Weekend Event 10/09/15 ~ Everybody is a *Star* & We're the Best and Brightest!!! :)

Comments

• kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    It's been raining all day in Germany too.

I'm hoping for another "Outfit Voting Event Thing-y". I've spent all of my K stars last weekend, left my husband because he was annoying and needy.

I'm not really in the mood for a time consuming weekend event. I leveled up today and there was just one more dress in my closet that I can buy for 100 K stars. 😒😔

I think that I read in another tread that it might be useful to have a VIP ready to help you on weekend events. So I'll might just do this now while watching the European Qualifiers.

Edit: Wow, I don't know any of these shows you're talking about besides Pokemon. When I was young I just watched Sesame Street and Case Closed. Oh, and when I was a bit older I watched Baywatch and played lifesaver with my lifesaver Barbie doll which legs turned "neoprene" in water and in our swimming lessons in school we played Baywatch 😂😂😂
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Someone's getting a little dirty here lol.
    PM to add
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Someone's getting a little dirty here lol.

Haha, we were like six and thought saving lives in the kiddie pool was soooo cool. 😂😂😂
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts

Edit: Wow, I don't know any of these shows you're talking about besides Pokemon. When I was young I just watched Sesame Street and Case Closed. Oh, and when I was a bit older I watched Baywatch and played lifesaver with my lifesaver Barbie doll which legs turned "neoprene" in water and in our swimming lessons in school we played Baywatch 😂😂😂

I watched Pokemon when I was a kid but I was never a huge fan of the show. I watched Sesame Street too. I never watched Case Closed and Baywatch. I watched Animaniacs as a child.

[video=youtube_share;Vvy0wRLD5s8] http://youtu.be/Vvy0wRLD5s8[/video]
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

I watched Animaniacs as a child.

Never heard of this show and the trailer doesn't look familiar to me either.

Just 12 more hours until the weekend event. 🎉

Just 12 more hours until the weekend event. 🎉

I think that it will be a dating event since we didn't have one for a while.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

I think that it will be a dating event since we didn't have one for a while.

Guess I'll have to find a new date for my doll then. At least I've saved enough Kash to go on dates in Vegas.
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Congrats Trev :)

I'm also hoping for a dating event, for some reason I always find them slightly easier. I almost didn't finish the event last weekend. Good luck everyone!
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
    Guess I'll have to find a new date for my doll then. At least I've saved enough Kash to go on dates in Vegas.

Oh great! I think that I'll have my doll take her hubby to mirragio grande then. My doll is on a budget.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

My doll is on a budget.

Maybe you'll get a 4000 Kash event box 😁 I hope not. 😉

AmyT, do you have the house in Calabasas? I always had problems with party events until I bought this house.
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Hello all!! That time of the week again. I really miss you guys when I'm not able to actually get my butt in here. All that 90's talk!, it's actually weird because just yesterday my sister send me via facebook a little something about remembering how it was like to be a kid in the 90's, we have a good laugh because there were things in there that were kinda embarrassing. I was actually a teen in the 90's so, not so much pokemon for me, althought I do know the series because my little brother was A BIG FAN and he was a little baby back then.

I was 'totally' into Dawson's Creek. I'm still wating for Pacey to man up and call me!. Texting wasn't even a word, we were origami masters and every single letter or note we send each other was masterfully folded. It was a time when everybody had several hundreds of color pens and everybody draw little hearts and flowers all over the paper. I'm not ashamed to say my friends and I passed afternoons teaching each other how to draw **** and fold paper.

Kurt Cobain was the Elvis of my Teen years, I didn't even got to know of his existence before he was dead but man...the guy had a fanbase bigger than Justin has these days.

d3312299d601df63a536d2b655d76037

We loved our guys a little dirty and then the Backstreet Boys happened and dirty was not cool anymore.

[video]https://youtu.be/6M6samPEMpM[/video]

Oh! Sun in or any kind of colored paper and water to give a little touch of color to your hair was totally acceptable!

Encarta was my Google. And it rocked!

encarta.jpg
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Stardust, I'm on the edge of my seat, wondering what four letter word object you were teaching each other to draw! :p
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

Stardust1 wrote: »
    Hello all!! That time of the week again. I really miss you guys when I'm not able to actually get my butt in here. All that 90's talk!, it's actually weird because just yesterday my sister send me via facebook a little something about remembering how it was like to be a kid in the 90's, we have a good laugh because there were things in there that were kinda embarrassing. I was actually a teen in the 90's so, not so much pokemon for me, althought I do know the series because my little brother was A BIG FAN and he was a little baby back then.

I was 'totally' into Dawson's Creek. I'm still wating for Pacey to man up and call me!. Texting wasn't even a word, we were origami masters and every single letter or note we send each other was masterfully folded. It was a time when everybody had several hundreds of color pens and everybody draw little hearts and flowers all over the paper. I'm not ashamed to say my friends and I passed afternoons teaching each other how to draw **** and fold paper.

Kurt Cobain was the Elvis of my Teen years, I didn't even got to know of his existence before he was dead but man...the guy had a fanbase bigger than Justin has these days.

d3312299d601df63a536d2b655d76037

We loved our guys a little dirty and then the Backstreet Boys happened and dirty was not cool anymore.

[video]https://youtu.be/6M6samPEMpM[/video]

Oh! Sun in or any kind of colored paper and water to give a little touch of color to your hair was totally acceptable!

Encarta was my Google. And it rocked!

encarta.jpg

Yes omg I loved all of the pop boy bands that had 90s music including R&B too!

I also used to Encarta for assignments when my teachers wanted me to do a research paper.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

I loved the animaniacs-- they were zany to the max, and had baloney in their slacks! What's not to love!?

LuzVarias wrote: »
    Stardust, I'm on the edge of my seat, wondering what four letter word object you were teaching each other to draw! :p

LOL. Ops Glu did it again.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    Maybe you'll get a 4000 Kash event box  I hope not. 

AmyT, do you have the house in Calabasas? I always had problems with party events until I bought this house.

Yep I have that house, I also bought it when I saw on the forum it was best for parties :) I don't really own many houses, they're expensive and I think the main benefit is the pets (which I love). That's probably why I prefer dating events as I keep my money for those and date at Oak.

I think it was hard to finish last week as I seemed to be going round and round the world tapping and hardly getting any energy. Someone else mentioned too that pets don't give out energy as often now too, sometimes just cash.

Plus, I was also looking after my friend's bulldog puppy last weekend while she was away. He's so naughty (but cute!) I could hardly concentrate on the game like normal lol.

I also loved Dawson's Creek! The re-runs are being shown in the UK atm so I record them all :)
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I was really young, but I swear that I remember the premiere of this video!!!!!

Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    My nineties video! The tail end of the hair bands...

[video=youtube_share;rdOz1EihRV4]http://youtu.be/rdOz1EihRV4[/video]

And man did I love this song! Anyone ever hear this?

[video=youtube_share;KSU73awbZUw]http://youtu.be/KSU73awbZUw[/video]

• xxTrinePrincessxxxxTrinePrincessxx Registered Users 157 Posts
    I finally found The courage to post in a weekend event thread. Just wanted to say that I'm really excited and have a feeling it will be a good one �� Hoping for a dating event! Only a bit over 10 hours left��
    GC: trineaitken :o 19 year old girl from Norway
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Encarta was everyone's Google at that time!

You guys remember Crash Bandicoot? I had the whole set of CDs. I used to call my friends and play all day.

I also remember watching A Bug's Life, daily. :p
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    Nice to meet you, Trine!

I love 90's music :) Barbie Girl by Aqua is one of my favourites. And maybe fitting since we see our virtual dolls as Barbies.

I wish I could post the video to this thread... I only just learned how to post pictures lol. I must look back on the threads at some point and learn how to.
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Welcome Trine :)

Weekend threads r lots of fun! Nice to meet you
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
    Is anyone having trouble playing after the event was 'upload'?. I'm trying to clean Garrett's panel off of any other jobs for the weekend and my game keeps on crashing everytime I enter a building, open the contacts or the closet or an ad pops up. Android has been so good to me with this game my brain actually doesn't know how to cope with this LOL.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Stardust, this happens sometimes with androids. My old tablet (half a year old at the time but krap brabd) could do otherthings fine, and was absolutely chocking everytime and ad popped up. I promised myself a new one for Christmas, but I thought it was going to die first. So, I bought stars, eliminated the ads, and my device was fine for the 4 months till Christmas. Oh, and then once one device had the stars, I bought stars for the other 2 fine devices. brand new ipad, and 6 month old Samsung S4. That's how impressed I was with the whole difference.

Added: The transition from one screen to another was seemless. So smooth you weren't being constantly pulled out of the game brain by the ad. SO, No ads honestly got me in the zone for the first time. Imagine your first time you experienced the zOne? well, I lost all track of time, and when I was back I wanted a cigarette, and I haven't smoked in 5 years. ;) oh, sorry. You should really kill the ads. even the smallest package will do it. That my be the fastest easiest fix.

But, since it's new since the event load, why not post in FAQ and see if anyone is having this.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    My game lags often. I'm a paid user so no ads for me, but still when I try to organize my contacts, watch videos and access the wardrobe. It says not responding. It requires a lot of free memory now.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    Stardust, this happens sometimes with androids. My old tablet (half a year old at the time but krap brabd) could do otherthings fine, and was absolutely chocking everytime and ad popped up. I promised myself a new one for Christmas, but I thought it was going to die first. So, I bought stars, eliminated the ads, and my device was fine for the 4 months till Christmas. Oh, and then once one device had the stars, I bought stars for the other 2 fine devices. brand new ipad, and 6 month old Samsung S4. That's how impressed I was with the whole difference.

Well, that's sad. There is no way I would receive something like a tablet for Christmas lol or actually think about buying one. These parts of the world out of the dolar bills are not places to give that kind of gift ever, technology can be 3 times more expensive. And to buy stars is exactly the same, The credit card bill comes back with a little tax surprise for buying items in dolars...freaking expensive. I guess my option is take deep breaths and go on.

Thakns for giving me peace of mind!. At least is not the only Android in the world having problems LOL.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
  • BlushingBlushing Registered Users 18 Posts
    Oh, I know it's a long shot, but a throwback sale would be amazing.
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    90s Disney movies were the ish. Beauty & the Beast, The Lion King, Aladdin <3 I will still gladly watch them.

Speaking of Aladdin, the few times I went to the Disney parks and saw the Aladdin cast member he was always super attractive! I could never catch him to get a pic, though. Aladdin cast members are always hotties, though.

character-meet-aladdin-00.jpg?03042014115054
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    Eselletea wrote: »
    90s Disney movies were the ish. Beauty & the Beast, The Lion King, Aladdin <3 I will still gladly watch them.

Speaking of Aladdin, the few times I went to the Disney parks and saw the Aladdin cast member he was always super attractive! I could never catch him to get a pic, though. Aladdin cast members are always hotties, though.

character-meet-aladdin-00.jpg?03042014115054

Yes I always loved Disney movies ever since I was a child.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG