Weekend Event 12/11/15 ~ Celebrate the Festival of Lights with Love, It's a Date! :)

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    My event quests have been 6 hour (as in the past) but I have an 8 hour Balmain that was not part of today. Is it just me, or is it getting confusing? Situations we can't get out of, not knowing what to choose, does it make a difference? I didn't get the part yesterday because in the photo shoot I didn't do the right poses. Instead I got a Beach photoshoot that paid closed to 800. Was that any different from what was given out for getting the part? Not knowing makes it a little more fun, but there is always FOMO. Fear of missing out. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    My event quests have been 6 hour (as in the past) but I have an 8 hour Balmain that was not part of today. Is it just me, or is it getting confusing? Situations we can't get out of, not knowing what to choose, does it make a difference? I didn't get the part yesterday because in the photo shoot I didn't do the right poses. Instead I got a Beach photoshoot that paid closed to 800. Was that any different from what was given out for getting the part? Not knowing makes it a little more fun, but there is always FOMO. Fear of missing out. :)

It's definitely confusing not having the clock countdown, specially since we are receiving hearts for the gigs, unlike other times that they are timed and we are just wasting time like on party weekends.
    GC Minne622
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    And please fix BobbieM's daily gift boxes, so she can get those?! Figure it out for her please, Glu?! Please?!

Thank you Polka! I really hope they find a way to fix this!!

---

Those asking that coat does come with nude pants. I managed to get it on my first pick. My doll is wearing it :) with her tall red winter boats (O. M. G. I love them! I want more but different colors and styles!!)
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    NOT a fan of the winnable outfit. They really need to think of us pale dolls, too. Lol. She looks naked!

The gray scarf is nice but, meh on it all, to be honest (which is actually good since I'm trying to save up stars + hate date events)...everything but the beige boots in the earnables. I love those beige boots because I had a pair that looked JUST LIKE THAT. Also, it would be good to have a dressier pair of light colored boots in the KKH wardrobe.

It might depend on the monitor or screen you are looking at it with. Even on the very pale dolls the nude leggings are noticeably there. :0)
    AliBryant wrote: »
    If you enlarge the shoes, you can see they are actually the same color as the hat - burgundy/maroon. I like the style so I wouldn't be too upset to have them in another color. Although I would rather win the scarf!

gpuQ8TF.png

I would really like the hair in a less curly goofy style and it would have been nice had the maroon hat been cream colored like the ear****s because it would match more :)
    OMG OMG OMG! Look what I got in my daily gift box! I can't believe it!

1235lzc.jpg

This is to die for Sassy! I'm so jealous!!
    Here's the box. Lots of new stuff inside! I wish they would give us only clothes in those holiday giftboxes, I hate the kash!

igby4h.png

This makes me SICK that I don't get daily gift boxes. Nice exclusive items and a big ole FU to me.. Ugh.
    Katinkae wrote: »
    I got this dress:) deffo want the white as well!

That dress is beautiful too!!
    Good news - I got a new Christmas gift box!!! I didn't have to wait a day for it to come!!

Bad news - I "won" 4 bolts of energy. LMAO.

This has to be the most annoying thing EVER!! They need to remove the energy & Kash from the boxes!!
    my free love box

I got the grey scarf too. I actually really like it!!
    Are any Android people getting points now?

Just a recommendation.......when you get the daily gift box, it is only 10 k stars to open another one....pretty cheap price to have a chance at another holiday item! I ended up getting both the white dress and the holly earrings!

Both of them are STUNNING!!
    But.... 4 energy in my Special Holiday Gift Box? you know that triggered me to buy another......I got 3 KStars. bought another and got some little emerald earrings. ok, but not worth 25 of my KStars. Want to see the whole freakin special palette?

I wasted 25Stars on 4 Energy and 3 Stars. Seriously?

The Android
    'won' this blue thing that looks like a cross between a blue Big Bird, and Oscar the Gouch. Is he the blue one? Oh, Cookie Monster. yeah. I'll post that pic in a while.

Color me extremely pifftd off. In a big blue sort of way. and 4 point for a date? really? Shoot me now.

See the SPECIAL HOLIDAY boxes need to be exactly that, SPECIAL HOLIDAY BOXES!
    Vats wrote: »

Soooo p***** I didn't got that amazing coat... I want to cry:(

I actually really like the guys items this round!!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Ok since Glu isn't showing the items that we can get in our Winter Daily Giftboxes, I tried to compile a list of the available options. (Someone else can do this for the girls)
    This is all I've seen so far, feel free to add more if I'm missing anything.
    image_zpspv9qufzg.jpeg
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
    I actually kinda like that Glu isn't showing all the items that are available in the giftboxes because it adds a bigger element of surprise when you get an amazing coat or sweater that you've never seen. But at the same time I'm really nosy and want to know everything lol.
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Ok since Glu isn't showing the items that we can get in our Winter Daily Giftboxes, I tried to compile a list of the available options. (Someone else can do this for the girls)
    This is all I've seen so far, feel free to add more if I'm missing anything.
    image_zpspv9qufzg.jpeg

I LOVE the rose sweater! I hope I can snag it and/or they later add it to the shop
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    I LOVE the rose sweater! I hope I can snag it and/or they later add it to the shop

I love it too! I love it all really... I've only seen one person get that rose sweater tho so it must be pretty rare.
    Forgot to take a pic of the giftbox but I got this awesome jacket+sweater combo in mine!
    image_zpsqbheiuxn.jpeg

It's really different from anything in the boys closet so I really like it.

This is AWESOME! I love it! They stepped up the guys clothing this time!
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I won the sparkly blazer in the Daily gift boxes.

That's pretty Holly!
    Gosh I hope not only 2 days, I thought they would be up until Christmas.

I agree, but for some reason they do say 2 days X hours on the special event gift box screen.. *SIGH*
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Here's the inspiration for your blazer Hol

PhotoGrid_1449838073600_zpsh4sxuutw.jpg

It's too bad we have zero pants though. I mean we have leggings and the jeans we have are super tight also, nothing with the long flow like the inspiration pants!
    Charli wrote: »
    Saw these thigh high boots on IG:

8KSIvce.png

WOW!! I LOVE THOSE!!
    I'm thinking it's this::
    • the special gift boxes have replaced the regular daily giftboxes, and that will run through New Years (if it is the same as last year).
    • the timer at 2 days 12 hours is for the Love is in the Air Event
    • I get the feeling the untimed 'special' call tasks that start after 6 hours don't give points. Please prove me wrong. ;)

Of course, I could be wrong. I'm confused about the special tasks we got, that usually would have the time left for completion and give event points. There is no complete by times on the gig, so I'm thinking there are no points. Just my thought.

After decorating SoChic London, assuming we'd be paid just like the other stores and finding we get nothing, I think this is like that. We 'assume' it will give points because they have before, but I don't think so. At this point, till someone completes it, we won't know if we get the big payoff or not.

Not feeling the Holiday love so far. God Awful special gift boxes. 4 Energy should NOT be in the holiday gift boxes. Nor should the 3 Stars be there. Just my opinion. Very Krappy start to the holidays if you ask me.

Since I JUST did my comeback, I said screw the gigs and left them. I mean, I can't lose fans I don't have LOL
    Hey, Koko, I think the special calls will give event points. I didn't finish my last gig with Kim last weekend, since I knew I would never finish getting the final dress. I accepted the gig last weekend but put it off for this weekend. When I completed it today, I got event points. So, hopefully, that means the special weekend gigs give points too.

I had no idea that we could have gotten a dress from last weekend with Kim. Things tend to get lost because these forum pages get so long and it's a lot to read :( What a bummer!
    Jenn0503 wrote: »
    Yey only bought 2 boxes and got what i wanted in the first try :)
    & a nice shirt from the daily box not bad glu

image_zpsjxd3os6t.png

And know i can look like im going dancing
    image_zpszjh0as6s.png

I forgot to take pictures of the boxes

Uhhh.. What am I missing? Why can't I see the Jersey Shore? And how did you get the "underwear" or "swimsuit bottoms". I love them!
    Naimonster wrote: »
    "Show your walk". It'll be at Paris, the gig name would be Balmain Winter Collection.

