Weekend Event 10/09/15 ~ Everybody is a *Star* & We're the Best and Brightest!!! :)

Comments

• MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    I want Karl Lagerfeld to join the game!! Or Caitlyn!! With some Juicy Stories and lots of good stuff in the wardrobe!!
    Come on come on Let's be suprised by Glu!!!

And Happy Birthday Luz!!!
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    I agree, yes please to Caitlyn, that would be fab. (and of course yes to loads of new clothes...)
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    Last year we didn't get a "halloween update" was just a normal update "Dubai update" with halloween decoration.
    Next weekend event is Kim's Birthday (17 to 21), normal weekend event (23 to 25), halloween event (30 to 1st) I GUESS.
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Thanks for the birthday wishes, Koko, Amy and Mklove! I appreciate it. And thank you also for that gorgeous Kobe rock. I'll wear it with a smile!

I took a half day off from work to celebrate a little, and now I'm eagerly awaiting some surprise along with the rest of you!

image_zpsy2zmjpzd.jpeg
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Happy Birthday Luz!

I wish you the best and that you have a magically perfect Queen day!

I'm very happy to have 'met' someone as fun and unique as you!

I adore you, that hug!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Thanks, dear Vats! You seem to be in an especially fun mood today-- darn this distance gap! I'd love to be messing around with friends this afternoon, but instead will probably work out, clean the house, and keep checking here for the surprise!

Tell me you're traveling with business right now, and are in the US, and then we can pick a bar!

• HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    A surprise should be dropping 200KStars in our accounts lol :p

If we're talking fantasies, let's go with 1,000! :-)
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Happy Birthday Luzzzzzz!! How do you feel being a year older.

Maybe the surprise's for you!
    PM to add
    Lol that would be a great surprise! Omg I cannot wait any more I'm dying to know what the surprise will be!!
    From your lips Nai, from your lips. ;)
    HollySisk wrote: »
    If we're talking fantasies, let's go with 1,000! :-)

Lol you guys. Holly, you just upped everyone's dream lol.
    PM to add
    To celebrate Luz's big day, Dixie took her to Paris.

Happy Birthday

Ch12pjB.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    Happy Birthday Luzzzzzz!! How do you feel being a year older.

Maybe the surprise's for you!

Well, it's not my favorite thing! I'm 33 now, but I already feel a bit bummed leading up to the event, these last few years. But my husband has a better attitude. When I ask him how he feels about aging <he's 10 years older than me> he says he feels complacent and calm. Before we met, he was more upset because he didn't know how his life would unfold, but now he says he's happy with the marriage, kids and house we have. He has a good point-- I've gotten the things I dreamed about already and have to remember my good fortune. Part of me still wants to be the 18 year old girl flirting with the guys at the beach, but getting older brings plenty of good stuff, too.

I just have to choose a project for myself for the upcoming year. This year, I wanted to become a serious runner, and I have, so yay!

We are all glued to our game more than a weekend event. If it was April 1st I would be expecting KoKo to show up here and cry out "April Fools!"
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    HollySisk wrote: »
    To celebrate Luz's big day, Dixie took her to Paris.

Happy Birthday

Ch12pjB.jpg

Thanks so much for the dream trip!

Let's claim a table here:
    image_zpsg4vtag8x.jpeg
    And order some beignets and then hopefully some forum folks will join us for a treat!

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I know. And, I have to go run to the store. Luckily, I'm hevily wifi'd so I can try to keep checking. I have gift cards loaded up the yinyang.

:) Where is our surprise?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    The surprise is... there's none. lol worst case scenario.
    PM to add
    I mean, what if they planned to do a surprise at some point, but end up having to delay the rollout? I'll have to eat a fair amount of chocolate or cheese to get over it.

• ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    Guys, I accidentally clicked the view full site link on my mobile and I have no idea how to reverse that action. Plus help
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Happy birthday, Luz!!!

I "baked" some cupcakes for you ;)

tumblr_l7yfj3Id8r1qcdqhoo1_500.jpg
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    That's so sweet, Eselle, thanks! You totally need to join us at the cafe table! Can you get here?

ARTPOP wrote: »
    Guys, I accidentally clicked the view full site link on my mobile and I have no idea how to reverse that action. Plus help

Hi there, I've been trying to figure this out on the site. Hang in there, I'm sure someone will have the answer soon!

LuzVarias wrote: »
    Well, it's not my favorite thing! I'm 33 now, but I already feel a bit bummed leading up to the event, these last few years. But my husband has a better attitude. When I ask him how he feels about aging <he's 10 years older than me> he says he feels complacent and calm. Before we met, he was more upset because he didn't know how his life would unfold, but now he says he's happy with the marriage, kids and house we have. He has a good point-- I've gotten the things I dreamed about already and have to remember my good fortune. Part of me still wants to be the 18 year old girl flirting with the guys at the beach, but getting older brings plenty of good stuff, too.

I just have to choose a project for myself for the upcoming year. This year, I wanted to become a serious runner, and I have, so yay!

So you're happy at 33, that's good! Makes me wonder how my life will turn out in future. Congrats on achieving your goal. You gotta teach me how, I've said for 2 years now to start exercising daily. I can do it for 1 month and then I completely forget about it lol. Have you thought about your next goal?
    PM to add
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    That's so sweet, Eselle, thanks! You totally need to join us at the cafe table! Can you get here?

Definitely! I've always wanted to eat outside a little cafe in Paris :) do you think they have those cheese carts there? French cheese is amazing!
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    Alright, in the spirit of goofing off while we wait for a possible surprise to appear, do people feel like modeling the outfits their dolls would be wearing to eat beignets at a French cafe in the early autumn? I'm off to dress my dolls that way. BRB, as our Moderita would say.

Also, there must be a cheese cart, Eselle! Very good thought.

Also, I suddenly really wish that our closets had a tiny felt hat with a black lace veil on it, ala Lady Gaga in AHS Hotel, or ala a stylin' European lady...

ARTPOP wrote: »

Hey :) Ok so I just tested on my phone. You need to clear your browsing data, and then reload the forum page. You'll get the mobile version now.
    PM to add
    Yay for you, Nai!

Alright, so if anyone wants to join us at Tabac de la Sorbonne, this is what we'll be wearing.
    image_zpsf714lctc.png

please, please join us so we don't look ridiculous at the giant table we've hogged!

It's been more than a month since the Fashion Week update and the Judith Leiber update was practically insignificant so i think it's time for a new update.
    Hang on Luz while my doll takes 324251 minutes to get ready lol.

I can try editing everyone into the cafe picture you posted few pages back :)
    PM to add
    So you're happy at 33, that's good! Makes me wonder how my life will turn out in future. Congrats on achieving your goal. You gotta teach me how, I've said for 2 years now to start exercising daily. I can do it for 1 month and then I completely forget about it lol. Have you thought about your next goal?

The exercise inspiration:

I bought a treadmill and put it prominently in the master suite so hubby and I would both be seeing it in use or gathering dust;
    I hunted down several new podcasts to listen to, only allowed to be played while I'm running: several brilliant ones for scifi/horror, Dan Carlins' hardcore history, the Podrunner music podcast,,etc,etc,etc;
    I decided to keep up with some other girls at work who had babies when I did, and were already feeling better about their bodies than they had pre-pregnancy <it helps me to be in competition>;
    I told my husband to give me grief if I stopped working on it;
    I've begun to take my four year old out "running" with me, which she calls our exercise dates. She loves it, and she bullies me out the door often.

With the vicious New England winter looming, I'm going to be needing the treadmill pretty desperately soon.