Quitting..

BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
Well it's been a for run, but Glu has done nothing to resolve my daily gift boxes and I can't get them. This means NO HOLIDAY items for me since they are in the DAILY GIFT BOXES, which I haven't gotten in almost a month. They said they will forward it on to tech support but it wouldn't be an immediate fix. Well now they have changed this to ALL HOLIDAY ITEMS are in the DAILY gift box, so no festive stuff for me and frankly, that upsets and hurts me. We had a little extra cash so before Black Friday my husband gave me $100 iTunes card and I used that and used it up on the Balmain stuff. So in a few week I spent that much and I can't get holiday items now. I'm sick. I'm upset. I'm about to lose it. So I am deleting the game. I can't even play fair b cause I can't get daily gift boxes. I have left it be b cause even though there is stuff I want in them, it not worth it
To keep badgering them when they have no clue why I'm not getting them, but now to cut me off of the holiday stuff because it's only in the boxes. Nope!!

I guess it was a good thing I did my 1st comeback. Now I have nothing to lose. It's been a good run and lots of fun. Happy Holidays ladies!! I'll miss you all dearly, but I think it's time to move on. Good luck on your quests and adventures.
Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
• Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
• Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
• iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Don't delete the game right away, if you change your mind after acting impulsively, you will regret it. I'm sorry this is happening. But, who says all the holiday items are in the gift boxes? Last year there was a red gown in the gift boxes. I didn't get it, I was sad, but then there was an earnable black sparkling gown. I wore that with my earned sensational party hair. No giftboxes involved. My luck with giftboxes is nonexistant. But, I'm so positive next week or Christmas weekend we will be able to earn a sensational dress. Ultimately, I believe the showstopper of the season, will be an earnable outfit. Probably next week.

THis is based on gut instinct, past experience, and a little useless esp for some reason tunes in on the game more than anything else right now. So please. relax, and wait.

ETA: We both have some medical conditions I believe, and I get it. The morning starts out as a total bummer. But let it sit, Lift your spirits with something else. I might break down and buy the hat and hair just to boost my spirits over the horrendous special gift boxes I got today. But when other things loom in our life, things seem much bigger than they are. And I find after a while, it's going to be ok. So I would hate for you to delete you game, your new baby in the game, over some glitch that has to be fixed one way or another. Please hang in there Bobbie.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Don't delete the game right away, if you change your mind after acting impulsively, you will regret it. I'm sorry this is happening. But, who says all the holiday items are in the gift boxes? Last year there was a red gown in the gift boxes. I didn't get it, I was sad, but then there was an earnable black sparkling gown. I wore that with my earned sensational party hair. No giftboxes involved. My luck with giftboxes is nonexistant. But, I'm so positive next week or Christmas weekend we will be able to earn a sensational dress. Ultimately, I believe the showstopper of the season, will be an earnable outfit. Probably next week.

THis is based on gut instinct, past experience, and a little useless esp for some reason tunes in on the game more than anything else right now. So please. relax, and wait.

ETA: We both have some medical conditions I believe, and I get it. The morning starts out as a total bummer. But let it sit, Lift your spirits with something else. I might break down and buy the hat and hair just to boost my spirits over the horrendous special gift boxes I got today. But when other things loom in our life, things seem much bigger than they are. And I find after a while, it's going to be ok. So I would hate for you to delete you game, your new baby in the game, over some glitch that has to be fixed one way or another. Please hang in there Bobbie.

They basically said they don't see any glitch or reason I'm not getting the daily boxes. I wish I could go back and get the messages but it deletes. They gave me
    No ETA and said its only happened a few times and it would be looked into when it's a bigger "widespread" problem. How in the world does a company take/make as much money from people as they do and not feel bad about making anything fair! It's disgusting! I'm so upset that I don't even WANT to play the game anymore. I knew this daily boxes BS would bite me in the @ss!

KoKo, I'll PM you this afternoon. I really wish our games were cross platform so I could type on the computer. I think I wil anyway and then email it to me and copy/paste. I've got to lay down for a bit. I've got an unhappy leg at the moment. I'll message you later. ;)
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
    Feel better, and...I'll have my iOS game add you. Feel better, and we'll talk soon. Just DON"T pull the plug on it. THat's something that can't be undone.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Nooo, please don't!

I don't want to sound like I'm controlling your decision, but I have an almost similar issue that couldn't be solved for several months. I can't watch videos for KStars on my iOS account after purchasing KStars. Several emails/tickets didn't help. On my android account, I can earn A LOT of KStars, so I can imagine the amount of KStars I'm missing out on my iOS game. But, there are good things to be happy about, you got yourself Balmain <3 You got your baby, your hubby, your friends, a lot. Persevere on, I will be sending in another ticket about my videos too, you should try again. Let's hope they solve our issues.
    PM to add
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    My story: I didn't recieve any storyline gigs for two months (from February till April). Had to spend quite some time speaking to Glu representatives and these two months were no fun, but the issue was fixed. A month later the issue came back, I contacted Glu immediately and it was fixed in a couple of days. Now everything is good. So my point is that sometimes you have to wait.
    But it's always up to you. Hope your problem will be solved or that you will be happier not playing the game.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    Its totally your decision but im just saying I've had no giftboxes either for the last month, but today I SUDDENLY got one! Im sure they will return for you too soon
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
    Feel better, and...I'll have my iOS game add you. Feel better, and we'll talk soon. Just DON"T pull the plug on it. THat's something that can't be undone.

I sent you a PM KoKo. ;)
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Nooo, please don't!

I don't want to sound like I'm controlling your decision, but I have an almost similar issue that couldn't be solved for several months. I can't watch videos for KStars on my iOS account after purchasing KStars. Several emails/tickets didn't help. On my android account, I can earn A LOT of KStars, so I can imagine the amount of KStars I'm missing out on my iOS game. But, there are good things to be happy about, you got yourself Balmain <3 You got your baby, your hubby, your friends, a lot. Persevere on, I will be sending in another ticket about my videos too, you should try again. Let's hope they solve our issues.

Thanks Nai. Idk. It's just that I am missing out on exclusive holiday Christmas stuff. I didn't get anything holiday from last Christmas because I went on hiatus from the game for a bit. I want a Santa hat, reindeer ears or that SOOOOOO CUTE dress in the preview. It breaks my heart.
    Katinkae wrote: »
    Its totally your decision but im just saying I've had no giftboxes either for the last month, but today I SUDDENLY got one! Im sure they will return for you too soon

Mine came back last week for one day. But now that they did the holiday items exclusive to those "free gift boxes" there is no chance for me to get any beautiful holiday goodies. I want the holiday goodies! I mean we all do. I would pay for them if I could. I just hate that this is what they did for the free holiday goodies :(
    My story: I didn't recieve any storyline gigs for two months (from February till April). Had to spend quite some time speaking to Glu representatives and these two months were no fun, but the issue was fixed. A month later the issue came back, I contacted Glu immediately and it was fixed in a couple of days. Now everything is good. So my point is that sometimes you have to wait.
    But it's always up to you. Hope your problem will be solved or that you will be happier not playing the game.

I will send in another ticket. I am also working with KoKo to see if she can help me or if I am missing anything information wise that might be helpful.
    Aww Shucks, I'm just giving advice and trying to brainstorm. :) I think you see we all want you to stay, and hang in there till there is is resolution.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Aww Shucks, I'm just giving advice and trying to brainstorm. :) I think you see we all want you to stay, and hang in there till there is is resolution.

My problem is this.. If I am having problems now (gift boxes), there is CLEARLY a glitch in my game. So that means I have a running glitch in my game. Then what happens when they introduce something new and because of this underlying glitch I can't participate in that or do it or whatever the case may be. So I am also looking at it that way. I've spent X amount of dollars on my game over all this time and now there is this glitch. Say another year there is a whole lot more money spent.. and the new whatever is introduced and I can't do it because there is a glitch from way back when. Which at this point they then say, well you have to start over in order to correct it.. UGHHHHHHHHHHH!! That would kill me and that would make me 1000x more furious because I would really have a lot of time and real life money involved and no way to correct it other then to start over. Does this make sense?

This worries me (it obviously happened to me before and it scares the **** out of me). I'm waiting to hear back on the newest ticket. Typically they have been pretty quick so I guess we will see. I am still doing the dates since I only get 1 hour dates with my husband LOL and I am getting pretty far pretty fast with that. We will see. I am moving forward, until they tell me they can't or don't have anything more to offer for a solution.
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    I hope you will reconsider Bobbie and will keep coming to the forum regardless. You don't have to quit the game because of the forum, or the forum because of the game.

Just my opinion.

Maybe after 'a breather' you will come back to the game, too. Even if you don't tell us about it, I hope you will check in on the game at Christmas time, because you might regret not being able to get the event prizes or sales if you miss out. But you know what is best for you.

Stop in and say hi at least...Sorry to hear this Bobbie.
    BobbieM wrote: »
    So I am deleting the game.

(The other thing is, if you erase your game, the gifts everyone gave you will disappear. For good.)
  • CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    I work in customer service and would never give out ad many canned cookie cutter responses as Glu. I almost wonder if it's a real person and if they know what I'm trying to tell them LOL. Gifted my significant other a gift card which they used to buy K STARS and never received it. The replies were so cookie cutter that I just gave up on answering the conversation and emailed Apple directly LOL.

I hope things will be fixed for you if you decide to keep trying. I know how frustrating it can be when they don't seem to want to listen.
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    It's got to be highly frustrating.

But, to put it a bit in perspective: There is no guarantee any of us will 'win' any of those 'daily holiday prizes' anyway. And there are less than ten total, I think.

I've missed out on more items than that during one month's events.

Last year I think I won zero or one holiday gift item. The rest I got in later Throwback sales.

Is it worth jettisoning your friends here, and your entire game, for a few prizes that most won't get anyway?
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    It's got to be highly frustrating.

But, to put it a bit in perspective: There is no guarantee any of us will 'win' any of those 'daily holiday prizes' anyway. And there are less than ten total, I think.

I've missed out on more items than that during one month's events.

Last year I think I won zero or one holiday gift item. The rest I got in later Throwback sales.

Is it worth jettisoning your friends here, and your entire game, for a few prizes that most won't get anyway?

I entirely hear and understand what you are saying, it's just that I see this as a start to a bigger problem. Like "it's just gift boxes" but clearly there is a glitch in my game, correct?! So what happens when I can't participate in an event or see a new area that they are unlocking? A small problem can always go bigger and again I understand what you are saying with that can happen to anyone, but with the money and time I HAVE invested into the game, I don't know that I want to invest more into something broken.

I absolutely do like the game. I LOVE everyone here in the forums and y'all are the sweetest people. No one is mean and vindictive. No one insults anyone. It's a safe and fun environment.