Throwback Sale - October 2015

HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
**Throwback Sale**

Thanks to fans clamoring for a way to purchase exclusive items that were previously released, Glu surprised us with their first "Throwback Sale" about three months ago. For 60 K stars we could purchase mystery boxes that contained exclusive items that were not already in our Wardrobe. There were no boxes of energy, nor regular gift box items, nor the reviled bundle of Kash. It was one of the most exciting events we've been offered!

The second Throwback Sale starts October 14, 2015. This thread is devoted to this second Throwback Sale. It's a place for discussion, posting images, sharing cheers & jeers, and enhancing our collective experience.

~Note from Koko~ Because the Throwback Event is lasting through Thursday, and our usual Weekend Event thread opens on Wednesday Night, this week the Weekend Event thread will open Thursday night. If you want postulate about this coming Weekend's Event, feel free to carry that over to the still open last Weekend's event thread. Phew.
Ok, so everybody knows now? I'll probably repost this a few times. I have to go try to add to the pretty antlers I just paid 60 Stars for. :cool:
Holly
I play on iOS
#WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
Prev1345

Comments

• QueenCookieQueenCookie Registered Users 356 Posts
    Do you know when the throwback boxes will appear? Holly
    Sophie
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Woo hoo! Thanks for starting the thread. What's everyone looking forward to? I know there are a lot of people hoping for that big Christmas hair!

Personally I would like the dress/coat from Andre's weekend, the mesh dress from the So Glam weekend, the multi-animal print wrap dress, and several hairstyles from VIP boxes I missed, like the long bob, and the twisty ponytail.

Things I hope I *don't* get? All the 4th of July stuff......
    iOS
  • ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    I CAN'T wait for this. I've been waiting so long for this. Im gonna go havoc on purchasing kstars and hopefully get all the stuff I've missed out on
  • ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    REALLY hoping to see the exclusive eyes + lips which I missed out on
  • kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    AliBryant wrote: »
    ...and several hairstyles from VIP boxes I missed, like the long bob, and the twisty ponytail.

Me too. :)

Last time I didn't open any box. I just have enough K Stars to open 2 boxes, maybe 3 if I can get another 29 stars until the sale ends.
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I just want the iOS exclusive Balmain outfit (dress, shoes, choker and cuffs)

I hope it starts soon :)
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    I am so excited yet I dread how much I know I will spend. Hopefully there won't be any ****py items like last time because if I spend 60 K stars I don't want to open up a box and find a stupid green feather boa. Most were awesome but two or three were awful.
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    ARTPOP wrote: »
    REALLY hoping to see the exclusive eyes + lips which I missed out on

YESSS! Me too! I gotta have those lips :)
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    Bugger. Not good timing for me, I can't afford to buy many K-stars atm :( Hopefully I get lucky in what I do open and score some new hairstyles.
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Do you know when the throwback boxes will appear? Holly

No. Sorry. Last time it appeared in the early afternoon (EST) but that doesn't mean anything in the big picture.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    Bugger. Not good timing for me, I can't afford to buy many K-stars atm :( Hopefully I get lucky in what I do open and score some new hairstyles.

You know what I want.... And if I get it, I will be SO HAPPY!!! (And I'll stop stalking your avatar)
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    I just want the iOS exclusive Balmain outfit (dress, shoes, choker and cuffs)

I hope it starts soon :)

DMV - What do they look like?

Catherine - I "won" that green boa too. I was fortunate enough to pick up a lot of items at the last Throwback Sale but the only item that my Doll has never worn is that d u m b green boa.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    oooooh so throwback boxes were confirmed while I was sleeping, I'm excited!!

I definitely want that Christmas hair!
    PM to add
  • AshliejbAshliejb Registered Users 110 Posts
    It's started!!!

I just got a pop up for it.
  • IlanawexlerIlanawexler Registered Users 130 Posts
    Based on the teaser none of the items pictured really entice me. Good luck to all who participate!
  • AshliejbAshliejb Registered Users 110 Posts
    I was hoping for the Kylie hair I missed out on but so far all I've gotten is saint Patrick day stuff. The other boxes are random stockings/earrings/purse/more saint Patrick stuff.
    kPyr5oi.jpg
    PM to add
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    OMG, i cant believe it....... I opened over 20 boxes and in the last one, BOOM! But its wierd it was missing a box?

Has anyone seen the glam eyes or lips btw?

image_1.png
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
    Naimonster wrote: »
    kPyr5oi.jpg

Not so thrilled anymore... :/

iOS
    07/2014 
  • CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    So far

09500EDF-10ED-4D6D-81B7-2554ED4562AB.png_zpsdec3ku4d.jpeg

E5AE7E7F-68D5-4882-8689-7EDA3811992F.png_zps3fzy7mxh.jpeg

E28A7C6E-9FC2-47F1-940C-8ED9846EE0A4.png_zpsoe3yeg1w.jpeg
  • QueenCookieQueenCookie Registered Users 356 Posts
    Some of the prizes I won!
    Nothing from the GLAM event was included.

24nlncg.jpg
    Sophie
    Katinkae, it's missing a box because those are the leftover items you can win.
    PM to add
    Only took one more SC.

Post your boxes so we can see :-)

image_2.png

Naimonster wrote: »
    Katinkae, it's missing a box because those are the leftover items you can win.

Omg are you for real?! Haha thats crazy... That means I opened a lot :/ sucks that it was only the really old stuff in them..

I'm pretty happy so far I've managed to avoid the St Patrick's day junk!

I got:
    Long red gown from New Year's Eve (wooohoooo I wanted this forever)
    Kylie tan overalls (wanted those, yay)
    Kylie short black dress (boring, meh)
    Red riding hood dress (yay because I already had the hair and tights from last year)
    White jumpsuit (meh because it's too similar to the one available for cash in the regular wardrobe now)
    Kendall white and black dress (yay it's cute but also very similar to a black and white earner dress I already had.)
    Valentine's day gold bracelet (ugh! Waste of 60 stars)
    iOS
    I wonder if I should try.. I have like 70% of the stuff I see in the boxes you've posted so far..

iOS
    07/2014 
    Sassy do you already own the st Patrick's and Valentine's stuff? If so I would say take a chance!
    iOS
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Pleased with my items, I'm going to stop before my luck runs out and I get something tacky.

Cannot believe that hair was in my second set and I missed it!

B26DFF00-61ED-4FA4-92A2-800DEACE9FAC_zpsrsndu0su.jpg

063D11B4-C6AC-44EE-8DA1-576BDA557BFB_zpsg4d9c8vk.jpg
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
    Katinkae wrote: »
    Omg are you for real?! Haha thats crazy... That means I opened a lot :/ sucks that it was only the really old stuff in them..

Yes did you scare yourself lol! But you probably already own a couple of the items so they don't appear too.
    PM to add
    AmyT wrote: »
    Pleased with my items, I'm going to stop before my luck runs out and I get something tacky.

Cannot believe that hair was in my second set and I missed it!

B26DFF00-61ED-4FA4-92A2-800DEACE9FAC_zpsrsndu0su.jpg

063D11B4-C6AC-44EE-8DA1-576BDA557BFB_zpsg4d9c8vk.jpg

Good picks! Oh I see the kitty handbag is there! I've wanted him. Much more of a cat person than dog person :)
    iOS