Weekend Event 10/16/15 ~Celebrating the Kardashians & Cosmo~ 50 years in the making!

Comments

• Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Blushing wrote: »
    Celeste is loving the hair's from the weekend event!
    9km33k.jpg
    I'm so glad they added box braids too, I've been getting them since I was little and it's so nice seeing them represented in the game.

If I had to choose one over the other, my fav hairstyle is the box braids so far. I've never had that hairstyle in real life but I would love to try that hairstyle on myself someday.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• IlanawexlerIlanawexler Registered Users 130 Posts
    I don't think any of the Kardashian/Jenners have had box braids and here's hoping they never do lol.
  • MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts
    I'm glad Glu is venturing out into different styles! Since I have natural hair myself I can finally have my doll be the same! I'm super excited! I hope they do more bold statements like this in the future. Bantu knots maybe?
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
    Mauve wrote: »
    I'm glad Glu is venturing out into different styles! Since I have natural hair myself I can finally have my doll be the same! I'm super excited! I hope they do more bold statements like this in the future. Bantu knots maybe?

I've transitioned to my natural hair when I'm an adult in real life. I used to relax my hair since I was a teenager but I absolutely regret it since I already have a nice thick texture to my hair already. I've learned from my mistakes and I'm starting all over again with my hair.

Maybe Glu should add sengalese twists?
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    Got the shoes and paired them with a new throwback dress. Ran into Luz and the pink is really popping on her!
    A73F57D7-8733-4760-97EC-31CF302DDEB6_zpsb2aax6ig.jpg
  • BlushingBlushing Registered Users 18 Posts
    i would love to have the bantu knots that rihanna had at the iheatradio awards (plus the lip color, if glu ever gives us more makeup options). i've done knots at night time but mostly for twist outs, it gives my hair such a nice texture
    rihanna1.jpg
    Blushing wrote: »
    i would love to have the bantu knots that rihanna had at the iheatradio awards (plus the lip color, if glu ever gives us more makeup options). i've done knots at night time but mostly for twist outs, it gives my hair such a nice texture
    rihanna1.jpg

I would love Bantu knots on my doll. My doll can be pretty versatile with her hairstyles too.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    I got the pink top in my box. I do like it but it's a bit hard to style. I'm happy that I got an event item either way :)

ro51d8g.jpg
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    Eselletea wrote: »
    I got the pink top in my box. I do like it but it's a bit hard to style. I'm happy that I got an event item either way :)

ro51d8g.jpg

I won the pink tank top too. I don't like it that much since I really wanted that hairstyle inside of the gift box. But I will figure out how to mix & match it with different outfits on my doll instead.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts
    I've transitioned to my natural hair when I'm an adult in real life. I used to relax my hair since I was a teenager but I absolutely regret it since I already have a nice thick texture to my hair already. I've learned from my mistakes and I'm starting all over again with my hair.

Maybe Glu should add sengalese twists?
    I transitioned at a pretty young age due to a horrible perm accident. I was known for my thick, long hair as a kid. It was halfway down my back at age four and I was at least four feet tall. I was maybe eight at the time. My mom took me to some salon to take out my perm, but they used the wrong shampoo. My hair became unhealthy and started to shed until it was shoulder length. My mom didn't know should could have saved my hair until it was too late. Ever since then I've been natural and its never been as healthy. Also my hair grown back to being almost to my butt.

I also wished that the braids had those cute metal rings on it, but they may have chosen not to because they think players might have limited choices of clothing to wear with it.
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
  • Nisha300Nisha300 Registered Users 347 Posts

This weekend hair was for the natural girls that curly pineapple and the poetic justice braids look so good. They really should venture into Bantu knots and other natural styles it makes the game more fun when you can make your doll look more like you
    I transitioned at a pretty young age due to a horrible perm accident. I was known for my thick, long hair as a kid. It was halfway down my back at age four and I was at least four feet tall. I was maybe eight at the time. My mom took me to some salon to take out my perm, but they used the wrong shampoo. My hair became unhealthy and started to shed until it was shoulder length. My mom didn't know should could have saved my hair until it was too late. Ever since then I've been natural and its never been as healthy. Also my hair grown back to being almost to my butt.

I also wished that the braids had those cute metal rings on it, but they may have chosen not to because they think players might have limited choices of clothing to wear with it.

Hmm...I never realized that we had something in common. My hair was bra strap length and I think it's because I was constantly relaxing my hair. My hair was always blow-dry too and I had to do the big chop to make it look healthier again. I wasn't using any protective hairstyles which is what I should have done. I had too many split ends but I'm very determined to start my natural hair journey. I'm loving my natural hair texture even more because it's been years since the last time that I saw my natural hair texture.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

Nisha300 wrote: »
    This weekend hair was for the natural girls that curly pineapple and the poetic justice braids look so good. They really should venture into Bantu knots and other natural styles it makes the game more fun when you can make your doll look more like you

I'm loving this weekend's event box braids. I'm getting that hairstyle for my doll. I won't be grinding for the dress and shoes since I don't like it that much.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

I'm loving this weekend's event box braids. I'm getting that hairstyle for my doll. I won't be grinding for the dress and shoes since I don't like it that much.

Those shoes are meh but I do like the dress and love the hair so I'm gonna try this weekend I just wish it was a dating weekend instead of gig weekend dating weekends are so easy
    Those shoes are meh but I do like the dress and love the hair so I'm gonna try this weekend I just wish it was a dating weekend instead of gig weekend dating weekends are so easy

Yes omg we didn't have a dating event in like forever!!! The only reason why I'm not aiming to get the dress and the shoes is because I'm so tired of black & white color clothing already.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Holly3_zpsi7vow7tr.gif

Please welcome officially, our co hosts, Dixie and Trixie,
    Their story is the stuff oscar winning movies are made about.
    Growing up apart and unaware,
    each felt something was missing. A void, they couldn't quite put their fingers on.
    Then one day, in Hollywood, 2 beautiful girls just starting to soar, found each other.
    As fate would happen, in the adjacent offices of Maria and Simon, in the joint waiting room,
    Maria came out and said Trixie! Hagging the bewildered Dixie, who'd been waiting for Simon, The authenitic Trixie sloly raised her nose over her Cosmopolitan Magazine, and under her wide brimmed hat, slowly began removing her dark sunglasses. "Maria? I'm over here. What's going on?"

I'll let them take it from here, in their own words, but spoiler alert......you thought stories of long lost sisters were only on screen and in fiction? Ha! Settle in, and they'll share the whole incredible story.
    It'll bring a tear to your eye.

While they get ready, let Pink entertain you.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Has anyone completed the second event? If so, did you support the movie or make fun of it? I just finished the first event and don't know what i want to do.

I chose to support the movie, Simon called and said the director was so impressed that I got offered a new movie with a lot of good buzz.
  • wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    I looove this hair!

CRfFvE_UYAAtawn.jpg
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Trixie & Dixie

I'll share their story tomorrow.... Until then, here's Dixie & Trixie in New Orleans

rmYwSpt.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Trixie & Dixie

I'll share their story tomorrow.... Until then, here's Dixie & Trixie in New Orleans

rmYwSpt.jpg

They look gorgeous! How in the world did you change Trixie's look?! Can you do that and take pics? Never knew that
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
    KKH_Screenshot_1445053407922.jpg
    imagur

LOVING my poetic justice braids :D
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    only at 112 for now, thanks in no part to my husband insisting we go out on a date. We LIVE together and I am working to get these garments!! This is energy that could've gone into an 8 hour gig! I would stay up and power my way through 2 more gigs if I didn't have a baby shower to get to tomorrow. If I can somehow get to over 300 by this time tomorrow I can maybe make it but I won't hold my breathe.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
    bladeoo wrote: »
    They look gorgeous! How in the world did you change Trixie's look?! Can you do that and take pics? Never knew that

That's how Trixie looks in my game. Have you changed her outfit?
    I changed Dixie's look to work with your Doll. (I typically keep Dixie tan and blonde but natural and redheaded are a favorite combination too.)
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    only at 112 for now, thanks in no part to my husband insisting we go out on a date. We LIVE together and I am working to get these garments!! This is energy that could've gone into an 8 hour gig! I would stay up and power my way through 2 more gigs if I didn't have a baby shower to get to tomorrow. If I can somehow get to over 300 by this time tomorrow I can maybe make it but I won't hold my breathe.

I had so many other things going on today and all I wanted to do was grind! I want all the earner items. I kept sneaking my iPad out to play and hoping no one would catch me.

I hope you're able to grab some time to play tomorrow!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    KKH_Screenshot_1445053407922.jpg
    imagur

LOVING my poetic justice braids :D

I love the box braids on your doll. I can't wait to accessorized hoop earrings on my doll and casual clothing once I earn that hairstyle.☺😊
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    Aw, I just got home after a long day and see I missed the free stars from the glitch. I think this might be the first ever event I don't complete. Does anyone know if there are bonus stars on the final weekend gig? We were told it was a glitch, not intentional, that they weren't there last time I believe.
    iOS
  • NixieNixie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 61 Posts
    I won't be able to finish the weekend event -_- it keeps on crashing and I'm getting really ****ed I've been waiting for it to be fixed yesterday but nothing happened.
    <3 Maee <3
    :) I play kimk daily on Android and i gift people if they ask me nicely if you wanted some gifts add me on my facebook :)
    :ohttps://www.facebook.com/maee.kkh?__nodl :o
    →_→ follow me on instagram if you had one @mae_.kkh.←_←
    (^-^) have a nice day dolls (^-^)
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    That's how Trixie looks in my game. Have you changed her outfit?
    I changed Dixie's look to work with your Doll. (I typically keep Dixie tan and blonde but natural and redheaded are a favorite combination too.)

I wish I had those items. Those are all K star items that I definitely do not have lol. Wonder how that happened
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
    bladeoo wrote: »
    I wish I had those items. Those are all K star items that I definitely do not have lol. Wonder how that happened

I'm so dang tired.... I apparently accidentally selected the doll below yours. What's really funny is I did it a couple of times as I sent one picture to Koko and then decided I wanted a different backdrop so went and found "you" again.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    I didn't even to grind this much and I only opened one extra box. Surprised at how much I like this dress and living the new hair on SassyVoguette's doll.

1651DB65-5B8D-4D66-AE1E-162A8CC9337A_zpst2m21x30.jpg