Married? What does your spouse say?

theloraxthelorax Registered Users 78 Posts
Hi all.

I'm a long-term player of Kim Kardashian: Hollywood but a relatively new member of these forums. I've experienced a fair bit of drama with my game recently which led me to post mostly in the FAQ / Support section since it's such a good source of advice and comfort when your game isn't working. :D

I'm currently experiencing a minor issue on my game which I've been discussing in the FAQ / Support forum and another member suggested that I make a thread about it in this forum to see if there's any pattern or shared experiences in what I'm dealing with at the moment.

I play on a fifth generation iTouch that is fully updated and in good working order. I recently had to delete and reinstall this game a couple of times due to some sort of bug that refused to let me download any updates or access / play the game at all.

On my original game that I was playing before all this happened, both of my husbands (former and current) always had something nice to say whenever I entered into one of our properties and their declarations of love and devotion were always displayed in a pink speech bubble. These were in addition to the pink speech bubbles that they would have whenever we moved up a level in our relationship, went on a date, got married or had a baby.

For some reason, on all of the games that I've played since then, my husband(s) haven't had any speech bubbles (pink, white or otherwise) whenever I've been inside our properties. Only when we've gone on a date, gotten married or moved up a level in our relationship. I haven't been able to play any of these games long enough to get to the baby stage due to the aforementioned bug.

The bug seems to have resolved itself or is at least lying dormant since I've been able to successfully download the last few updates and play the game without any incidents for a while now. However, it does irritate me a bit that my husband doesn't have anything to say to me when I come home, so to speak. :(

I submitted a ticket to Glu about this issue on the 14th of October and was told that the issue was being researched. A couple of days ago, I decided to send another ticket just to see what was happening and was told that the issue had been referred to their development team who never came back to them with a solution.

Included in their reply to my most recent ticket was a thorough explanation of the spouse speech bubble system and they stated that its normal to have pink speech bubbles when a special event occurs (ie, level up, proposal, marriage, baby, date).

However, they also said that after getting married and having your spouse automatically move into your properties, it was normal for them to only have white speech bubbles (the same as any other character) and to only have them occasionally but that hasn't been my experience on this game at all.

So, feel free to post about anything to do with your partners speech bubbles (or lack thereof) in this thread. It would probably be helpful to other members if you included the platform you play on, whether your spouse is an NPC or player controlled and whether they know its a mutual thing or not.

I'll start. :D

As I said before, I play on an iTouch and all of my spouses and all of my games (current and previous) have been NPC. I was engaged once before on my current game but this is the first time that I've been married on it. I doubt that that would effect the speech bubbles so drastically especially considering that on my original game where I had been married twice, both of my husbands had the same speech bubbles in our properties.

Comments

• VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Hi Lorax!

Bort is a NPC, he has a pink bubble with a smile face and say really sweet things all the time! There are plenty of messages he can say everyday I just have to come in and out of my houses!

I'm at the max relationship level and I don't have a second child, so every 12 hours he ask me if I want another child!

The bubble indicates how is the level of satisfaction of our spouses...so this is a glitch for sure, cause I can see when I have to go on a date, just to looking at the bubble.

There are 3 smiles types. A happy one that you know, showing he is happy. One that show it's time for a date cause he looks I don't know apathetic, maybe?! And a sad one when he is about to break up.

The messages also change according with his state of mind.

I hope this helps you, and don't accept that answer as a true fact!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    In the past I restarted several times and I ALWAYS lost my pink bubbles when I got fired from that first movie. As in during the dating stages. And this was with several versions of the game over about 6 months. So for awhile I never even had a husband who would say nice things once married. Since that quest has no real effect on your game in terms of not being able to progress
    I just never got fired and finally have a talkative spouse. I've been tempted to go ahead and do that quest to see if it would no longer affect the bubbles but I don't want to risk it.
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    In the past I restarted several times and I ALWAYS lost my pink bubbles when I got fired from that first movie. As in during the dating stages. And this was with several versions of the game over about 6 months. So for awhile I never even had a husband who would say nice things once married. Since that quest has no real effect on your game in terms of not being able to progress
    I just never got fired and finally have a talkative spouse. I've been tempted to go ahead and do that quest to see if it would no longer affect the bubbles but I don't want to risk it.

OMG so this is it !!! My wife to be had a speech bubble for that particular task. She said I look good to eat, I guess lol! But then nothing. Gosh, wish I knew it like 7 months ago when my game was reset. :(
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Wait, what task are you talking about, and getting fired from a movie. Refresh my memory?

Can you imagine if 5 minutes here in the forum gets the answer?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Wait, what task are you talking about, and getting fired from a movie. Refresh my memory?

Can you imagine if 5 minutes here in the forum gets the answer?

Very early on you get a role in a movie....Disaster Confessions I think. Simon sends you on a date in Las Vegas where CDP and Crystal(who are the stars if the movie) steal your table and then they tweet bad things about you as does Willow. Victor calls you to meet him at the studio in Hollywood and you get fired.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Very early on you get a role in a movie....Disaster Confessions I think. Simon sends you on a date in Las Vegas where CDP and Crystal(who are the stars if the movie) steal your table and then they tweet bad things about you as does Willow. Victor calls you to meet him at the studio in Hollywood and you get fired.

I never got that storyline gig before. I'm wondering if it's because my doll divorced her first former husband.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

I never got that storyline gig before. I'm wondering if it's because my doll divorced her first former husband.

It happens very early. Before you even meet Cassio if have the option to marry
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    You have two choices when they go for the table, one is to fight them, and the other is to turn the other cheek. I think I took the path of least resistance and gave them the table, but I don't recall being fired. OUt of my 3 games, my real player Spouse in my iOS game Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooves AppleP. I've never seen anything but the smiling talk icon from him.

My Androids? not their first marriages, but None of the 7marriages between them have ever garnered anything other than the greeting for everyone.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    You have two choices when they go for the table, one is to fight them, and the other is to turn the other cheek. I think I took the path of least resistance and gave them the table, but I don't recall being fired. OUt of my 3 games, my real player Spouse in my iOS game Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooves AppleP. I've never seen anything but the smiling talk icon from him.

My Androids? not their first marriages, but None of the 7marriages between them have ever garnered anything other than the greeting for everyone.

During my chronic restart phase I tried both options. They bashed me no matter what and I got called to the studio to be fired. IIRC onc you are fired you and whoever you are dating are sent to Lif where you are noticed for some sort of watch line and you get a job modelling those.
  • infiniteainfinitea Registered Users 14 Posts
    My spouse doesn't talk at all! The only time he ever has a pink speech mark is when I max out the relationship bar. Other than that, it's a silent marriage... Sigh.
  • deirdredeirdre Registered Users 29 Posts
    My first spouse would always have a pink bubble with an emotion like Vats described, but my new one never shows those. I can't remember if the bubbles changed with the first spouse after I did that gig, but it sounds like Catherine has tested it a bunch and I'm inclined to believe her lol.
    GC: deirdre98
  • theloraxthelorax Registered Users 78 Posts
    Vats - Hi! I remember experiencing those different kinds of speech bubbles on my original game too. I also got the "let's have a baby" bubble regularly since we were at the maximum relationship level. It's partly why I find the lack of speech bubbles irritating. Now, I can't afford to put dates off for a little while so I can work on other projects because I have no way of judging his mood. Despite all of the annoyances relating to the celebrity-spouse relationships in this game, I generally like being married and don't really want to start all over again.

As for the glitch that seems to be related to the movie gig after Chad and Crystal are first introduced, I'm very surprised by it. Has anybody written in to Glu to ask what might have happened there?

infinitea - did your spouse have bubbles to begin with or did they randomly vanish?
    thelorax wrote: »
    Vats - Hi! I remember experiencing those different kinds of speech bubbles on my original game too. I also got the "let's have a baby" bubble regularly since we were at the maximum relationship level. It's partly why I find the lack of speech bubbles irritating. Now, I can't afford to put dates off for a little while so I can work on other projects because I have no way of judging his mood. Despite all of the annoyances relating to the celebrity-spouse relationships in this game, I generally like being married and don't really want to start all over again.

As for the glitch that seems to be related to the movie gig after Chad and Crystal are first introduced, I'm very surprised by it. Has anybody written in to Glu to ask what might have happened there?

infinitea - did your spouse have bubbles to begin with or did they randomly vanish?

He never had any bubbles to begin with - unless the relationship bar was maxed out, at which point he'd say something like, "You're my soulmate" or "I love you", but that was it. :(
    It doesn't just effect the spouse. Anyone you flirt with or date early on will have pink bubbles. You may not notice if you didn't have a lot of E/D list NPC to flirt with. Those would be affected too in my game. I never reported it to Glu. I figured it was some rare glitch and I never really noticed anyone else complaining until now. It is interesting that Charl plays the android game and it looks like he has the same glitch too. Perhaps it's more widespread than I thought.
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    I've been married twice - once with Dirk (NPC) and once with Fred (GC player) but I've never, never, ever seen that pink speech bubble.
    Fred's bubble before dissapearing was the bubble all our GC friends have - with custom msg and options to say 'hi' and gift.
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
    My doll been married twice to her former and current husband and I always saw the pink speech bubbles on my game.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    infinitea wrote: »
    He never had any bubbles to begin with - unless the relationship bar was maxed out, at which point he'd say something like, "You're my soulmate" or "I love you", but that was it. :(

Me too - my husbands have only ever talked to me to initiate the dates or at a relationship max in some way. The fact that they're apparently supposed to speak everytime I enter any of our places in major news to me.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • mrsarchuleta89mrsarchuleta89 Registered Users 81 Posts
    I've never had any pink speech bubbles ever. I've seen screenshots of people at their homes and their spouse has that pink bubble with a smiley face, I always thought it was edited in until I saw someone else ask about it and they said it was a part of the game. I use an andriod, only one game on my galaxy note 3.
    infinitea - Wow. Maybe we're dealing with the same issue. Do you play on an Apple / iOS device by any chance?

I know it's an irritating thing to deal with but I am a bit relieved to see that I'm not the only one dealing with this issue. It's been great to see how many people have replied.
    thelorax wrote: »
    infinitea - Wow. Maybe we're dealing with the same issue. Do you play on an Apple / iOS device by any chance?

I know it's an irritating thing to deal with but I am a bit relieved to see that I'm not the only one dealing with this issue. It's been great to see how many people have replied.

I play on an iPhone 5S. It's so disappointing to know that we're missing out... I know it's a minor thing, but it's a little annoying. 😕
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    I'm married to my other GC self lol, he has a pink speech bubble and always says lovely things.

On his game he's married to a NPC, and she's the silent type I guess, never says a word until they hit a milestone!
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    infinitea wrote: »
    I play on an iPhone 5S. It's so disappointing to know that we're missing out... I know it's a minor thing, but it's a little annoying. ��

Sure is. I find it interesting that both iOS and Android users are experiencing this. Has anyone else ever written to Glu to ask about it? I'm curious as to whether they would have been given the same explanation as I was.
    And the people you were dating prior should speak too (if NPC at least). If you just add them as a romantic contact then they will something like "Hey when are you going to ask me out?Ill make it worth your while." Then if you go on a date once they will say something like"You look good enough to eat". Once married they get super cheesy. Mine just informed me that we are the greatest couple in the history of the world. I majorly cringe when he says how much he loves waking up with my name on his lips.
    And the people you were dating prior should speak too (if NPC at least). If you just add them as a romantic contact then they will something like "Hey when are you going to ask me out?Ill make it worth your while." Then if you go on a date once they will say something like"You look good enough to eat". Once married they get super cheesy. Mine just informed me that we are the greatest couple in the history of the world. I majorly cringe when he says how much he loves waking up with my name on his lips.

Omg that's so true Catherine. I remembered before when there wasn't even an option to delete NPCS from our contact list, I accidentally got their number when my doll was married to her first ex husband. The NPCs guys had a whatever smiley face and asked when my doll was gonna call them for a date. My doll never had a serious relationship with them. She called them on a date & broke up with them and they couldn't say a word to her lol
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    That date I went on with a random NPC the other night...just so I could send pix of my doll seated, for the Christmas card here...

Well he phoned my doll tonight. He was snarling and pouty. He wanted me to take him out or he would break up.

BYEEEEE.

I think it was 16 stars not to break up with him! (Cough) Yeah that works every time...cling, and then threaten if money isn't spent on a date Lol.
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    That date I went on with a random NPC the other night...just so I could send pix of my doll seated, for the Christmas card here...

Well he phoned my doll tonight. He was snarling and pouty. He wanted me to take him out or he would break up.

BYEEEEE.

I think it was 16 stars not to break up with him! (Cough) Yeah that works every time...cling, and then threaten if money isn't spent on a date Lol.

Lol that's so funny

I don't think that your doll and the NPC clicked on the first date lol

That NPC clearly didn't get the memo. He thought that the relationship was turning serious but that wasn't even the case haha
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG