Options

Weekend Event 12/11/15 ~ Celebrate the Festival of Lights with Love, It's a Date! :)

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I didn't see any countdown timer for gigs, but I got a gig "Show your walk" not sure if that gives event points.

Can anyone confirm if the special boxes are only for this weekend? Since there's a countdown timer 2 days for it. Was hoping it was for longer, I want the clothes!
    I'm thinking it's this::
    • the special gift boxes have replaced the regular daily giftboxes, and that will run through New Years (if it is the same as last year).
    • the timer at 2 days 12 hours is for the Love is in the Air Event
    • I get the feeling the untimed 'special' call tasks that start after 6 hours don't give points. Please prove me wrong. ;)

Of course, I could be wrong. I'm confused about the special tasks we got, that usually would have the time left for completion and give event points. There is no complete by times on the gig, so I'm thinking there are no points. Just my thought.

After decorating SoChic London, assuming we'd be paid just like the other stores and finding we get nothing, I think this is like that. We 'assume' it will give points because they have before, but I don't think so. At this point, till someone completes it, we won't know if we get the big payoff or not.

Not feeling the Holiday love so far. God Awful special gift boxes. 4 Energy should NOT be in the holiday gift boxes. Nor should the 3 Stars be there. Just my opinion. Very Krappy start to the holidays if you ask me.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    My husband won't change clothes so I omitted him from the photo! :P But Happy Hanukkah from Annabelle & Brooklyn Jackson!

0C9A68C3-342C-4946-9C6F-3BE15F70908A_zps7ijirf3t.jpg
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    My weekend Event is Dating, and you can earn "Romance" items. I had no Holiday Gift Box as the first of three pop-ups is telling me, which it says "*For the holiday season the daily gift box now a special holiday gift box with new items." I had an ordinary box with the usual stars, money, and old clothes offered in the K store." Unhappy and disappointed. Way to kill the season.
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Omggggg, agreed, agreed, and agreed. Plus...soooo glad I didn't bother decorating So Chic London. I didn't want the place to begin with. I dislike the manager there; she acts like I'm some random person instead of *her* boss who owns the store. I would like to fire her--it's my store yet it wasn't me who hired her? I'd also like to fire the manager I hired in The Hamptons store. These to characters don't act like Dash dolls and even though it's "just" a game, they make me annoyed and I do not like them at all. I'll also mention here that Maria blackmailed me into doing a travel brochure for Mexico a few months ago and crowed about how big her commission was while I got beans. She blackmailed me! Also, Maria is rude and obnoxious. Last of my gripes...the storyline with Karl Lagerfeld--you know, when he calls and asks for your opinions?--just fell off the face of the earth. Ok, last-last of my gripes: I love the holiday decorations, but they should be in more places--Oh! If you walk into Kim's Bev Hills mansion there's decorations in there!; they should be in Kendall and Kylie's house at Malibu and inside at Kourtney's Hamptons house. (Not outside; I live in NYC, and I know how they have specific rules even on how you're permitted to just roll your eyes out there. Ugh.) Anyway, I hope everybody has an amazing holiday season this year, no matter what holiday you celebrate.😀⛄️❄️🛍💖🕍💒🎅🏻👼🏻
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I'm so mad at myself that I only opened the one special daily box when I could have opened three, so I really hope you are right about the special gift boxes running through New Years!!
    • the special gift boxes have replaced the regular daily giftboxes, and that will run through New Years (if it is the same as last year).
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    Yes, it's a dating event for everyone. And, depending on what time you got your regular daily gift box yesterday, you will get your 'special holiday Gift Box' around the same time today. One game got the regular gift box around 11 pm yesterday, so tonight, that game will get the box. But it's not 'all' special items. the regular gift box prizes are in the holiday boxes as well. But, if you keep dating, you'll earn the outfit. There is no guarantee with the gift boxes unfortunately.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LindaVB wrote: »
    I'm so mad at myself that I only opened the one special daily box when I could have opened three, so I really hope you are right about the special gift boxes running through New Years!!

I posted the fully showing 'special holiday gift boxes' I got. WHile some players had wonderful items, for 25 Stars I got Emerald Earrings (I didn't win the green gown last year at st patricks day, so those earrings are useless for me) 4 Energy and 3 Stars.

So, I thought for sure buying all three would get me something good. I should have saved 5 stars, and bought the hair and hat for 20. Pffft.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    That's true, koko... I'll let you know how much self-control I had tomorrow, lol.
    I posted the fully showing 'special holiday gift boxes' I got. WHile some players had wonderful items, for 25 Stars I got Emerald Earrings (I didn't win the green gown last year at st patricks day, so those earrings are useless for me) 4 Energy and 3 Stars.

So, I thought for sure buying all three would get me something good. I should have saved 5 stars, and bought the hair and hat for 20. Pffft.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Not feeling the Holiday love so far. God Awful special gift boxes. 4 Energy should NOT be in the holiday gift boxes. Nor should the 3 Stars be there. Just my opinion. Very Krappy start to the holidays if you ask me.

Me either. Very Krappy! I think I am done with the game. Since I don't get daily gift boxes there I'll be No Holiday items for me. Which is very unfair. I'm off to go play elsewhere. Glu can't/won't fix my daily gift box issue and I'm not going to sit on the sideline and watch everyone get all these beautiful holiday stuff while I can't have any.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Hey, Koko, I think the special calls will give event points. I didn't finish my last gig with Kim last weekend, since I knew I would never finish getting the final dress. I accepted the gig last weekend but put it off for this weekend. When I completed it today, I got event points. So, hopefully, that means the special weekend gigs give points too.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I agree so much with you guys!

These boxes have nothing special besides some new items!

If I remember well last year they contained large amounts of k$, k-stars and energy bolts. I understand the frustration of many here!

Today I'm on a losing streak! Several of my dates didn't give me the vintage wine button until I need only 1 point to end the date and when it show up that's the only button I got, can you believe that?

And B & V aren't rising in the top couple list!

After I win that beanie I will change my place of date and stop throwing my k$ in the trash!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Aw Vats, I hope tomorrow will better for you <3 You'll get an awesome Christmas item from the special gift box, vintage wine will be in stock and B & V will rise at least 1 spot.
    PM to add
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    hehe Thanks Nai!

You know I complain here for free, the truth is that I have reached a level of maturity in the game that I even think it's fun when something goes completely wrong!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    I'm taking AppleP into the Walk gig now. I'll let you know. and, how do you hold something over a week? Simon never gives me new things till the old ones are done.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    • I get the feeling the untimed 'special' call tasks that start after 6 hours don't give points. Please prove me wrong. ;)

Of course, I could be wrong. I'm confused about the special tasks we got, that usually would have the time left for completion and give event points. There is no complete by times on the gig, so I'm thinking there are no points. Just my thought.

After decorating SoChic London, assuming we'd be paid just like the other stores and finding we get nothing, I think this is like that. We 'assume' it will give points because they have before, but I don't think so. At this point, till someone completes it, we won't know if we get the big payoff or not.

I get confused easily. But the timer under this special gift box page is 2 days. Unless the game doesn't allow 2 different countdown clock or something. But, the words did say "For the holiday season" which isn't only these 2 days. I wish someone would clarify this, like when does it end, so we know if we should open more boxes or not.

yRIqjjY.jpg
    PM to add
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »
    hehe Thanks Nai!

You know I complain here for free, the truth is that I have reached a level of maturity in the game that I even think it's fun when something goes completely wrong!

Vats, you are awesome. I sometimes laugh at how miserable I am too, like,

Getting Kash in gift boxes again...

rpZgRMe.jpg

and Jax turning into a girl.

HtP0BDI.png
    PM to add
  • Options
    Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    Loved loved my daily gift, I actually I'm dying to get these Dior sunglasses irl &#55357;&#56833;
    IMG_4841_zpstqt0d5ws.jpg

I got 50 energy in my weekend box, which helped a lot with dates.
    Btw guys you look amaze!! Trevor that jacket you got it is pretty sick &#55357;&#56860;
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    iampetermcdowelliampetermcdowell Banned Users 273 Posts
    34i2tco.png
    15f6l9w.png
    t7iexi.jpg
    I forgot to screen shot the shoe item in the open box
    1zqgefk.png
    I'm done... Late post...
  • Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    The event gig gave me 25 points plus 10 bonus.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Hey, Koko, I think the special calls will give event points. I didn't finish my last gig with Kim last weekend, since I knew I would never finish getting the final dress. I accepted the gig last weekend but put it off for this weekend. When I completed it today, I got event points. So, hopefully, that means the special weekend gigs give points too.

Has anyone completed a weekend task yet? Do we get event hearts? I'm due to start the first one but I don't want to bother if there's no payout, would rather keep the energy for dates. I want the earm uffs!!!
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    The event gig gave me 25 points plus 10 bonus.

Great, thanks Kate! I posted my question before I saw this lol :)
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Here's the box. Lots of new stuff inside! I wish they would give us only clothes in those holiday giftboxes, I hate the kash!

igby4h.png

I'm mad that I won cash inside of my holiday gift box. Ugh!!!!😠
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Nai, I know the timer on the GiftBox page has the same timer as the event. But....remember the Black Friday sale on Stars, and sale in the shop that ended early? I think that's why the timer shows that end time, because 2 timers might confuse the issue. But, as I said, it was only my opinion, and I'm sticking with believing these are the new giftboxes throughout the Holiday. If I'm wrong, oops. but I think that timer, is only for the Love is in the Air. We'll find out. :)

And, I'm almost done with my walk. when I saw it was 6 hours, it dawned on me, that would be yet another timer running. And after cutting the sale short, they did say that while they couldn't restart the sale, they could fix it in the future, and maybe this is the result.

It will be, what it's going to be. I feel bad for Bobbie, no gbs at all. Think the "Special" was pretty much left out of the majority of GBs. but we ARE getting points, so that's good.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I'm mad that I won cash inside of my holiday gift box. Ugh!!!!

Try getting 4 Energy, or 3 Stars in a box you paid 15 Stars for. Now that's fun. :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NazierNazier Registered Users 7 Posts
    Thank you to whomever suggested restarting your device to receive event points. It worked! However, it sucks that the holiday gift box contained a gift (which happened to be the one I received) that are usually in the regular boxes. I wish Glu would stop putting daily gift box items in the event gift boxes and the special holiday boxes! Leave those to the regular daily gift boxes!
  • Options
    Try getting 4 Energy, or 3 Stars in a box you paid 15 Stars for. Now that's fun. :(

Lol that was like me! I paid extra to open another and came out with $350 and 4 energy! I definitely am jinxed when it comes to any type of gift box.
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Here's the box. Lots of new stuff inside! I wish they would give us only clothes in those holiday giftboxes, I hate the kash!

igby4h.png

If this was my set, I would fly. I usually open the first 3 boxes in a row. You look awesome in the white dress btw :o
    PM to add
  • Options
    Cherrey wrote: »
    Sorry, Koko. I needed to do that :rolleyes:

NjMmx9u.jpg

Rotllmao haha that's so hilarious!!!☺😊😀😂😃😄😆
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    AmyT wrote: »
    Lol that was like me! I paid extra to open another and came out with $350 and 4 energy! I definitely am jinxed when it comes to any type of gift box.

Me too! I always have bad luck whenever I opened up any gift box.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    Me too! I always have bad luck whenever I opened up any gift box.

Fingers crossed we win something decent tomorrow :) I love that sparkling blazer.
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai