Weekend Event 10/02 - "Fall" into a Party Mode < Birthday Party for October Babies!!!

Comments

• KerriKerri Registered Users 22 Posts
    Charli wrote: »
    I'll be honest, that hairstyle is one of the best I've seen so far. Worth the k-stars spent.

Anyone attempted the task yet?

Yes, 25 stars on the 1st gig ⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I wouldn't wear nude shoes with a black dress either. Kim seems to be a big fan of nude shoes. I guess she thinks it makes her legs look longer.

I also think the black heels in the earner boxes aren't flattering at all. Those thin horizontal bands would make almost everyones' foot look fat.

Fortunately I do like both of the Weekend Event dresses even if they are black (I think we have so many black dresses already!)

Don't we have so many black dresses already because Kim's outfits are usually in black clothing? I mean it seems as if dark colors are one of her favorites I guess⁉😕
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Nai,

Let me know if the small talk buttons refresh within the 3 hour party timeframe.

The last time I waited for them to refresh was for Khloe's party weekend and I remember b!shing about them NEVER refreshing unless I did an 8hr party and waited 4 hours (which is absolutely not worth it).

I haven't tried since...

Which is this skin tone the second one or the third :D ..

Third :)
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    DMV, they do. I tried on both games, they refresh after 2 hours for 3h parties. After several parties, there was only once on my android game it didn't refresh at all.
    PM to add
  • CooleenCooleen Registered Users 80 Posts
    So, I haven't gotten the event this weekend...
    Does anyone know why it wouldn't show up in my game?
    Game Centre Name: ColleenAndrew. - KKH: Cools
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Holly, did you buy the stars and win the hair? I'm looking to you for encouragement. One game has the shoes, the other 2 are closing in on them. The bag shows as 300, so is the dress 500? or 600 again? And this weekend, the timed events ARE giving bonuses.

Yes, I bought K Stars and eventually "won" the Event Hair. If you look on p 12 of this thread, I posted a summary of my quest for new hair.
    I haven't "earned" the purse yet so I don't know about the dress but I would be SHOCKED if Glu made it 500 like we want.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • LiaLia Registered Users 113 Posts
    The rose dress requires 600 points
    Game Centre: +Lya+
  • pandamoo85pandamoo85 Registered Users 107 Posts
    Finally at my computer to post pictures!! Here's my super lucky crazy box - I always pick this exact box on the daily gifts but try to change it up on the weekend event boxes -- closed my eyes and tapped randomly and happened to pick my normal box LOL.

ok64vp.jpg

And here's Star with her pretty hair!

vgjt4m.jpg
    My avi's name is Star -- she shows up as Starfaise for GC contacts. :o
    Finally a hairstyle that isn't overwhelmed by the enormous earrings. I'm not a fan of huge earrings in real life but tried to make them work in KKH. Unfortunately I feel like they take over the entire look with most hairstyles but this new hair is a good option with them.

z1lIVdF.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    I haven't spent any kstars on giftboxes for a while and I acutely liked the giftbox items this weekend so I had too...
    image_zpsxzgtzixt.jpg

But seriously this is probably the worst Giftbox I've ever opened..
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    On the bright side I could finally afford those 12,000 kcash sunglasses..
    image_zpsmomnimkp.jpg

I'm so anti-sunglasses since that's all Glu ever gives the guys, but I had nothing else to buy so whatever.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • lespritdescalierlespritdescalier Registered Users 66 Posts
    Finally a hairstyle that isn't overwhelmed by the enormous earrings. I'm not a fan of huge earrings in real life but tried to make them work in KKH. Unfortunately I feel like they take over the entire look with most hairstyles but this new hair is a good option with them.

z1lIVdF.jpg

oh man, that looks awesome, ms. sisk. prepare for imminent, complimentary copy-catting because i love that look.
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    I just had bad luck this weekend. Panda opened the hair in her one "free" shot at it and Katinkae only had to open three boxes before she opened a box with the hair.

I always have bad luck though... and I don't have the possibility of spending 200$ on Kstars...so I can open 3 boxes together with the free one... ack. Not sure if I want to "waste" hard-earned Kstars or not... decisions decisions
    Val_ wrote: »
    I always have bad luck though... and I don't have the possibility of spending 200$ on Kstars...so I can open 3 boxes together with the free one... ack. Not sure if I want to "waste" hard-earned Kstars or not... decisions decisions

some people seem to be having good luck with the hair this weekend! my vote is do it, just so you won't regret missing out later. unless you don't really care for the hair, then totally skip it and keep saving up for something that you really do love. also there's a chance it could be in a throwback box later, so there's that possible option as well. i still say go for it!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Wow thanks Holly for the detailed break down of all your boxes.

So in total you spent 840 - 200 = 640 KStars. I once spent half the amount and not get the hair and I was already super upset, I can only imagine the frustration you felt.

The thing which holds me back from spending a lot on this game is the value, the worth. For 130 bucks, I can get the largest pack in another game I play and probably use it for 1 month. And that means getting new content daily. I don't always yearn for all the new content, so it can sometimes hold off for 2 months. I have heavily invested in that game. Here in KKH, 130 bucks gives me 1250 KStars which if I were in Holly's shoes, I'll be losing half of it in a single day. How much can my 130 bucks get from this game, I'll bet it doesn't even sustain 1 month. But, with that said, I am willing to give it a shot and see how long the largest pack lasts me.
    PM to add
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    some people seem to be having good luck with the hair this weekend! my vote is do it, just so you won't regret missing out later. unless you don't really care for the hair, then totally skip it and keep saving up for something that you really do love. also there's a chance it could be in a throwback box later, so there's that possible option as well. i still say go for it!

Thanks! I feel slightly more motivated now! *deep breath*

Last time I was so mad all I got were regular box items.. I didn't play for 2 weeks lol
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    Cant believe i finished on a friday. Thats once in a lifetime! Haha! I been grinding all day and got a lot of energybolts in the giftboxes though. I love the dress and the hair!!

Ofc my doll is closing her eyes when im 'bout to take a picture of her

image.png
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Wow thanks Holly for the detailed break down of all your boxes.

So in total you spent 840 - 200 = 640 KStars. I once spent half the amount and not get the hair and I was already super upset, I can only imagine the frustration you felt.

The thing which holds me back from spending a lot on this game is the value, the worth. For 130 bucks, I can get the largest pack in another game I play and probably use it for 1 month. And that means getting new content daily. I don't always yearn for all the new content, so it can sometimes hold off for 2 months. I have heavily invested in that game. Here in KKH, 130 bucks gives me 1250 KStars which if I were in Holly's shoes, I'll be losing half of it in a single day. How much can my 130 bucks get from this game, I'll bet it doesn't even sustain 1 month. But, with that said, I am willing to give it a shot and see how long the largest pack lasts me.

This was definitely the most K Stars I've spent on a weekend event. The last time I had such difficulty getting the new hairstyle was the half top bun/ half bob look. I got so angry after a grouping of all Kash and Energy boxes that I gave up. I wasn't going to chase after a hairstyle that I wasn't sure I even liked. The anger/frustration really stayed with me because I felt like I had wasted so many stars and never got the item I wanted. I don't understand why Glu doesn't realize how destructive that is for customer morale.

I don't think I'm an unreasonable person. Truthfully I only get angry if I open boxes whose value is less than 40 K stars. This is the hated $4,000 Kash and ho hum items from the daily gift boxes (like the sports bra and plain pumps). If I open the 50 energy, I don't love it but i can accept it. While I have never just bought energy before, I know they charge 40 k stars for 50 energy so I can accept the "value" and the extra energy usually helps me in my quest to get the earner items. If I open the 40 K star coin, that's an even trade. If I open daily gift box items that would cost 40 K stars and up, I can accept it. Sure I would love them in a free daily gift box but I'm usually happy to receive the item, especially if it's nice enough to be *worth* 40 K stars (like the new halter dresses). Of course we all want the weekend event items but I understand why they aren't in every box, it's a game of chance. I just get angry when Glu stacks the deck so steeply that its insulting.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • DanniDanni Registered Users 143 Posts
    The one weekend event I miss and it had those absolutely awful high heeled sneakers I adored (my wardrobe is basically made up of 'is that ugly? I love it'). But I love the flowery dress this week!
    Lightsticks11 on gc!
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Katinkae wrote: »
    Cant believe i finished on a friday. Thats once in a lifetime! Haha! I been grinding all day and got a lot of energybolts in the giftboxes though. I love the dress and the hair!!

Ofc my doll is closing her eyes when im 'bout to take a picture of her

image.png

She looks beautiful!!!. I'm trying to safe my kstars for the holidays so I just got the 1 giftbox for Xime and Garrett but I'm feeling good about it. The hair is worth the effort you guys are putting though!!
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Danni wrote: »
    The one weekend event I miss and it had those absolutely awful high heeled sneakers I adored (my wardrobe is basically made up of 'is that ugly? I love it'). But I love the flowery dress this week!

I wish I could give them to you!. I don't see Xime ever putting those on. I love the dress so I had to 'buy' the sneakers to be able to get there but they are not Xime's style lol.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Omg is it me or are these 6 hr gigs are very tiring? I'm doing the first 6 hr gig related to this weekend event and the last two stars are taking me forever to fill up! Uggghhh 😣
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Okay guys just getting started now. Yep super late. Dang work, then errands. I think I must have that hair! You all look so fabulous so far. Wish me luck. :) I have a busy weekend ahead but I have an energy drink and sweat pants on so I'm ready to grind tonight!
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    Omg is it me or are these 6 hr gigs are very tiring? I'm doing the first 6 hr gig related to this weekend event and the last two stars are taking me forever to fill up! Uggghhh &#55357;&#56867;

yes! i agree, carol. these six hour gigs take more energy than the eight hour gigs. but so long as they are only on the weekends and not in the regular storyline missions, i can't complain too much. but sheesh!
  • MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts
    Does anyone know if the weekend event gives a large bonus in the end?
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
    Eselletea wrote: »
    Okay guys just getting started now. Yep super late. Dang work, then errands. I think I must have that hair! You all look so fabulous so far. Wish me luck. :) I have a busy weekend ahead but I have an energy drink and sweat pants on so I'm ready to grind tonight!

you can do it! energy drink + sweat pants = perfect grind gear.
  • LxtwnLxtwn Registered Users 56 Posts
    I swore that I wasn't gonna spend my hard earned k-stars until black friday but, I bought 3 boxes for that beautiful hair. I didn't get it, I mean, I didn't even see it those four times I tried! I'm so ****ed, the really nice hairstyles are always on the giftboxes and they make it impossible for us to actually win it without spending money. Thank god I can't buy stars.
    Mauve wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the weekend event gives a large bonus in the end?

Yes, the final gig gives bonus K Stars (when you tap the green button) but I don't know exactly how many bcuz I didn't need them to finish

Hope this helps :)

Andriod player
    I spent way tooooo many K Stars today. So many boxes...so much energy.

PhotoGrid_1443837517425_zpsg8oefav8.jpg

Andriod player
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    I spent way tooooo many K Stars today. So many boxes...so much energy.

PhotoGrid_1443837517425_zpsg8oefav8.jpg

We must be spirit sisters DMV because not only did I spend a ton of K stars (see my summary on p 12) but I totally plan on wearing those boots with that dress! As soon as I saw how the netting looked on the sleeves, I thought of those boots!

I'm about 290 points away from the Rose dress but I will get there.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.