've been a daily freebie, not sure. (There was one day I bought a box or two after the daily freebie, I think.)

If it was free, I can't gripe about it, although I wish I'd have won the silvery dress beside it Lol. Those new dresses are very cute. But, this shows that the same types of prizes are in both the everyday array and the 40 K star arrays. And, expendable resources as prizes don't feel like prizes. K stars, maybe? Not so much the cash, or the bolts; although when it's a daily freebie, maybe that's more understandable.

Serendipity I echo that you will be missed and I hope you will drop in to say hi sometimes.
    image_zpsytejvsgy.jpeg

This made me LOL. Because there were no words with it and because that dress loves us all a lot ;)
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    I'm MAD!!! I unlocked So Chic London.. Its ****ing expensive to decorate it!!!
    Glu, do you know how we earn 50000 kcash on this game? Try playing it and earn it and than make shelves that cost that much!!! I'm literally fumming now. And the decoration is not even beautiful, it's plain simple, and ugly purple/pink color!
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    What makes me mad is that Glu don't give a shlt about our complains, they keep adding new stuff without taking care of fixing old problems, I mean seriously has any of you ever seen one of your suggestions considered by Glu ? The dating system sux, everything is more expensive, gift boxes are terrible (IN HOW MANY COLORS ARE YOU GONNA GIFT ME THAT SWIMSUIT, ENOUGH ALREADY)

So why you do us like that Glu ? That's my only question, Why do you treat your customers like shlt ?
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I'm MAD!!! I unlocked So Chic London.. Its ****ing expensive to decorate it!!!
    Glu, do you know how we earn 50000 kcash on this game? Try playing it and earn it and than make shelves that cost that much!!! I'm literally fumming now. And the decoration is not even beautiful, it's plain simple, and ugly purple/pink color!

I'm taking my sweet ole time to decorate So Chic London. It's not even worth it at this point to start furnishing it now. I'm just gonna focus to buy three more properties on my game. So Chic London is the last place to be decorated on my checklist.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections