Weekend Event 11/13/15 ~ Fashion Voting: Deja Vu Friday the 13th

Comments

• SpleenSpleen Registered Users 321 Posts
    Hello everyone :)
    Newbie to the forum here ^^
    I loooove this event, I love the outfit from the gift boxes it's amazing ! So I spent some kstars to open 6 boxes in total and I got the skirt and the purse. I wanted the jacket so badly but sadly I can't afford it now...
    I think this is the first event I will be able to finish since I'm 44 points away from the last item. I always failed every time because I usually work during the weekends so I'm glad this is finally happening ♥

• Lil.ms.emtLil.ms.emt Registered Users 6 Posts
    I absolutely love the voting weekend! So much fun to see other players! Does make me so sad that I can't get some of the hairstyles the others have!! There was definitely a lot of hair styles I've seen that are no longer available for purchase:( I do hope they do this again! Also ofcourse the outfit I want is in the boxes.. And I've used all the stars I had and only got the skirt:(. And some hair that I don't like.. :( oh well. I'm trying to behave my self and not buy any more stars...
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Beyoncé33 wrote: »
    Hi guys !! I have a problem: i can't submitt a look and i don't know why ?? :(:(

That's odd! Are you android? Because my game is and I am suddenly unable to vote on looks. Everytime I vote on the current set - two guys - my game crashes before recording the result. I was able to submit a look at least.

Are any other android users having an issue? Should we take this to the troubleshooting part of the forums?
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    The game crashes a lot. I'm able to submit and vote but the game freezes and I have to live the game, close the app and open it again And after a while repeat the process.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Happy birthday Nai! All the best! xo

2e205co.jpg

Oh my god, I adore this cake! Quick, Nai, take some good pics of it and then cut me a giant slice!

Happy Birthday, sweet Nai! Glad your family went all out for you!
    You're so gorgeous!
    image_zpsc75uo7x3.png
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I am stuck on the dreaded "getting results" right now. I have gotten the purse and was working towards the outfit. I still can complete the last gig for more points. I really don't want to work shifts at So Chic, since I am only 15 million away from #1 and my 2nd comeback. *sigh* Hopefully, my game corrects itself soon! *crossing fingers*

The last gig gives you 30 points so that will help you.
    Wolf had a great tip -- if you have the Kash, go on a 1 hour date in Soho! She's only using 4 energy (+ Kash) to finish the 1 hour dates.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    The last gig gives you 30 points so that will help you.
    Wolf had a great tip -- if you have the Kash, go on a 1 hour date in Soho! She's only using 4 energy (+ Kash) to finish the 1 hour dates.

I do have a lot of cash. Thanks for the tip! I will try it!

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

Spleen wrote: »
    Hello everyone :)
    Newbie to the forum here ^^
    I loooove this event, I love the outfit from the gift boxes it's amazing ! So I spent some kstars to open 6 boxes in total and I got the skirt and the purse. I wanted the jacket so badly but sadly I can't afford it now...
    I think this is the first event I will be able to finish since I'm 44 points away from the last item. I always failed every time because I usually work during the weekends so I'm glad this is finally happening ♥

Welcome to the Forum!!!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    The dating helped me. Bort called and at first I was frustrated since it seems like he can't get the hint that I don't want to see him every day, but I went off to Soho for an hour and voila! 3 check marks. Still have ~100 more to go!

Also, so happy with the gift box this weekend. My brother is visiting and I asked him to choose a number between 1-8 and he chose 8, which is the one I usually go for anyway and yes! The skirt which is really the only thing I wanted. Much nicer than the 3 cash prizes that were also waiting. I swear, seems like instead of paying attention to the petition and the fact that I will NOT spend money on an event box unless I know it won't be cash, they just add more.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Thanks Vats, BobbieM, kate, DMV (love that GIF), Eselle (lovely cake), Sassy (best cake, you know my taste!) and Luz.
    PM to add
  • KkmiaKkmia Registered Users 77 Posts
    Im really enjoying this event. This is the first weekend event I've been able to finish in a long time.

I've also seen a long purple dress on a doll in the how you style ,with a big split up the side. Never seen it before and wondered if it was from a weekend event ?
    I'll try post a pic later
    Kkmia wrote: »
    Im really enjoying this event. This is the first weekend event I've been able to finish in a long time.

I've also seen a long purple dress on a doll in the how you style ,with a big split up the side. Never seen it before and wondered if it was from a weekend event ?
    I'll try post a pic later

Yay!!! I'm happy to see some positive responses to this event. I'm glad you enjoyed it and you finished!

