Any News or Updates on Transferring KKH to a New Device??

WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
Soooooo.... any news or updates?

I'm now on a shiny new gorgeous Samsung Galaxy 10" Tablet..... that has successfully transferred EVERYTHING from my old broken down tablet on to my new one... EXCEPT for KKH....

I've heard people saying on Google+... that somehow their games are magically transferring now, after the last update.
Buuuut.... I don't want to chance downloading the game onto my new device until I know FOR SURE that it's safe!

Can we transfer our games yet? Has this awful problem been fixed?

It sure would be great to have my KKH Game on my new tablet, the old one freezes constantly & could break at any moment. I'd certainly like to get my game transferred before that happens! We should be able to have everything on one device. My game is legit, a year old & worth at least $1500 to replace. There are so many event items & hairstyles that could never be replaced!

I worked my @ss off earning everything that I have in my game!

What's the scoop?

Thanx ;)
Prev13

Comments

• VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Hey Wish!

There is no concrete information yet, but after doing the last update my game and the game of other forum members asked to connect to google drive that is a cloud service, and that had never happened before.

So with the information you have brought upon other people who have succeeded in transferring may be that there is now a possibility.

If you decide to go ahead, please inform us here or in the community!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Hi Wish. Always lovely to see you. If it's been changed, there is a good chance the info is up on the FAQ section. I'm going to go see, I checked it yesterday and no revision.

But today...............................................Great News for Androids

"
    I changed Android devices. Can I transfer my old game to my new device?

Starting with version 4.1.0 Kim Kardashian:Hollywood can be transferred to a new Android device.

To achieve a smooth transfer from your old device to your new one:

1.) (on device 1) Make sure you're signed-in to Google Play, outside the game.

2.) (on device 1) Play the game for a bit on the current version you have.. Do one or two random projects from Simon (not the story ones, but the generic ones). This will ensure that your save file is current in Google Play.

3.) (on device 1) visit the Google Play store, look up Kim Kardashian:Hollywood and update to the latest version of the game. you want to ensure you are playing at least v4.1.0 or later. The first time version 4.1.0 is run, it prompts you to allow connection to Google Play.

3.) (on device 1) Play on the updated version [4.1.0 or later] for a few minutes (to populate the cloud again with the latest save file).

4.) (on device 2) Install the latest version on your new device.

5.) (on device 2) Sign in to Google Play with the same account used on device 1.

6.) (on device 2) Launch the latest version of the game on your device.

7.) (on device 2) Your original save should now be loaded on the new device and you can continue play.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

- This feature is NOT meant for cross-device play! It was intended to allow you to port an old game to a new device.

- If you continue to play on your old device after transferring your game to the new device you may experience data loss.

- Please play on one device at a time and only delete the game from the old device after you're happy with its performance on the new device!"

I found it here: https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/
    What a difference a day makes.

Now, we just wait for iOS. Ok, everybody say Woot Woot. Someone toss us some music. It's Celebration time. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I knew it! I could feel when I updated my game!

What an amazing time! Glu thank you very much!

A song to celebrate Koko!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Ok, the BishGirl in me immediately thinks, ok 1 problem solved. Now, I just have to make sure my new phone fits in all my little Kors phone cell wallets.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Wow! That's so encouraging for the rest of us... Alright, progress!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Isn't this awesome!

I worked with Glu (who is so kind, helpful, patient and just all-around amazing) and was able to successfully test out and transfer my game on the 13th.

I transferred from Samsung S4 to S6

I couldn't say anything tho, but that's one of the many reasons I said thank you to Glu in the 4.1.0 thread.

I can finally send my old phone back :D
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Isn't this awesome!

I worked with Glu (who is so kind, helpful, patient and just all-around amazing) and was able to successfully test out and transfer my game on the 13th.

I transferred from Samsung S4 to S6

I couldn't say anything tho, but that's one of the many reasons I said thank you to Glu in the 4.1.0 thread.

I can finally send my old phone back :D

AWESOME!!! I've felt bad for people trapped with old devices and felt terrible for people who lost their games due to a device change. This is actually even better than a Throwback Sale! (Perhaps even tied with THE HAIR)
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
    I'm so happy that it's working for some of you.
    I followed all the steps to a tee... but unfortunately it won't work.

I'm signed into Google.. it even says under the apps attached to Google that KKH is there... but it doesn't work! It will download /install the game just fine... the flash yellow Glu splashy screen loads... but as soon as it goes to open the game... I get the exact same message:

"Unfortunately Kardashian has stopped"

I've reinstalled & deleted the game 5 times, it's so upsetting. All these hacked accounts have transferred over with no problem, but my legitimate game won't transfer... so I have everything on my awesome new tablet, except KKH.... it's crazy.

You know what else is ridiculous? Because I figured my tablet would die any moment, I sent about 200k in gifts to friends on Google+... I had saved up 420k... guess what? No one got their gifts... so I wasted 200k.... my bad luck with this game is staggering.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Anyone else get that error trying to transfer to a new device?

I'm literally so freaking sad & annoyed :(
    I'm so sorry to hear that Wish!

We're facing a new glitch with the event on Android, maybe is related...
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Vats wrote: »
    I'm so sorry to hear that Wish!

We're facing a new glitch with the event on Android, maybe is related...

Idk... it seems like everyone else has had no issues.
    I swear... I could literally burst into tears of frustration.
    I've been screwed over so many times by this game... unreal.
    Wish wrote: »
    Idk... it seems like everyone else has had no issues.
    I swear... I could literally burst into tears of frustration.
    I've been screwed over so many times by this game... unreal.

Wish, I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I can only imagine your frustration and disappointment. I know we (any many others) have been concerned about this for while.

You're in the right place and in contact with the right person who'll be able to help. I know they'll do everything they can. It may take a little time, but don't lose hope.

Andriod player
    I've been at this all day yesterday, all morning today. Google Play shows I'm logged in... I've Googled every possible thing I can think of.... all my settings are spot on. Everything should work. I'm on a brand new Samsung tablet! Why is this happening?
    I'm so happy that it's working for some of you.
    I followed all the steps to a tee... but unfortunately it won't work.

I'm signed into Google.. it even says under the apps attached to Google that KKH is there... but it doesn't work! It will download /install the game just fine... the flash yellow Glu splashy screen loads... but as soon as it goes to open the game... I get the exact same message:

"Unfortunately Kardashian has stopped"

I've reinstalled & deleted the game 5 times, it's so upsetting. All these hacked accounts have transferred over with no problem, but my legitimate game won't transfer... so I have everything on my awesome new tablet, except KKH.... it's crazy.

You know what else is ridiculous? Because I figured my tablet would die any moment, I sent about 200k in gifts to friends on Google+... I had saved up 420k... guess what? No one got their gifts... so I wasted 200k.... my bad luck with this game is staggering.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Anyone else get that error trying to transfer to a new device?

I'm literally so freaking sad & annoyed :(

Deep breath Wish. I promise to bring your issue to Glu immediately.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    stupid question Wish, but... are you conected with google drive?

Don't give up, Glu will help you cause now it's possible to transfer.

If you allow me to give an advice, try to search for solutions, I have a problem for update my game a while ago, I spent 2 days searching solutions I tried everything possible until I could finally update.

I hope everything goes well for you!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Thanks Vats... I'm signed into my Google account on both my old & new devices. Is that what you mean by Google Drive? When I look under my active apps... KKH is there, even after I Uninstalled it!! I wish I understood how to post screenshots here, because I'd LOVE to post some! Everything looks fine, it should work!

Thanks koko... I'm so upset at this point, it's just one thing after another :(
    I don't know how it works, but Google Drive is a cloud service and there is an app of it, check if you have it on your device. Last time when I updated my game, it asked formy permission to connect to my game but in a different way than just making a log in to my account. Did this happened to you?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Vats, are you referring to this? I got this pop up the first time I launched my game after the latest update.

EPP1X9C.png
    PM to add
    Yeah Nai, that was the message I got.

Thanks!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • MarthaMartha Registered Users 18 Posts
    Omg! It worked for me, Im so happy!! Im finally able to play on my Galaxy S6!! yay Glu devs♥
  • MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    Hey there

Does this work for Ios too?
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Vats, are you referring to this? I got this pop up the first time I launched my game after the latest update.

EPP1X9C.png
    I remember it did ask me, of course I clicked yes... kkh updated, I bought the New Orleans home & pet... I just looked at Google Drive on BOTH of my devices, it's downloaded, but both accounts show that 0% is being used, they both look empty!
    Can someone please tell me if their Google Drive shows kkh?
    I don't see kkh on my drive, but I never used it and didn't know what it was until recently.

Andriod player
    Can someone please tell me if their Google Drive shows kkh?

Mine is showing 0% used on both my old & new devices... my old tablet is going to break any moment, it keeps freezing up & going black! Can someone please tell me what to do? Koko? Kkh_Staff.... anyone?

I need help!

I just successfully transferred my game, maybe I will be able to help you, I just dont quite get your problem, Do you mean Google Play Games? Where do you see the 0%?
    Martha wrote: »
    I just successfully transferred my game, maybe I will be able to help you, I just dont quite get your problem, Do you mean Google Play Games? Where do you see the 0%?

Someone told me to check to make sure that I was signed into "Google Drive"... I am.... on both devices.. but the usage in the drive is at 0%... look, idk about this stuff, I'm not a tech person. Ugh!
    Someone told me to check to make sure that I was signed into "Google Drive"... I am.... on both devices.. but the usage in the drive is at 0%... look, idk about this stuff, I'm not a tech person. I was talking to a glu support person yesterday, she asked me for my Samsung version number in the afternoon, I responded with the info & haven't heard anything since! I reported the error from the error screen, no email... like wth am I supposed to do here?

Does Glu have a customer service number we can call?
    This is insane.

Ohhh that 0% means you haven't use storage from you Google Drive account, thats cloud storage for files, photos and such, nothing to do with games! Im sure they meant signed into Google Play Games
    I'm signed into Google Play... 10000000% positive... on both devices!!

Can someone please tell me how to post screenshots here!?
    I'm signed into Google Play... 10000000% positive... on both devices!!

Can someone please tell me how to post screenshots here!?

Upload them to http://imgur.com/ and it will give you an embed code that you can paste here.
    Ok, so you are signed on both devices and you have your saved game working on one of them, right?
    Yes, I'm signed in on both devices.
    I have my game on my old tablet, but it's old & won't last long, which is why this needs to transfer now.
    Thanks for trying to help me.
    Hang on, excuse me if I missed this, but this reads almost exactly the way I transferred my Android Christmas day. THe only thing I don't see covered, it manually setting it to either save to the cloud or not.

When you play your old device, with all your latest data, all your stuff, You have to manually set it to save to the google server. And a few months ago when it wasn't supposed to work, I helped someone do it on Android. Let me find that post, in case you can't find where to manually set it to save.

Of course, maybe that's not needed now, but if you're not set to save, how can google put the old account on the new device. This may help, or it may not. Oh, and I didn't turn on the Save to Google Servers on the new device until the old game was on the new one. Is this clear? I'm not tech at all, so it's hard to be exact without precise language.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary