Weekend Event 10/16/15 ~Celebrating the Kardashians & Cosmo~ 50 years in the making!

Comments

• MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts
    Kim actually wore box braids you guys...
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Mauve wrote: »

The only braided hairstyle that I saw that she ever rocked was cornrows.

Edit: I actually found a picture with Kim rocking cornrows. I don't think that I ever saw her with box braids before.

ixxukh.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• littledollzlittledollz Registered Users 77 Posts
    It's taking me extra long to complete this without getting the extra two stars from costars. Luckily I have the top for bonus points--I sure do wish I had the hair -- but I'm holding my stars until Kim's bday on wed. Fingers crossed that we get the candy to come flying out on Tappables like last year!

Glu, please fix the iOS costar issue.
    Christine
    IOS player 
    Start date- Aug '14
    A+++

• bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    Can you guys believe this?! If I had gotten stars with the co star, I wouldn't need to start another gig for just ONE **** star

image.png
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    bladeoo wrote: »
    Can you guys believe this?! If I had gotten stars with the co star, I wouldn't need to start another gig for just ONE **** star

image.png

Those little s u c k e r s add up! I miss not receiving them, especially this weekend when I'm in the middle of the boomies have spotty reception. The last 48 hours have been so ridiculous that I can't even craft the post to share with y'all because I'm not ready to relive it. Ugh!

Despite all that, I finally earned the shoes this evening and finishing the event gigs gave me a star boost. I'm at 412. I must get a chunk done tonight because I have to drive back to Pennsylvania tomorrow. I really needed this to be a dating weekend but the GLu gods let's me down.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    Mauve wrote: »

Do you have a picture? I would love to see it.

Years ago I had my entire head braided during a trip to the Bahamas. My Mom wanted to kill me when I arrived back in Virginia with cornrows and beads. I knew it would make her batty - that was half the fun.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    Yeah not getting stars from friend invites has really slowed me down. They really do add up, especially when you do lots of 3 hr gigs like I do. Koko said it was fixed the same time as the Android glitch, but it clearly wasn't and still no-one has got back to us on what's happening and when it will be fixed. I assume it won't happen this weekend.
  • QueenCookieQueenCookie Registered Users 356 Posts
    Small talking at a house party gives you three stars surprisingly.

2hdy8w6.jpg
    Sophie
    J
    I haven't gotten lots of event points from my pets so far. Just 2 points for tapping my pets 42 times (6x7 pets).

Anybody else still not getting bonus event points from inviting friends to gigs?

I haven't even made it to the shoes yet 🙈

I own every pet and I've only receive 1 bonus star from them this entire weekend. Plus i play on an iPad and none of the iOS devices are receiving stars from friends helping at the gigs. I finally received the shoes this evening and now I'm pushing hard because I must have this dress!

DMV's doll looks so pretty in the earner dress.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts

2hdy8w6.jpg

That's a good tip. If a players throws a 3hr party in Calabasas they'll get 21 points vs. 3hr gig for 12 points (excluding gift box item bonus points)

HollySisk wrote: »
    J

DMV's doll looks so pretty in the earner dress.

Thanks Holly :) I can't wait to see Dixie wearing it
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    Those little s u c k e r s add up! I miss not receiving them, especially this weekend when I'm in the middle of the boomies have spotty reception. The last 48 hours have been so ridiculous that I can't even craft the post to share with y'all because I'm not ready to relive it. Ugh!

Despite all that, I finally earned the shoes this evening and finishing the event gigs gave me a star boost. I'm at 412. I must get a chunk done tonight because I have to drive back to Pennsylvania tomorrow. I really needed this to be a dating weekend but the GLu gods let's me down.

I wish there was a way to send you all the extra blue stars I'm getting from doing other gigs lol. I got the dress! You live in PA? I live in Western NY, 2 hrs from Buffalo
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • SukiSuki Registered Users 111 Posts

2hdy8w6.jpg

Can someone with android confirm this? I'm sick of doing gigs...
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Suki wrote: »
    Can someone with android confirm this? I'm sick of doing gigs...

I'll go test it now for Andriod brb

Update:
    This does not happen on Android
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • SukiSuki Registered Users 111 Posts
    Gutted. Thanks for testing :)
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    That's a good tip. If a players throws a 3hr party in Calabasas they'll get 21 points vs. 3hr gig for 12 points (excluding gift box item bonus points)

I just tried it on my iPad and only earned 2 stars per party guest. I had 5 of the event items, three from the boxes and two earner, so I thought I'd get at least the 3 stars QueenCookie earned.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I just tried it on my iPad and only earned 2 stars per party guest. I had 5 of the event items, three from the boxes and two earner, so I thought I'd get at least the 3 stars QueenCookie earned.

I received 2 each as well, but it was def a nice break vs so many gigs. Def hope this isn't a new thing, weekend gigs are tough enough for us, to take away our small talk stars too? I'm already behind so I'm only on 221 :( It also doesn't help my game has been crashing more since the update, ugh.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    I am soooo tired but 8 freakin' stars short of the dress. If only my friends gave their normal stars when they helped with my gigs.

O7eBw0v.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    tumblr_nwel7c0DQW1qfvh9po1_500.jpg

I'd be farther along if my phone hadn't lost power during the baby shower I went to (and if my husband hadn't asked for ANOTHER date that I powered through thanks to Oak) but I didn't want to sleep without cracking over 400 first so I'm satisfied with this.

As a side note, I ended up taking a gig at the Malibu PopGlam since I was between wait times on my jobs and has anyone else been inside there before because holy crepe!:

tumblr_nwel3gN5lT1qfvh9po1_1280.png

tumblr_nwel364rML1qfvh9po1_1280.png

It's GORGEOUS! Why is the prettiest beach in KKH somewhere we can never visit (this is literally my first time inside there since Malibu was added) and/or not either a feature on the Malibu house you can purchase? If this event did nothing else for me I'm glad I was able to see it for myself.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    What the... Xan completed her last event gig and got 25+31 event stars, plus the bonus stars for completing everything. But her event stars went from 361 to 397, only 36 stars were added?!?! I even have screenshots to show! What's the point in me spending money to get all the gift box items then?!

Does anyone know how much stars are rewarded for completing all the gigs? Is it 36?
    PM to add
    Ok here are the screenshots. Ugh so so so mad!

Here, I just completed the last event gig with Jesse. I'm awarded 25+31 stars.

fxeXLZ2.jpg

Then I hit the OK button, and got another pop up at the corner for completing all the event gigs so I hit COLLECT as well. Below you can see the stars I circled red, those are from the gig, and the green one is the bonus ones. I had my event screen opened because I wanted to check how much bonus stars were given, I had 361 points.

hHneTAe.jpg

And now here after all the stars were collected, my points only increased by 36 to 397.....

eZnNYSU.jpg
    PM to add
  • kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Ok here are the screenshots. Ugh so so so mad!

Here, I just completed the last event gig with Jesse. I'm awarded 25+31 stars.
    The same happened to me. I was around 20 stars away from the shoes when that happened and while collecting the shoes I realised that I just had like 5 stars more than I needed for the shoes.

So upset that I just got 4 stars from my pets so far and none from inviting friends to gigs. I bet I would have at least ~ 40 more stars if Glu fixed this glitch ASAP.
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    Thats unfair you guys :( I think its alot of glitches this week, I got 20stars+20bonus stars, for doing a three hour gig! So that was a lucky glitch I think, we usually get that for doing an eight hour gig right?
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
    Does anyone know how many points does the last gig related to the event gives?
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    They better give us some hot amazing items for her birthday event.
    So many glitches this week!
    ARTPOP wrote: »
    They better give us some hot amazing items for her birthday event.
    So many glitches this week!

I wasn't impressed with the clothing this week. I love the hairstyle but the shoes & the dress are meh to me. So I'm glad that that I don't have to grind so much this weekend.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

There was an android glitch for nearly 12 hours, the compensation of 20 stars I didn't manage to get because the window opened only for 4 hours, at MIDNIGHT in my time zone. Then the glitch I posted above, that's a lot of event stars that I didn't get credit for, not to mention friend action doesn't give stars for the whole event.

I just think it's super unfair. I made an effort to spend money to get all the gift box items for Xan so she could complete the event easier, so I can use the limited time we have left to grind for Jax on my android. Again, seriously the reduced time wasn't even my fault, but I paid to "fix" Glu's error, and I don't mind. But not getting those stars means the money I spent was useless, and I'm back to square one, I need to spend more time to do more gigs for Xan.

Super upset.
    PM to add
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    That's really awful. I'm so sorry Nai! Do you have time today to compensate for the problem and win everything for Jax? The guys' stuff would look so hot on him!

Maybe you ought to rustle up that tapping cousin of yours!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Nai, I sent you a pm. Please check it!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Hey everyone :) love how everyone is styling their dolls with this weeks items.

Sassy, your doll looks amazing, I always love how you style her.

780FDDDF-388B-4D6B-8E3C-CA8BAE2A4994_zpssob4ktuf.jpg

So I finally finished after my late start, I really didn't think I was going to manage to complete the event, especially since I didn't win any of the gift box items.
    In my free box, I got these ugly white shoes from the normal wardrobe that cost like 10 Kstars! I decided not to bother opening anything else after that, even though the gift box hair is gorgeous I didn't want to risk it.

Sorry to hear about the glitches everyone has been experiencing :( Nai, I hope you get to finish the event, it's unfair if you can't. Hopefully we get some fun things to do and new clothing for Kim's bday this week.
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    My doll's still upset that she'll probably not make it to the dress. I would be way closer to the dress if there weren't so many glitches this weekend 😁
    bxcldL.jpg