8 hour gigs..

BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
I haven't done the comeback yet because everyone said there is a lot of 8 hour gigs, but since the weekend event, everything has been 8 or 8+ hours and it's really making the game drag.

Anyone else getting this? I was hoping to skip through the last 3-4 levels and unlock them for the clothing/items before I do my comeback.
Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
• Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
• Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
• iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!

Comments

• BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Anyone have this problem?
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Well, I find that most of my gigs are eight-hours, with the very rare three-hour gig thrown in. So I can definitely sympathize... There isn't a return to the shorter gigs once you get further along in the game, I don't think. Maybe someone else will have more concrete info than my feeling that, yeah, there are mostly long gigs these days!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Well, I find that most of my gigs are eight-hours, with the very rare three-hour gig thrown in. So I can definitely sympathize... There isn't a return to the shorter gigs once you get further along in the game, I don't think. Maybe someone else will have more concrete info than my feeling that, yeah, there are mostly long gigs these days!

Ack! If that's the case then I might as well go ahead and star my comeback. I waited because I really wanted to get up into the latter 30's where it unlocks more clothing. I still have some locked. But if I can do that on my comeback (still with 8 he gigs) then why wait. I wonder what glu's strategy is for making us have longer gigs later in the game. Better get cozy on the forum! Looks like I'm going to have lots of time here!!
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    It's very rare to get 3 hr storyline gigs nowadays unless Simon calls & offers 3 and/or 8 side gigs to you when there's no available gig to do at the moment.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    The comeback has a lot of 8 hour gigs plus none of them are high profile, high end. I used to always get high profile cover & modeling gigs from Femme in Paris but they all stopped since my comeback. Now all I get are local, and at most, national gigs usually just in the L.A. area.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    The comeback has a lot of 8 hour gigs plus none of them are high profile, high end. I used to always get high profile cover & modeling gigs from Femme in Paris but they all stopped since my comeback. Now all I get are local, and at most, national gigs usually just in the L.A. area.

I'm on my second comeback right now but climbing all the way to the top is definitely a challenge since Glu is always updating the max number of fans on each new update. I mean especially when your KKH friends did all three comebacks....😐
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Side gigs of 3 hours I have no problem getting. As soon as I finish a gig, I leave. Simon Immmediately calls. If I see a 3 hour I want, I say ok, and then I wait for my energy to refill (I just finished a gig) and go do my 3 hour. If he calls with only 8 hour gigs, I tell him to call back. I don't have energy to start one anyway. He calls in an hour....same thing. But by the time my energy is up enough, he's usually come through with a 3 hour for me. While I'm waiting for energy, I can't tell him I'm not interested in anything. See if that helps.

But the storyline gigs, they all do seem to be 8 hour. As long as their is a costar, it's not so bad. I'm on my 3rd comeback, but I would keep taking them. 4, 5, 6. If it's offered, I will take it.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary