Will they remove some of the "specialty" clothing?

BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
I'm wondering if I can take my time buying the Balmain clothing or if they will remove it. Did they remove any of the Karl clothing or the Judith purses?

My guess is they will add SOMETHING for the holiday clothing (they did for babies but not the dolls). I don't want to miss out on items I really really want.. Do they typically remove this stuff in time? Or it stays?

Any ideas?
Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
• Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
• Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
• iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!

Comments

• xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Well we haven't really had any special designer collab clothing before Judith Leiber and Karl Lagerfeld but they've stayed in the wardrobe with each new update so I guess the Balmain will be around for a while.. can't be certain but I guess if it was limited edition Glu would be making a big deal out of the time left to buy to make profit :)

Which is your favourite Balmain item?
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    BobbieM wrote: »
    I'm wondering if I can take my time buying the Balmain clothing or if they will remove it. Did they remove any of the Karl clothing or the Judith purses?

My guess is they will add SOMETHING for the holiday clothing (they did for babies but not the dolls). I don't want to miss out on items I really really want.. Do they typically remove this stuff in time? Or it stays?

Any ideas?

I thought so at first too and the "29 days" counter could be misleading! Not saying they meant it that way, but it's confusing to a lot of us.

A lot of us thought the Leiber bags would vanish and so we rushed in to scoop up a few...and then they stayed! And were even part of the Black Friday sale.

Same thing with the Lagerfeld stuff.

So I think the Balmain stuff will stay. And it all should stay. Be a pity for them to miss out making more $$ from future KKH fans!

Just understood your last paragraph more - the holiday stuff will go. The name brand stuff will stay...The holiday and event things always go once that event is ended. But it could be back in a Throwback sale. That's how I got some of the things I have now.
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    I thought so at first too and the "29 days" counter could be misleading! Not saying they meant it that way, but it's confusing to a lot of us.

A lot of us thought the Leiber bags would vanish and so we rushed in to scoop up a few...and then they stayed! And were even part of the Black Friday sale.

So I think the Balmain stuff will stay. And it all should stay. Be a pity for them to miss out making more $$ from future KKH fans!

Just understood your last paragraph more - the holiday stuff will go. The name brand stuff will stay...The holiday and event things always go once that event is ended. But it could be back in a Throwback sale. That's how I got some of the things I have now.
    Except for the holiday baby stuff, I think. I noticed the baby items from Halloween are still there. But I certainly hope the Balmain stuff doesn't go. I love the clothes & I really wanna collect them all.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    Well we haven't really had any special designer collab clothing before Judith Leiber and Karl Lagerfeld but they've stayed in the wardrobe with each new update so I guess the Balmain will be around for a while.. can't be certain but I guess if it was limited edition Glu would be making a big deal out of the time left to buy to make profit :)

Which is your favourite Balmain item?

Honestly, I love almost ALL of it. It's so colorful and I'm so sick of black so I am really loving all the colors and the styles!
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    Except for the holiday baby stuff, I think. I noticed the baby items from Halloween are still there. But I certainly hope the Balmain stuff doesn't go. I love the clothes & I really wanna collect them all.

I want to collect the Balmain stuff too. I wish they would do a "buy the whole collection" and it's a bit cheaper then buying all the stars for the items. I also think that even though this *IS* designer stuff some of it should be Kash rather the K Stars because not everyone has that chance.
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Honestly, I love almost ALL of it. It's so colorful and I'm so sick of black so I am really loving all the colors and the styles!

I want to collect the Balmain stuff too. I wish they would do a "buy the whole collection" and it's a bit cheaper then buying all the stars for the items. I also think that even though this *IS* designer stuff some of it should be Kash rather the K Stars because not everyone has that chance.
    I totally agree. I wish they would do the buy the whole collection thing at a flat rate that costs 20% less or something than buying it piece by piece. But it's a business for them and if they can squeeze more revenue out of every high end designer virtual dress they offer then that's more money lining Glu's pockets.

Its just sad that that they don't offer any customer loyalty incentives. We've already proven time & time again that the demographic for this particular game is adult women. They don't need to pander to fly by night, get rich quick schemes. They've already found their niche. They should never resort to covertly rip us off. It's beneath them, and insulting to us as their loyal customers.
    GC: Zoë Strange
    Its just sad that that they don't offer any customer loyalty incentives.

I was just thinking about this today. I think or wish that the premium items meant that we would get more points in gigs, not only during events with winnable premium items - but every gig, with any premium item!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    QUOTE=PolkaDot;418567]I thought so at first too and the "29 days" counter could be misleading! Not saying they meant it that way, but it's confusing to a lot of us.

Just understood your last paragraph more - the holiday stuff will go. The name brand stuff will stay...The holiday and event things always go once that event is ended. But it could be back in a Throwback sale. That's how I got some of the things I have now.[/QUOTE]

I believe after 29 days, the Balmain store might disappear. Something closed with Lieber after the countdown was done, but the bags stayed. Right?

Eta: About the Customer Loyalty, mmmm. that would be nice.

And I feel things getting better in the game. We had a update that had more K$ things to buy, and more Star items. We've had updates with very little clothing. But the icing on the cake....we can gift things. I think it's wonderful that came back. ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I believe after 29 days, the Balmain store might disappear. Something closed with Lieber after the countdown was done, but the bags stayed. Right?

Just the in game store closed, which was a link to the Leiber website or Instagram or something. But all the merchandise stayed available for us to buy.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I totally agree. I wish they would do the buy the whole collection thing at a flat rate that costs 20% less or something than buying it piece by piece. But it's a business for them and if they can squeeze more revenue out of every high end designer virtual dress they offer then that's more money lining Glu's pockets.

Its just sad that that they don't offer any customer loyalty incentives. We've already proven time & time again that the demographic for this particular game is adult women. They don't need to pander to fly by night, get rich quick schemes. They've already found their niche. They should never resort to covertly rip us off. It's beneath them, and insulting to us as their loyal customers.

Yaaaaaaaaaas I would buy the whole collection for a huge discount. Has this not crossed their mind.

I'm still waiting for the VIP subscription to get the jumpsuit.
    PM to add
    I was just thinking about this today. I think or wish that the premium items meant that we would get more points in gigs, not only during events with winnable premium items - but every gig, with any premium item!

YES!!

Not only that but some people flat out cannot play with K Stars. They are too young, no debit/credit card, no job for the money to spend, etc. I'm disabled so I live on a fixed income. I can't always get everything I want in the game. The gifting has gotten awful. You cannot gift things of any value and they never update that. They also have us what 2-3 things with this update that were Kash. The rest are K Stars. It's hard when Android has the VIP thing, but that's not offered on iOS or FB platforms. Unfair.

Im just bummed that the make us pay SO much for things. I mean they make a HUGE profit, regardless, they could cut us some slack. Make it easier to get some K Stars. Just noticed now that none of my holiday tapables are working. Did for a day and that's it. Halloween did the same thing too. Ugh! Finally got my {lame/recolored} daily gift boxes back today though. They fix one thing and break another. Sigh.
    The gifting has gotten awful. You cannot gift things of any value and they never update that.

Yes - Glu, please, STOP punishing the VAST majority of your players, who do NOT cheat in the game or use any type of hacks, but who have poured their money (spending and sometimes food money) into this game! Please stop punishing us for what a few do. It is not fair to us.

I would have loved to send gifts of the Balmain items to a few people, but could not. I did appreciate that we could gift things 50 percent off during the sale...that was nice of you. Now please find some way to include the premium designer things...

I can't stress enough how distressing it is - there will always be some who find loopholes to anything. Why alienate your loyal fans?

And Bobbie is right too about the K stars thing. There should be some things that people who cannot use a CC can play with.
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Yaaaaaaaaaas I would buy the whole collection for a huge discount. Has this not crossed their mind.

Yes, you and Bobbie raised a great point. Why do we all not have the VIP membership available? We are a tight community, right? We don't like when there is unevenness.
    Naimonster wrote: »

Me too! I want a VIP subscription. I could on my Android but I rarely play that character.
    Yes - Glu, please, STOP punishing the VAST majority of your players, who do NOT cheat in the game or use any type of hacks, but who have poured their money (spending and sometimes food money) into this game! Please stop punishing us for what a few do. It is not fair to us.

I would have loved to send gifts of the Balmain items to a few people, but could not. I did appreciate that we could gift things 50 percent off during the sale...that was nice of you. Now please find some way to include the premium designer things...

I can't stress enough how distressing it is - there will always be some who find loopholes to anything. Why alienate your loyal fans?

And Bobbie is right too about the K stars thing. There should be some things that people who cannot use a CC can play with.

I'm truly glad I'm not the only one who feels like this. I don't cheat or hack or any of that. Truth be told I probably couldn't figure out how to do it. Sometimes I have extra K Stars and would LOVE to help out someone who's less fortunate. I have a pretty good stash of Kash from gigs and nothing to spend it on. So I could do that too. Sometimes it's not the gift but the thought. Most people have every single gift. So you can't give them anything. Glu these are really minor changes that could be made and small things would be appreciated as much as big updates. And again, ALL the clothing cannot be K Stars. Not everyone has the resource and since we can't give them, people lose out! It's sad. Please fix it!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    So, the consensus is that the Balmain is like the slowly emerging cleavage in our clothes as far as being a breath of fresh air. Before the LoveStory of Kimye, Kim dressed in such vibrant colorful clothes. Perhaps it was that flair that drew Kanye to her in the first place? So.....give us Kanye, or give us Kolors! Not just the high end stuff. Kolors for Everyone!

#MoreKolors4KlothesinKKH
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Bobbie: Thank you! I love your posts they are always so positive and it is also clear you love this game and the community :)

Yes I agree many of us love to gift and we do NOT 'cheat' at the game either...so...our voices should be heard in my not so humble opinion :p

I have made the suggestion to Glu more than once in the suggestion thread, that they put things in our game which can ONLY be gotten as a GIFT...That would mean there would be more chance anyone would have gifts available to be gifted to them. Because they could not gift it to themselves - unless they had two games.

I think the only reason it hasn't been done is that would mean that some who do cheat, could get around it by doing that...but I still say they are the MINORITY of players, and it's time to thank the players who keep this game going! And not punish them with the others.

At the holidays is the perfect time to put things in our game, maybe even in gift boxes, with different color bows on them (for price points or for any category) which can ONLY be given as gifts! What do you say, Glu??

(** Bobbie's idea of making things available in Kash more often, would also get around this 'hack' problem...winky wink! Put these gift box gifts in Kash maybe - at least some of them? Maybe the best ones this time? **) (Even Kash means we're still playing and playing is usually paying eventually. Know what I mean??)

Kokoriffic, our fearless forum leader, Happy Holidays to you too and thank you for supporting us all. Yes, let's bring COLORS to life - you said it perfectly. (Orange! Gold! Green! I felt like jumping for joy.)

Breath of fresh air and just after so many of us clamored for more COLOR in our wardrobe. (I'm sure this was in the works for a while but still, kismet, synchronicity, perfect timing.)

It's like our wardrobe has been in mourning - black and black and more black. So yayyy for the rainbow of color :D And the funky 70s influence too.
    Polka, I REALLY hope that they make SOME changes in the coming months and in the new year! Maybe we will get some of the changes that us TRUE and hard paying money folks will get a few of our ideas, etc.