Weekend Event 10/09/15 ~ Everybody is a *Star* & We're the Best and Brightest!!! :)

Comments

• DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    All grinding music.

Fun facts:

Timbaland, is the executive music director on Empire and makes a cameo in both vids

Missy Elliott performed at this year's Super Bowl halftime show with Left Shark and Katy Perry.

Timbaland and Missy produced Aaliyah's last 2 albums and many more

I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Great tunes DMV. :) I just had a yearning for a little Weird Al. it's new but hey, it's a party.I love him. It's the song parodess in me. ;) Guy knows how to turn a phrase and make it fit the rhythm. ya know?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Lol i was tapping so intensely that my phone started to overheat. I've earned around 50 KStars today just from doing gigs.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Lol i was tapping so intensely that my phone started to overheat. I've earned around 50 KStars today just from doing gigs.

Wow...you are a tapping machine!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    So, any ideas about Tuesday and Wednesday's mysterious surprise? AppleP is probably skipping trying for anymore hair. I'm way over for the event. and my last gb had the hair, I didn't get it, 2 boxes of 50 energy, (I didn't get either of those) and 5 4000$ boxes. I got one of those. So, with boxes like that, she will never get the hair. I was so close, I was about to tap, then suddenly moved and tapped a different one. 500 Stars again. Still no hair for me. :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I was so close, I was about to tap, then suddenly moved and tapped a different one. 500 Stars again. Still no hair for me. :(

That is the worst!!! I had that happen to me and I literally yelled "Nooooooo!" when I saw what I had missed. I'm sorry you aren't finding the hair.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    So, any ideas about Tuesday and Wednesday's mysterious surprise? AppleP is probably skipping trying for anymore hair. I'm way over for the event. and my last gb had the hair, I didn't get it, 2 boxes of 50 energy, (I didn't get either of those) and 5 4000$ boxes. I got one of those. So, with boxes like that, she will never get the hair. I was so close, I was about to tap, then suddenly moved and tapped a different one. 500 Stars again. Still no hair for me. :(

Hmm.. Maybe a Halloween update? Or throwback boxes? Or a Wednesday event like we used to have...? Idk
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Nai when you'd rather get sick to not go work means you need to change your job lol

Ok don't push me, I'm halfway there I got my box yesterday!

Oh Eselle I hate to be nosy, but how about you open your heart to your boyfriend and tell him how this game is important to you, he knows how much you work and enjoy being with him ... this game is a time you reserve for yourself, we all need a moment to enjoy our individuality if you put this way maybe he understand!

I'm sorry about the hair Koko. Speaking of surprises and hair, tell me the surprise has to do with Brad Pitt's hair lol

I finished 'Hugh Jones' gigs and he was unmasked, Big Yes! I don't play nice anymore again!

And after finishing those gigs my way is free until the end of the event without have to do 8h gigs, of course that Simon is calling me every 2 seconds, but I'll just continue the story line after having secured a good amount of k-stars!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I like my job though, I don't have to 'go' to work, it's flexible. I just need to get tasks done, but the tasks are all really tough.

Omg you're the slowest shopper ever! lol.

Ok wait, why 2 days in a row? Tuesday and Wednesday. The voting fashion event? I'm hoping its throwback boxes on any of those days though. It's why they let us earn KStars now maybe.
    PM to add
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I feel like that's what happened last time: a chance to grind for Kstars, followed by the throwback event. Anyone else reember that, or am I way off? So I'm grinding hard, just in case...
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

Oh wait!

KStars sale?
    PM to add
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I hope the surprise comes with a new update! I finished filming ToC Part III and now no more gigs. So bored.

50% off on everything?
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    Surprise? What? I'm lost!
    Hey ticisss!

Koko said that is gonna happen something this week, but it's a surprise...

Based on predictions here I think I'll change my purchase plans ... Koko whyyyyyyyy ???

Charli so there is ToC Part 3, great!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    Hey there! I think it would be nice to have a 50% off on tuesday and an update with caitlyn on wednesday.
    Last weeks kuwtk and these weeks instagram posts show kim with cait and the other girls, so I am waiting for great gigs and a storyline that will prepare us to halloween (i dont say that caitlyn is halloween, I mean she can be a nice symbol for acceptance and getting together in family)
    Kisses
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Congrats, Trevor. Happy Event Thread!
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    This is my current trance music for Kstar grinding. And for running. Too bad I can't combine the two; it's hard enough to play the game at all when you have small kids at home, much less make time for exercising and scrounging for Kstars like a lunatic before the surprises arrive! I tried to grind while speed walking on my treadmill and almost died. Would've been one of the most pathetic deaths ever.
    [video=youtube_share;bHeVIFF-Yk8]http://youtu.be/bHeVIFF-Yk8[/video]
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

I just invited this friend to help me do a gig and I noticed that she's wearing the red shoes from the red one piece jumpsuit outfit. Any idea how you can wear those shoes with other outfits?

oaVT2Tk.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    I just finished a 3 hour appearance at the Britannia and it only took 24 energies. Most 3 hour appearances seem to take between 35-45 energies. Is there any rhyme or reason to this or is it totally random?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I just finished a 3 hour appearance at the Britannia and it only took 24 energies. Most 3 hour appearances seem to take between 35-45 energies. Is there any rhyme or reason to this or is it totally random?

I think Vats said somewhere that it helps to choose "small role" and "low profile" gigs. Although I have had some quick ones like that hat were not either of those, so who knows!
    iOS

I think it's pretty random but like what Ali said, those give a higher chance (For me it does).
    PM to add
  • xxTrinePrincessxxxxTrinePrincessxx Registered Users 157 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    I feel like that's what happened last time: a chance to grind for Kstars, followed by the throwback event. Anyone else reember that, or am I way off? So I'm grinding hard, just in case...

You're not off Luz. I remember it line that also! That's why I'm grinding and saving stars this weekend.
    GC: trineaitken :o 19 year old girl from Norway
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I also have no more gigs and I just reached max level... I'm just grinding all weekend on Simons random gigs to collect as much K-stars as possible (which is going nicely, closing in on 600 K-stars now!!!)!
    Hope there's an update soon, can't wait!
    Charli wrote: »
    I hope the surprise comeba with a new update! I finished filming ToC Part III and now no more gigs. So bored.

50% off on everything?
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I don't know why I'm not grinding at all for the V.I.P weekend event for more k-stars. I'm just too laid back for the occasion since Glu gave us an extra day. I just don't feel like energy hunting all day long especially when my doll has to go out on dates with her hubby on a daily basis. I believe that I might be stressed out to the max lol
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

AliBryant wrote: »
    I think Vats said somewhere that it helps to choose "small role" and "low profile" gigs.

Unfortunately this is old news, something changed and nowadays is totally random. I posted on another thread about it, you can make a 'high-profile' gig and spend only 9 energy bolts to fill 1 star and can also make a 'low-profile' gig and spend 16 energy bolts to fill 1 star!

Here is the result of my event:

I bought a beard for Vats to see what I'll earn from my box and depending on the outcome I would go or not to the next item...
    RziwHdV.png?1

With the extra k-stars I changed my plans and decided to go with the skull tattoo and won the burgundy shoes.

o6XVRqg.jpg

Vats is looking like a real bad boy now!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Vats wrote: »
    Unfortunately this is old news, something changed and nowadays is totally random. I posted on another thread about it, you can make a 'high-profile' gig and spend only 9 energy bolts to fill 1 star and can also make a 'low-profile' gig and spend 16 energy bolts to fill 1 star!

Here is the result of my event:

I bought a beard for Vats to see what I'll earn from my box and depending on the outcome I would go or not to the next item...

With the extra k-stars I changed my plans and decided to go with the skull tattoo and won the burgundy shoes.

Vats is looking like a real bad boy now![/CENTER]

Congrats Vats! I love your purchases/prizes.

Thanks for clarifying the energy vs event issue.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Kmbaby3Kmbaby3 Registered Users 58 Posts
    I just invited this friend to help me do a gig and I noticed that she's wearing the red shoes from the red one piece jumpsuit outfit. Any idea how you can wear those shoes with other outfits?

oaVT2Tk.jpg

It's a weird glitch, it only works for me on the jumpsuits that I don't own yet. So if you go to your closet and pick one you don't have click on it and it should go on your doll, click again on the same jumpsuit and it should change you clothes to clothes you own but you keep the shoes on. From there you can put any outfit on with those shoes. On my game if you click a third time on the jumpsuit my doll goes barefoot.
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    Started the 3rd comeback and I haven't gotten any gigs for it :|. On the bright side, I now have 191 k stars and counting!
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
    Hi. Congratulations. THere are no specific Comeback gigs, like there were when they were first rolled out. After that, all the gigs just went into the timeline, and whether or not you were doing a comeback, we all got the same gigs, just not in the same order. But now, you've done another comeback, and you just move forward with whatever the current jobs are.

Again, congratulations. I'm finding the 3rd comeback is easier for some reason than the 1st. Good luck and glad you're enjoying the game. ;)
    v
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary