Weekend Event 10/16/15 ~Celebrating the Kardashians & Cosmo~ 50 years in the making!

Comments

• CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    Got the dreaded 4,000 Kash in my free box but decided to open one more and I got the hair! Very relieved after my Throwback spending spree plus I am about to level up and there are a few new items I have my eye on.

E90ABC63-DAFB-496A-B6C7-0270A9DF2297_zpszb07av58.jpg
  • FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    The boys items are sooo Chad Radwell from Scream Queens. WHAT THE H E L L with the giftboxes the only cute thing are the glasses.
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Late start, but making progress 😊

PhotoGrid_1445026115637_zpsbkjdoysx.jpg
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Lulu01 wrote: »
    I am so happy that the glitch was fixed so I can finally earn some event points. It's just too bad I won't be able to get all items. Hope I will get the shoes at least even tho I like the dress very much. I am at the very beginning and gonna open my first mystery box....

I wish luck to every Android player. This weekend event is not fair for us.

Good luck with the earnables! I don't like the shoes & the dress so I won't grind that much this weekend. Thanks Glu so I can finally rest this weekend. But I love the braided hairstyle though.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I just got a call from Simon and he gave me 20 event stars, which would cover the ones I missed out on from this morning. I wonder if they'll just give a standard 20 or are tallying up and distributing what is owed individually.

in any case, I'm going to do my best this weekend and, as a side note, I really like the girl's braids this weekend and hope the guys get a version of that style in the future!
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts

News about compensation from Glu:

We just released a thing that will give Android players some event stars to make up for some of the lost opportunities from this morning.

We realize that some players may have deserved more, but we don't have a way to give every individual the exact amount they deserved, or to see exactly who deserves it, so we needed to pick a number that is balanced. Any Android players who wish to claim this compensation must play the game between NOW and 8:00 pm (20:00) EDT today. They will get a call in the game which will award them with 22 event points. This offer will not be available after 8 PM today and we can't entertain individual claims for compensation, unfortunately.

From Koko: I just did it. I'm very happy. Now let me go check on Kindle
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    From Koko: I just did it. I'm very happy. Now let me go check on Kindle

"We just released a thing"...... Well no one can accuse Glu of using too much technical jargon. Something about their choice of words seriously has me cracking up. But however they word it glad that the Android players are getting some compensation.
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Same here... iOS player and still no stars from friends...
    HollySisk wrote: »
    iOS glitch still occurring

The stars from "friends" helping during a gig is still not working for me. I even closed and reopened game.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Lulu01Lulu01 Registered Users 256 Posts
    Well, Simon just gave me 22 stars and I won the pink top in the mystery box. Things are getting better! :)

I believe I should say thank you to Koko, so thank you thank you. :)
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Thanks for the update Koko :)

I'm close to 150 points... And got the pants in my free box!

GYQ5dcS.png
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    This is how I styled the hair and the new top! I finally got the shoes after hard grinding. So I can focus on the dress tomorrow :-)

EDIT: im dyyying to get the glam eyes everyone have :( soooo ff jelly

image_5.png
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
    Super cute Katinkae

Congrats Charli:)

Andriod player
    I actually really like the hair it reminds me of Zendaya at the Oscars. The gift box outfit is pretty simple so if I don't get any of those items I don't mind.

Ohhh you are right.

EE1C19FB-4191-453F-9CAB-A941D84C7593_zpshoeo8o87.jpg

That would be a really cool look to emulate.
    8A842380-081C-4EAF-B2DA-3E6E32CB22A8_zpsiqxsqufb.jpg
    How come every week I always win a boring piece of clothing inside of my weekend event giftbox? I love pink. It's my favorite color in real life but I wish that it was a dress in my fav color. I had a strong feeling that I was gonna get jinx and I just never win the hairstyle that I want from the giftbox. Uggghhh 😡

Screenshot_2015_10_16_17_22_15_1.png
    click image upload
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    At least you got a piece that gives you a bonus to grind Carol, my box:
    VayWrol.png?1
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
    Hey everyone, I hope you're all enjoying the event. I got a random call from Simon on my android and he gave me like 20 stars or something. Was it related to the glitch you're talking about?
    I haven't lurked on here in awhile so I was wondering if anyone else had problems with the weekend gigs not showing up? I just got a new iphone so this is the second week in a row that I haven't gotten calls from simon about the weekend gigs, which will make it harder on my new game to finish the event. What's up with that? :/
    Vats wrote: »
    At least you got a piece that gives you a bonus to grind Carol, my box:
    VayWrol.png?1

I know that I should be happy but I'm not. I would have loved to have that hairstyle for my doll instead of winning that pink tank top.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• IlanawexlerIlanawexler Registered Users 130 Posts
    Inspired by Dionne Davenport from Clueless, my all time favorite movie. Time to go for the shoes!
    zu49qf.png
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    I just got a call from Simon and he gave me 20 event stars, which would cover the ones I missed out on from this morning. I wonder if they'll just give a standard 20 or are tallying up and distributing what is owed individually.

in any case, I'm going to do my best this weekend and, as a side note, I really like the girl's braids this weekend and hope the guys get a version of that style in the future!

I think is standard because I didn't start the event 'till the afternoon once the glitch was already fixed and just 5 minutes ago I received the same call from Simon.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • KeiaKeia Registered Users 423 Posts
    Everytime I get ready to open a box I get scared and nervous, thinking what if I don't win the weekend event clothes? Then I come on here and see which box people pick and try to go from there. But I won the pink top. I decide to add my husband on here. Don't have enough kstar to give him better shoes and some shoes seem ugly to me. I would add our bundle of joy but that cost kstar too.

KKH_Screenshot_1445027343872_zps6mhbkfdx.jpgI want to open another box, idk I think it's fun and exciting to open boxes. You never know what you going to get it's kinda of like gambling you never know if you gonna win or lose.
    KKH Android player
    Level 29
    Rank A+
  • ViolettaVioletta Registered Users 50 Posts
    Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum :) My doll Scarlett is so inspired by that Zendaya picture :)

Glu2_zpsiftrbn30.jpg
    KKH doll is Scarlett | K&K doll is Indigo
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I know that I should be happy but I'm not. I would have loved to have that hairstyle for my doll instead of winning that pink tank top.

It's ok, you don't need to be happy about it I was just trying to cheer you up to you look to the positive side.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • ViolettaVioletta Registered Users 50 Posts
    Ilanawexler I love your outfit! Dionne's hat is legendary :D
    KKH doll is Scarlett | K&K doll is Indigo
    Keia wrote: »
    Everytime I get ready to open a box I get scared and nervous, thinking what if I don't win the weekend event clothes? Then I come on here and see which box people pick and try to go from there. But I won the pink top. I decide to add my husband on here. Don't have enough kstar to give him better shoes and some shoes seem ugly to me. I would add our bundle of joy but that cost kstar too.

KKH_Screenshot_1445027343872_zps6mhbkfdx.jpgI want to open another box, idk I think it's fun and exciting to open boxes. You never know what you going to get it's kinda of like gambling you never know if you gonna win or lose.

Awwwww...your doll and her hubby are wearing matching colors.

P.S. If Glu have added these pink shoes inside of our hubbies closet, then the brown shoes wouldn't have looked so mismatched with his outfit on.

Screenshot_2015_07_28_14_59_42_1.png
    image upload no registration
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

Violetta wrote: »
    Ilanawexler I love your outfit! Dionne's hat is legendary :D

Thank you! The giftbox hair looks great on your doll. I'm jealous!
    Welcome to forum Violetta!

Scarlett looks beautiful in both pics :) how long have you been playing KKH?

Violetta wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum :) My doll Scarlett is so inspired by that Zendaya picture :)

Glu2_zpsiftrbn30.jpg

Andriod player
    Ohhh you are right.

EE1C19FB-4191-453F-9CAB-A941D84C7593_zpshoeo8o87.jpg

That would be a really cool look to emulate.
    8A842380-081C-4EAF-B2DA-3E6E32CB22A8_zpsiqxsqufb.jpg

Zendaya had on dread locks extensions on that picture, but from the preview pic it looks like box braids to me. Zendaya can basically rock any hairstyle and still look nice with it though.

Here's a picture of Keke Palmer rocking box braids.

Keke_Palmer_Rocks_Box_Braids_for_Summer.gif
    screenshot
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

I know they're box braids but the styling of it reminded me of Zendaya.
    I know they're box braids but the styling of it reminded me of Zendaya.

I was trying to look for a pic of the inspired box braided hairstyle from one of the Kardashians or Jenner sisters but I couldn't find it online. All I found was a pic of Kim with cornrows and Kylie with cornrows too.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• BlushingBlushing Registered Users 18 Posts
    Celeste is loving the hair's from the weekend event!
    9km33k.jpg
    I'm so glad they added box braids too, I've been getting them since I was little and it's so nice seeing them represented in the game.