Weekend Event 09/18/2015 - We don't need any teasers or clues...We have Fashion!

Comments

• Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    There is a time for everything I guess and if it time to live so be it. I always enter my game on a weekend event with the absolut knowledge that if I'm lucky I would get to open the gift box from the first part of the event and that's it. So, I find enjoyment in just playing but weekend events without getting stars to expend are a real joy killer. I understand that.

Because the 21th is my birthday I was *this close* today to give in and buy kstars but it didn't happen, hell...no!!!. That is exactly why glu keeps on getting its way, we give in and invest money in the game. The joy of that is not real guys!, I much rather go out and expend my money on an icecream, go to the movies, whatever. The doll is still going to be there and next weekend the event will be different and we get to enjoy a different thing and buy some amazing clothes with non existing money.

I think my facebook doll has enough clothes for me to enjoy dressing her up and never have I ever win all of the items of the weekend event. I win the ones we get to work for, not those that requiere taking away money from my everyday life so an avatar enjoys the life of a movie star. So, I say lest just enjoy what we have today...I might never get to see Xime in that red dress but if I'm lucky enough I would see myself going out with my friends and family and having a good time with that money I was planning to expend in Kstars. Lol.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I should've known that blazer would be a VIP item - I loved it too much! XD

I really am surprised that for a fashion doll game there wasn't more fashion week related things. like, they introduce this new concept for last weekend but didn't use it at all during the rest of fashion week? Why not make some flash events monday - thursday for 24 hour items you would need 30 or so clicks to get? that way you could win it buy participating twice & winning once or just entering 3 times.

Some of the newer clothes are really just recolors and all the decent stuff is only money based, especially with no free k-star offers. Not to mention, as cute as the blazer is I'd never pay $50 USD for it.

OH KKH. I love fashion doll games like this & collecting items, which is what keeps me, but I wish they could've bridged more of a gap between it & Stardom: Hollywood sometimes.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • IlanawexlerIlanawexler Registered Users 130 Posts
    I read somewhere that there's another fashion week event coming and that's when we'll get Karl Lagerfeld as a VIP. I had the white dress in my gift box but ended up winning the daily gift box dress that came out in the new update.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I just love the fashion aspect of this game. I say it all the time, but it brings out the Barbie Doll lover in me, and remember we'd just change outfits all the time. That was playing Barbie, But now we do things. And it's not just me and Cindy Hoffman across the street, It's me here, Cindy in Colorado, New Hampshire, Japan, Bulgaria. Ok, enough about the game.

Back to Fashion............Look what I found
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
    NYFW ended yesterday and now it's London Fashion Week. They announced special events for NYFW and PFW only. Paris Fashion Week is taking place after Milan Fashion week so I'm guessing we'll have another special fashion event starting October 2nd.
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I am so disappointed that the VIP weekend doesn't include earning a K star for every gig you finish with 5 stars. That was the only way I could earn K stars. While I do purchase K star packs, earning a few made me feel better about my K star investment.

I think Glu is being very short sighted and greedy. By not allowing us to earn a few K stars, they are truly angering most players and even losing some players all together.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Usually for the V.I.P weekend events I usually earned something from the giftbox and then the second earn able item. I could never be able to get the rest of the items though. I just don't want to spend the rest of my kstars just for the V.I.P weekend event.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Thanks PizzaParty. Nice to see you here.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Hey guys!

First congratulations to Minne for being our hostess!

They say be careful what you wish for because you can get ... I wanted a VIP event but not this one ... can I exchange?:p

It seems that shorts are the new plaid for men's clothing, meh!

Where's the fun in this game? I want a k-star for every 5 star rated gig back to VIP events... now :mad:

I don't know what to do I don't like any male item of the event so it feels super wrong encourage Glu to bring this kind of thing buying anything this weekend, but I wanted so much to buy a couple of little things! Ugh this sucks!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Vats wrote: »
    Where's the fun in this game? I want a k-star for every 5 star rated gig back to VIP events... now :mad:

I don't know what to do I don't like any male item of the event so it feels super wrong encourage Glu to bring this kind of thing buying anything this weekend, but I wanted so much to buy a couple of little things! Ugh this sucks!

I think it is W R O N G for Glu to remove the k star for every 5 star rates gig. It was the ONLY way I could earn k stars.

I'm sorry you're disappointed in the men's fashion. I hate it when the "event" fashion has items almost identical to what's already in our wardrobe.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    I just love the fashion aspect of this game. I say it all the time, but it brings out the Barbie Doll lover in me, and remember we'd just change outfits all the time. That was playing Barbie, But now we do things. And it's not just me and Cindy Hoffman across the street, It's me here, Cindy in Colorado, New Hampshire, Japan, Bulgaria. Ok, enough about the game.

Back to Fashion............Look what I found

I love this!!!
    You remind me of the babe...
  • nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    I got the VIP green earrings, which I don't complain about at all. They're actually really nice.
    The golden bracelet seemed reasonable at 50 kstars. I had some to spare so why not, but then when I got to the hair and found out it required you to spend 300 kstars to get it? No, **** that.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I got a hairstyle from the Gift Box. It was at the bottom of the wardrobe.

Nv2tzvx.png
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Yes Holly, there are so many things wrong with this game lately! I feel sorry for the delay in the repair of your button, shame Glu!

So were you happy with the hair Charli? Hey have you gotten that tattoo of the boxes? I'm still waiting for it!:(
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    So were you happy with the hair Charli? Hey have you gotten that tattoo of the boxes? I'm still waiting for it!:(

Oh I wish, never had on my previous game either. They should offer us the golden boxes more often. The hair is just okay...
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • LxtwnLxtwn Registered Users 56 Posts
    Screenshot_2015-09-18-18-49-29.png

You have to be ****ing kidding me!!!!!
    I feel your pain Lxtwn. This was my first group of boxes. I chose everything but a legit prize. Ugh!!!

1wIN0v9.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    In my 40 K star box, which I decided to buy just to see what would happen and if I'd get anything in it, I got 50 energy bolts.

That purchase opened the event box though. In the event box, I got the white purse. I like it a lot.

I wasn't super crazy about this weekend's clothes. Red and white, probably my two least fave colors but they did me a favor, because I really shouldn't be tempted to buy K stars right now.

The red gown, there is a flaw in the draping (in my opinion) and, the ballgown and the hairstyle remind me too much of Barbie. The white gown...I like the style but...not a great fan of red or white clothes. Even on my doll. This weekend's stuff will look great on dolls that are not pale or blond though.

So in a way I am happy to have a weekend free of being tempted or the pressure of grinding the game away. Last weekend was a lighter event that way also. Thanks Glu!
  • natchulanatchula Registered Users 135 Posts
    I went for the Ruby Rose look with my doll *imagine arm sleeve tattoo*

2wnyf5z.jpg
    add me on GC; natbchula
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    Weird, I typed up a long post about the event and what I bought/won, and posted it about 45 mins ago but it is gone?

Anyway I'm back with BAD news. After I posted, I opened my game, and everything was back to what my game looked like before the event. I no longer have the earner items or the pets, clothes, shoes I bought. Or the items I won from the gift boxes.The $60 k star pack I bought this morning and spent? It's like it never happened - except in my PayPal account!!

I just sent a support ticket. UGH. I hope they can give me my stars back before this weekend event is over!! I really wanted that hair and dress! :(:(:(

Someone please reassure me that it's possible and they've been refunded stars quickly?? :(
    iOS
  • nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    I probably have a very unpopular opinion about the red dress, but does anybody else feel like they literally photoshopped the real life dress's fabric onto the game dress? As in, they didn't actually draw the dress fabric like they usually do with the rest of the clothing.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
    I probably have a very unpopular opinion about the red dress, but does anybody else feel like they literally photoshopped the real life dress's fabric onto the game dress? As in, they didn't actually draw the dress fabric like they usually do with the rest of the clothing.

Yeah I think that I noticed it too. The dress fabric from the game looked too realistic for me. It seems like Glu didn't even make an effort to actually draw the dress fabric as the real life one.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• lespritdescalierlespritdescalier Registered Users 66 Posts
    happy weekend everyone! what are you guys up now that we have a bit of time on our hands with this vip event? i'm making some jewelry and cooking some spanish rice. super exciting friday night.

i like the event, though i don't think i'll go for the giant ballgown, despite how lovely it is. i love the hair though, so i spent 300 stars for it and am now very poor. i managed to get a shirt i've had my eye on for a while and a kim's pick from long ago, though, so i was happy for that. somehow, i managed to get the event earrings out of the box i earned. and i'm still not sure how to style this jumpsuit exactly. sorry for narcissistic show and tell.

h2yckZo.jpg
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts

I totally agree! I want it especially because of its uniqueness. There's definitely something off about it! The detail of the drape shapes is mesmerizing. Can't look away.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    happy weekend everyone! what are you guys up now that we have a bit of time on our hands with this vip event? i'm making some jewelry and cooking some spanish rice. super exciting friday night.

i like the event, though i don't think i'll go for the giant ballgown, despite how lovely it is. i love the hair though, so i spent 300 stars for it and am now very poor. i managed to get a shirt i've had my eye on for a while and a kim's pick from long ago, though, so i was happy for that. somehow, i managed to get the event earrings out of the box i earned. and i'm still not sure how to style this jumpsuit exactly. sorry for narcissistic show and tell.

h2yckZo.jpg

This whole game and this forum are absolutely about playing with friends who can appreciate a good narcissistic show & tell! I loved your little trunk show. Very nice. The hair is sooo perfect in pink on your doll!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

AliBryant wrote: »
    Weird, I typed up a long post about the event and what I bought/won, and posted it about 45 mins ago but it is gone?

Anyway I'm back with BAD news. After I posted, I opened my game, and everything was back to what my game looked like before the event. I no longer have the earner items or the pets, clothes, shoes I bought. Or the items I won from the gift boxes.The $60 k star pack I bought this morning and spent? It's like it never happened - except in my PayPal account!!

I just sent a support ticket. UGH. I hope they can give me my stars back before this weekend event is over!! I really wanted that hair and dress! :(:(:(

Someone please reassure me that it's possible and they've been refunded stars quickly?? :(

I saw your earlier post about your birthday, the $60 to buy k stars, and what you were purchasing. I wonder where it went? More importantly, what is wrong with your game! Yikes. That's awful. I have heard that purchased k stars can be restored but I don't know how it works with the special event items. Hopefully Glu will respond faster than usual.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    I'm thinking maybe I should just open a PayPal dispute? The whole point of me saving stars up to spend now was to get the VIP items as a bonus for all my purchases. So I guess I can purchase another $60 pack now, and get refunded on the other one later.
    iOS
    I'm thinking maybe I should just open a PayPal dispute? The whole point of me saving stars up to spend now was to get the VIP items as a bonus for all my purchases. So I guess I can purchase another $60 pack now, and get refunded on the other one later.

Why don't you try to PM Koko and see if she can offer you any advice? She's always helping players so she may have run in to your situation before.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • pandamoo85pandamoo85 Registered Users 107 Posts

I had this happen to me once. Bought a star pack and then the game crashed and when I reopened everything was gone but I was still charged. Instead of waiting weeks to hear back from customer support, I contacted iTunes instead and they gave me a refund within like 12 hours. Might be an option for you if you don't hear back from GLU quickly!
    My avi's name is Star -- she shows up as Starfaise for GC contacts. :o
    I'm definitely on my music mode right now.🎵🎶
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG