Feedback on "Comeback" quest

Comments

• CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    Thank you KokoBelle! That was a quick reply haha. Glad to hear there is more story. It's interesting!

So I have 6 storyline gigs pending now... If I do the comeback, will they still be on my sidebar as pending or will they disappear? And I read somewhere here that someone is waiting to do the comeback until after the Christmas events because it might negatively affect the Christmas quests? Does anyone know what downsides there are for quests after you start a comeback?
  • KokoBelleKokoBelle Registered Users 73 Posts
    I don't think the comeback will affect this event because it's a party event. You'll still get the same amount of event stars whether you are an A-lister or E-lister. If it was a K-star event, like last week, then I would wait. But, for this weekend I think it's fine.
    Friend me on GC: :KokoBelle:
    Doll name: Coco Cox
    A+++ level 36
    Thanks KokoBelle for all the help!

One last thing for the comeback... haha. I just started an 8 hour gig and I just got #1 through my feed! If I do the comeback, will I still be able to go back to that 8 hour gig and finish it? I am on the 150 in a row appearance achievement and don't want to screw that up >_<
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Yes you can. Good luck on your comeback!
    PM to add
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Nai's right. Everything stays the same, except losing rank and fans, and you gain the dress, the special tappable in those gigs, and the added energy. If you're in the middle of a date, a photoshoot, a fashion show or anything, that continues on as if nothing has happened.

Congratulations and enjoy the climb to the top again!
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thanks so much Nai and Koko! I started the comeback just now!

One last question... When can you talk to Maria to change your name? I can't speak to her at the moment... The comeback queat starts in 24 hours... Do i have to finish that first? The game didn't tell me to put a last name so my doll only has a first name lol. I figured this is the perfect time to change it since I have no fans to lose. Thanks!
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Someone said that all the gigs are 8 hour. I think that's a big downfall. I've been sitting on the edge of comeback for bout 3 weeks, but I am so over the current only 8 hour gigs that I truly do not want to do a comeback and ONLY get 8 hour gigs. That should be altered. I realize we get +3 more energy, but 8 hour gigs take almost the entire day.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Cilan wrote: »
    Thanks so much Nai and Koko! I started the comeback just now!

One last question... When can you talk to Maria to change your name? I can't speak to her at the moment... The comeback queat starts in 24 hours... Do i have to finish that first? The game didn't tell me to put a last name so my doll only has a first name lol. I figured this is the perfect time to change it since I have no fans to lose. Thanks!

I changed mine during my first Comeback. I had to earn some fans before Maria offered for me to change it. I don't remember the number I needed but it wasn't too bad losing the fans.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    BobbieM wrote: »
    Someone said that all the gigs are 8 hour. I think that's a big downfall. I've been sitting on the edge of comeback for bout 3 weeks, but I am so over the current only 8 hour gigs that I truly do not want to do a comeback and ONLY get 8 hour gigs. That should be altered. I realize we get +3 more energy, but 8 hour gigs take almost the entire day.

I'm on my third Comeback and Simon always offers me a variety of gigs. I think there may have been one or two times that all my choices were 8 hour gigs. Maybe the person who said that all the gigs were 8 hours didn't realize you can ask Simon "what else?" and get more options?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I'm on my third Comeback and Simon always offers me a variety of gigs. I think there may have been one or two times that all my choices were 8 hour gigs. Maybe the person who said that all the gigs were 8 hours didn't realize you can ask Simon "what else?" and get more options?

Thanks so much Holly!!
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I just took my final comeback. I did Love Guru first, then Fashion Icon and lastly, Money Maker. Love all the dresses!

NHfp73N.jpg
    xQhPUD1.jpg
    PM to add
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Congrats Nai!

Xan looks amazing on each comeback dress!

I think it's time to Glu stop to increase the number of fans in every update!

I'm like with 612kk of fans, if was me I'll never be friend of myself lol

There are 7 billion of people on earth, almost 10% are Vats' fans lol

They should freeze these numbers to everybody can enjoy the comeback without have to work for an eternity on it!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    I've been stuck at #9 forever and I only just realized it's because I'm friends with really advanced players. If I were to delete and re-add people when I start my comeback(s), do our relationship points stay the same, or do they start all over?
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Hi cocofab!

Well I play on Android, so I'm not sure how it works on iOS, but when you delete someone on Android it takes months until that person disappears from your game... So delete someone isn't a good option for having a fast rise at the top list!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Hi cocofab!

Well I play on Android, so I'm not sure how it works on iOS, but when you delete someone on Android it takes months until that person disappears from your game... So delete someone isn't a good option for having a fast rise at the top list!

Oooh, that's not good news! Thanks anyway, though! :)
    GC: Coco Fabulous
    Vats wrote: »
    Congrats Nai!

Xan looks amazing on each comeback dress!

I think it's time to Glu stop to increase the number of fans in every update!

I'm like with 612kk of fans, if was me I'll never be friend of myself lol

There are 7 billion of people on earth, almost 10% are Vats' fans lol

They should freeze these numbers to everybody can enjoy the comeback without have to work for an eternity on it!

Yes, congrats Nai. The dresses look great, and now we're both making the final climb. lol. Do you think Glu will roll out more comebacks? Would you want that? I would. Even if I could only do one in a year, I'd sign up for it. But the dress would have to be spectacular.

And Vats, your friend will always want you in their games, If I dropped people because they were good players, what is the sense in that. I don't know my ranks, don't know exactly how many fans my dolls have, I'm here for the friendship. Playing with people I know. And everyone here is the best.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • RocStarRocStar Registered Users 20 Posts
    I've done all 3 comebacks and really enjoyed them.

PRO's-- permanent extra energy, free outfits and new challenges to get back to #1 so the game didn't get stale.

CON's--No more 1 hour gigs. I miss those the most especially when there's weekend events to get a free K star. Also, it's frustrating when an update occurs when you're close to 1st place since more fans are added and you drop down considerably especially if you have many friends who are already at #1. Just when you think you're close to getting to #1 again, an update comes and you really lose progress.

I'd like to see them offered again. I've been sitting at #1 for a while now so I'm ready to shake it up. Plus doing a comeback is a great time to change your name since you're already losing all your fans anyway. But please bring back 1 hour gigs!!!!
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    I just realized photoshoots did not have a special comeback action. Which is kinda messed up, there seems to be more photoshoots than anything else in the game.
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • kri_kbkri_kb Registered Users 73 Posts
    Hey everybody. I did the last Fashion Icon comeback this week. I'm almost a B+++ celebrity and still not receive any calls from Simon with a new comeback quest line. Is it OK or some kinda glitch?
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    kri_kb wrote: »
    Hey everybody. I did the last Fashion Icon comeback this week. I'm almost a B+++ celebrity and still not receive any calls from Simon with a new comeback quest line. Is it OK or some kinda glitch?

There are 3 comebacks but only one comeback quest! The one you did for your very first come back, that's it
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • kri_kbkri_kb Registered Users 73 Posts
    Chanrin wrote: »
    There are 3 comebacks but only one comeback quest! The one you did for your very first come back, that's it

Oh okay. Got it :)
  • NoblestRomanaNoblestRomana Registered Users 36 Posts
    I just started mine since for some reason I stopped getting "story quests" a while ago. So I'm excited for it. It will be a whole before I can do it in n=my other game since the #1 spot has like 600mil. fans lol.
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    KokoBelle wrote: »
    Zoyechka, do you mean this? It costs 9 energies(?) and fills about 1 1/2 hearts.
    20c35139-9d70-48f4-b7ae-834855fe9cfc_zpsrgza0oyl.jpg
    Lol yeah I figured it out. It's kinda useless really but oh well. Also, I feel my climb to get to the top as a couple is talking much longer than it did before I did the comeback.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    Hey guys, I have a question.

I just started my first comeback and I've noticed a lot of people saying they only get 3-8 hours tasks. Are the 1 h ones gone forever now or will they return? I'll be so disappointed if I can no longer get those, VIP weekends will become impossible..
  • NatashaspyNatashaspy Registered Users 13 Posts
    I just completed my first comeback quest and I realize why I never did it before. It takes FOREVER to get back up through the ranks. I threw tons of parties and did tons of jobs but still it has been months. I'm not sure what everyone else who said it was fast were doing. I finally got back to #9 and have another 350 point to get to #1, and that would be if the current #1 person didn't keep moving up. For me it was a huge waste of time for a dress I didn't like that much anyway. I'll just buy clothing from now on.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    RawryRawr wrote: »
    We should! Lol. For starting all over every time we need all the energy we can get LOL.

But anyways, I really like it. You don't have to do it if you don't want to, and if you want to, than you can! :D I'm slowly moving up since I don't really have a lot of good tasks at the moment so it's just slower for me but it's alright, I'm not in any rush ahaha. I do wonder though if, let's say, a C+ is higher on the ranking board than just a regular C and so on or if that doesn't matter..?

I guess you could say it does since it signifies you're doing a comeback. :)
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Natashaspy wrote: »
    I just completed my first comeback quest and I realize why I never did it before. It takes FOREVER to get back up through the ranks. I threw tons of parties and did tons of jobs but still it has been months. I'm not sure what everyone else who said it was fast were doing. I finally got back to #9 and have another 350 point to get to #1, and that would be if the current #1 person didn't keep moving up. For me it was a huge waste of time for a dress I didn't like that much anyway. I'll just buy clothing from now on.

Natashaspy--This is good info, thank you! I keep waffling back and forth: first I thought ok, after New Year's. Then I thought, ok, after I have a baby. This past Friday I finally hit 12,000 with my husband and--yay!--had a baby girl. Now I'm like, ok, let's see how how much farther the storylines go; I'm in the middle of two of them, plus doing a comeback ultimately doesn't sound so great; if I'm at the top of my game all around, then how does a "comeback" even make good sense?? Well, there's the challenge, and that's worth something, but...nope, not ready yet!!! :p
  • iampetermcdowelliampetermcdowell Banned Users 273 Posts
    My 2nd Comeback, Love Guru.
    image_zpsac5n6zmw.png
  • RubyAmazedRubyAmazed Registered Users 111 Posts
    Does doing a comeback stop your storyline (and related storyline gigs), or can you continue as normal once you finish the comeback gigs?
    iOS
    Ruby » level 35 A+++
    When the Comebacks were first revealed, there were different storylines, for the various comebacks. But, once I finished the Love Guru quests, I then got the quests the Fashion comeback got first, then the 3rd set and before I had made it back to my 2nd comeback, I was just in the regular storylines. That was a year ago or so? There are no longer specific storylines. Now, you take a comeback, and it's just regular Storylines. The later graphics about the Comebacks, no longer say you get specific storylines. That was just at the beginning of the comebacks, when they had an ****nal of new gigs, and before long, everyone had gotten all of them. To the best of my knowledge. But I can vouch for the fact that after the first comeback, there were no special tasks.

But, that was never the high point of the comeback. Hope you guys take them anyway. THe clothes are great, and who couldn't use another 3 energy?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary