Glu and Google + ?

ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
2 weeks ago, I asked Glu why friends had all disappeared, and here was their answer :

Screenshot_2015-10-19-16-03-58_zpsi5w8s8jo_edit_1445283882032.png_zpsq1xrwtui.jpeg~original

I'm speechless. Anyone knows anything abou this ?

Note Koko: Title was originally Glu No Longer Supports Google+ ?
Do you hear the phone when I call ?
Do you feel the thud when I fall?
Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
#TeamCassio

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    wow. I don't know what to say. So now it's FB or nothing? how would we even do that? Some Androids can't see anyone when they're connected with FB.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    No wonder Vats never appeared in anyone's game!

Just to communicate you Koko, that Kat is using the braided hair style right now, but Z remains the same in case you don't know.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Oddly enough, Z is showing up looking normal in Kokolo's game. I found on the tablet how to "disconnect the Google Play services' on the device. THen when I opened up the game, it did the whole Connecting with Kim's popup, and then it was fine. I have not yet found how to do that on the phone. It will happen eventually. When you try so many things, then you forget how you did it?

I don't understand what the response Chanrin got was all about. Game Center is so much better.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • wacamoewacamoe Registered Users 61 Posts
    Chanrin wrote: »
    2 weeks ago, I asked Glu why friends had all disappeared, and here was their answer :

Screenshot_2015-10-19-16-03-58_zpsi5w8s8jo_edit_1445283882032.png_zpsq1xrwtui.jpeg~original

I'm speechless. Anyone knows anything abou this ?

Hey there! I can confirm that we do support Google+ in this game. There seems to be a mistake in our FAQ section for this title.

Rest assured that your friends that you have through Google+ will still show up, assuming they are also on the same version of the game as you.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
    happy gaming
    Ok, I'm happy again. I still think they're trying to rule the world. Thanks for that clarification.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • wacamoewacamoe Registered Users 61 Posts
    "They" being Glu or "They" being Google?

In either case.....the answer may be yes.... :)
    happy gaming
    Well if it is to Glu rule the world, I hope that during the mandate you include tappables at the streets where we can receive real money every 3 minutes, thank you!

Koko, I'm confused Z is Kokolo, right? She is dressed as pirate in my game for a while...
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    I meant Google wants to rule the world and that offends me. Game center says "Ok, connect, play your game, and we'll stay out of the way." Google says "Ok, you can connect using Google+, but if you sign into FB I will freeze your contacts as they look. And you will have an awful time properly connecting., And a few other offensive things. My Androids were doing fine seeing each other till their latest hiccup.

Now lets see Vats, When my phone goes into see Simon, the Google+ account is KatKokonut, but the phone's game name is Z. my Tab game is Kokolo to Google+ , but Simon calls her Kat.

Here's a screenshot from the Tab, who sees the phone perfectly. that's how each game is dressed. Kokolo Konut/Kat in red in
    and Kat Kokonut/Z shown in the friend tab.

TabAllGood_zps7mtfaqbk.jpg

Here's a screenshot From the phone, Showing Kat Kokonut/Z as the game owner, and shows Kokolo in the pirate outfit she hasn't had on since Friday when the Android Event points fix came through. I don't know how to get her out of the Pirate outfit in the other game.

phone%20GuestwrongOutfit_zpsi4eoz4dd.jpg

They both were messed up until I found instructions to Disconncect Google+ (or google Play Services) from the Tablet. and then reconnect by signing in when prompted. That seems to have brought the tab back to current status.

I've looked in the phone and I can't repeat those steps (forgot where I found them) , and I can't find a disconnect link except simply for the kardashian game. and that does nothing. So, until there's another update or something happens, the phone will think she's married to a crazy person in a pirate costume with thick funky glasses.

Unless there was an Andoid Expert at Large who wanted to help me out. Seriously, if I have to see that pirate costume every time I go home or get on a plane, I'll divorce my darn self. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ok I'm still confused by the names, but Kokolo is wearing the clothes of your first picture right now, so I guess everything started to working again. I always forget how to do those things too, the best way to disconnect is just deleting the app of Google Play, I did that cause it was connected with another account and I wanted to put a new account just for the game!

Now the good news:
    GcBn2vI.png?1

Chanrin your doll show up in my game today like 4 months after we added each other, there is hope for this world:D

I hope Vats start to show up too!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    That is good news. I'm going to go check that game again, so Vats, you see no more of that pirate costume? And if Chanrin just showed up for you, maybe there is hope for my games to finally get you guys in. I'll go check again.

ETA: How do you delete Google Play? When you reconnect it's all there? Should I do that?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Oh look there you are. :p

NUtklpy.png

Can you see us in your game now?
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I ran to check, yes Chanrin appeared for me too! Right now I need Vats and DMV to appear, and for Bilal to change clothes. If only Chanrin could tell us what special things she did, that may have triggered her doll to appear on everyone's game, at the same time.
    PM to add
    Why can't I see Vats? I don't think I was in circles with Chanrin. Ooh, I'll go see if Jax changed clothes for me. I found such a wealth of info, a lot I didn't understand, but I managed to give my google system a high colonic for lack of a better description. *Wink
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Wow Chanrin appeared for everybody today, one of the mysteries of Google+... I want Vats show up for you guys too!

Yep Koko no more pirate!

Unfortunely Bilal is wearing the same outfit for decades and Jax is also wearing the same thing for a while, are you changing his clothes Nai?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    Yeah I actually I might have something to do with that, I tapped the green game pad in the game, in the contacts list (google play logo) , went into my settings and realized they were set to 'private' . I then chose you guys to be allowed to see me and I guess it worked!

But now I have another problem! I could no longer tap on the Google play tab.... then I realized my G+ name had disappeared and so did the login button, which supports the theory that Glu don't support G+ anymore... then a message appeared, saying a 'critical uparade ' was available.... I went to Google play store, thinking it might solve my problem, updated my game and now IT CRASHES UPON OPENING!

What is happening???

---
    #TeamCassio
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Aha, maybe that's why.

Vats, Jax didn't change for a few days but he just changed :p
    PM to add
    Hi Chanrin, You name not being in that box is normal. Mine disappears and comes back every so often. I usually poke around, sign into google+ again, and eventually it pops back in. Next time it happens, I'll make note of how I get it back.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Good to know Nai!

So I checked to see if my profile was set to be 'private' as Chanrin did, but is everything ok. So I still don't have an explanation to why Vats don't show up in your games guys...
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Chanrin wrote: »
    Yeah I actually I might have something to do with that, I tapped the green game pad in the game, in the contacts list (google play logo) , went into my settings and realized they were set to 'private' . I then chose you guys to be allowed to see me and I guess it worked!

But now I have another problem! I could no longer tap on the Google play tab.... then I realized my G+ name had disappeared and so did the login button, which supports the theory that Glu don't support G+ anymore... then a message appeared, saying a 'critical uparade ' was available.... I went to Google play store, thinking it might solve my problem, updated my game and now IT CRASHES UPON OPENING!

What is happening???

Mmmhhh...this might help me. I was so exited to see this 'fix' and then I remember that we have updategate in full bloom and Garrett is currently living in LAX 'till Glu can go around this android mess. We gamers have such problems LOL.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
    Vats wrote: »
    Good to know Nai!

So I checked to see if my profile was set to be 'private' as Chanrin did, but is everything ok. So I still don't have an explanation to why Vats don't show up in your games guys...

Vats, are you able to access your game ? (I mean are you not affected by the ****ty updates ?) Because the settings I was talking about are actually in the game itself, maybe you misunderstood and went to your G+ profile ?

I meant to show you guys with screenshots actually, but that's when the big crash started ..

---
    #TeamCassio
    I think Chanrin means the settings you access by clicking on the little 'game controller' tab. In there you have all your achievements. and in the upper right there's a button for setttings.

Is this it Chanrin?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I think Chanrin means the settings you access by clicking on the little 'game controller' tab. In there you have all your achievements. and in the upper right there's a button for setttings.

Is this it Chanrin?

Yes! Exactly! Thanks Koko! Sometimes I struggle so much with English and I end up making simple things sound complicated haha

---
    #TeamCassio
    Ok now that my game is working I followed what you girls said and set up everything again, keep on eye to see V Vats appear in your games soon!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Vats wrote: »
    Ok now that my game is working I followed what you girls said and set up everything again, keep on eye to see V Vats appear in your games soon!

Kat appeared for the 1st time in my game \o/
    Screenshot_2015-10-24-00-30-25_zpslkryoiyz.png

---
    #TeamCassio