Congrats on your goodies!

WHAT? I swear I did this already.. Like yesterday I did the Balmain Winter Collection something or another..?!
    I'm not too sure how I feel about winning the daily gift box jumpsuit inside of my freebie weekend event gift box since I don't like any of the specialty event clothing. So yay or nay⁉

tmp_27654_Screenshot_2015_12_11_14_28_22_1_33967.png

I want one of these jumpsuits, but I absolutely LOVE LOVE the pale pink one so I would be happy as long as it was an item I didn't already have.
    My event quests have been 6 hour (as in the past) but I have an 8 hour Balmain that was not part of today. Is it just me, or is it getting confusing? Situations we can't get out of, not knowing what to choose, does it make a difference? I didn't get the part yesterday because in the photo shoot I didn't do the right poses. Instead I got a Beach photoshoot that paid closed to 800. Was that any different from what was given out for getting the part? Not knowing makes it a little more fun, but there is always FOMO. Fear of missing out.

It's very confusing. Maybe that's why I suck so much at these quest things.. do the event, but don't forget about these perfectly timed gigs that go hand and hand and you need to complete them too. UGHHHHHHH!!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    The girl's. So the guys only have 5 tops? No pants or accessories? I wonder if they're going to add more clothing progressively IF it will be lasting throughout December.

The tights appeared in my boxes, but I haven't seen anyone else's box with it nor someone who has won it. I already purchased all tights in my closet so it should be new.

Can Trevor's picture and these pictures be added to a new thread or something, so it's easy reference.

9NP2XyX.jpg
    P0xCOEp.jpg
    PM to add
  • pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
    Hey everyone, can someone please tell me the name of the first weekend gig? I have a long list of tasks and none of them have timers so I don't want to risk choosing the wrong one!!!
    Is it the 6 hour Balmain fashion show at Femme in Paris? I don't know if that's just part of the new update or if it's the weekend job.
    pizzaparty wrote: »
    Hey everyone, can someone please tell me the name of the first weekend gig? I have a long list of tasks and none of them have timers so I don't want to risk choosing the wrong one!!!
    Is it the 6 hour Balmain fashion show at Femme in Paris? I don't know if that's just part of the new update or if it's the weekend job.

Yes that's the one. On the goals tab it should be called "Show your walk".
    PM to add
    The girl's. So the guys only have 5 tops? No pants or accessories? I wonder if they're going to add more clothing progressively IF it will be lasting throughout December.
    Can Trevor's picture and these pictures be added to a new thread or something, so it's easy reference.
    Those are all I've seen but there aren't nearly as many males posting their new clothes as girls (it took a lot of searching just to find all those) so there definitely could be more available.
    Trevor, is this pants new or an item from closet? I can't check.

I think it should be fair for both genders to have equal amount of clothing in the special boxes.

JieNUDJ.jpg
    PM to add
    Trevor, is this pants new or an item from closet? I can't check.

I think it should be fair for both genders to have equal amount of clothing in the special boxes.

JieNUDJ.jpg
    I don't see them in my closet so they could be new!
  • IlanawexlerIlanawexler Registered Users 130 Posts
    Okay so I'm confused. I open my daily gift box everyday at around 8 p.m. I opened a normal one yesterday at 8 and got a holiday one at 2 a.m. So I just opened another one again since its 8 p.m. for me right now and it's a normal one not a holiday one. But aren't the holiday ones supposed to replace the normal ones? Or am I going to receive another holiday one at 2 a.m. again later?
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Best thing would be to wait and see what happens at 2 a.m. If you can take a screenshot of the next box you get to choose, see if it's the coloring of the regular, or the special coloring of the Holiday Special GiftBoxes.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I collected my daily one yesterday at 12pm, and when the event rolled out I collected the special one at 7pm.

I was just able to collect my daily one again, it's 12.20pm for me.

liNKYSM.jpg
    a846GU5.jpg

I'm mad I missed out on the hair again! But yay to having 2 gift boxes to open daily!
    PM to add
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    So, we are supposed to get 2 gift boxes a day now? Are you sure, or do you have the VIP thing?

I do wish Glu would roll out the VIP thing to everybody! I mean Glu...people are gonna have holiday money to spend :p

Maybe the first month (of VIP), they could do a special intro price.

OK so I have the knit cap and hair, the maroon/burgundy high heeled sandals, the grey scarf, and the beige boots, so far. But I might stop there. I need to do other things this weekend.

I posted pix of my doll in all but the heels, in the fashion thread.
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Are the holiday gift boxes just for this weekend or will they continue til Christmas? I just wonder cause it has the time under the page like it's a weekend thing. I'd say I'm crossing my fingers that it's extended til Christmas, but my luck I'll get money every day :D
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    Are the holiday gift boxes just for this weekend or will they continue til Christmas? I just wonder cause it has the time under the page like it's a weekend thing. I'd say I'm crossing my fingers that it's extended til Christmas, but my luck I'll get money every day :D

I think the 2 day timer is for the weekend event.

The gift boxes should be daily throughout December...I think?!
    pizzaparty wrote: »
    Hey everyone, can someone please tell me the name of the first weekend gig?

Do those count toward the earnable prizes this time?
    BobbieM wrote: »
    It might depend on the monitor or screen you are looking at it with. Even on the very pale dolls the nude leggings are noticeably there. :0)

Yes I know the pants are *there* but that wasn't what I meant...They are called nude for a reason...it's just an odd illusion to want in a pair of pants, IMO.

They are modeled after what the Kardashians wear and they all have medium to dark complexions...the nude pants don't look the same on them as a doll who has a pale skin tone.

If you have to squint and stare to make sure someone's wearing pants, and they are wearing an open coat on top of that, it's not a mental image I really want to greet my doll in.

To each their own. If you love them I'm glad.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I got the boots. Now let me aim for the ear****s.

ip5dms.png
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    Katinkae wrote: »
    Fix it pleaaase. Did you guys get a gift box?:-) i see girls in my phonebook wearing amazing new clothes! Espesically sassy! That dress omg
    I have an iPhone and I've been getting all my points! But.. My daughter plays on a Samsung tablet, and I noticed she was playing the older version and had just gotten the normal daily gift box. So I asked her to give it to me so I could update it for her, and when she opened it, she was able to get another giftbox right away and it was one of the winter ones! Kinda cool :) but... She hasn't gotten any weekend gigs yet :( she's able to date and get the event points, but there's no storyline for her =\ weird.
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
    OMG OMG OMG! Look what I got in my daily gift box! I can't believe it!

1235lzc.jpg
    Omg yay!!! That was the only dress I wanted out of my box because it's so pretty, but I got 50 energy instead haha. Looks great on you!!!
    XoXo
    I'm thinking it's this::
    • the special gift boxes have replaced the regular daily giftboxes, and that will run through New Years (if it is the same as last year).
    • the timer at 2 days 12 hours is for the Love is in the Air Event
    • I get the feeling the untimed 'special' call tasks that start after 6 hours don't give points. Please prove me wrong. ;)

Of course, I could be wrong. I'm confused about the special tasks we got, that usually would have the time left for completion and give event points. There is no complete by times on the gig, so I'm thinking there are no points. Just my thought.

After decorating SoChic London, assuming we'd be paid just like the other stores and finding we get nothing, I think this is like that. We 'assume' it will give points because they have before, but I don't think so. At this point, till someone completes it, we won't know if we get the big payoff or not.

Not feeling the Holiday love so far. God Awful special gift boxes. 4 Energy should NOT be in the holiday gift boxes. Nor should the 3 Stars be there. Just my opinion. Very Krappy start to the holidays if you ask me.

I actually did the first one (Show your Walk {I think}), and I did get the 20-25 heart event points! I was super confused too, because there was no time limit. I'm about to do the second one right now and I'll let you guys know what happens!
    XoXo
  • MarthaMartha Registered Users 18 Posts
    Does anyone knows what happens if I dont charm Oliver in the event?
    avh6dv.jpg
    Omg yaaaaassss!! Hahaha that's exactly what I thought when I first saw them 😂 I love Scream Queens! I want those ear****s!!
    XoXo