The purple gown is from a Weekend Event.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • darinSUEdarinSUE Registered Users 108 Posts
    I'm going to finish this event too, thanks to you Holly ♥
    G C : d a r i n S U E
    ≈ Foreign native language, please correct me everytime you can!
    darinSUE wrote: »
    I'm going to finish this event too, thanks to you Holly ♥

Thrilled to hear that Sue! :-)

I know many people were worried they wouldn't finish so it's great to see that people are earning the final outfit.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Congrats everyone!

I finished last night. I love these kind of events so much because I don't need to set up an alarm every 3 hours :D
  • ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    How do y'all post your outfits to here? Do y'all do it on phone or on computer?
  • Beyoncé33Beyoncé33 Registered Users 67 Posts
    Since yesterday i can't submit a look so i'll not finish this event sadly !! :(
  • wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    I always love these fashion voting events. They're fun as hell and much easier to complete than other weekend events. My only problem is the glitch some of us are getting that keeps the button stuck on "getting results" which then makes us unable to submit a new look. It didn't impact me too much this weekend because I had already won the outfit when it started glitching, but it's still something that Glu needs to look at and fix.
  • Beyoncé33Beyoncé33 Registered Users 67 Posts
    I always love these fashion voting events. They're fun as hell and much easier to complete than other weekend events. My only problem is the glitch some of us are getting that keeps the button stuck on "getting results" which then makes us unable to submit a new look. It didn't impact me too much this weekend because I had already won the outfit when it started glitching, but it's still something that Glu needs to look at and fix.

We hope that they'll fix this bug rapidly because the event ends :( !
  • wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    Beyoncé33 wrote: »
    We hope that they'll fix this bug rapidly because the event ends :( !
    Hi Bey33, how many ticks do you have? Have you tried completing 1 hour work shifts at So Chic, or if you have lots of cash to spare, dates at Oak in Soho? Each of those will give you a number of ticks depending on how many event items you have so far. It's much slower than being able to submit fashion looks, unfortunately, but it does work if you really want the outfit.
  • Rosie99Rosie99 Registered Users 64 Posts
    I haven't been able to vote, my game is frozen on two dolls and whichever one I vote for it freezes and won't advance to the next two. It's been like that since yesterday afternoon. I have an iPhone and I need to close out the game and open it again.

I've also had some dolls in their underwear in the choices.

I was able to finish by doing 1 hour shifts at the store, but this was the glitchiest even for me since the game started.

I don't know how to post pics or I would show you who I'm stuck on.
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    ARTPOP wrote: »

Hi there, I post exclusively from my phone :)
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    ARTPOP wrote: »

It doesn't really matter which; you have to use a third party hosting site, like Imgur or Photobucket. This site does not have an ability to allow us to directly upload our pix, sadly! I'm burning through my Imgur storage very, very quickly. :p
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    The dating helped me. Bort called and at first I was frustrated since it seems like he can't get the hint that I don't want to see him every day, but I went off to Soho for an hour and voila! 3 check marks. Still have ~100 more to go!

Also, so happy with the gift box this weekend. My brother is visiting and I asked him to choose a number between 1-8 and he chose 8, which is the one I usually go for anyway and yes! The skirt which is really the only thing I wanted. Much nicer than the 3 cash prizes that were also waiting. I swear, seems like instead of paying attention to the petition and the fact that I will NOT spend money on an event box unless I know it won't be cash, they just add more.

You have a doll named Bort also?
    by bladeoo:
    I'm enjoying the event, I just don't get how the voting works. And how can you pay k stars to get your results 13 sec after submitting your look? I know we vote for others, but what if no one votes for ours in those 13 sec? You lost the voting and k stars lol. It almost feels like it's completely random.
    I guess they'll just let you win then xD

Paying K stars to speed up getting your voting results does NOT equal an automatic win. Just so everyone knows. I did this more than once this past weekend. The first time so I could get the handbag and go to sleep; the second time so I could finish, completely. And BOTH times, my look lost.

Just fyi, all.

Also, I found out that 1 hour gigs from Simon also paid off in event points:

gsY0W99.png

About submitting looks once I had the last prize: No! I personally do not believe in that. Even if someone is voting randomly, or laughs at the ridiculous look, or thinks submitting as Willow is funny, and votes for any of those reasons - we could take points away from someone who is desperately grinding to win those last prizes.

Once I got my last prize I heaved a huge sigh and QUIT. Lol. I vote for others, but no way I'm submitting looks. Getting points after the last prize is like getting another ear. Why would you need one more? Lol ;):p

JMO!!!!
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Rosie99 wrote: »
    I haven't been able to vote, my game is frozen on two dolls and whichever one I vote for it freezes and won't advance to the next two. It's been like that since yesterday afternoon. I have an iPhone and I need to close out the game and open it again.

This is my glitch too, only I'm on an android. how strange.

Thankfully I was still able to submit outfit and complete this weekend:

tumblr_nxv9pkanc71qfvh9po1_540.jpg

I still like the Karl coat from the boxes a lot and would even be willing to spend some kstars if I knew I would get it - seriously GLU, why not also put the box items in our closet for the weekend to buy directly with k-stars. I'd be sure to spend more often - but I must remind myself that all of this is only pixels & get over it :3
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
    Since Glu has reportedly asked for player feedback, here is mine for the voting event:

1. It does not seem fair to pit newbie players, with a small wardrobe and hardly any shoes, against long term players. Perhaps, then, do something like Levels 1-10 together, 11-20 together, 21-30 together, and VIP members together?? Etc....

2. Themes! I don't think people understood either theme, what it meant. I personally interpreted NY Fashion Week theme (the first voting event) as luxury and cutting edge forward thinking fashion - just like the real fashion week. But I saw a lot of sweats, jeans, etc. as submitted looks. This theme was even less clear, what does Karl like? How would any of us know? :p Some would assume it means try to wear his KL KKH collection - but when I saw that, it just seemed unimaginative to me, too literal.

So how about themes that change throughout the weekend - once a day, twice a day, every four hours, whatever?? And that should be clear in the SUBMIT LOOK panel each time. I kept seeing bikinis with heels all weekend, which mystified me. Is that high fashion? So how about just a Swimwear theme, a casual wear theme, a jeans theme, an evening gown theme, a day dress theme, an office look theme...on and on. Kind of like Naimonster's thread only not with specific clothes, just categories of fashion?? Make sense??

(And of course, naturally, only put same THEMES together, as far as voting pairs! Swimsuit for swimsuit...gown for gown...office wear for office wear...casual for casual...club wear for club wear...etc.)

An alternative to Glu changing the THEME every submit look time, would be, people could simply CHOOSE which theme to submit for, each time! Actually, this way, it might be easier for Glu to code it, such that the submitted look was sent to the correct voting booth for judging.

3. Points for voting! Whether one point per vote or one point per five votes...encourage people to vote and give newbies a way to grind and get points, if they have limited fashions or don't understand the theme or keep losing for whatever reason.

4. More gigs that pay in event points.

5. Keep the point total to win all prizes, low. We tap and tap and pay and pay, so it's nice if there is a fan event once in a while sort of to show appreciation to fans, which isn't so hard!

6. Possibly a shorter time between being able to get results and submit looks.

Thanks for reading :)
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    I wish we could share extra pink checks with friends; as well as duplicate things earned in the mystery boxes (from events) and daily boxes!
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    What is this Throwback Night thing that Kendall invited me to out of the blue?
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    Since Glu has reportedly asked for player feedback, here is mine for the voting event:

1. It does not seem fair to pit newbie players, with a small wardrobe and hardly any shoes, against long term players. Perhaps, then, do something like Levels 1-10 together, 11-20 together, 21-30 together, and VIP members together?? Etc....

2. Themes! I don't think people understood either theme, what it meant. I personally interpreted NY Fashion Week theme (the first voting event) as luxury and cutting edge forward thinking fashion - just like the real fashion week. But I saw a lot of sweats, jeans, etc. as submitted looks. This theme was even less clear, what does Karl like? How would any of us know? :p Some would assume it means try to wear his KL KKH collection - but when I saw that, it just seemed unimaginative to me, too literal.

So how about themes that change throughout the weekend - once a day, twice a day, every four hours, whatever?? And that should be clear in the SUBMIT LOOK panel each time. I kept seeing bikinis with heels all weekend, which mystified me. Is that high fashion? So how about just a Swimwear theme, a casual wear theme, a jeans theme, an evening gown theme, a day dress theme, an office look theme...on and on. Kind of like Naimonster's thread only not with specific clothes, just categories of fashion?? Make sense??

(And of course, naturally, only put same THEMES together, as far as voting pairs! Swimsuit for swimsuit...gown for gown...office wear for office wear...casual for casual...club wear for club wear...etc.)

An alternative to Glu changing the THEME every submit look time, would be, people could simply CHOOSE which theme to submit for, each time! Actually, this way, it might be easier for Glu to code it, such that the submitted look was sent to the correct voting booth for judging.

3. Points for voting! Whether one point per vote or one point per five votes...encourage people to vote and give newbies a way to grind and get points, if they have limited fashions or don't understand the theme or keep losing for whatever reason.

4. More gigs that pay in event points.

5. Keep the point total to win all prizes, low. We tap and tap and pay and pay, so it's nice if there is a fan event once in a while sort of to show appreciation to fans, which isn't so hard!

6. Possibly a shorter time between being able to get results and submit looks.

Thanks for reading :)

When I saw a (clearly) low level player pitted against someone who could afford or has everything, I would vote for the low level player. It just isn't fair to do it that way, so I like your idea
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool: