Best date location ?

Pisceswoman4Pisceswoman4 Registered Users 10 Posts
Hey guys - where is the best date location ? Also , how do i control how long the date is?It seems like the date length is ttotally random...

Comments

• AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Sadly it is totally random, you can't control the length. If you have a ton of k-kash saved up and don't mind spending it, Oak in Soho is the place to date. The vintage wine task (over the waitress' head) gives a TON of hearts. If your date is only 1 hour for example, all you need to do it vintage wine and the date will be complete!
    iOS
  • theloraxthelorax Registered Users 78 Posts
    I second AliBryant's recommendation for Oak in SoHo if you've got money to burn. If you're low on cash, I'd suggest going to El Canario in Punta Mita - you won't have to spend much at all.

It would be great if we could control the length of dates. An 8 or 24 hour date seems like a waste of time to me considering that you could be using that time to complete a project or two.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    If you want 1h dates, date a new person, the first couple of dates would usually be 1h. Once they start to want 2h dates, find someone else.

I used to do this with ugly NPCs, since I dont mind breaking up with them. But now we can delete them after playing with them lol.

I dont mind longer dates now since I have sufficient Kash to date at Oak.
    PM to add
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    I just remembered, when I run out of kash, my favorite place to date is Restaurant Asadeaux in Dubai. It takes a lot of energy, but little if any kash.
    iOS
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    If you want 1h dates, date a new person, the first couple of dates would usually be 1h. Once they start to want 2h dates, find someone else.

I used to do this with ugly NPCs, since I dont mind breaking up with them. But now we can delete them after playing with them lol.

I dont mind longer dates now since I have sufficient Kash to date at Oak.

What if I am married? Can I do one hour dates with others and then just delete them when it gets to the point of asking for marriage? Or will that ruin my current marriage?

--

Also Hamptons restaurant takes energy but hardly any money!
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
    BobbieM wrote: »
    What if I am married? Can I do one hour dates with others and then just delete them when it gets to the point of asking for marriage? Or will that ruin my current marriage?

--

Also Hamptons restaurant takes energy but hardly any money!

That'll work.

Just an update, I dated a new guy and I managed to get like 1 hour dates with for the first 20 times. Now he's starting to give me 2/4 hour dates.
    PM to add
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    That'll work.

Just an update, I dated a new guy and I managed to get like 1 hour dates with for the first 20 times. Now he's starting to give me 2/4 hour dates.
    Do you think it's better to shorter or longer dates for the events? I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about getting this one done :)
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Do you think it's better to shorter or longer dates for the events? I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about getting this one done :)

Me too! I'm really short on cash right now on my game. My doll and her hubby had dates at the Punta Mita and the 1 hr date gave me only 5 event points. That's not enough for me to finish the event.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

You know, it's kind of a luck thing. I'll try to explain.

Unlucky scenario:
    1 hour date - vintage wine doesn't appear - kiss for 5 energy + 7 energy spent to trigger vintage wine to appear
    16 energy = 6 event points

Lucky scenario:
    2 hour date - vintage wine for 4 energy + kiss for 5 energy
    9 energy = 9 points

So in this example, which I experienced just now, 2 hour dates is definitely better. Yet sometimes I can be lucky enough to have the following situation 3 times in a row.

Lucky scenario:
    1 hour date - vintage wine for 4 energy
    4 energy = 5 event points

Then it would make 1 hour dates the way to go.

I also managed to complete an 8 hour date in the past with the least energy, by being lucky because the vintage wine appeared a lot.

So I can't really say shorter or longer dates work, it's the matter of the vintage wine. For me, I date a guy until he gives me an 8 hour date and I dump him. So, 4 hour date is the max I go.
    PM to add
  • twofangstwofangs Registered Users 75 Posts
    AliBryant wrote: »
    If you have a ton of k-kash saved up and don't mind spending it, Oak in Soho is the place to date. The vintage wine task (over the waitress' head) gives a TON of hearts. If your date is only 1 hour for example, all you need to do it vintage wine and the date will be complete!

Wow.

I just had my first date ever at Oak (I've been using Panino exclusively), and I too recommend Ali Bryant's suggestion, *if* you have Kash saved.

I did a four hour date with 20(ish) energy in a matter of minutes; I received 17 event hearts.

I prefer two hour dates but after reading this thread I had to try out Oak right away.

Next date will be Dubai, then The Hamptons and I will try Punta Muta as well to save some Kash.

Thanks to everyone for the help, much appreciated!!

Great thread. :D
    *what scares you most will set you free*
    ~ robyn hitchc0ck
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    I have the luck of dates. I haven't had a date longer then 1 hour in MONTHS! My husband likes them short and sweet I guess. I been doing 1 hour dates all day. I will get a 1 hour date and vintage wine and get 5 (+2) for 5 energy & 600 (around there) Kash. I have enough stored Kash that I am okay though. Otherwise I have to do a kiss for 5 energy, tip the server for 1 energy and some Kash and then the vintage wine appears again. LOL

I probably should have never said anything because I'm now Probably going to have bad luck!
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    I like Panino.

It went fairly quickly with NPCs with whom I had no or little history. Then I got one hour dates at Panino. I noticed, when the points filled up the first bar, then I could only get 2 hour dates with that same NPC in the same place, Panino.

So then I got another NPC with no history and did a one hour date. Then I got the beige boots, eventually. I just let the (energy bolt) bars fill up (on their own; didn't buy energy), although a couple of times I had extra energy bolts due to trying to get the winnables.

I did have 3 of the winnables, the hat hair, the heels and the scarf. So that gradually added a tiny bit of extra points too.

I don't know if the winter hair and the dress in earnables are worth giving up my weekend for. I might quit while I'm ahead on this one.

Anyway Panino didn't cost much and was fairly painless the way I did it. Now I have to go through the breakup calls later this coming week; but since I didn't rack up many relationship points with either NPC, it won't cost much to date them again if I ever have to (for a gig or event), in the future.
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    You know, it's kind of a luck thing. I'll try to explain.

Unlucky scenario:
    1 hour date - vintage wine doesn't appear - kiss for 5 energy + 7 energy spent to trigger vintage wine to appear
    16 energy = 6 event points

Lucky scenario:
    2 hour date - vintage wine for 4 energy + kiss for 5 energy
    9 energy = 9 points

So in this example, which I experienced just now, 2 hour dates is definitely better. Yet sometimes I can be lucky enough to have the following situation 3 times in a row.

Lucky scenario:
    1 hour date - vintage wine for 4 energy
    4 energy = 5 event points

Then it would make 1 hour dates the way to go.

I also managed to complete an 8 hour date in the past with the least energy, by being lucky because the vintage wine appeared a lot.

So I can't really say shorter or longer dates work, it's the matter of the vintage wine. For me, I date a guy until he gives me an 8 hour date and I dump him. So, 4 hour date is the max I go.

Wow!! You're awesome :) thank you so much!! I usually do about the same as you, but occasionally just give in and do the 8 hr dates. But the 8hr dates don't seem the be the most cost/energy efficient way to finish. Oh, and I always go to OAK hahaha. I'm soooo glad I saved up Kash the last few weeks!
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • NoblestRomanaNoblestRomana Registered Users 36 Posts
    If you get 8 hours date, just cancel and wait half an hour or so (sometimes it might be a bit longer) and come back. The timer should go down.