Waiting for the Halloween Update Thread!!

1235Next

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Andromeda wrote: »
    I'm intrigued by the possibility of a black Friday sale! Does anyone remember what the deals were last year? Should I use my Google play credit on this 20% off sale, or is it worth waiting another month?

Oh, but do what feels right for you. You never know what will happen. :) I got my stars this morning. Now I just have to spend wisely. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Mklove wrote: »
    I would be suprised if it would be more than a weekend event this time...
    The game became so money oriented that I dont think they will invest any graphic desig for the pleasure of the player community...
    I still want to be suprised though...

This is so true! I was excited for all Glu's new games soon but now I probably won't even try them.. Glu doesn't care about their customers at ALL, they just want our money. When they do rarely give us free KStars it's only like 5.. Which can't even buy anything in the game.

I was sticking around just for the holiday season on KKH because last year it was my favorite time, but now things are clearly different.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • RocStarRocStar Registered Users 20 Posts
    I absolutely loved last years holiday events! It seemed to start at Halloween and go all through New Years with a couple week long events and great outfits. Getting the candy felt like Xmas!!!
    I hear ya, Mklove, about the whole capitalistic mentality. It definitely feels like GLU tried a bit harder in the beginning to make things more fun. Now there's a solid following (i.e addicted population lol), its changed. I remember only 1 weekend where all the items were 50% off but I never saw it again �� I'm still hopeful though and really hope halloween fun starts soon!!!!
  • MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    Feels like we are asking for some free drugs to the dealer that knows that we will end up paying for what we ask for free...
    RocStar wrote: »
    I absolutely loved last years holiday events! It seemed to start at Halloween and go all through New Years with a couple week long events and great outfits. Getting the candy felt like Xmas!!!
    I hear ya, Mklove, about the whole capitalistic mentality. It definitely feels like GLU tried a bit harder in the beginning to make things more fun. Now there's a solid following (i.e addicted population lol), its changed. I remember only 1 weekend where all the items were 50% off but I never saw it again �� I'm still hopeful though and really hope halloween fun starts soon!!!!
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Yeah, the feeling of this game has really changed. I've been seriously bummed to have so little build-up to Halloween, after it was such a good time last year! Have to admit it leaves me kinda without hope for the Holiday events! Maybe they'll still surprise us, but I don't know. I mean, we had several Halloween costumes to be won last year, and this year we have only an incredibly-expensive and uninspired Wednesday Addams costume to buy so far, and no clickable Halloween items around the game...Wah! Things have really changed.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    Im so bummed about this game right now. This KKH halloween sucks. And I agree with some of you saying we get only 5k stars for free at her birthday, its so ridicouless!!
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    Reading all of your comments makes me mad I didn't start playing this game last year :/. It's like they don't care to impress or surprise their new players, which isn't a good business move.
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
    Maybe the halloween update delay has something to do with GLU having to fix all the major glitches in the recent updates? Falling into cynic mode comes naturally for me so I'm just trying to be optimistic and hope GLU isn't slacking on us :-) I suppose we could add our complaints/wishes to the suggestion thread. Or just wait it out. Not like we have many options lol.
    Half price everything in the Closet. Hair included. Right? THat's what I'm remembering. It's what spoiled me into buying everything I wanted. If it's less of a discount this year, I don't think it will have the same impact on the new players who could easily become as addicted as we are. haha :)

Yes, everything was 50% off! It was fantastic! Who doesn't love a sale? Plus I'd think they'd make money-i don't know about you but I almost always spend more if I feel like I'm getting a deal. It's the whole "getting more for less" marketing psychology that pulls us in. I remember debating what to buy that weekend and by the last 10 minutes of the sale, I pretty much filled my closet with pretty colored pixels :-)
    Yes, everything was 50% off! It was fantastic! Who doesn't love a sale? Plus I'd think they'd make money-i don't know about you but I almost always spend more if I feel like I'm getting a deal. It's the whole "getting more for less" marketing psychology that pulls us in. I remember debating what to buy that weekend and by the last 10 minutes of the sale, I pretty much filled my closet with pretty colored pixels :-)

Same, they definitely got me to spend my K-Stars. I ended up buying stuff that I haven't even worn since (lol I have the same problem in real life too)
    Maybe the halloween update delay has something to do with GLU having to fix all the major glitches in the recent updates? Falling into cynic mode comes naturally for me so I'm just trying to be optimistic and hope GLU isn't slacking on us :-) I suppose we could add our complaints/wishes to the suggestion thread. Or just wait it out. Not like we have many options lol.

Well hopefully they're actually dealing with something important and not just slacking. I mean they released the teaser with all the Halloween costumes 2 weeks ago and haven't done anything "Halloween-y" since.
  • ChiyoChiyo Registered Users 65 Posts

I agree. I never wanted to invest any real money in this game but when the Black Friday sale came I just had to take advantage of it and buy as much as possible. If that hadn't been the case Glu would never have gotten any money from me. I'm sure other people felt the same way and if Glu is smart they'll repeat it this year.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Carol Davida is getting prepared for the Halloween party costume for the kids. She decorated their room so that that they can get into the holiday season.

dvrnh4.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I just wish GLU had thought differently when planning halloween.

I mean, how fun would it have been for the weekend events to be costumes instead of regular clothes? 3 earnable costumes and, I guess, a VIP event for a pay costume? Or even simply two costumes and Kim's birthday weekend last week.

We're earning clothes anyway so why not get festive? Hopefully the costumes are cute at least
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Please re-read your post before posting, to make sure it doesn't sound rude or judgemental. Talk about the game, not about other members, if you feel something is wrong, please pm me. Do not engage the member yourself. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Nisha300Nisha300 Registered Users 347 Posts
    I just hope Halloween is good this year I got a new phone a couple months ago and had to start over so I lost all my Halloween stuff I had the genie costume the red riding hood dress and the pirate costume
  • MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    So i had a little hope left for 11 oclock Paris time..
    And now it is confirmed o me that well have a classic weekend event... Its a shame
    Something is just again broken...
  • xxTrinePrincessxxxxTrinePrincessxx Registered Users 157 Posts
    It's about time that we recieve this update soon! This is genuinely driving me crazy;
    616761E1-8015-4013-9958-786BDBB371BD.jpg
    GC: trineaitken :o 19 year old girl from Norway
  • kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    It's about time that we recieve this update soon! This is genuinely driving me crazy;
    Same here. I'm so bored by the game at the moment.
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts

I definitely feel that way myself. A sale always makes me want to spend more because I'm getting a deal and if I like the item anyway then why wait to buy it at full price? xD
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts

Oh wow...I've never seen that in any of my games ever. Does that make me lazy? Lol. ;)
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    I guess there will only be a Halloween weekend event this weekend with the costumes we saw in the update preview and that's all. I'm kinda dissapointed we don't have Haloween decorations this year. And I'm sure we will only get an opportunity to win two costumes and not three like last year. Not happy :(
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

I guess there will only be a Halloween weekend event this weekend with the costumes we saw in the update preview and that's all. I'm kinda dissapointed we don't have Haloween decorations this year. And I'm sure we will only get an opportunity to win two costumes and not three like last year. Not happy :(

Same but I kind of saw this coming.. KKH just hasn't been the same for me lately.
  • FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    I don't understand why they didn't add the decorations with the update.
    "Halloween update" more like Halloween weekend event. I really hope a Christmas update for December with snow and decorations like last year not only in the weekend event.
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Wish they would begin this event early and end late since it is a holiday event. People celebrate Halloween worldwide now, I am told.

Weds morning - Monday 5 PM would have been ideal. JMO.

Hope it will be a spendy event with a K star sale. That would be like Halloween candy.
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    Wish they would begin this event early and end late since it is a holiday event. People celebrate Halloween worldwide now, I am told.

Weds morning - Monday 5 PM would have been ideal. JMO.

Hope it will be a spendy event with a K star sale. That would be like Halloween candy.

Idk why they gave the androids a huge KStar sale and not the iOS players...
  • IAmRyanJeanIAmRyanJean Registered Users 22 Posts

Same 😔😔😔 I was very excited for Halloween, do you think the new Christmas update will be the same with no decorations and more?
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Idk why they gave the androids a huge KStar sale and not the iOS players...

Thanks! Me either.

Similar thing happened in another game...some players got this great bargain deal and most did not. Randomly (in that case), it seemed.

I don't understand the division. Maybe it was because Android users had problems last event but still, I think it's too big to not give to all.