InGame Messaging disappeared

2Next

Comments

• theloraxthelorax Registered Users 78 Posts
    Thank you, Koko. I haven't bought any of the Lieber bags yet though I do like the look of many of them.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I have to go back and see if I did or not. lol. Wow, talk about OOBEs. I really zoned out and just spent yesterday. Sigh, naturally I had to gift card up today while I was out. Glu's giving us a suprise thing Tuesday and Wednesday.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I think most of us have a few moments like that throughout our lives.

Are you talking about the K-Star reward boxes, Koko?
    Yes the bonus items. I just kept tapping and tapping take another one take another one and another one and another one I was likes a cartoon of somebody going through a box after box after box up a crackerjack looking for the ring I feel better now I'm composed. Oh and I went back and looked...in all that spending, between boxes and purple sunnies....I never bought a bag. Lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Even though you didn't get a JL bag, I hope you still managed to get some nice things.

I don't know if it's the New Orleans update or not (which I managed to download without any issues :D) but my in-game dialogue with Glu where I submitted the screenshots of my husbands lack of speech bubbles just vanished. I resubmitted them and my issue under a new ticket. :(:eek:
    That was a good idea. And I'm glad you took this update successfully. THe bags are still there, I'm getting some. lol. I just thought in my buying frenzy I bought some. Shoes. omg, did I buy shoes. I bought a dress just to go with a pair of shoes I just bought, red shoes, strap shoes, edgy shoes. I bought hair like Luz, so we could be our own version of Salt and Pepper. lol. I bought toys for the hottub in Malibu. Yeah, I bought stuff. THen one game went crazy and just bought GBs. Phew. Enjoy the Throwback Sale.

And, you will some day come into the party thread. What do I have to do? Declare you the surprise host? hey, what are your two favorite colors? heh heh heh
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    New shoes are always a plus.

Maybe. :D I'd say my favourite colours are blue and green.
    I got a reply from Glu today thanking me for resubmitting my screenshots and telling me that the issue was being worked on. Hopefully, I'll have a workable solution soon.
    Yes! Score another one for thelorax! I'm sure it will be taken care of shortly. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Indeed! Now that my game seems to be able to download updates again and my issues with the in-game ticketing system seem to have cleared up, I'm feeling fairly optimistic. :D
    I wasn't quite sure where to post this since I'm still waiting on a response from Glu about my husbands lack of speech bubbles but something else is happening on my game and I'm feeling a little panicky.

I decided to purchase the gift pack available for the game right now because of Kim's birthday a short while ago (with the K-Stars and one of her outfits plus shoes and hair) and when I log into iTunes and view my Purchase History, I can see it on there but I have yet to receive any of the stuff in game. On the admittedly rare occasions that I have purchased things from the game before, I've gotten the items pretty instantly.

Had anyone else experienced this and do you think it's worth sending a ticket for at this stage?
    Yes. Send in a ticket, include a shot of your receipt or the receipt transaction number, and tell them you didn't get the clothes/hair items or the stars. Sorry this happened, but they're very good at fixing things like that.

Sorry I didn't see this before this.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I submitted a ticket and screenshot on the same day I posted that. I wasn't able to get the clothes, hair or shoes that I paid for but they threw in a lot of extra K-Stars to make up for it which was nice.

I've been told that the team is still researching why my husband isn't speaking to me and that they'll get back to me when they find out why. I'll update this thread as needed in regards to that.

I have to admit that I've been happier with Glu's customer service as of late.
    No advice from Glu on my husband's lack of speech bubbles as yet but I just wanted to report that I was able to download the new update with Karl Lagerfeld successfully in case anyone else out there has had problems downloading the updates for this game. It seems likely that it will resolve itself soon enough.
    I'm so glad they were responsive, with a side of generosity! that'll have your silent talking in no time. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I promised that I would update this thread as needed in regard to my husbands lack of speech and I'm sorry to say that I still don't have any ideas as to why that's happening. I haven't received any emails or in-game responses from Glu even though I was told in my original ticket for this issue that they were researching the issue.

It's been six weeks since I sent that ticket. I was wondering if anyone else on this forum has had to wait that long for assistance before. I'm also wondering if anyone thinks that it's worth submitting a new ticket?
    You have been very patient, I would contact them again, tell them you've been waiting for their review of your situation, and would like to know how it's going? I think 6 weeks is long enough. That's 6 weekend events you haven't popped into the event thread. sniff sniff. Just teasing, hope your Thanksgiving was good, I'm still in the midst of my Thanksgiving thang. Happy Thanksgiving. :) And, good luck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I'm always humbled to see how quickly people on this forum reply with helpful advice or opinions. :) I decided to submit another ticket today. We'll see where that gets me. Thanks for your reply, Koko.

Also, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on this forum. :D
    I got a reply from Glu today which was really great. They thanked me for my patience and for contacting them and stated how perplexing they found this issue.

They explained the nature of your spouses speech bubbles in more detail, stating that you likely won't see any pink ones after you're married unless it's a special event like going on a date, leveling up in your relationship or deciding to have a baby. Apparently, your spouse will have regular white speech bubbles (as would any other character) when you first encounter them in your homes after your married but that they only happen occasionally.

I appreciate the thorough explanation but has that been the case with anyone elses games? I went through some drama a while ago where the game absolutely refused to load and let me play so I was forced to delete and reinstall a couple of times. On my original game that I was playing before all that happened, my spouse had a pink speech bubble every single time I met him in one of our properties. On all of the games I've played since that drama, my spouse has had no speech bubbles (pink or white) in any home that I buy. Only when we go on dates or level up in our relationship (we're not at the baby stage yet).

They also told me that they referred my issue to the development team and never got a solution from them. They also told me that they had requested a save file from my device and didn't find any bugs or corruption in it but the most likely explanation was that a local device save file has become corrupted and that's not something that they can work with or fix. They suggested that I could either keep playing the game as is or start afresh with a new save file and they would restore my purchases for me.

I think I'll carry on playing as is. It's not a huge deal - just mildly irritating.
    My iOS game got married a year ago, as soon as it was an option. I then found out, the Doll I married, married my iOS doll at the same time. I get the pink bubble from my hubby in our homes, on dates, and he always says something lovely. We're soul mates etc. When I run into him randomly, I get the basic greeting for everyone (I think, I'll try to check but it may take a time till I see them in a club)

My 2 Androids are married in each game. It's not the first marriage for either one, (no idea if that has anything to do with it) but they never say anything but the public greeting for everyone.

So, it's possible that the iOS is sweet because we're mutually married in the game, but who knows. And why don't the Androids say sweet things? Hey, TheLorax, why not start a thread in General Discussion, "Married? What does your spouse say?" Express what's happening, and ask others what their situation is. It would be good to post Platform, and if it's Player Controlled or NPC Spouse, and if they know if it's a mutual thing.

This would a) get you involved in the General Discussion, b) we could see if there is a pattern of who talks and who doesn't. I'd be interested to see also. If we saw only iOS games had it, well......that's something. I would honestly do it, but I have to get dressed for the brain surgeon. (ok, they also do backs. lol).

And finally, you are such a nice person to talk to, I figure if we get you over in the fun area, it will be more fun for all of us. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Alright, you win. :D I'll go start that thread in the general discussion forum.

Good luck with your appointment(s) / surgery, koko.