Options

Updating iPhone

Becca3Becca3 Registered Users 26 Posts
If I update my iPhone to the current version will I lose my game?

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Do you mean change device or take the Apple update? I just had to take the update for my ipad this morning, the only thing was I had to sign in again for GameCenter and Itunes. So the update was no problem, just be sure to have all your login info at your disposal. I had to run around looking for mine again. But after that it was pretty smooth.

In addition to signing in with my AppleID, I had to sign in with the Google Cloud. THis was new, but I guess I did it right. If you mean putting the game on a new device, we have different instructions for that. :)

But just remember, there is always an element of risk involved.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Becca3 wrote: »
    If I update my iPhone to the current version will I lose my game?

I updated my phone and my game is doing just fine. However, one time when I updated my phone it set me back like 4 weeks (so I didn't lose everything, just about a month of progress).

I do think Glu has been making improvements so you're less likely to experience any issues but I'd just say take a screenshot of your current game before you update, just in case.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Since I opened my iPad yesterday and had to update the OS that's what I said was fine as long as you have all your login info.

Or they could have meant upgrade to a different device, which now we can do again. But because Becca hasn't come back, I guess it all went well.

But I'll never stop telling people to be super careful because there's always a risk, because I never want to see someone else lose their game. It's a heartbreaking thing. :(
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary