That Dress - KK:H Edition

DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
From Koko: These posts appeared in the Birthday thread. I decided this topic within a thread would make a great post on their own. When the original Color of the dress issue broke through the internet, we discussed it her, a thread started by GluAdmin as a matter of fact.

So why not give this it's own thread, and tag both this and the original hoopla for easy retrieval. The original posts still appear in Kim's birthday thread, which was closed when the new one opened.

Onto the thread: DMV Doll posted:

There is quiet a heated debate going in my friend's IG comments about the new dress. I never thought a dress color would be discussed again, but here we are... So I have to ask "what color do you think this dress is?? ? :confused:

•black and Silver/Off Black and grey
Or
•chocolate brown and white

PhotoGrid_1445523222545_zpstppjqzml.jpg:rolleyes:

Inspiration for the dress
PhotoGrid_1445555529968_zps2cnbwjez.jpg
I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
Prev1

Comments

• CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Off black and grey, I guess? :confused:
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    On some photos it looks like black & grey and on some I swear I see it as very dark olive green :eek:
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I'm with Sassy about the dress look olive green and the stripes are light silver lol
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    I think its green ans silver...
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Dark green on my screen!
    PM to add
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    The dress looks like a chocolate brown shaded color with silver stripes.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    Olive green on my iphone too. Not quite sure about the colour of the stripes...could be a light silver or lime.
  • MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    I am in agreement with the dark olive green. The stripes are kind of a silvery white.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    The stripes are like white but then stained with the olive green.
    PM to add
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Funny... I see at off-black /siler

Andriod player
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Funny... I see at off-black /siler

I don't know what an off black means. Like a black that is off lol...at first to me it looked black but then I saw the dark green. But it might be the actual performance of the screen. And that dress was white and golden, whatever photoshop gurus say, I never ever freaking saw the blue and black in it :P.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I

took some screenshots of the color picker in my graphic prgm, the light comes off a few shade toward yellow from silver, but the dark is coming in from the green/brown and orange where it's slightly transparent over the skin. The true blacks come in from red when you select black from the color squares.
    20151022_115052.jpg

20151022_115035.jpg
    20151022_115016.jpg

It's a grey area. LOL.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I found a olive green color and a chocolate brown color online. I'm an artist in real life so I know different shades of colors. There's different shades to green and brown.

Screenshot_2015_10_22_13_31_10_1.png Screenshot_2015_10_22_13_31_59_1.png
    upload images free
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

I did some searching, and back when the whole Dress errupted, Glu not only gave us these:

10985016_640084352763948_2720171170967009847_o.jpg

And here's the whole vote thing.
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Are you #‎TeamWhiteGold or #‎TeamBlueBlack? Vote for which dress you’d like to see in a future update HERE: https://www.facebook.com/KimKardashianGame/photos/a.531375696968148.1073741828.506963449409373/640084352763948/

Just thought it would fun to look at the whole thing. I think our new dress is more of a which color, than the two they gave us. But check it out, and look at the vote page o FB. Ahh good times.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I think the free birthday dress looks black & silver. Both shades are a little muted or, as DMV put it, "off-black." I don't see brown or olive at all.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    The Great Debate of The Dress and the randomness of the internet :) Got to love it! It was sooooo much fun and everyone was so passionate about it.

I do not see brown or olive either Holly ¯\(°_o)/¯

Oh BTW... this is the difference between black and off-black. I prefer black, but details don't show as well

PhotoGrid_1445555898195_zpsygzfdilp.jpg

Andriod player
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    The dress is light pink
    In my world it's all purple. ;) But for this dress, I saw it as charcoal (off black?) but with a champagne tinted silver. Oh, like Pewter? But with different accessories and even skin tone it picks up different hue.

But what the eye sees and the mathmatics of the color tell us (thinking rgb here) are often two different things.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • BrianneBrianne Registered Users 144 Posts
    Looks dark olive and silver, to me. Probably depends on your screen and the colors surrounding it.. Pretty interesting to hear that people are perceiving it differently, though!!
    add me on iOS Gamecenter: 3rianne
    My doll's name is Aria Hawke. 🌸
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    I see both it honestly just depends on how you style it IMO.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    The Great Debate of The Dress and the randomness of the internet :) Got to love it! It was sooooo much fun and everyone was so passionate about it.

I do not see brown or olive either Holly ¯\(°_o)/¯

Oh BTW... this is the difference between black and off-black. I prefer black, but details don't show as well

PhotoGrid_1445555898195_zpsygzfdilp.jpg

I agree. I see off black and silver. Off black can "pull" slightly towards another color. Like the dress on the right in this pic above pulls blue (for a black). We have tons of different shades of black in the wardrobe. It's annoying when the blacks don't match on separates, just like in real life!
    iOS
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    When I first looked at it I saw black and silver. But upon further inspection I see all of the colors you guys described. So who knows!
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    The gold or blue dress controversy already blew my mind when that happened.

I saw one color and someone else in the same room saw the other color!

In the KKH party dress I see black and smoky grey. With white stripes.
    This is how I styled my doll with the dress. I literally was searching inside of her closet trying to find accessories that matched with it. I came across the ring, the bracelets, the purse, and the shoes. The dress looks chocolate brown inside of my doll's closet.

It's that obvious that I'm very passionate about art that's how I know different colors of shades so well. I was interested in this fashion debate so I had to join in. I founded the chocolate brown color and the olive green color online.

So I tested the lighter olive green color purse on my doll, but it just throws the whole wardrobe off. It doesn't seem to match with the dress. So I went with the look that my doll has taken her selfie in the London background.

I'm confused how come everyone is seeing different colors on their screens. Am I'm the only one seeing the actual color from my device?

2ikbebr.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

That's the whole mystery of the "that dress" dilemma though.

I'm not making it up or anything. Those are the colors I see. It is the same on the forum as it is in the game for me - black, smoky grey, white.

In your photos though Carol? That one on the right looks SLIGHTLY less black and more greenish (olive cast but still black), next to the green purse.
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    That's the whole mystery of the "that dress" dilemma though.

I'm not making it up or anything. Those are the colors I see. It is the same on the forum as it is in the game for me - black, smoky grey, white.

In your photos though Carol? That one on the right looks SLIGHTLY less black and more greenish (olive cast but still black), next to the green purse.

Omg it's so weird because I think that everyone found it difficult to style this dress. I thought that it was easy to style my doll with those colors that I've chosen for my doll that's posing on the London background.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

I'm confused how come everyone is seeing different colors on their screens. Am I'm the only one seeing the actual color from my device?

2ikbebr.jpg

Yes Carol, you're the only one who sees the actual color of the dress from your device. This must be why everyone else found it difficult to style:) This is a perfect display of your passion and expertise for art and fashion! Kudos chica!!!!

What device do you use again?

Andriod player
    Yes Carol, you're the only one who sees the actual color of the dress from your device. This must be why everyone else found it difficult to style:) This is a perfect display of your passion and expertise for art and fashion! Kudos chica!!!!

What device do you use again?

Thanks DMV. I'm glad that you understood my post.

I'm playing KKH from my Android phone. It's Samsung Galaxy avant g386t. It's probably no longer in stores. I think that it may be sold out.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

I didn't find it difficult to style because it looks black to me. So, I just kept the shoes on from the Kim's offer outfit, and not even sure if I added jewelry.

The dress looks fab on its own IMO.
  • Katherine.Katherine. Registered Users 66 Posts
    I see a very dark green-brown, more brown than olive would typically be.
    My Game Center is HHANNAH99, feel free to add me!