Throwback Clothing - Frustrating

BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
Im struggling with styling. But the how to style thread is small. The #ootd has so many great looks however, a lot of it is theowbck clothing. As long as I have been playing KKH there has never been a throwback event. It's frustrating, especially with HAIR and SHOES since those lack so many already!! Not that Gou reads these threads but Coke one Glu.. Give us some throwback items. It's BS that I've been playing over a year (at least) and have maybe 1-2 outfits that are unique. Everything else is in the store. No ball gown, go. Cute shoes, no cute hair, no neat tops, no better(or more) top options. Come on! Most spend so much money amnd the images are already there. /rant
Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
• Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
• Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
• iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
Prev13

Comments

• AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    There's only been two throwback events in the last year. There was one in July and one last month. I think the unique items you are seeing are mostly things people earned during weekend events. I know personally I have all the earnable weekend items and some of the weekend event gift box items. The throwback items are only things that you missed during weekend events.
    iOS
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Yeah, I totally get bummed when I don't get giftbox items I'm dying for. I felt that way with the Halloween queen of hearts hair. I spent endless amounts of Kstars to just chase that hair but I had zero luck. I hope and pray that Glu just sells all those event items in our wardrobe for a premium price, if they want. No more gift box anything. We should decide what we want & then buy it.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    AliBryant wrote: »
    There's only been two throwback events in the last year. There was one in July and one last month. I think the unique items you are seeing are mostly things people earned during weekend events. I know personally I have all the earnable weekend items and some of the weekend event gift box items. The throwback items are only things that you missed during weekend events.

You are likely right, but I feel like we are ALL burnt out with the current hair styles. They already have them made and if they were from the weekend events when they very first started them (a year or better ago) then most people don't have them and let's just move on, throw them in the wardrobe or do another throwback and call it a day. I missed the last throwback due to health issues and that stinks if they are doing them 2x a year!! Ugh!!

Zoyechka wrote: »
    Yeah, I totally get bummed when I don't get giftbox items I'm dying for. I felt that way with the Halloween queen of hearts hair. I spent endless amounts of Kstars to just chase that hair but I had zero luck. I hope and pray that Glu just sells all those event items in our wardrobe for a premium price, if they want. No more gift box anything. We should decide what we want & then buy it.

Gosh, I agree so much!! I would much rather pay 120 K Stars for an item rather then trying to get it out of the box 3 plus times and still failing!! It doesn't seem fair! Glu knows we are gunna spend the money, just add it to the wardrobes!!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • SabinaCSabinaC Registered Users 200 Posts
    Well just keep playing and you'll get unique items, as for past events,it's a shame they bring them back so rarely, but look at it this way...it's something to look forward to. If you had everything you'd be bored and not appreciate it at all.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I share frustration over missed weekend event items, but it isn't really fair to say "It's unfair to only have 2 throwback events in the past year." They were only introduced 4 1/2 months ago. Saying They've only had 2 Throwback Sales since July is much more accurate. It hasn't been available for a year. I'm the first one to complain when something stinks, but we should be fair. THey were testing a number of features, and the Throwback Events were in direct response to all the posts about bring back the NY Eve hair, bring back the Red gown, bring back this, bring back that. So, they listen, and they respond with action. They'll be more Throwback events, and now that you're back Bobbie, I'm sure you'll get to participate in the next one before too long.

The trick is, if you go in, and the first box is oh, lets say the green giant plastic looking ring. Don't walk away. You should take another box, because chances are, if you're not happy the first time, you will be the 2nd. The first time they had the throwback, I did get that awful ring. I turned and backed out, and was not spending any more stars on them. 2nd time the sale was on, I took the first, got antlers, took a 2nd, got a great weekend event bracelet I missed. (It looks very much like my heart charm bracelet, so I was thrilled. Then one more, and again, happy results. A dress I missed. So, my only advice, if you get a bad box, try another one.

I'm so excited about Thanksgiving, then Black Friday here, and the event weekend. Now you have visions of throw back items dancing in my head as well. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    SabinaC wrote: »
    Well just keep playing and you'll get unique items, as for past events,it's a shame they bring them back so rarely, but look at it this way...it's something to look forward to. If you had everything you'd be bored and not appreciate it at all.

It's very easy to say it's a shame they bring them back rarely for some people. Others have to PLAN for events. When something is just POPPED UP there is a good chance I won't even be able to pick up a box or even try unless they are free like the weekend gigs. It was SO SO SO VERY speculated that there would be a Black Friday deal I planned accordingly with iTunes cards. I think offering or bringing back more shoe and hairstyles would be absolutely fine and would in absolutely NO WAY make the game boring!

I share frustration over missed weekend event items, but it isn't really fair to say "It's unfair to only have 2 throwback events in the past year." They were only introduced 4 1/2 months ago. Saying They've only had 2 Throwback Sales since July is much more accurate. It hasn't been available for a year. I'm the first one to complain when something stinks, but we should be fair. THey were testing a number of features, and the Throwback Events were in direct response to all the posts about bring back the NY Eve hair, bring back the Red gown, bring back this, bring back that. So, they listen, and they respond with action. They'll be more Throwback events, and now that you're back Bobbie, I'm sure you'll get to participate in the next one before too long.

The trick is, if you go in, and the first box is oh, lets say the green giant plastic looking ring. Don't walk away. You should take another box, because chances are, if you're not happy the first time, you will be the 2nd. The first time they had the throwback, I did get that awful ring. I turned and backed out, and was not spending any more stars on them. 2nd time the sale was on, I took the first, got antlers, took a 2nd, got a great weekend event bracelet I missed. (It looks very much like my heart charm bracelet, so I was thrilled. Then one more, and again, happy results. A dress I missed. So, my only advice, if you get a bad box, try another one.

I'm so excited about Thanksgiving, then Black Friday here, and the event weekend. Now you have visions of throw back items dancing in my head as well. :)

I really wish that was the case KoKo. The game doesn't give out anywhere NEAR enough K Stars. It's funny because the SAME hair in Stardom is 20 Premium Cash. They threw the Kardashian name on it and now it's 100+ K Stars. So it's a little uhhhh annoying (?). I try and try and most often I can do the weekend events but once I am back on my feet and feeling better I won't be in bed all day, all weekend.. There will be weekends I will miss and not be able to play. I do understand the fun behind playing for the items, but the weekend box events are ugh. In my opinion they shouldn't be able to put energy, Kash (not K Stars, the Kash) and recolored clothing in them. Everything in those should be unique. There is ZERO desire for me to buy them. I always get Kash, a poorly recolored item or 5-10 energy. I have no desire to get ANY of that out of a gift box, but that's all I ever get from the free one. Often times *IF* I can muster up another 40 K Stars and open another box, it's nothing unique. It's really the same things.. Kash, recolored item or a minor amount of energy. While I DO love the game there is no where NEAR enough opportunities to get K Stars and the real money spent on this game to get the "GOOD" items are harsh (and a little over the top expensive).
    I think I'll probably be optimistic, till the perfect hair is in the box, and I miss out a 2nd time. Thing with the Throwback Gift Boxes, they're 60, not 40 Stars. The best thing to do is to decide how much you'll spend in Throwback boxes. I like the number 3, because you can take 3 boxes in one palette of 8, before it shuts that palette down. It's a risk, but there is a large element of fun in that. It's not a sure thing. I only said try a 2nd box if the first is a dud, is because when I bail after my first bad choice...then I've definitely bombed. But, you have a better chance of one great prize, if you take more than one chance.

It's been pointed out, that you're hurting your chances if you play one box, then walk away. Then come back, again. Because when the group of 8 boxes pops up, your chances are better if you take a few off the same palette, instead of single boxes from a number of different palettes. And, there is no K$ prize in the gift boxes. Do we know for sure what the other boxes are, if they're not past event items?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I feel you BobbieM, this game is aimed to make you spend money on Kstars that's why they give out so little Kstars and put so many items in the game.
  • PsychoMichellePsychoMichelle Registered Users 38 Posts
    That's why I play on Facebook
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I don't think that it's worth it to me to spend 60 kstars to open up additional throwback giftboxes.

What Glu should do is add the missed clothing, hairstyles, & accessories inside of our closets. I would rather spend my kstars during a V.I.P. event and get 1-2 earn able items then be unhappy & unsatisfied with an item that I will receive for a throwback sale.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

I think I'll probably be optimistic, till the perfect hair is in the box, and I miss out a 2nd time. Thing with the Throwback Gift Boxes, they're 60, not 40 Stars. The best thing to do is to decide how much you'll spend in Throwback boxes. I like the number 3, because you can take 3 boxes in one palette of 8, before it shuts that palette down. It's a risk, but there is a large element of fun in that. It's not a sure thing. I only said try a 2nd box if the first is a dud, is because when I bail after my first bad choice...then I've definitely bombed. But, you have a better chance of one great prize, if you take more than one chance.

It's been pointed out, that you're hurting your chances if you play one box, then walk away. Then come back, again. Because when the group of 8 boxes pops up, your chances are better if you take a few off the same palette, instead of single boxes from a number of different palettes. And, there is no K$ prize in the gift boxes. Do we know for sure what the other boxes are, if they're not past event items?

I completely understand! I wish the hidden boxes didn't exist at all. I'd rather know what I am getting ahead of time so I save money for things I will actually use. It's also a thing with these being last minute. I cannot get an iTunes card last minute when I live in a budget. So that is upsetting and makes things harder!!

I feel you BobbieM, this game is aimed to make you spend money on Kstars that's why they give out so little Kstars and put so many items in the game.

Yes!
    That's why I play on Facebook

How is the game different on Facebook?
    I don't think that it's worth it to me to spend 60 kstars to open up additional throwback giftboxes.

What Glu should do is add the missed clothing, hairstyles, & accessories inside of our closets. I would rather spend my kstars during a V.I.P. event and get 1-2 earn able items then be unhappy & unsatisfied with an item that I will receive for a throwback sale.

I truly agree. It would be far nicer to just have the option to buy what I wanted and truthfully even things I didn't want I would buy because I would want a complete wardrobe. But that's just my feelings.
    And what I don't understand is if it's a so-called throwback sale, why does the throwback giftboxes cost more than the weekend event giftboxes? I don't understand that part at all. I thought that a sale means a discount from the original price.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

And what I don't understand is if it's a so-called throwback sale, why does the throwback giftboxes cost more than the weekend event giftboxes? I don't understand that part at all. I thought that a sale means a discount from the original price.

Ha-ha!! Yup!! One would think. And that would be logical, but I think Glu has lost their way some when diving in with the kardashians (vs Stardom which started out this basically SAME game but with no fancy name and cheaper, yet the same, items).
    BobbieM wrote: »
    Ha-ha!! Yup!! One would think. And that would be logical, but I think Glu has lost their way some when diving in with the kardashians (vs Stardom which started out this basically SAME game but with no fancy name and cheaper, yet the same, items).

Since it cost 40 kstars to open up additional weekend event giftboxes, the throwback giftboxes for the throwback sale should cost at least 20 kstars to open up additional throwback giftboxes, not 60 kstars. What a rip-off ugh!
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• PsychoMichellePsychoMichelle Registered Users 38 Posts
    The game is exactly the same but security is non existent.
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    One reason <justification?> for the Throwback boxes being more expensive is that people often bought those items as gift boxes, which cost 40 Kstars <or honestly, MUCH MUCH more than that because of bad gift box juju>, or won them by grinding like crazy in the past. If items were being offered at discounted prices later on, why would people really bother to buy gift boxes or play the events intently? Also, players that already put effort and money into attaining those items the first time they were offered might be a little peeved at their previously-wasted resources.

But that's just one way of looking at it. I'd certainly prefer cheaper stuff in the game, too.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

LuzVarias wrote: »
    One reason <justification?> for the Throwback boxes being more expensive is that people often bought those items as gift boxes, which cost 40 Kstars <or honestly, MUCH MUCH more than that because of bad gift box juju>, or won them by grinding like crazy in the past. If items were being offered at discounted prices later on, why would people really bother to buy gift boxes or play the events intently? Also, players that already put effort and money into attaining those items the first time they were offered might be a little peeved at their previously-wasted resources.

But that's just one way of looking at it. I'd certainly prefer cheaper stuff in the game, too.

I think that some players don't think that the price of the throwback giftboxes is unfair. It rarely comes too often on KKH. I think that the discounted prices would be more affordable & reasonable for the throwback sale. To me, I think that it's a rip-off that the throwback giftboxes are overpriced than the weekend event giftboxes.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts

Well would you rather have it be 40 KStars and then have a chance at getting kcash & energy? I personally don't mind the price so I'm not going to complain about that but they should put nicer things in the boxes. No one wants to pay 60 kstars for a ring or St. Patty's Day hat.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
    Well would you rather have it be 40 KStars and then have a chance at getting kcash & energy? I personally don't mind the price so I'm not going to complain about that but they should put nicer things in the boxes. No one wants to pay 60 kstars for a ring or St. Patty's Day hat.

I think that's what's holding me back from spending my kstars for the next throwback sale and the weekend event giftboxes. I just don't wanna spend my kstars for several items that I will probably never use on my doll.

Glu should sell the missing earnable & giftbox items inside of our closets instead.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    If they were to really put the missing items in our closets, they would put it at a very expensive price that is justifiable to all the other players who drop loads of KStars to open 10 boxes to get that one item. Or even more. And, if they put it a rather affordable price, guess how those people feel. No one would be happy either way. I'd have to agree with Luz.

Also, if Glu should put them in our closets, is it necessary for events and gift boxes then? The game would be lifeless, they'll just keep adding items in our closets week after week. (Yay I get to save tons of money but I'd probably be so bored)

I think throwback boxes has to be more expensive than event gift boxes. A lot of games use this principle, you don't want to risk spending a ton now, you get it later at a higher price. If anything, I'd vote it to be 50 KStars instead.
    PM to add
    Naimonster wrote: »
    If they were to really put the missing items in our closets, they would put it at a very expensive price that is justifiable to all the other players who drop loads of KStars to open 10 boxes to get that one item. Or even more. And, if they put it a rather affordable price, guess how those people feel. No one would be happy either way. I'd have to agree with Luz.

Also, if Glu should put them in our closets, is it necessary for events and gift boxes then? The game would be lifeless, they'll just keep adding items in our closets week after week. (Yay I get to save tons of money but I'd probably be so bored)

I think throwback boxes has to be more expensive than event gift boxes. A lot of games use this principle, you don't want to risk spending a ton now, you get it later at a higher price. If anything, I'd vote it to be 50 KStars instead.

I honestly think this game is being just plain greedy for their customers money. That's why everything is usually expensive. I don't think that everything on KKH is affordable & reasonable.

My whole thing is what's the point of a throwback sale if Glu is overcharging their customers? To me, paying 60 kstars for throwback gift boxes is a huge rip-off to me. The throwback sale should be the price of 20% off the original price of the weekend event gift boxes. My statement was that I think that the throwback gift boxes are extremely overpriced just for the throwback sale that's rarely seen too often on KKH.

I agree with Bobbie. I haven't played this game from the very beginning since it's been released. I think that it's nearly impossible for me to get all of the special & unique items from the previous weekend events.

I don't think that all of the previous earn ables & gift box items are hardly there so that will make it 10× harder for players to get what they want. I would rather buy what I missed inside of the closet from the previous weekend events then to spend 60 kstars on unwanted items that I will never use for my doll.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

I honestly think this game is being just plain greedy for their customers money. That's why everything is usually expensive. I don't think that everything on KKH is affordable & reasonable.

My whole point is what's the point of a throwback sale if Glu is overcharging their customers? The throwback sale should be the price of 20% off the original price of the weekend event gift boxes. Like I have stated before, the throwback gift boxes are extremely overpriced just for the throwback sale that's rarely seen too often on KKH.

I don't think that all of the previous earn ables & special items from the weekend event gift boxes are hardly there so that will make it 10× harder for players to get what they want. I would rather buy what I missed from the previous weekend events then to spend 60 kstars on items that I don't want for my doll.

I know, and I've said it before that I personally feel that KKH is way too expensive than any other games I currently play. I'm not disagreeing with this fact, or defending Glu.

I think, often times we forget the other meaning of "sale".

Sale: the exchange of a commodity for money; the action of selling something.
    OR a period during which a shop sells goods at reduced prices.

So when Glu said #ThrowbackSale, pretty sure it doesn't mean the latter meaning of sale.

If they were to do that, do you think it is fair for the players who started playing way earlier than you, probably grinded so hard for the earnables. Or spent 400 KStars to get a hairstyle which is then later released to everyone's closet for say, 50 KStars. Let me put it in this way, the mermaid outfit your avatar is wearing is later released for 40 KStars in the closet. Or the beanie hair (I chased for xxxx KStars, yes 4-digits) is released for 50 KStars. What they should improve is the odds for gift boxes, remove those nasty Kash.

May I also ask, how much you are looking at to buy the items you missed?

Last thing I want to add, throwback boxes is a privilege given to us by Glu, to get past items we could only drool at and grumble "I should have played KKH from the start". I'm grateful for that, regardless of the price or plastic rings they put in there. Those, can be addressed another time.
    PM to add
    I know, and I've said it before that I personally feel that KKH is way too expensive than any other games I currently play. I'm not disagreeing with this fact, or defending Glu.

I think, often times we forget the other meaning of "sale".

Sale: the exchange of a commodity for money; the action of selling something.
    OR a period during which a shop sells goods at reduced prices.

So when Glu said #ThrowbackSale, pretty sure it doesn't mean the latter meaning of sale.

If they were to do that, do you think it is fair for the players who started playing way earlier than you, probably grinded so hard for the earnables. Or spent 400 KStars to get a hairstyle which is then later released to everyone's closet for say, 50 KStars. Let me put it in this way, the mermaid outfit your avatar is wearing is later released for 40 KStars in the closet. Or the beanie hair (I chased for xxxx KStars, yes 4-digits) is released for 50 KStars. What they should improve is the odds for gift boxes, remove those nasty Kash.

May I also ask, how much you are looking at to buy the items you missed?

Last thing I want to add, throwback boxes is a privilege given to us by Glu, to get past items we could only drool at and grumble "I should have played KKH from the start". I'm grateful for that, regardless of the price or plastic rings they put in there. Those, can be addressed another time.

I don't think I'm gonna spend my kstars on the throwback gift boxes because the price isn't worth it to me at all. Unless Glu start making some changes then I may change my mind to start participating for the throwback gift boxes.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

But in reality when you buy clothing at the beginning of season you pay more for it because you are paying for a privilege to have it first and wear it that whole season. At the end of season, when there's a sale, you pay less for it for a bunch of different reasons, but is it fair to the people who bought it first, no. I know I hate it when I see a shirt I bought before now 50% off, I always feel stupid, but that's the way it works.

If you want the privilege you pay more for it, the clothes that are re-released in the ThrowbackSale are so to speak last year and the only reason why most people want them is for sentimental reason or they really like one or 2 items.

The only reason why it's being released in the form of boxes is because they know people are going to spend more Kstars while maybe not getting what they wanted so they can wait for the next Throwback. If it was in the closet you'd just buy it and be over with it :D

Carol Davida, just look forward to the future like me, there are more clothes to come, there's some every week. The throwback item are passé anyway :D
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Well I wouldn't want the items to be available for purchase directly. It's unfair, not because of the price. I have been playing for over a year now and I enjoy having stuff that's exclusive, which I earned. Simply adding it back for purchase for a minimal price wouldn't make sense at all.

On the other hand, I have missed tons of clothing from gift boxes for the fear of getting cash or other items. So I love the throwback sale. And I'm willing to pay a greater price for it.

Players also complain there aren't enough clothes in the wardrobe to purchase, compared to last year. See that time, it was new. And remember we had events for only special occasions like holidays, Kim's birthday etc. And there weren't these special boxes all the time. It all started with Valentine's day this year where we can earn clothes every week.

I believe whatever they do, there's a reason behind it. Obviously which includes profit too. It's a free-to-play game, they'll make money from in-app purchases. And yeah, I used to play this worst game where I'd never get stuff from boxes unless I pay. At least KKH boxes aren't rigged!

There will be a sale sometime soon and we'll get stuff we've been wanting. And I hope you get well soon Bobbie! I'm sure tomorrow's event will live up to our expectations. :)
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    But in reality when you buy clothing at the beginning of season you pay more for it because you are paying for a privilege to have it first and wear it that whole season. At the end of season, when there's a sale, you pay less for it for a bunch of different reasons, but is it fair to the people who bought it first, no. I know I hate it when I see a shirt I bought before now 50% off, I always feel stupid, but that's the way it works.

If you want the privilege you pay more for it, the clothes that are re-released in the ThrowbackSale are so to speak last year and the only reason why most people want them is for sentimental reason or they really like one or 2 items.

The only reason why it's being released in the form of boxes is because they know people are going to spend more Kstars while maybe not getting what they wanted so they can wait for the next Throwback. If it was in the closet you'd just buy it and be over with it :D

Carol Davida, just look forward to the future like me, there are more clothes to come, there's some every week. The throwback item are passé anyway :D

In reality, do we have to gamble 40KStars per box and Kash in return like we do in KKH? No. You're comparing two different things. One is a fixed item for a fixed price, the other is a fixed item for xxx price. What you're describing sounds like Black Friday Sale (which is happening soon weeee!) to me, where something we once get for 60KStars in our closet is slashed to 30KStars.

Not everyone wants that privilege that you described, some people just really like that item and don't want to regret passing up on it. Because, Glu doesn't guarantee everything and anything will be in the Throwback boxes. You pass that up or miss it, you're one leg down begging Glu for the next throwback sale. Like how I am with those awesome fangs from last year's Halloween. 2 throwback boxes, no sign of it. Some things are just going to stay exclusive, period.

See, you agreed, if it was in the closet, we'd all just buy it. And then what? Ok wear them and maybe post them here. There'd be no need for weekend events and working hard for new clothes. In 2 weeks, we'd see everyone leaving.

No harsh feelings ladies, I also want everything in KKH to be cheaper. It's an expensive frustrating game to upkeep. It's your choice if you wish to spend 60KStars on passé items or not. I personally think 60KStars is reasonable. But I would totally vote for gift boxes to be 20 KStars, and throwback boxes to be 30KStars. Talk about that! See, my point is throwback boxes is justifiable to be more expensive than gift boxes.

I also want to make it clear, I am being neutral and objective here. I am in no way siding Glu or anything. Hey, I'm still supporting the "Remove Kash from gift boxes" thread you know.
    PM to add
  • kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    It's your choice if you wish to spend 60KStars on passé items or not. I personally think 60KStars is reasonable. But I would totally vote for gift boxes to be 20 KStars, and throwback boxes to be 30KStars. Talk about that! See, my point is throwback boxes is justifiable to be more expensive than gift boxes.
    I agree with you Nai. In my opinion its fair to pay 1.5x more for throwback boxes because you can only get past event items with no chance of getting Kash.

I know lots of players want event items for sale but that would take the fun out of playing all weekend for me and it would be unfair to those who spend lots of K Stars chasing weekend items and grinding like crazy. What I really like is that usually it doesn't matter how much money you spend on the weekends but how much time and effort you put in the game. To me its much more rewarding this way. :)
    I think that's what's holding me back from spending my kstars for the next throwback sale and the weekend event giftboxes. I just don't wanna spend my kstars for several items that I will probably never use on my doll.

Glu should sell the missing earnable & giftbox items inside of our closets instead.

For a lot of the items, ie: the NY Eve hair everyone wanted. I remember the holiday time, and I busted my butt, numbed my fingers grinding for it. So...add the time and trouble I spent as stars, and therefore, it is going to cost more. So, I can see that justification for 60 instead of 40. It makes the person who earned it feel better about it being available again. And, how exclusive is an item if anyone with stars can purchase it out of the wardrobe? There has to be an element of chance. or an element of work.

We did a poll of what items we'd like added to the closet, and while Glu didn't do that, shortly after our polls (Thank you Vats) we had our first throwback sale. And sale, not because it's cheaper (that's what Black Friday Sales are for ;) ) but because the special giftboxes are available for sale. I was surprised when I saw they were 60Stars, and yes, I soured after my candy ring. But when I turned it around and grabbed the charm bracelet, and some exclusive missed out shoes, I was happy. :)

I wish we had a clue about what the BF Sale and weekend was going to be all about. :) The excitement is building.

Hi Luz, you're in the vicinity aren't you? I can tell because it's simply a beautiful day here today.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I agree with you Nai. In my opinion its fair to pay 1.5x more for throwback boxes because you can only get past event items with no chance of getting Kash.

I know lots of players want event items for sale but that would take the fun out of playing all weekend for me and it would be unfair to those who spend lots of K Stars chasing weekend items and grinding like crazy. What I really like is that usually it doesn't matter how much money you spend on the weekends but how much time and effort you put in the game. To me its much more rewarding this way. :)

I wonder if the effort and time is what is gratifying about the game why do you still need to spend money in the end to not feel frustrated. I would love it if Glu could put some effort into making playing this game more playable and fun because at some point tapping away my weekend made me just feel frustrated because I spent valuable time exercising my finger and after it I felt like a zombie with a made-up piece of clothing. I am all up for challenges and working hard, but I'm also for making a wise choice what to invest your time in and for me this just wasn't it that's why I started drawing my own clothing because I missed the interaction with the game and in the end stopped playing so often.
    To be honest the funnest part of this game was discussing it with you guys here, that's probably why I even log into it from time to time :*
    Oh man Sabina, I totally agree with on your last sentence. This forum is what made the game much much MUCH more fun. Having to play with someone else apart from NPCs is awesome.
    PM to add