Any News or Updates on Transferring KKH to a New Device??

Comments

• WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
    Hang on, excuse me if I missed this, but this reads almost exactly the way I transferred my Android Christmas day. THe only thing I don't see covered, it manually setting it to either save to the cloud or not.

When you play your old device, with all your latest data, all your stuff, You have to manually set it to save to the google server. And a few months ago when it wasn't supposed to work, I helped someone do it on Android. Let me find that post, in case you can't find where to manually set it to save.

Of course, maybe that's not needed now, but if you're not set to save, how can google put the old account on the new device. This may help, or it may not. Oh, and I didn't turn on the Save to Google Servers on the new device until the old game was on the new one. Is this clear? I'm not tech at all, so it's hard to be exact without precise language.

I'm so thoroughly confused now... how do you manually set your game to save? I've got no idea & none of the other ppl on G+ or here, that have had their game just magically transferring over to their new devices, are doing that. It's more like a general, "Oh.. wow, suddenly my game is on my new phone!"...type of deal.

Idk... I'm exhausted with this, thanks for all you're doing... hopefully we'll hear something back before my old tablet dies. I don't even use it, it's so unstable, I'm on my new one now. Please let me know if you hear anything. There's nothing more that I can try on my end... without tech instruction.

xo
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Go to Settings > Backup & Reset > Check boxes Back up my data and Automatic restore on both devices.

Also, Settings > Account & Sync > Tap on your Google account and check all the available options.

See if that helps somehow? Fingers crossed :)
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I didn't have to do any extra steps Wish. I would recommend waiting to hear back from KK:H Staff or someone at Glu. I wouldn't want you to accidentally screw up your game(s) more. Just hold tight I'm sure they're working on something for you.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • MarthaMartha Registered Users 18 Posts
    Yeah, I didnt do any extra steps either. I didnt even follow everything that was listed on the post.
    Martha wrote: »
    Yeah, I didnt do any extra steps either. I didnt even follow everything that was listed on the post.

Exactly... thanks Dolls.

I guess if my old tablet dies & I lose my game, I tried.

All three comebacks completed, own every home, pet, event items... all done legit.

It's a tough pill to swallow.

Hoping to hear from someone before it's too late, that tablet is fubar!

xo
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Ok, Wish, I found the pm to a member with all the details, problem, it was iOS. But, I did iOS transfer last Sept, and then did the same thing, for Android at Christmas, and the only things changed were instead of Apple ID it was GooglePlay ID, I'm going to pm you the iOS instructions that worked in June, and the post from the forum after I did the Android transfer. Compare the 2, you'll see they're so similar. And see if any of that helps. OK? First one is iOS, don't do anything till you get them both and read, read, read. And if your heart isn't up in your throat when you do this, then you've got icewater in your veins. so. hang on
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Charli wrote: »
    Go to Settings > Backup & Reset > Check boxes Back up my data and Automatic restore on both devices.

Also, Settings > Account & Sync > Tap on your Google account and check all the available options.

See if that helps somehow? Fingers crossed :)

Thanks Charli....
    I figured... wow, this is it!

Reset everything, all good... everything updated, synced... tried to open the game...

SAME ERROR:

Unfortunately Kardashian has stopped.

The game IS there, it's taking up memory space, I can clear the cache etc...

It just won't communicate /open.

Thanks koko... but the set up is totally different than before.
    I read your emails, there is no selecting device A or B.

It's simple... the game starts loading then.....

Unfortunately Kardashian has stopped.

I could cry, seriously.

Is there tech support?

I need someone who knows how the new system saves data/ works.

Can they remote access my game?
    I need help!
    Well... I synced both devices in settings, everything is up to the minute.
    Cleared the cache on both devices... held my breath as I restarted the old tablet.
    Rebooted both, signed into Google on both... reinstalled, tried to open & still get the following:

"Unfortunately Kardashian has stopped"

I hope to God someone gets back to me soon.
    So my tablet, along with my $1500+ legitimate game will soon be gone... I'm so glad that I spent all my real money buying k stars over the past year! Three comebacks completed, every home, pet, event items... poof!
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    Martha wrote: »
    Ohhh that 0% means you haven't use storage from you Google Drive account, thats cloud storage for files, photos and such, nothing to do with games! Im sure they meant signed into Google Play Games

Nope, Vats clearly meant GOOGLE DRIVE.
    EPP1X9C.png

I was asked the same, I think I hit 'ok' without paying much attention, I don't think it supposed to actually show up in your drive.
    Anyhoo I'm so not trusting Glu and transferring my game, no way.

Wish, it may be a silly question but is your game up to date ?
    Last time I had that kind of problem my game was definitely up to date but still wouldn't open... I contacted glu who gave me nothing but a bot-generated 'clear your cache' answer, but the problem eventually disappeared with the following update... so you might have to wait till then..
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
    Yup... it's up to date... I bought the home in New Orleans & the pet bird!

I also clicked on that permission pop up.

If I have to wait until the next update, my game will be gone... the tablet barely operates at this point.
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    The saved file can't be seen in the drive visually, though it is there. I'm not a developer or expert in coding but it has to do something with Google Play games. That gives you the option to enable saved games for your app. The users have nothing to do with it. Simply sign into Google Play games and your data will be updated every time you launch the app.

Wish, I can only think of one possible solution. Try moving the app to Internal storage if it's on your SD Card, or vice-versa. Maybe it has to do something with your memory and it crashes. The app is data hungry.

Otherwise just don't lose hope and see if Glu can help you out here.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    Thanks Charli...

I don't know how to do that & am afraid to risk screwing it up. When I sign into Google Play, and look at the apps attached to my account... KKH is there!!! So is Stardom. Even though neither of them are installed right now! So I KNOW that the Google Cloud saving area has my game! It just won't OPEN!? The little green Google Play box even connects... then:

"Unfortunately Kardashian has stopped"
    Tried following the steps again... nothing works.
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Wish, I really don't think Glu works as much on the weekend, that you should expect much help now. Can you go to a movie, step away from the game for a while?

And yes, I do know how frustrating this is. My game wouldn't even open without crashing for several weeks, and I was pretty sure I'd never get it back. Hang in there.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

Hi. I'm sorry I did some Cleanup in Aisle B. I was off trying to fix my Androids not seeing each other. Everyone's just trying to help. It's frustrating I know. I want to rip everything out of my Androids. I don't even know which one isnt' moving, I have to just step away from my situation. THe crashing is much worse of course, but we become so invested in the game, tempers fly.

So, untill that mail box opens up, there's really not much I can suggest. If I've made edits, I apologize but it's for the greater good, and doesn't affect the post.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Is there any way to save the game or transfer the game to a new device, on iOS? Sorry if it was covered in the thread...it's a lot of tech talk to take in.

If not, will there be in future? I'd love to think I can someday get a new device and not lose all the investment I've made in KKH.
    My everlasting deepest thanks to tech magician wacamoe, who managed to help me transfer my game!!

Glu... this guy went above & beyond, he's amazing & deserves a raise... for real... thanks to you wacamoe, I'll be enjoying playing kkh for a long time to come on my shiny new tablet. I still can't believe it. Just awesome.

Thanks a million!!
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    Wish wrote: »
    My everlasting deepest thanks to tech magician wacamoe, who managed to help me transfer my game!!

Glu... this guy went above & beyond, he's amazing & deserves a raise... for real... thanks to you wacamoe, I'll be enjoying playing kkh for a long time to come on my shiny new tablet. I still can't believe it. Just awesome.

Thanks a million!!

YAY! So happy for you!
    iOS
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    I like that user name. Wacamoe.

Solving customer service issues can be like playing whack a mole!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Lol Polkadot!!

Wish, glad for you! Care to share any important steps? I'll be transferring my android device soon, and could use any extra information. Though this information is also useful to everyone else. Thanks in advance :)
    PM to add
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Wish, this is beyond wonderful news. I know the feeling of joy when the problem is resolved. It's an "over the moon" kind of feeling :)

I'm so glad it they were able to help you.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
    Awesome news Wish. Enjoy the new device, and the game on the new device. I am so glad they heard us as far as wanting to save our games and transfer them. Think long term. What good is a game, if you can't take it with you when you upgrade your device? I'm so happy you got this taken care of Wish :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    That's amazing Wish! I'm so happy that everything worked fine! Now go to have a lot of fun!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • QueenSukiiQueenSukii Registered Users 120 Posts
    I've tried three times following the iOS instructions and nothing has worked for me. It makes me start a new game. It doesn't even ask about a saved file. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Does it matter if my original game is on an iPod touch and I'm not connected to wifi right now?
    GC: QueenSukii
    Instagram: @QueenSukii
    iPhone 8 iOS 11.1
  • HelphelpHelphelp Registered Users 124 Posts
    How can I transfer my game to my phone from my tablet?
    Hi. You must be staying in the same platform, and if it's iOS please read here, and if it's Android, please read here. Be very very careful, read all the steps a few times, and just know that there is always a degree of risk. Did I mention be careful? Good luck, and let us know how it turns out. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Unfortunately my tablet is running so slowly that it won't even let me update the game :-(
    were you trying to transfer because your game is crashing because of the Android update?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Nope, I can't even update the game that's the problem :(

My tablet has been running really slowly but I don't know if I'll have troubles transferring it since I have a Nook but google play works on there